CONNERS TREASURE

Von ericawoham

(Book #2 in Manhattan series ) (You don't have to read the first book to understand this one) ''A gent... Mehr

Chapter One
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Not an update
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Contest
Guidelines For The Contest
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Massive Opportunity For Budding Wattpad Users
Chapter Thirty Four
I am so sorry.
Chapter Thirty Five
I'm back!

Chapter Twenty

14.7K 681 107
Von ericawoham

Please comment about the story and less about the update I'm really working hard to find ideas and getting time out of my exams to write so please cooperate also i read every comment so it would mean so much to me if you comment about the story and tell me what part you like the most and what you want next.
Thank you buttercups <3
I love you and here we go!
____________________________
Sophia sat in seat, looking at the watch every two seconds. It was so hard to concentrate when you have a date in the very next break.
Okay, Sophia won't call it a date but Conner had requested her to bring in two cups of coffee and promised her some good Indian food. No one would call it a date. But even then it felt like it was no less than a date. Sophia picked up the pen that was lying right next to the file and clicked the bottom of it again and again.

She wondered if Connor was this anxious, she had no clue and she desperately wanted to find out. "Oh my god why is it so hard!" She exclaimed and brought her hands up to her face rubbing them lightly. She wanted to just barge into his office and ask him what  was he thinking but she knew she can never do it.

Finally the clock struck 12 and she felt like Cinderella .  Okay maybe that's too much but to her every second felt like her heart was going to explode.

A sudden knock on the door brought her out of her wonderland. It wad Alice with a sly smirk on her face.
"My god look at your blushing face right here!" She slid inside the cabin with two cups of coffee in her hand. "So I brought two cups with different flavors just like you asked. I hope Conner doesn't throw it on you with that temper of his" She joked.
Sophia did not really tell Alice the whole story knowing fully well that dating is forbidden by the rules in the company and also that Alice is a strict follower of each and every one of them.

She loved Alice and hiding things from her was killing her but she just had to do it for the sake of her job.

"Yeah it's fine thank you" Sophia smiled at Alice and then got up, checking her purse for some money. "How much was it for?" She asked but Alice just waved it off "It's on me this time. You make sure that the meeting in there goes perfectly and the monster doesn't kill you in the process." Alice laughed and then looked at the clock "It's almost 12:5 you should leave before her feeds you to his piranha" Sophia chuckled nervously and nodded her head, "Thank you Alice I'll see you then" Alice nodded her head and went out of the cabin. Sophia picked up the coffee cups from the table  &  took a deep breath. "You can do it. You are a strong independent woman who is going out on a date with- wait no! I mean Sophia you are a strong and independent woman and you got this, yes yes you got this!" She took a deep breath and walked out of her cabin, hoping she doesn't create a blunder this time.

______________________________

"Oh my god I'm so sorry" Sophia held the-now empty cup of coffee in her hand and looked at Conner with her hazel eyes almost as if she would burst  into tears any moment.

Conner quickly got up and shook his head "No it's fine I'll just go get it cleaned!" He answered In his usual monotone voice.
On the other hand Sophia was as pale as a ghost. How did this even happen! She was just bending over the table to hand him his cup of coffee and her own cup fell all over the table. The hot coffee got spilled over some papers on the table and most of it just  magically jumped all the way from the table to his shirt and pants. This was one of her most embarrassing life experience.

"Sophia! Are you listening to me?" Sophia whipped her head to his direction and nodded not even knowing he was talking to her.  Conner sighed and walked over to the washroom, "Can you call the janitor to clean this up I'll just change into something else"

"You have something else?" She asked,truly curious. Why would he have an extra set of clothes in the office it made no sense to her.
"Yes I do. Now please hurry up before the coffee stains everything and please check yourself for any burn or injury. The first aid is in the drawer right next the door, I'll be back"
With that he walked in and closed the door behind him. Sophia quickly called the old cocky janitor who laughed right on her face for being so clumsy, "For being so pretty you sure are dumb" And with that he had left. That ass!

Sophia sat in her chair as she heard the shower being turned off. Her body had goosebumps all over it. How can a man be such a cleanliness freak she just couldn't understand. But she knew it had been her fault that the whole coffee was on him when not even a minute had passed. She cursed herself and then again sat back in her chair "This has to be a joke" She muttered.

"What is?" Sophia almost jumped from her seat when she heard his voice. She quickly sat back like nothing happened and ran her fingers through her hair. "Oh noth-" as soon as she looked at him her whole world stopped.

His wet hair was set back in a sleek way like he had just ran his long slender fingers through them. He was wearing a grey t-shirt which was lose around his body but still tight enough to show his muscles that flexed every time he moved. His black colored lower was hanging loosely around his waist like he was too lazy to even tie the knot.

But my oh my what a scene it was. His ocean blue eyes stared at her questioningly as he moved closer.
"Ms. Morin, you can see all you want but take a picture, it'll last longer"

Sophia had never been so embarrassed in her whole life. She wanted to get up and run but she also wanted to pounce on him- wait what?

Sophia closed her eyes and looked away, "You're so sick, I have seen better!" She mumbled to which Conner only laughed "Sure you have. So who was he?" He asked truly curious. Sophia scoffed "Doesn't matter"

Conner walked over to her slowly, taking his time. He stopped right in front of her bend down,pushing her sightly back and smiling at her, "Tell me Ms Morin, what men are we talking about?" He sucked in a deep breath and moved closer to her neck, "I'm truly curious as to how many men have you seen" As he talked, Sophia was fully able to feel his hot breath on her neck, "Because I Ms. Morin-" he brought his lips right above her ear and nibbled on it, making her tighten her sweaty hands on the chair armrest, "Am very, very possessive about my things and my personal possessions"

Sophia sucked in a breath and if it was possible she scooted even more father away in the chair.

Conner gave her a sweet smile, but his eyes, those dark blue ocean eyes had the lust in them which Sophia couldn't ignore. It felt like if Sophia made one move in his favor he would rip off her clothes and take her then and there till she felt sore to the core and not walk for a whole month.

Conner pushed himself away from her and walked over to his chair, sitting down casually like he did not just make her whole body go weak.

"Ms. Morin do you want some water?" He asked with a smug smile on his face.

Sophia was as red as a tomato. That jerk knew how he effected her and he enjoyed it fully! "I-was just..I had..I-I-I'm hungry" She blurted out.

How stupid can she get!
Hungry? Seriously?

Conner chuckled and nodded his head picking up his phone and dialed some number "Even I'm hungry you know but what I want has to wait for some time. "

Sophia gulped, not sure if they were talking about the food anymore. "Okayyy" She dragged the y and sat back in her chair trying to calm herself down.
____________________________

It was already around 2 when she walked out of his office with two huge files in her hand. She had insisted on taking those old files back to her cabin just so no one gets suspicious. She wanted to run back home and call someone and tell them everything like she used to in her college years.

She literally jogged back to her cabin not wanting to face Alice on her way. With the expression she was carrying Alice would know in a second something had happened.

But did something really happen?

After he ordered her favorite Indian food and talked about her more than him, she actually got a little comfortable. She kept on glancing at him every now and then which Conner noticed and pointed out, telling her about how she should just take a picture and save it as her wallpaper. Also he told her he had an extra pair pf clothes at his office because many at times he would stay till late at night and would sleep on the sofa just to complete his work on time. Sophia looked at him with admiration, he was truly a dedicated and responsible man.

But the funny thing was, how comfortable she had gotten with a man who she had hated so badly a day before. But she knew she didn't really hate him but she was afraid.

She was afraid that he would take away Serenity and Sophia could only watch. She knew his power and his reputation, he always hot what he wanted and Sophia did not want to give up, not to him at-least.

He had offered to drop her home after work but she had politely declined telling him she had brought her car. Yes, she had her car but the truth was that she had to stay till a little after office was over to finish her work for tomorrow's meeting. She did not want to tell him knowing fully well that he would go out of his was to accompany her.

Sophia looked at the clock, it was almost time to go home and yet she had to complete her work which she thought would get completed in an hour or so.

But boy was she wrong.

It was almost 8:13 and she still had three files to go. Not one balance sheet was correct proving that she has to fire a few people as soon as she gets her hand on them.

Sophia was frustrated, the work seemed like it would not be ending anytime soon and no matter what she did there were no shortcuts.
Thinking for a second she walked over to the coffee machine in her cabin and prepared herself a hot cup of coffee.

"I love you to the moon and back. Period. " she told her coffee and smiled like the coffee would say thank you.

"Never thought you'll fall in love with something so- non living.''

In a flash the coffee fell out of her hands & onto the floor. Sophia looked up to find Conner standing there with an amused expression on his face. "Wow, you just killed your man"

"What are you doing here-" She looked up at the clock, "At this hour? Why did you not go home?"

"Just like you I had work to do" Conner replied like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Then, why are you here? I mean in my cabin? Go work?" Sophia crossed her arms over her breasts and leaned against the shelf. "I'm trying to work you know" She glared at him.

You can't blame her! Her coffee just got spilled all over!

"I just heard some crazy woman talking to herself so I thought I'd come check if i need to call a priest or not" Conner entered the cabin and walked over to her chair popping down on it.

"Firstly thank you but I'm not possessed and secondly that's my chair! Who do you think you are?" She huffed but side by side she wanted to punch herself for being so rude.

"Ms. Morin I think I'm the owner" he replied ever so calmly.
Sophia wanted to smack him for being right.

"Just go and do your work"

"Already done"

"So go home!"

"Not without you Ms. Morin"

Sophia almost choked on her own words, "Sorry what?"

Conner got up from his chair and walked over to her making sure he does not step on the coffee. "I said I'm not going home without you" He repeated again.

"What.." Sophia whispered.

"I. Am. Not. Goi-"

"I'm not slow! I got what you mean but I'm asking why? Just go home already!"

Conner sighed, "Ms. Morin like I said, not without you" He repeated his sentence for the fifth time.
"But why not?" She asked, taking a step back not liking the distance being covered.

Conner suddenly took a big step towards her and held her waist, pulling her closer to him. He wanted to feel her body against his and oh how he loved watching her white skin go red under his gaze.
"Didn't I tell you Ms. Morin, I am a very possessive man. Specially-" he leaned down and kissed the top of her forehead gently, "About my personal possessions"
___________________________

*thump* *thump* *thump*

The only sound that could be heard in the deadly silence that covered the empty place. The heavy footsteps on the cold concrete ground sounded like the only pleasant voice in the entire hall.

"Please wait here while we go and get her" A man nearly 6 feet tall walked away, with a gun cocked around his waist.

Salvador smiled, truly excited as to what he had planned being worked out right in front of his eyes. He looked around the prison, cream paint covered the walls around and an unbreakable glass in front of him.

The man who had previously gone to fetch someone returned shortly. "Here she is, you have five minutes and I'll be back" With that he left.

"Well hello-" Salvador started but was shortly cut off.
"Tell me what you want and why are you here?" The woman's voice sounded rough, like she had not spoken in a while. Her hair had turned white and her eyes grew dull. But who would have thought that this lady was one of the most influential women of her time.

"Revenge" Salvador sat back in his chair, with the same smile plastered on his face.

A long silence followed.

"What revenge?" The woman asked, breaking the silence. Even with his smile she could tell how dangerous this man was, "I don't even know you" she told him as a matter of fact trying to get him to open up.

"But you do know the Manhattans" Salvador continued, "I want revenge from them and you are the only one that can help me" He leaned forward, "You want the same thing, don't you?"

The woman looked at the man with fire in her eyes. Of course she wanted revenge on those bastards and that to badly. "How? How can I help you when I'm locked in here?"

"Oh don't worry, I've got all the paperwork ready. You'll be out in a day or two but only on one condition"
"What is that?"
"You'll obey my orders and help me in every way. In return I'll give you your freedom and what ever amount of money you want to start a new life. So is it a deal?"

The woman was about to answer but the police man walked in. "Times over, let's get you going now"
The woman stood up and turned around ready to leave with the officer.

"Yes" Was the last thing she said before she disappeared in the darkness.

Salvador smiled and got up, straightening his tie. "Good then. Until next time, Alison."

He then walked out of the prison with a triumph smile on his face. His plan was perfect this time.
And after he uses Alison, he'll give her the worst death in the history of mankind.

His pawns are all set and the game is only beginning.

___________________________

Allison is Xavier's step mother who tried to kill Erica. She was the villain in the previous book.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

98K 4.5K 60
(Sequel of I loved an alien) I looked at him with a poisonous glare. "I will hate you forever." the determination was clear in my voice. The monste...
20.2K 611 25
Suddenly, he pulled me towards him by my waist... A little yelp escapes from my mouth and i grab his suit or jacket whatever he is wearing... My hear...
1.9M 59.3K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
547K 5.8K 9
Monster is just an understatement in describing him. He was born to claim the Mafia World and to start a new bloodline. He was the definition of Hear...