Love Complicates Everything

By bebechinadoll

***Please Note: This is the sequel to Love Makes the Heart Beat...If you haven't read that story yet, I sugge... More

Chapter 1: College Life (Picture of Mikaila)
Chapter 2: So The Drama Begins (Picture of Zac)
Chapter 3: Mind Blowing (Picture of Hunter)
Chapter 4: Awkward Much? (Picture of Ethan)
Chapter 5: The Truth (Picture of AJ)
Chapter 6: Drowning My Sorrows (Picture of Maid of Honor Dress)
Chapter 7: Pleasantly Surprised (Picture of Loft)
Chapter 8: Full of Surprises (Picture of Engagement Ring)
Chapter 9: Rehearsal Dinner Disaster (Picture of Reese)
Chapter 10: Locked Up (Picture of Chad)
Chapter 11: Bachelor/Bachelorette Party (Pic of of Reese's Stripper!)
Chapter 13: Fairytale Wedding (Picture of Gemma)
Chapter 14: WTH? (Picture of Taylor)
Chapter 15: Time Away
Chapter 16: Indecisive
Chapter 17: Frat Party...Pity Party
Chapter 18: Do You Plead Guilty...Or Not Guilty
Chapter 19: Say It Ain't So!
Chapter 20: Atlantic City
Chapter 21: Laughable Lie!
Chapter 22: Business Discussion
Chapter 23: Don't Wanna (Picture of Aunt Elisha)
Chapter 24: Drama in Paris (Picture of Elisha's Hunter)
Chapter 25: Not So Happy New Year
Chapter 26: All Grown Up (Picture of Alena)
Chapter 27: Fashion Show (Picture of Lillianna)
Chapter 28: Only The Beginning

Chapter 12: Love It's Complicated (Pic of Mikaila's Hair)

22K 300 12
By bebechinadoll

Reaching out and grabbing a handful of the slutty brunette's hair, I yanked downwards pulling her off my man. She fell out of Zac's lap and landed ungracefully on her ass.

"Get the fuck off my man." I yelled still holding onto the bitch's hair. I could feel her cheap extensions separating from her scalp. She was unsuccessfully trying to untangle my hand from her hair.

Like what the hell? Strippers are meant to be doing a sensual dance, take off your clothes and be done with it.

No where did it say touching was involved. The only thing we touched on Reese's male dancer was his abs to see how rock solid they were.

My thoughts from earlier made me think these girls were exactly what I thought...prostitutes! I looked over in Aiden's direction and narrowed my eyes at him.

He inhaled a visibly sharp breath and his eyes widened at my deadly look. Quickly, he ushered the four random girls, Jasmine, Isabella, Amber along with Noel, Jake, Tony and Ethan out of the room and shut the door in their faces.

Guess he felt like the less people in the room to witness what was about to occur, the better.

Upon initial reaction to us showing up, AJ stood up quickly throwing the blond that was on his lap to the ground. He didn't even try and help her up. She stood up brushing herself off and began putting on her clothes.

I glanced over at Reese and noticed she stood in front of AJ with accusing eyes. He stared back at her guiltily and knew it was best to stay quiet.

Out the corner of my eye, I could see Gemma doing the same thing I was except she grabbed the skank by her shoulders and threw her off Alex.

She too just got up off the floor shrugging her shoulders and grabbed her clothes. They must be used to getting thrown around like trash.

AJ and Alex were now in the process of getting their behinds chewed out by Reese and Gemma. Being so angry, I couldn't focus on what was being said...it all sounded like a bunch of mumble jumble to me.

Just my luck, I had the snippy little bitch that just couldn't take her money and be on her way.

"Haha, your man didn't seem to complain when I was about to give him a hand job." The bitch retorted. "Must not being doing something right at home." She mumbled.

In response to her witty comeback, my fist flew out on it's own accord connecting with her face. "You stupid slut!" I screamed charging at her causing her to fall backwards onto the ground.

Wanting to cause this bitch bodily injury, was the only thought that crossed my mind as I straddled her and threw punch after punch.

She was squirming around, bucking her hips trying to get me off her, her hands reflexively trying their best to cover her face and block my hits.

Next thing I knew I was being yanked up by my waist and dragged to the other side of the room. As two muscular arms came down in front of me to restrain my flailing arms.

"Get off of me!" I snarled trying to fight against whoever it was that was holding me back.

"Kaila, calm down!" Chad grunted as he held me tightly. "I'm not letting go until you calm the hell down."

My blood was boiling, I could feel the heaving up and down of my own breath in my chest as I tried the best I could to calm myself.

After what felt like forever, but was only a matter of seconds I was able to stop struggling against Chad's restraints.

I looked around the room and noticed that the two skanks, were helping the mouthy bitch out of the room. Aiden was following closely behind them.

I could hear him murmuring to her that she should've just stayed shut and maybe then she wouldn't have gotten her ass whooped.

He made her promise to not file any charges against me, stating the cops would only be on her like white of rice because her profession wasn't exactly legal. Ahah! See I knew deep down inside they were a little more than strippers!

He shoved an extra hundred dollar bill into her hand and once again closed the door. Leaning with his back against it, he let out a huge sigh. "Whew."

AJ stood with his arms around a visibly upset Reese, she was always quick to forgive him. They hardly ever stayed mad at one another and rarely argued.

Gemma stood with her arms crossed over her chest glaring at Alex who was in front of her trying to beg for her forgiveness.

My eyes finally zoned in on Zac who stood there with his hands in his pockets. He's been awfully quiet during all this and I wondered why?

"Let me go Chad." I demanded wanting to get closer to Zac so that I could see what he had to say.

"You calm now?" He asked ducking his head around to look me in the eye. I nodded my head and he unwrapped his arms from around me.

I wrung my hands together nervously as I took each painful step closer to him. My fingers running over the ring on my finger.

Wasn't this meant to be some form of a promise to never hurt me? What the hell was the purpose of this little piece of metal if he was already doing damage even before we made any vows to one another?

Stopping in front of him I looked up to meet his glossy bloodshot eyes. "What do you have to say for yourself?" My throat was dry so my voice came out hoarse from screaming at the skank.

"It was all in good fun Kai. Nothing happened." Zac said quietly almost in a whisper.

"Nothing happened? NOTHING HAPPENED?!?" I screamed loudly startling Gemma causing her to jump. "Something would've happened if we didn't come in and interrupt when we did!"

"Well nothing did happen." He said again, his voice a little louder this time. Why was acting like such an asshole? He had no remorse what so ever for what almost went down! "You girls interrupted it before anything did."

It was as though he was trying to seem tough in front of the guys or something. As though he became a completely different person when he drank...something he should no longer do by the way.

His nonchalantness caused the anger to build inside of me at an alarming rate. I clenched my jaw down hard and if looks could kill, he'd be dead right now.

I hated belligerent Zac with a passion, he was nothing at all like my sweet, kind hearted, loving Zac that took such good care of me.

Drunk Zac was fun to be around, he's loose and the life of the party...belligerent Zac was a totally different story.

What came over me next was unexplainable. I reached up and slapped Zac across his face. His head jerking to one side as I did so.

"You know what Zac, you're absolutely right, no-thing happened. Sorry to disappoint you and ruin the fun you planned on having tonight." I spat out glaring at him hatefully.

Taking off the ring that I whole-heartedly accepted not so long ago, I grabbed his hand in my own. He looked at me in confusion as to why I was holding his hand all of a sudden.

"Seems as though you're not through having your fun yet. I can't be with someone who's one person one day and another when he's drunk past his limit." I fought back the tears in my eyes as I dropped the ring in the palm of his hands and closed his fingers around it.

"I feel like I don't even know who you are right now, I need space...we need space." I choked out as I dropped his hand and walked out of the quiet room.

Waking up the next morning at eleven, I felt like pure crap. Luckily I took 3 advils before going to bed last night, so I didn't wake up with a hang-over.

After leaving Vudu, I hailed a cab back to the hotel with Reese and Gemma who chased out after me.

Seems Tony, Luke, Noel, Ethan, Isabella, Amber, and Jasmine took the liberty of using our limo to get back to the hotel. They probably figured we'd all kiss, make-up, and follow the guys in their limo...no such luck.

The church ceremony would be taking place at 4:00 PM, with the reception immediately following at the Ritz Carlton.

By the time I managed to drag myself out of bed and into shower, I came out to find our room bustling with activity.

All the girls were in the room, the hair stylists and make up artists arrived. Jasmine, Isabella, and Amber were seated in chairs at one end of the room getting their hair done.

While Reese and Gemma sat on the other side of the room quietly chatting with the stylists to let them know how they wanted their hair.

There was a spread of breakfast items on a room service cart off to the side of the room. My stomach was still turning from last night's events so I didn't even feel the least bit hungry.

Immediately, I was whisked by a stylist into an empty seat between Reese and Gemma so that she could fuss over my hair.

"Hey." Reese called out quietly glancing over in my direction. She looked like she hardly slept, but was her normal chipper self. "How'd you sleep?"

"I slept fine, woke up with no hangover this morning so I"m grateful for that." I answered back while closing my eyes to try and relax.

"Yea, I woke up feeling pretty damn good too." Gemma agreed. "Sooo, you wanna tell us what happened last night?" Gemma was never one to beat around the bush. She was straight forward and brutally honest.

Without even opening my eyes, I answered, "What do you mean what happened? I caught my supposed fiance almost cheating on me, so I beat the crap out of a skank who didn't know when to shut her trap." I let out a sigh. "Don't tell me you girls are forgiving them so easily."

"Classic...I wouldn't expect any less from you Kaila." Gemma said letting out a fit of giggles. "And hell to the no I'm not letting Alex off the hook. He's going to have alot of sucking up to do."

"You don't have to answer that Reese, I know you can't stand staying mad at AJ for too long." I smirked over at her and she smiled back.

"You gonna talk to him before the wedding?" Reese asked hopefully. She knew that this was by far the worst argument I'd ever had with Zac. "I think you should."

"So do I." Gemma chimed in. "I know it's different when the shoe is on the other foot, but you guys are made for each other. Anyone who knows you guys can see that."

"She's right you know." Reese said turning slightly in her chair to face me. "Zac loves you unconditionally, sure he does stupid things when he drinks too much...but don't we all?"

Who's side were these two on anyways? Was I wrong for freaking out on him the way I did last night?

In my sober state of mind, I was thinking a bit more clearly now. It was understandable that AJ was getting the VIP treatment from the stripper, it was his bachelor party after all.

In reality it wasn't the fact that Zac was getting a lap dance from a female that bothered me. Guys will be guys. 

Aiden probably thought it was in good fun to get the three guys who were tied down in a relationship to loosen up for a just one night. I wasn't mad at Aiden at all.

What irked me to no end was that Zac's pants were unbuckled and it was just disrepectful to me that he'd allow another female to get that close.

"Fine...fine. I'll go talk to him once my hair and make up is done." I promised the two causing them to swell with happiness.

I sat there quietly trying to figure out what I would say to Zac. There'd be no possible way to easily break the ice after last night's events.

What do I say, 'Hey Zachy, sorry I smacked your face?' I'm sure there would be a visible five finger print on his cheek knowing how hard I smacked him. My damn hand stung for hours afterwards.

My hair was done and the make up artist Shelly was currently working on perfecting my face. I was getting more and more nervouse the closer Shelly got to finishing up.

Just as she was putting the finishing touches on my lip gloss, a knock sounded on the suite door.

"I'll get it." Gemma called out, she was already finished her hair and make up. "Kaila, it's for you."

"All set." Shelly said taking a step back to observe her masterpiece. "You look great. I'll be around all night to do touch ups."

"Thanks Shells." I said getting up from the chair and heading towards the door.

Standing there looking like he's been through hell and high water was Zac. He had noticeable bags underneath his swollen bloodshot eyes. Looking like he didn't sleep at all last night and instead spent the night crying.

He stood with his hood up over his head covering his messy hair. His hands were shoved into the pockets of his hoodie and his eyes cast down towards the ground.

As his eyes raised up to meet mine,they lit up a bit as he noticed that my hair and make up were done. His eyes wandered down to the rest of my attire, which was a black cami and black yoga pants.

"Can we talk?" Zac's voice came out gruff and depressed sounding. "Please?"

I loved this man with every fiber of my being, I don't know why, but that one word...that one simple damn word coming from his mouth, could get me to do anything he wanted. If he would only just ask.

I nodded my head and signalled with my index finger for him to hold on a second. Going back into the room I grabbed my key card off the table and pulled on my slippers. "Be back ina few." I called over my shoulder to Reese.

"Take all the time you need, just make sure you're back here by three." She answered as I shut the door behind me.

"We can go to my room." Zac suggested when the thought crossed my mind that I had no idea where we were going to have this so called talk. I very well couldn't go down to the hotel lobby of a five star hotel in my pajamas! "All the guys went out to breakfast."

Again I just nodded my head slightly in agreement. For some reason I couldn't find my voice to talk, not just yet. Zac made no advances in trying to touch me, keeping his hands tucked away in his pockets.

We got on the elevator and went down two floors, reaching his suite. Zac unlocked and held the door open for me to enter first.

I walked in and took a seat on the sofa. Zac pulled his hood off and unzipped his jacket taking it off and placing it on the chair.

He was wearing a white t-shirt underneath. He came over and took a seat next to me on the sofa, making sure to sit close but not too close.

We just sat there in silence for a few minutes, each of us not sure what to say to break the ice.

"I don't even know where to begin." Zac's voice came out with a tremble. "I'm ashamed of the way I acted last night. I won't say I'm sorry to you, because sorry isn't big enough of an apology for the way I behaved towards you."

"I love you Kai...I love you so damn much. I don't want you to hate me and I don't expect you to forgive me right away, but I hope you can find it in your heart to not stay mad at me forever. I can't lose you, you mean too much to me." He said in a whisper as he swatted the tears that fell from his eyes.

Just sitting there watching him cry broke my heart into a million pieces. I never wanted him to hurt or to feel pain and I wanted to do everything in my power to make it go away.

"I felt disrespected at the fact that you'd let someone get that close to breaking us up, after all we've worked for to get where we're at." My voice came out a hell of a lot stronger than I thought it would.

"I know beautiful...I know and I'm so sorry. I don't know what the hell happened to me last night it's like I wasn't even myself. I had too many damn shots last night and I should've know what my limit was and when to stop, but I didn't and I fucked up big time." Zac said getting up to kneel down in front of me as he took my hands in his own.

"Please Kai." Zac's voice broke full of pain. "Don't leave me. Give me one last chance is all I'm asking to make things right.I meant it when I said I don't see my future without you."

There was a steady stream of tears coming down his eyes as his hands trembled in mine. His whole body shook as his body racked with sobs.

Not being able to take anymore of his pain, it was causing my own heart to rip apart slowly. "I love you baby, I don't ever want to experience anything like that again. I hate feeling like that." I said as the tears began to fall from my own eyes.

"Never." Zac whispered. "I promise I'll never hurt you again." He took my left hand into his and slid the ring back onto my finger. "Promise me one thing...and one thing only. This belongs to you, I don't ever want it to come off your finger ever again."

I nodded my head, "I promise." Just as the words left my mouth Zac pulled me into a bone crushing hug holding me tightly for what seemed like hours.

"Reese is gonna kill me, I ruined my make up...now I gotta go back and wash my face so they can redo it." I whined into the crook of Zac's neck.

"You're beautiful no matter if you have make up or not. C'mon let's get you back to the room so you can finish getting ready." Zac said pulling me up to stand as he leaned down and kissed my lips so softly. "I love you Kai."

"I love you too, Zachy." I answered as we headed back towards my suite so I finish getting ready for the wedding. Whoever said love is easy was wrong...it's obviously complicated....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453K 20.4K 50
Second book of 'The Nerd Can Fight' Series *You'll need to read the first book to understand this one* After Adam's memory loss, Cassandra struggled...
107K 8.3K 49
*Book 2 of the Saint J's Boys* "Please," Logan gave me a heartwarming smile. "Call me Lo." "Alright," I crossed my arms over my chest. "What's your s...
51.1K 2.6K 28
**Sequel to The New Kid** Elliot and Colton are still very much in love after nearly two years of being together. But it's time for Colton to go to c...
38.6M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...