In Love With the Enemies

De catsRULEdogsDROOL

The only life under thinking, confused Maroon remembers, is her life with Viva. Maroon's life takes a dramat... Mais

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Nine

3.6K 97 17
De catsRULEdogsDROOL

Maroon's fingers pressed against the white and black keys of the piano as she hummed along to the song she couldn't stop playing. She didn't want to forget the song, ever, now that she remembered it, and the feel of the keys soothed her to no end. Caleb didn't seem to mind either that she only played that one song , as he started to hum along as he looked through the papers. 

Caleb had explained to Maroon he wanted to find out who her family was and where they lived, so he could then contact them and maybe reunite Maroon with her family again. Maroon was excited about the idea of finding her family again, because she couldn't remember a think about them. All she learned looking through the papers was her mothers name was Lucille Baitmen, but Caleb was determined to find out her maiden name. 

Finishing the song again, this time Maroon didn't start again, instead she got up from the bench, yawning, and walked to the couch opposite of Caleb's. She plopped down and sunk into the cushions, smiling happily.

"You don't have to stay up with me. You can go to bed." Caleb spoke, his blue eyes meeting hers as he looked up from the paper he held in his hands. 

Maroon closed her eyes and shook her head no. To be honest, Maroon took comfort in Caleb's presence and felt safer with him close to her. Maroon heard Caleb laugh and mumbled an okay, before her mind thinned out and she fell asleep.

Maroon felt a chill through her body as she looked around to find herself inside a living room that seemed some what familiar. Soft hard wood floors with lilac walls, a white couch and chair in the middle facing the wide, large window that out looked the green grassed backyard that had a pond and a slide with an accompanied swing. It looked like  child’s paradise.

Suddenly a loud, sharp crash shot out of nowhere, startling Maroon. She heard shouts and in came a tall man with black and grey short hair. He looked angry as he made his way into the living room and pacing around. A minute later, a short woman with long, dark brown hair came in, her face angry as well.

She stomped over to the man and started to yell at him. Maroon could feel there angry and hear their loud, angry voices, but she couldn't understand the words, it was muffled somehow.

Suddenly the woman slapped the man across the face violently. He turned his head at the blow, but otherwise it didn't effect him. He then stormed out of the house and made his way down the driveway to his car. 

"Daddy!" A new voice screamed. Maroon turned her head as a little girl around 8 years old came running into the room. Her dark brown hair was made into two, clean braids that fell to her shoulders. In her hands she held a white teddy bear with two black smiling eyes. Her green eyes turned to her mothers who just walked towards her, shouting at her, before leaving to the kitchen. 

The little girl, who Maroon finally recognized to be herself, shot to the front door and made her way to the drive way where her father was pulling out. Maroon watched from the window as the little girl screamed her for her dad, begging him not to leave her. Maroon herself, felt tears fall from her eyes as she watched the littler girl fall apart at the absence of her father.

The woman came to the front door and shouted for the little girl to come back inside, but when she didn't the woman went out and grabbed the little girl roughly, causing her to drop her bear, and be pulled her back into the house forcefully. Tears poured from the little girl as she was dragged into the house. She begged for her father when her mother suddenly hits her on her small, soft face. The little girl screamed as her mother threatened her before locking in her room for the night, not even to be fed.

Maroon felt the most excruciating pain in her chest. She tightened her hands into fists and placed them over her heart, groaning in pain.

"Maroon?" She heard someone question surprised. She heard shuffling before someone placed there hand on her arm and cheek. "What is wrong Maroon?" It was Caleb.

"He left me." Maroon cried, sobbing, her heart slowly being crushed. 

"Who Maroon? Who left you?" Caleb quickly replied, sitting her up. Maroon didn't answer as the chest pain worsened and she felt her lungs starting to cave in on her.

"Maroon?" Caleb questioned loudly, shaking her.

Maroon's green eyes shot open as she bolted upward, all the pain suddenly gone. 

"Maroon?" Caleb again questioned, still holding her arm. She looked into his blue awaiting, scared eyes.

Her eyes got glassy and the pain returned, not as strong though. "My dad. He left me. They fought and he left me alone with her. And I got blamed. She blamed me." Maroon confessed, not only to herself but to Caleb too. Caleb searched her eyes and he caressed her cheek with his hand as she started to cry. Caleb sat next to her and hugged her close, comforting her.

"Oh Maroon. I'm sure it wasn't your fault. Don't beat yourself up over it." Caleb soothed, rubbing her back. 

Caleb just held Maroon for a while before she pulled away, wiping her eyes.

"Why is all this happening now, Caleb? Why don’t I remember these things? My past?” 

Caleb looked down before meeting her eyes, “I don’t know Maroon. But I promise we will find out.” 

Maroon nodded, “Okay.” She then reached forward to grab another paper. 

It had been another hour of looking through papers, and so far we had found out her full name, Maroon Raquel Baitmen. Maroon looked down at her Birth Certificate as she learned all this information she had sadly forgotten. Her birthday was October 4, 1993, at 5:00AM at Mariel Golden Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee. Which wasn’t that far from where they are now; Dover, Tennessee. 

Setting down the Birth Certificate, Maroon moved and grabbed another paper, this time it was a photograph. It was of two little girls, one she recognized as herself, she looked about five-years-old in the picture, and she was holding another little girl who looked extremely similar to herself. The other little girl looked about a week old, with soft baby skin and a small, fragile body. She was smiling though, a toothless mouth, her eyes shinning with happiness as she looked up at Maroon.

“Olive...” Maroon breathed, her heart breaking as everything started to pull itself together. Maroon’s eyes got glass until tears started to fall again. 

“Maroon?” Caleb questioned, looking up at her again. 

She held a hand to her mouth and ignored Caleb. She had a sister, a baby sister. Quickly looking over the photo and did the math. Her sister must be 14. Could she still be living with her mother? Her abusive mother?

“Oh God,” Maroon gasped, looking up at nothing in particular. If her little sister was still living with her abusive mother, she could be living the horrible life she had to. How could she forget her baby sister? The one person she was meant to protect from her mother. A memory flashed through her mind of her talking with her sister, promising to alway project her. 

“Maroon,” Caleb stated, leaning forward, resting his elbows on his knees. He looked worried as Maroon now met his blue eyes.

“Olive.”

“What?” Caleb questioned, confused.

“My baby sister.” Caleb looked surprised once she answered, staring at her shocked. Maroon’s eyes got glassy and she got scared and angry, “I left her. I have to save her!” 

Maroon got up, not knowing what she would do, but she knew she had to do something. For three years she had left her baby sister alone, not knowing where she could have gone, with her abusive mother. 

Someone grabbed her arm and pulled her back. Caleb spun her around and restrained her. 

“Maroon stop. You can’t just leave. You don’t even know where she is. It would be pointless to just run off.”

Caleb was right. She didn’t know where her sister could be? She couldn’t even remember her own address. Leaving would be pointless, but she had to do something, anything! 

“Caleb, I have to do something. I can’t leave her there any longer. It’s been three years since I’ve left. She might not even know why I felt. She could think I abandoned her! She could think I am dead! Worst, I left her alone with my mother!” At this point, tears freely fell from her eyes as she sobbed. Her poor sister. She hated the guilt she felt, the pain. 

Caleb thought for a moment while Maroon felt nothing but guilt for her baby sister. How could she do such a thing. 

“Why don’t I just – go and find information about Olive.” Caleb suggested, wiping his lips and looking around before back at Maroon. “Then when I return, we can find as much as we can and get her then.”

Maroon nodded, thinking about the idea. He was right... 

Caleb searched her green eyes, smiling, “Okay?” Maroon nodded again, wiping her eyes. 

“Okay, I’ll be back as soon as possible.” Caleb said, smiling. “Don’t worry–will get her. Everything will be okay.” Caleb promised, kissing her forehead before leaving. 

Maroon sat back down and rested her elbows on her knees, running her fingers through her hair.

“I’m so sorry Olive.” Maroon whispered to herself, a tear falling again. Is Olive okay? Did she survive her mothers abuse? Did she build the courage to tell someone and is living happily with a new family? Is she alive and well, or hurt and alone?

Reaching forward, Maroon started to rummage through the papers, looking for an address. Finally finding it, she quickly scribbled down the address onto the paper and stuffed it into her pocket. She couldn’t sit here and wait, she needed to help her sister. Now!

Sneaking out of the house wasn’t difficult as Maroon made her way down the gravel road, her foot steps quick. She managed to make it to a busy road and found a bus stop quickly. Hopping on, she rummaged through her pockets, finding spar money she was lucky to have since she forgot some, her decision so quickly thought up. She started to doubt her plan, knowing it would freak out Caleb and he’d surely come looking for her, but then she thought back to Olive. She was alone, most likely hurt. She had to save her. 

The bus ride was bumpy and rough as we took frequent stops and more and more strange people boarded. A old woman with short, curly grey hair smiled sweetly at Maroon, who returned the gesture before looking out the window. A group of teenage guys got on and winked, made kiss sounds at her before one finally came up to her and pressed close to her. He was Latino with spiked up hair and wide brown eyes. He was quiet attractive, and looked to be seventeen-years-old. Maroon rolled her eyes and moved towards the front of the bus, the guys groaning and laughing together.  

Finally reaching Nashville, Maroon got off the bus and looked at the street signs, which lucky all started to come back to her. She was remembering. Her heart ached as she made her way down the busy street onto one that looked painfully familiar. 

Maroon stopped at the corner of 9th and Jackson before breathing in a long, necessary breath and made her way down the street. Looking down at her watch, it read six-thirty. Sun was setting low already, leaving only to bright, glowing illumination to the streets. Thinking back, this would be the time her mother would be returning home from her work as a Mechanic at 12 Ways Tires.  

Maroon prepared herself as she hurried down the streets towards her home. She walked down the side way and sighed happily as she didn’t see a car parked outside the house, and the only light lit was the second floor, left window. Her room. 

Maroon made her way up the steps and started to bang on the door, hoping for Olive to answer, not her mother. No one did though. Not her mother or Olive. Maroon started to worry as she banged on the door again, still no one answered. 

She jumped around to the back door and tried that one, still no answer. So making her way to the grill, Maroon lifted the cover and removed the aluminum foil that held a secret key. She held the key tightly and hurried to the back door and unlocking it. 

The house was complete silent and Maroon started to wonder if anyone was home at all. So she entered into the kitchen and the room was dark, but otherwise the same as the last time she was it. Her heart started to ache more as she made her way into the living room and up the stairs. 

Entering the hallway, Maroon’s heart got to the point that she had to stop and take deep breaths. She heart screams in the back of her mind, the sound of shouting, the pain she felt before Viva found her. 

Sighing deeply, Maroon made her way towards where her room was. The door was shut, and replaced with a hard dark wood one with a key lock. Luckily the door was unlocked through, so Maroon pushing it open and made her way into the lit room. It was empty. Maroon started to worry as she scanned the empty room. Olive wasn’t here. 

“Don’t move!” An voice shot out harshly. Maroon froze, her hands shaking and her heart beating heavily. Slowly, Maroon turned around to find a girl with pixie short brown hair and wide, shocked green eyes. Her hands held out a knife, her hands shaking. 

Olive. 

Maroon gasped and smiled as she looked over her little sister. She had a scar on her eye brow and her lip was split, otherwise she appeared to be alright. 

“Olive...” Maroon breathed, smiling and sighing in relief. “You’re okay.” 

Olive lowered the knife as she took in Maroon. Olive looked Maroon up and down before meeting her eyes. All Maroon wanted to do was run to Olive and hug her, but she didn’t want to scare her either.

A tear escaped Olive’s eyes but she quickly wiped them away and rose the knife again, which startled Maroon.

“Olive. It’s me. Maroon. Your sister.” Maroon spoke as calmly as she could, her hands in the air. 

Olive shook her head, “My sister is dead.” she hissed angrily back. Maroon’s started to ache and break. Olive thought she was dead. She went all this time believing that while I was living with a Vampire for three years. She couldn’t believe she had left Olive and forgotten her. 

“No, Olive. I’m alive. It’s me. Please.” Maroon begged, her eyes bolting from Olive’s to the knife then back. Maroon started to lower her hands but kept one reached out to Olive, who didn’t lower the knife but didn’t look as angry, just sad. 

Maroon took a step towards her sister, arms still out stretched. 

“Stay back!” Olive hollered, slashing out the knife and cutting Maroon’s hand. Maroon pulled her arm quickly back, hissing out from the sudden pain.  

“Olive! Please!” Maroon said, looking up at her sister hurt. Olive stared shocked at her sister, her eyes sad and wide in surprise. She then broke down, dropping the knife and falling to her knees.

Maroon ran over and kneeled down next to her sister, wrapping her around Olive’s shaking, sobbing body. “I am so so sorry, Olive. I didn’t mean to leave you. I’m sorry.” Maroon mumbled into her sisters shoulder, hugging her tighter then she’s ever hugged anyone. Her heart swelled and her throat started to hurt from all the crying she was doing.

“Well, well, well. Look whose returned.” 

Maroon snapped her head up to see an older, more aged version of her mother. She was standing in the doorway, surprised, but smiling villainously down at the two crying figures. Olive looked up terrified as she started at her mother. Maroon got up, pulling Olive along with her but keeping her behind herself to protect her. 

Maroon’s mother had more aged wrinkles around her lips and eyes. Her once dark brown long hair, now had grey hairs, and was tied up into a high bun, a few strands falling freely. 

“Nice to have you back, Maroon.” Her mother sweetly said, smiling, showing more wrinkles. Her mother folded her hands in front of her, and studied her two daughters.

“Trust me. I’m not staying for long. Neither is Olive.” Maroon hissed back, her voice full of venom and rage. Maroon always hated her mother, before she was scared to stand up for herself, but after all this time, Maroon didn’t feel scared. She was angry, furious. 

Olive trembled behind her, clutching tightly to Maroon’s sides. Maroon watched as her mother took a step forward and picking up the knife Olive once held. Olive gasped before quivering. 

“She won’t hurt you, Olive.” Maroon reassured to her sister, who replied with a shaky nod. Her mother raised her eye brow. 

“No? As I remember, you abandoned her while you went off doing, who knows what for three years. Whoring around. You always were a slut.” Lucille, her mother, replied smiling. 

“I was raised by one.” Maroon said, smiling back. Lucille glared as her brown eyes got wide with anger.

“Bitch!” Lucille shouted, angry. Maroon moved to better protect her sister. Lucille then threw the knife. Maroon pushed them to the side, but Maroon’s back was turned enough and the knife cut into her back. 

Maroon cried out in shock and pain, but quickly recovered herself to see Lucille had advanced on her and grabbed her by her throat, pushing her against the wall. Olive screamed her sisters name, jumping towards her mother. 

Lucille slapped Olive and she fell to the ground with a thud. Maroon kicked Lucille in the leg and pushed her away. Lucille stumbled, but quickly came back and grabbed Maroon by her hair and threw her into the hallway. 

Maroon threw out her hairs, catching herself before her head could hit the wall and straightened up as Lucille advanced towards her. Maroon was ready to fight when Olive appeared out of no where and jumped on her mother, pulling at her hair.

“Leave Maroon alone!” Olive shouted, hitting her mother’s back and shoulder. Lucille thrashed around, trying to get Olive off when she hit her back against the wall, knocking Olive off. Lucille turned around towards Olive. Maroon shouted for Olive to watch out when Lucille pushed Olive backwards down the long, steep staircase.

“Olive!” Maroon shouted as she watched Olive roll down the stairs and land with a heavy thud. Olive didn’t get up. “Olive!” Maroon shouted again, her voice cracking as she hurried down the stairs.

Kneeling next to her sister, Maroon picked up her sisters head and placing it in her lap. Maroon brushed her hand over her sisters hair. Lucille stomped down the stairs.

“Look what you’ve done!” Lucille shouted, spit flying from her sneering mouth. “This wouldn’t of happened if you hadn’t returned!” 

“What are you taking about! You pushed her.” Maroon cried as she glared hatefully up at her mother. 

“I wouldn’t have if you hadn’t showed up. She would’ve stayed in her room. You killed her by coming back!” Lucille shouted, kicking Maroon in the chin. She flew backwards, her jaw hurting badly as the blow. 

Maroon started to cry as her mother started to advance on her. Maroon kicked her legs, trying to move away from her angry mother.

Maroon was scared. She felt like a child again, seeing her angry mother come towards her as she quivering into a corner. 

Just then, the front door broke down, slamming open. Maroon covered her eyes, screaming, as her mother just turned and glared at the intruder.

It was Caleb. 

He stood in the doorway, his body stance intimidating as he took in the situation. Maroon uncovered her eyes and noticed Kyle standing, frowning behind Caleb. Caleb let out a threatening growl towards Lucille as she stood over me.

Lucille looked at Caleb before looking back at Maroon, she chuckled, “I see he missed his slut.” She then looked back at Caleb. “You can have her. Make sure she doesn’t return.” Lucille hissed, glaring down at me. 

Maroon’s heart was hammering as she looked between the two. Caleb looked furious, his chest rising quickly, his eyes going black. Lucille actually looked scared as she noticed his eyes turn black. 

Noticing her mother was backing away, Maroon got up and crawled quickly to where Olive was still unconscious, lying on the ground, not moving. 

Maroon kneeled over her sister, “Olive? Olive.” She shook her sister’s shoulder, but Olive didn’t move. Maroon could feel her body get colder and colder as she stared down at her not moving sister.

“Olive? Wake up! Olive!” Maroon cried, shaking her sister before placing two fingers on her sisters throat. She couldn’t feel any pulse. Maroon grabbed her sister’s hand, shaking it, before letting go and watching as it dropped to the ground. 

“No.” Maroon whispered, her voice trembling. “Olive. No!” Maroon cried, her voice rising as she held her sister, tears falling from her eyes. Silent sobs escaped her throat as she rocked her dead sister in her arms.

“Olive! No!” Maroon screamed, sobbing heavily. Her heart ached as she felt it physically break into pieces. She had failed. She had killed her baby sister. 

“Serves your right for coming back. This is all your fault.” Lucille spat at her daughter. Maroon lifted her head from her sister’s chest and glared, her emotions running wild with rage. Maroon heard Caleb growl again, along with Kyle’s as they both moved forward. Another guy appeared along side Kyle as they entered. He moved towards Lucille, who shouted for him to stay back. Lucille screamed and shouted as the guy grabbed her and pressed on her neck a certain way and she crumbled into his arms. 

Caleb walked forward towards Maroon, kneeling next to her. He moved to touch her shoulder.

“Don’t touch me.” Maroon threatened quietly, not looking at Caleb. 

“Maroon,” Caleb begun, but Maroon got up and pushed him away. He didn’t seem effected by it, but did move back. Caleb didn’t say anything as Maroon broke herself, tears falling from her eyes, sobs escaping her loudly now as she hugged her sister’s body tight, screaming in heart break. 

Vote if you enjoyed it! 

Which I hope you did. It's not edited, but had lots of action and sadness. Poor Maroon. :(

Question: Do you think it was Maroon's fault? What do you think Lucille (Maroon's Mother) deserves as punishment? Death or forever imprisonment?

 On the good note, Happy Birthday to my older Brother, Peter!

Picture of Olive on Right.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

223K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...
1.7M 35.8K 35
Now 17,Cute and quirky Hazel has been looking for her mate for just over a year and has realised he's obviously not in her home city NewYork. In orde...
243K 4.7K 26
'My boyfriends big brother is MY MATE and our Alpha'. Olivia and Sterling have promised to reject their mates for one another. They don't believe the...
2.1K 67 34
Emelina is a thief. Barrett is an Alpha. When Emelina breaks into Deep Haven and steals from the Alpha family, she expected a chase. She loved the ch...