Dating The Dark Knight

נכתב על ידי TheDarkKnight123

Moving to Gotham City was already stressful enough for Aphrodite Johnson; the addition of having to juggle he... עוד

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 [MISSING DAYS]
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 5

2.1K 48 16
נכתב על ידי TheDarkKnight123

APHRODITE'S VIEW

Derick came to pick me up once it was time and he drove to the restaurant. Simply put, it was very nice. Unfortunately, I couldn't really concentrate, I was still recovering from my nightmare. But I still managed to listen to him talk  about his life. His last name was Williams.He'd graduated from Gotham University at the top of his class, he'd recieved a job at Luminix faster than he'd expected, with a huge pay check. I wouldn't disclose the amount. He was 26. And Batman had saved his life and his family's.

That part grabbed my attention. He described it in complete awe. A fire had engulfed his home, the police department were still chasing Harvey Dent/Two face while the fire department was putting out the fire at two children's hospital, The Joker's work. He had come to his rescue. The house was about to collapse on them and they were choking. He appeared to have walked through the flames, exploded a nearby wall and rushed them all out. 

"How'd he look?" I asked curiously as I twirled my pasta. He look a sip of his wine before continuing.

"Big, sharp pointy ears, creepy eyes, demonic cape. He scared us. I didn't think he was real, you know. He worked fast and efficiently....got us out and spoke through some communicator in his cowl. An ambulance got to us in a minute."

"Wow. That's amazing." I said and smiled. "And really? Demonic cape?" I laughed.

"I swear to you it was, well to me it was. He had spikes on his arms and the cape was all creepy looking, kinda like tree roots." He said then laughed. "I wonder how much all his stuff cost. His armor alone must cost a fortune. He was cool though, but he didn't seem like the kind of guy who'd wait for you to thank him."

We talked about Batman for a few more minutes before he asked about my life.I told him about how life was in Metropolis, Superman, my college and so on. He was equally curious about my life and Superman. Towards the end, the awkward part came. He asked me out. I told him I wasn't interested in a relationship, not even with Bruce Wayne. He wasn't happy about it but he seemed determined to change my mind. I paid for our lunch when he wasn't looking. I intentionally took his credit card off the table while he was speaking. My way of saying thank you. 

I gave it back after he'd been searching for it. He seemed shocked, even upset and embarrassed, that I picked up the tab, but thanked me anyway. We headed back to work, quick and while there, I met four of Derick's friends. Melanie, Keith, Laura and Brad. They were married couples, Laura and Brad, Keith and Melanie. Too many good looking people in one building, it was like it could explode from pure attractiveness.

They were nice and welcoming, except Brad who stared at me a little too much. I was quite uncomfortable with it and Laura was too engrossed with my story to notice. Laura and Brad were both blonde. Melanie was mixed and Keith was full African-american, like Derick. Laura and Melanie asked about my hair and if I dyed it. I told them it was natural, which was true. In other words, I had a pretty decent day at work. I headed home after early and tried to get some rest....

The rest of the week went normal, nothing serious, only one attack occurred. Then Friday arrived. Bruce Wayne's butler, Alfred, arrived to pick me up. It was no surprise he knew where I lived. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

BRUCE WAYNE.

Another dead person had turned up. A skull and ashes....like last time. I had been analyzing the remains again, hoping something new might turn up. Nothing did. This case would not go cold on my watch.I had asked Alfred to pick up Aphrodite. I had to clean up and remove the scent of Penguin's explosives. I was ready now and the door opened just in time.

"Ms Johnson is here, Master Bruce." He called. Aphrodite stepped in wearing a shimmering long, black gown, looking beautiful as ever. Her hair was tied up neatly and she seemed to glow this evening. I met her eyes and they weren't happy. They were more troubled than before and though I didn't know her that well yet, it bothered me.

"Goodevening, Aphrodite. You look wonderful." I told her.

"Thanks, Bruce. You do too." She replied and smiled warmly. She pulled out a chair for herself, and I was a bit taken back. Normally, the women always let me do that. I sat down perpendicular to her and watched her expression. She wasn't present. Her mind had drifted off. I called her name twice and she didn't hear me but the third time she did.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Knowing her chraracter so far, she wouldn't tell.

"Sorry, I was thinking up ideas for my next project." She said and smiled apologetically. It wasn't a lie but that wasn't neccessarily the truth. Suddenly Alfred walked briskly to me, whispering an urgent call. Batman was needed. Poison Ivy was attacking. I took one look at Aphrodite and found out she was on the phone.

"I'm sorry, Bruce. I'm needed back at the studio, Rick says its urgent." She said quickly. I let out a sigh of relief. 

"Not a problem. Can we re-schedule dinner?" I asked and she nodded. She shook my hands quickly and ran out the door, Alfred following to take her back.

"Thank you so much, Alfred." I heard her say.

"You are very welcome, Ms Johnson." He replied. I walked out of dinning room and headed straight for the cave. It was time to use the toxins I prepared months ago, incase of Ivy's attacks. I quickly stabbed my arm to inject the antibodies that would fight the venom in Ivy's plants. And used something different Nightwing [Dick Grayson. The first Robin, now currently Nightwing] had come up with, I was very sure it would work.

BATMAN'S VIEW

I drove fast-using rocket fuel to boost the car-towards Gotham University's botanical garden, where Ivy was currently located. Ahead, I noticed her vines had begun to crawl all over the city. If I didn't get there in time, the city wouldn't sustain the amount of damage done.I arrived at the garden in about 20seconds. 

"Conceal." I commanded. The car immediately put up a camoflage sheild. I raced into the building, throwing pellets of the toxin at the vines around. Like I predicted, they shriveled up and died. It was too easy, she was planning something bigger inside, this was only a distraction. I threw an explosive at the vines blocking the entrance and crashed through the windows. 

"I know you're here, Batman." Ivy said, her voice echoing around the many entrances to the garden.

I had to be extremely careful. Her pheromones must not affect me, else I'd be in her control.Three doors led to the garden, two were blocked off but one was open, with a vines motioning for me to follow. Naturally, the other doors weren't going to provide any information, the third door was where she was and where he traps lied. I threw on my breathing mask and followed it. 

"Gotham will pay for hurting my babies." She laughed again. Pamela Lilian Isley. Former human botanist, current plant-human hybrid and eco-terrorist. Ivy only has one goal, to allow plants live in peace. She will kill millions and seduce many more to achieve her goals. Bruce Wayne once fell under her control. Her "babies" were her plants.

As soon as I walked through the door, her vines wrapped themselves around me, tightened themselves with each struggle. She was going to cause giant vines to sprout from the ground and wreck the entire city.....then release deadly spores that would kill in seconds. The spores were located all around the vines, preparing for her command.....

I moved the spikes on the sides of my gloves up and down till I cut through them. A giant plant pod stood in the middle. It fell open neatly, revealing Ivy. The red-haired villainess walked out, her light green skin covered with small plant veins and her lips red with venomous lipstick. I had three toxin bombs left, as I took one step, a pod erupted from the ground. It swallowed my entire body, leaving only my head, it then began to secrete a sticky liquid.

"I hate to have to kill you, Batman. You would have been a very helpful ally." She said and walked up to me, pheromones dancing in the air around her. She removed my breathing mask and smiled.

"Come on, Batman. We won't hurt you." She whispered against my lips. Her timing was perfect and so was her proximity. I kissed her quickly. Shock played on her face before she leaned into me. I only needed a few more seconds. She realized what was happenening and tried to pull away. [IVY AND BATSY OR RATHER BRUCE HAD A RELATIONSHIP WHEN SHE WAS CURED/FULLY HUMAN. I BORROWED THE IDEA OF THE KISS FROM THAT COMIC.]

"What....have you done!?" She shouted. The pods and vines began to shrivel up as Ivy weakened. The pod around me fell and I got out. I dispersed the remaining bombs and ended her work.

"No!" She shouted. She was so weak, she fell to the floor. "How?" She asked.

"That's not for you to know, Ivy." I told her. In a few seconds, she was unconcious. The police had arrived, they had to fight their way through all the remaining shrivelling vines. I had to get her to Arkham. I grapelled out and headed for my car. The drive to Arkham passed in a blur. The warden and staff had taken her in an re-inforced her cell. They had also made sure none of the staff got too close to her because she had seduced her way out many times.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

I headed back to the University to collect samples of the type of plants she used. They were always different each time. Nightwing's idea to make a non-toxic but paralyzing gel was effective, even though I objected to applying it on the lips.The police were gone, they had to organize the clean up. I walked around till I found a vine that was still pulsing with life. It would die in minutes but I only needed seconds. I pulled out a tube from my utility belt and collected the samples I needed.That was when I heard a piercing scream. 

I stood and headed towards the direction of the screaming woman. The scream came from outside. Once I got out, I noticed Aphrodite's car was parked roughly and the driver door was left ajar.I followed her screams out to the back of the gardens, where the auditorium was located. I turned around the corner and saw sparks flying around. I stopped to see Aphrodite, screaming and clutching her head desperately. Sparks danced wildly around her body, loosening her hair and holding it up.Smoke began to flow from her palms. In a few seconds, it all stopped. She was left shaking, sweating wildly and breathing heavily.I was shocked. It was her. It had to be. The ashes, the smoke, the sparks...it all added up. She had powers, ones that seemed out of her control.

"Another death, Master Bruce." Alfred told me seconds later,through the communicator in my cowl. I approached her gently. She was still gasping for breath.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She didn't answer, she was still in shock. There was current around her and I wasn't sure how high the current was. I attempted to lift her up but as soon as I touched her, I was sent flying into a tree. The current around her was too strong. She looked up and immediately, she saw me; she gasped then scrambled up and began to run. My armor prevented the damage the tree could have inflicted on my skull.I cracked my neck then turned and chased after her....

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

APHRODITE'S VIEW

 I just brought more trouble upon myself. He was chasing me and I was still running. I ran faster than I thought possible. My breathing was rapid as I raced through the dimly-lited bushes, searching for my car.I found my car, and I remembered what happened. Rick had called because a new project from Metropolis. Lex Luthor wanted a portrait. I told Rick I wasn't going to paint it. He didn't force me to because he wasn't a fan of Mr Luthor. He claimed we were all too busy to complete his piece.

On my way back home, something that looked like a giant vine knocked my car off the road. I swirved off the road but still managed to maintain control. I had hit my head on the steering during the accident and it distorted my vision. I ran out, not entirely sure where I was, and it happened again.

I looked behind me, and I didn't hear any sounds or see any signs of being followed. I realised I was on the main road. It was cleared, no one in sight. Except two children, running and giggling and playing with bubbles. I stood there, in the middle of the road, watching them play. So alike, so young, and so very full of life.

All of a sudden, something sprouts up beneath my feet. I stumbled back and looked up. A man, about 7ft tall stood there. His eyes were yellow and his skin was blue with red veins harshly popping out. He had a black mohawk. He was heavily built, with a thick beard.

He definately wasn't human. Instinctively, I began to run.

"Come with me, goddess. He has sent for you." His deep voice boomed. He? Who? I stopped and turned. This was my first clue to whoever was tormenting me.

"Who?" I asked, trying not to show fear. I was shaking. You'd think after seeing all the weird creatures Superman fought, I'd have gotten used to things like this..

"I can not disclose the master's name, goddess. Come with me and find out for yourself." He said.

"Tell me or I won't." I said firmly.

"Very well then." He said. In the blink of an eye, he had the two children, who had hidden themselves behind trashcans when he appeared. In his hands, a huge and heavily decorated sword. He held it to their necks and cut slightly. Blood dripped from their necks as they screamed and cried.

"Stop! Leave them!" I shouted and stepped forward. He stopped me with one hand, and shook his head.

"Give your word that you will come with me." He said, tightening his grip on them.

"Bethany!"

"Ben!" The kids screamed and reached for each others hands. Tears welled up in my eyes as he pressed the sword against their necks again.

"Drop them and I'll go!"

"Do not think I am foolish, goddess. You are going to attempt to escape with them." He laughed and drew back his hand to finish the children. Anger exploded in me and I felt my fingers and entire body tingle wildly. Before any of us saw it coming, I held out my hands in his direction and I saw it. A stream of something that looked like purple-ish lightning and electricity flowed out and went straight for the man. He shouted as I tried to stop the attack and quickly found out I couldn't. Ironically, I was powerless to prevent the end result. The energy just kept pouring out from me and after he'd thrown down the children and his blade, he began to scramble desperately in an attempt to crawl to safety.

He didn't make it.

In a few seconds, a fractured skull and a huge pile of ashes remained in his place. I stood there in complete shock. The children were silent as well. But after a few minutes of silence, they ran up to me and hugged me. Unfortunately, I wasn't celebrating. I was too stunned and jolted to move. 

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, miss! You rock!" They laughed and cheered as they also hugged themselves. 

"Amazing! Gotham, this is Vicki Vale. And just after Batman put a stop to Poison Ivy's plan, we have uncovered something new! We are just as shocked as you are. We just witnessed our new artist, Aphrodite Johnson, protect two children with what seemed to be a supernatural ability-" A woman was saying.I slowly turned around to see news reporters, lights, so many lights....and people, people who had come out from their hiding places when I'd lost control.How the hell did they get here that fast? They were all clapping and cheering. My hair blew wildly in the wind as I stared at my hands. Another grey patch had arrived. 

I saved those children.....The anger was aroused because they were kids and also because they were twins who didn't deserve to be seperated or face untimely demise. My vision blurred as I tried to understand what was going on around me.What had I done!? How had I done it?!

BATMAN/BRUCE WAYNE'S VIEW 

I was on the rooftop of the grocery store opposite the University. I watched the entire event unfold.

She'd saved the children but killed the unknown creature and left the same evidence that had been turning up for weeks. She looked blank, as though she couldn't comprehend what was going on around her. Soon enough, her knees gave out and she passed out. The cheering died down immediately as the crowd moved in to check on her. That was when I moved. I threw down smoke bombs to disorientate the crowd while I glided down and lifted Aphrodite away from the scene. The smoke was thick but harmless. It would take about 7mins to completely clear. And that was more than enough time to get her out.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"Alfred, I'll be bringing Aphrodite this evening." I spoke as I drove.

"Very well,sir. I'll prepare a room for her." He replied.

"Thanks." 

I switched the car to auto-pilot and turned to Aphrodite. She was still unconscious. Her dress was badly torn and small bloody cuts covered her arms.The creature that appeared to her would have provided the information we needed, but it was gone. Destroyed beyond repair by Aphrodite.Her abilities weren't like anything I'd seen before. Quintessence. I never thought it existed. The fifth element, and the highest essence after earth, fire, water and air. It is thought to be the substance of the heavenly bodies and latent in all things. A pure, highly concentrated essence of a thing.

One of the most destructive forces in the universe. And she possessed it without knowing but someone else knew of it, thus the creature. We arrived at the cave in less than a minute and once I parked the car, I lifted her out of the car and headed for the medical center. She needed to be in good condition for the interrogation that awaited her.

————————————————————————————————

-TheDarkKnight123

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

703K 11.3K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
500K 14.4K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
331K 10.9K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
129K 3.6K 54
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...