Venatrix- Brett Talbot Love S...

Autorstwa queenrihbih

Brett looked at me with heartbroken eyes. "Bret-" "No, I thought we didn't keep secrets from each other. I th... Więcej

Before I begin
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
The End
New Book
New Book

Chapter Five

9.2K 176 99
Autorstwa queenrihbih

"I'm just going to wait here" I assured Scott, sitting in the benches outside of the school.

"Are you sure? Can you wait that long?"

"Yea, now go and ace your test," I pushed him towards the door.

"I will but I won't be surprised if you get bored and leave. If you do leave at least send me a message or something," He yelled before I closed the door at him and sat on one of the benches outside.

It was a warm day so I opted for a white crop top with a body chain underneath, ripped denim shorts and of course my boots with daggers shoved into them.

After yesterday I could barely sleep, and since I'm a sophomore I decided not to take the test now with the state that I'm in.

I was literally a mess, and I didn't want the examiners to tell my how bad I scored to make me feel even worse.

I didn't tell Scott or anyone why I had changed my mind or that I was going to potentially die. I told Lydia to keep it a secret after some very hard convincing.

Scott did ask what name broke the cipher key, but Lydia just said, and I quote,

"I forgot"

Scott looked like he didn't believe her, I wouldn't blame him, but didn't ask other wise. Even if I did tell him, he can't stop what Banshees predict so I guess I have a few weeks left on me.

I frowned as that thought came into my head. A few weeks left on me. I'm only 17, I wanted to go to college and with the credit I have I can basically get into any college I wanted to.

I wanted to get married, have kids and travel the world, meet new people, eat new things. These milestones are just being ripped out away from me.

Just like Allison

If I did die, I want it to be because I was saving my friends. That's the only way I'll go down. No assassin is going to get $50 million out of me.

I was staring at the ground when I heard footsteps near me. Assuming it was another student, I kept my head down as I stared at the grass in front of me.

The person with the footsteps stopped in front of me as I was now faced with the view of his shoes.

I looked up to see who was in front of me and smiled when I saw a bunch of roses, and a very tall man behind it.

"And what might be the special occasion kind sir?" I asked in a posh voice.

"For saving my life ma'am," Brett replied, moving the flowers to the side to reveal his smiling happy self.

He gave me the flowers, before plopping himself down to sit next to me.

"I also got you this," Brett whispered while trying to find something in his jacket. He muttered a 'there it is' before pulling it out. It was a bracelet that had the words 'To my Saviour, From Brett x' engraved on it.

"Don't you think that's a bit of a splurge for a girl who you barely know?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I know enough," He replied, using my words against me. I laughed and shook my head at him.

He then got up and went on his knees. "Oh my god, this is not happening, yes! Yes! Wait no! I don't think I'm ready to take this massive step in our relationship!" I sarcastically gasped while putting my hand on my mouth.

"May I?" He asked, smiling at me and shaking his head in amusement.

"You may." He grabbed my hand and placed the bracelet on it. I smiled at him as he got up and dusted his pants.

He then looked at my arms and his forehead creased in regret. "I did this? Sh*t I can't believe I hurt you!"

I looked at the imprinted nails on my arms and shook my head. "It's nothing Brett I promise."

He shook his head and whispered to himself, "way to go Brett, hurt the girl that saved your āss."

I punched him in the arm hard earning a painful groan from him. "What was that for?" He asked.

"See? Now we're even!" I smiled at him.  He smiled before chuckling to himself, "you sure are something."

He then jumped, as almost as he nearly forgot something, "I also uh- um, want-t to take you out-t, not like out but like if you want ice cream we can go grab ice cream you look like you're hot so we can get ice cream, oh god not like hot as in hot but like hot as in the weather, Shît! Not that you're ugly you are-"

"Yea I can go for a cookies and cream right now," I said, looking at him. He begun to smile nervously, a hand behind his neck.

"So? Do you have a car because I didn't bring my car with me today," I laughed at him.

"Oh shît! Yea right over there," He chuckled nervously. I smiled to myself, loving how nervous he was of me. Reminds me of when Aiden used to get nervous around me.

*Flashback*

"Hey Ethan!" I waved at him as I sat down next to him. He waved at me back and smiled.

"How was getting around the school?" I asked him.

"Eh, got used to it," He shrugged like it was no big deal.

I looked at the hotter, straighter brother, who had his head down. "And you?"

"It-t was alright like, yea-a I found my way-y around so that was f-fine but yea," he stuttered out.

I laughed as I saw how nervous he was. "You don't have to be nervous. Look I have to go now but it was nice meeting you's. I'll see you guys around?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

Ethan elbowed Aiden, "What? Oh yea yea see you around"

*Flashback over*

"So are you cool with riding this or not?" Asked Brett. I looked at his vehicle and laughed.

"I've rode a motorbike many of times Brett, I think I can handle it," I replied smirking while getting in the back of it and throwing him a helmet.

He chuckled to himself while getting in the ride himself.

"Hold on tight."

I put my arms around his waist, ignoring the feeling of his rock hard body. This guy seriously had it all.

I started laughing at the wind blowing into my face and yelled at Brett to go faster. He laughed as a twisted the accelerator and the motorbike begun to roar.

We begun riding around the hills, around every part of beacon, forgetting that we were on a dead pool.

Forgetting that my name broke the last part of the dead pool

________

We sat on silently on the bridge as we ate our ice cream. The sunset was going down, there was plenty of birds chirping, and the creek silently splashed against the rocks.

This moment right here was perfect. The sky was a gorgeous orange/purple colour, no signs of clouds. The breeze was cool against my skin in this blazing heat. Everything was fine.

Brett put his cup of ice cream to the side, rubbing his head and then looking at me, "I know that no amount of presents and fast motorbike rides around beacons will ever makeup for how you saved me, but really I do appreciate it."

I put my ice cream to the side and looked at him gratefully, "Trust me Brett, what you did today was good enough. You took my mind off of things and I really appreciate you for that."

"I know I bought you a bracelet, but nothing will ever beat how cool the one on your neck is, seriously, it full has a werewolf detecting device in it," He laughed. "What's in it?"

I took my necklace out and opened it. There stood Aiden and I, with Allison in the back.

"Is that your sister?" Brett asked, pointing at Allison in the back.

"Yea," I sighed.

"Who's that?," He asked, pointing at Aiden.

"My boy- I mean my Ex boyfriend," I mumbled, sadness beggining to drown my thoughts once again.

Brett grabbed my hands and then looked at me in the eyes. "How'd it happen?"

"It happened last semester, I was angry at Aiden, he wasn't exactly the nicest of guys. So him being him wanted to help me. I was fighting this thing called an Oni and ran out of arrows. He grabbed the last arrow and was killed while stabbing the Oni," I looked at Brett and laughed bitterly, "It's funny because I heard Lydia scream Allison's name and as much as I tried to convince myself that Allison was okay, reality told me banshees only scream when someone dies."

Brett hugged me and rubbed my back. This small gesture had my whole body on fire but at the same time it was also rather calming.

"You know the day I lost my family to a fire, I vowed to never let my sister get hurt. And now with the dead pool, t-that little teenage girl she took me down and I thought to myself, next time there won't be teenage girl, what if next time a grown man came and tried to kill her?"

"It's scary isn't it?" I asked with a half smile.

"Yea, yea it is. We're teenagers we shouldn't be thinking of ways to survive. We should be thinking of what to wear to a party," He laughed sarcastically.

Silence overcame us once again as we both looked at each others eyes. He's eyes were so hypnotising, so green and captivating that I felt myself leaning in but stopped myself, shaking my head.

"I can't," I whispered, looking away from him. I can't lead him on. I can't make him think this is going anywhere when in reality I'm going to die soon.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have tried anything" Brett muttered, before getting up. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion before getting up.

I was about to say something but my phone begun to ring. I looked at Brett apologetically and answered my phone.

"Scott?"

"Kendall? Oh Thank god your safe!" Scott replied sounding very relieved.

"Scott what are you talking about?" I asked, worried.

"Just come to Deaton's, I have a plan on how to figure out the benefactor is," He told me.

"Okay, I'm on my way." I hung up my phone and looked at Brett, about to say something before he stopped me.

"I heard," He said quietly, taking me to his bike.

We drove to Deaton's in silent, my head leaning on his shoulder. As we finally arrived, I hopped off and looked at him.

He looked at me waiting for what I was about to say.

"Thank you for everything," I whispered looking at anywhere but him.

"No worries," he replied curtly, before walking towards his bike. Before he got on it, I ran behind him hugged him, kissing him on the cheek.

"Thank you," I whispered once again. His tense body begun to relax and he sighed and turned to look at me. 

He placed his chin above my head and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. "I owe you everything, and I'm willing to give you everything," He whispered closely near my ear.

"I know," I whispered back. He slowly let go and begun to walk backwards to his motorbike waving.

He got on it and smiled at me before pulling his helmet on and driving off. I smiled at him in the distance.

How can someone you met a week ago have this massive effect on you?

__________

"No Scott this is crazy, beyond stupid," I begun to shake my head.

"It doesn't even matter Kendall, you're going to be taking care of Brett's pack," Stiles replied.

"So you're okay with your best friend pretending to die?" I asked Stiles, arms flying everywhere.

"Um, are you okay with your boyfriend's pack dying?" Stiles replied sassily while pointing at my bracelet. I quickly grabbed my wrist, making it invisible to everyone.

"Look, I'm going to be okay alright? You just need to stay at Brett's tomorrow to protect them from any assassins and we'll be fine," Scott told me.

I squinted my eyes at him the rolled my eyes, "Fine, fine! Whatever pleases you Alpha."

I walked out of the living room, and into the room Scott's mum ever so nicely let me stay in.

Lydia came in after me and shut the door, "Kendall it's been eating me up, you need to tell Scott!"

"It's not that easy," I groaned frustratedly, while leaning back on my bed. She sat next to me and sighed.

"You're in danger Kendall"

"Banshees don't predict danger, they predict death"

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

171K 3.2K 61
「 riven x f!oc 」 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, faye silva starts her first year at alfea college training to be a specialist. she finds herself becoming close w...
39K 681 12
"Something beautiful amongst the chaos." Skyler McCree. The easy going girl of West Ham that everyone seemed to know. However in a small town like th...
1.1M 49.5K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...