We Remain- An avengers fan fi...

Oleh thejeditribute

Christy has not seen the Avengers in over a year. After learning that her father is alive and that her whole... Lebih Banyak

We Remain- An avengers fan fiction//FAN ART Q&A
Chapter 1-Disbanded
Chapter 2-Typical Tony
Chapter 3-Don't wear PJs in the kitchen.
Chapter 5-My Week is Ruined by a Kiss.
Chapter 6-To Catch a Spider-Man
Chapter 7-I am shocked.
Chapter 8-Learning to live.
Chapter 9-I hit a wall.
Chapter 10-The Wrong Villain.
Chapter 11-The Master Plan.
Chater-12-I get Caught
Chapter 13-Is it Just me?
Chapter 14-High Voice, Act Natural.
Chapter 15-Trust and Pizza.
Chapter 16-A High Advantage
Chapter 17-My Oscar Worthy Performance.
Chapter 18-We Remain.
Epilogue: Chapter 1 of "Stand Together."

Chapter 4-Love and War.

3.4K 124 46
Oleh thejeditribute

A/N: so y'all know I post on Tuesday and Saturdays......but it's New Years! So why not!

Enjoy!

-A

********************

Chapter 4-Love and War.

Clint, Natasha, and FitzSimmons immediately became friends. After an hour (still no sign of Fury, or dad for that matter,) of Tony and I explaining what's gone on during the past year, we all sat down to hear Clint and Nat's side of the story.

Clint and Nat don't look to different. I mean, Clint has a beard, (not a long one. It's more like scruff.) And Natasha's red curly hair is past her shoulders now.

"Obviously they didn't tell us we were in Iceland, we figured that out on our own. We were allowed out into a small town, whose name I still can't pronounce, twice a week," Clint says.

"You were let outside?" I ask, "I didn't see the sun for a whole year!"

"What? Fury is going to hear from me, Christy. We trained a ton, since besides going to the movies, it was all we could do," Nat says.

"You went to the movies?" I yell.

"And ice skating," Clint says.

"I've Skat.....man why couldn't I go to Iceland with you?" I ask.

"Yesterday Fury alerted us that we were needed at Stark Towers. Hill came to Iceland and brought us back into the States. She didn't tell us you would be here," Nat says.

Hill brought them, I wondered where she went. Actually where is dad?

"You didn't miss me?" Tony asks.

"Who would miss you, Stark?" Clint asks.

"Anyway, for the past twenty-four hours we have been flying, driving, and scuba-diving our way here," Nat says.

"You went scuba-diving?" Simmons asks.

"No, that was a joke," Natasha and Clint laugh.

Wait a second, Clint and Natasha laughing. At the same time? Loudly? In front of people? Something is seriously fishy here. Maybe that's just me? I really should take a shower or something.

"-Y, Christy? Christy?" Tony says, "are you okay?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah. What's up?" I ask.

"Don't worry about her, Stark, she has a tendency to zone out," Clint says.

"I do n.....yeah I do. Sorry, Tony," I say.

"So if Fury split your guys up, why is he bringing you back together?" Agent Ward asks.

"Because of him," says Fury.

Huh I didn't even see Fury walk in. Wait who is 'him?'

Tony's TV automatically turns on, showing us a picture of S.H.I.E.L.D's third most want criminal.

Electro.

Wait Electro? I thought that was.....

"This is Electro. Super-villian. Power, electricity. He can fry you like a bug," Fury says.

"So he's like Christy?" Skye asks.

"No, Christy can't shoot pure energy out of her fingers," Emma says to Sky.

Skye and Emma are best friends now, it's a wonder they still talk to me.

"I can absorb it," I say.

"You can?" Clint asks.

"I'm full of surprises," I mutter.

"We think that Electro targeted Stark Towers," Fury says.

"The problem, Fury, is that you think. And isn't Electro Spider-Man's villan?" I ask.

"Yes, yes it is. That why he brought me," a voice says.

I look around the room.

"I'm up here, girly," the voice says again.

I look up, at the ceiling. Right above me in red and blue, attached to the wall is none other than.....

"Crew, meet Peter Parker. Also known as Spider-Man," Fury says.

Spider-man drops to the ground,
"Fury! You promised not to tell everyone my identity!"

I cross my arms,
"Amateur," I say.

Spider-man rips off his mask and walks over to where I stand,
"Amateur? Seriously? I have been patrolling and saving the streets of New York for half a year," he says.

"Peter, Peter, Peter, I can make you burst into flames, and I've been doing it for over fifteen years. Point Christy," I say.

Obviously I haven't made people burst into flames for fifteen years, but Peter's expression is priceless.

Peter holds out a hand,
"Pleased to meet you, Christy...."

"Coulson. Christy Coulson," I say reaching to shake his hand.

His hand automatically drops,
"Coulson has a daughter?" Peter says.

I look at Clint and Nat,
"Same reaction every time."

Peter runs a hand through his tousled brown hair,
"This doesn't make any....since when does Coulson have a daughter, a pretty one at that, and not tell me about it!"

"It's a long story," I say.

"And Christy's spoken for," Tony says.

"Really? I could use a little competition," Peter says.

My cheeks turn pink.

"See I've known you for five minutes and I have successfully made you blush," Peter laughs.

"I'm twenty years old," I say.

"I'm seventeen," Peter says, "although you look like your sixteen."

It's true. I do look like I'm sixteen, just one of the perks of being tortured.

"Who is the lucky fella?" Peter asks.

What makes this already awkward situation is that I'm still in my unicorn PJs.

Fantabulous.

"Steve Rodgers," Natasha says.

"Who?" asks Peter.

"Captain America, genius," Tony smirks.

"Captain America? The fro-yo soldier?" Peter asks, "Isn't he a little...old for you?"

"He is twenty-two, Parker!" I say in defense.

"Right. I'll get back to you on that," Peter says.

"We don't have time for this, Parker," Fury says.

"Oh yeah, Electro," Peter says plopping himself on the couch.

"As I was saying, we think Electro is targeting major corporations in order to get what he wants," Fury says.

"And he wants?" Agent May asks.

"If we knew obviously we would tell you," Peter says.

"I'm not so sure about that," I mutter under my breath.

"Christy, your killing me with the PJs," Emma says, "Come on," she says grabbing my arm and pulling me to the elevator.

"But I...." I struggle.

"No buts missy!" She says, "Jarvis, please take us to Christy's room."

"With pleasure Miss Yard," Jarvis replies.

After hoping out of the elevator Emma pushes me into my room.

"Don't come out until you have had a shower, brushed your hair, and made your bed," she says.

"My bed was made by.....actually I'm not sure who made my bed," I say a bit confused.

"Well I want you cleaner than piece of glass," Emma says.

"Actually....."

"Bye!" She says closing the door.

That was.....weird. If not weird, strange. Emma doesn't normally act like that.

Is it just me, or.....I haven't seen dad all day long.

But I do as Emma says because, I know if I go downstairs without taking a shower, Emma will just kick me back up here.

After the shower I put on a new pair of jeans, a pink tank top, and a gold sequined, long sleeved cardigan. I fix my long, blonde hair, straight, placing a white headband on top. After slipping on some white flats I takes the stairs to the living room.

I stop behind the living room wall when I hear someone speak.

"It's not her fault, Fury," I hear Tony say.

Who?

"Agent Coulson's powers are more dangerous then she knows," I hear Fury reply.

"Just look at Elecctro!" Peter Parker says, "He gained his power the same way Christy did. If her electricity powers get out of control...."

"What are you gonna do? Try and lock her up? Because that's never going to work," Emma says.

No.

"We're not going to lock an Agent up just because of some freak disaster," I think Agent Ward says.

"We can't just let her out in the world!" The unmistakable Scottish voice says.

"Fitz, she's a good girl, don't talk about Christy that way," Simmons says.

"Look Fury, what are you trying to say?" May asks.

"We have to keep her confined," Fury says.

"Electro is looking for Christy," Peter says.

"Why?" Tony's sharp voice says.

"If Electro finds Christy he will try and manipulate her against us. He wants her on his side," my dad says?

Wait when did Phil Coulson return? Tears begin to stream down my face.

"So he wants Christy for team evil?" Agent Skye asks.

"Yes. We need to protect her," Peter says.

"Is that why you were hitting on Christy?" Clint asks.

"Yes," Peter replies, "I'm only trying to keep her safe."

"There's only one person who can control Christy, Fury, you know that," Tony says.

"And who might that be?" Natasha asks Tony.

"It doesn't matter. What is most important now is to keep Christy away from civilians and safe from....." Fury says.

This has gone on long enough. I wipe a tear away and go around the wall that blocks my team from me.

"Keep me away from what, Fury?" I ask harshly.

"Christy, now listen...."

"Because I'm a freak?" I ask.

Quickly I glance at the TV. My picture and most of my information is showing on the screen. Under my picture the words "Potential Threat" sit, waiting for conformation.

"Because I'm a threat," I say.

It's to late to stop crying now.

"Christy, your not a....." Clint starts.

"You weren't here to stop Electro. Your here to make sure I don't join with him! You think if he 'captures' me, that I'll turn against you all!" I scream.

Natasha stands and begins to walk towards me. Suddenly, a barstool flings itself at Nat. If it were not for Peter being Spider-Man and webbing the chair before impact, Natasha might be wounded.

Because of me.

"How did that happen?" Simmons asks.

"Christy can move gravity with her mind," Tony says.

"Sweet," Skye says.

Agent Ward darts at me. In defense I throw my hands up. Once again, my mind manipulates gravity and Agent Grant Ward is thrown to the ground.

I glance up. I did that. Not on purpose, I was just defending myself.

"Don't try to attack," says Fury pointing a gun at me.

"I am a freak," I say before darting to the stairs.

Thanks to adrenaline, I literally run down twenty-five flights of stairs without getting tired. Half the time my eyes were closed. Who would have known?

"Ma'am are you alright?" The blonde receptionist asks as I run through the lobby.

"Christy, stop!" Pepper as I pass her.

But I don't stop. I will not stop. Not for anyone. Surprisingly no one else follows as I try to get as far away from Stark Towers as I possibly can.

I don't know how, but I end up in Central Park. Since its December, snow falls lightly on the already powdered ground. I should have worn a heavier jacket because the adrenaline that made me warm just seconds ago, now disappears and I'm covered in the frigid wind.

Worn and hurt, I sit on a park bench. A strangers, decked out in ski clothing sits next to me. Seriously he has the mask and everything, except the skis of course.

"Pardon me my good lady but I couldn't help but notice you seem a but downcast?" His voice is soft, and sounds a bit old.

"Just a bit," I say.

"Male troubles?" He asks.

I laugh,
"Not today. More like......job troubles," I say.

"Oh I know all about bad jobs and bosses. If you want to talk about it, I'm all ears," the stranger says.

I don't know why, but I suddenly want to tell this man all of my troubles. Choosing my words carefully I continue.

"My boss, thinks I'm a horrible worker. He thinks I'm a....freak," I say.

"And why does he say this?" He asks.

"I don't know.....when I....tried to call his clients together, he said I was a potential threat to the system. I don't even know why," I say.

"Yes, the job world can be a harsh one. I know, trust me. One minute you are their favorite person in the world and the moment you say or do something wrong, like fail a mission, they hate your guts," the mysterious man says.

Fail a mission?

"Yeah, like that," I say.

"Employers like Nick Fury are harsh and brutal, always wanting to lock you up or kill you. They never see your true potential," the man says.

Abruptly I stand,
"How did you know Nick Fury was my employer?" I ask.

The man leans back on the bench,
"I know everything about you, Christy."

I start to back up when I see it.

A spark under the man's ski goggles.

There are only two people on planet earth with that ability.

Me and....

"Electro," I say.

Electricity encases Electro until his ski get-up is gone and his whole body is encased is pure energy. What? Electro is pure energy-don't judge.

"Smart girl," he says, still sitting on the bench, "what else do you know?"

"That you want me to join you," I say.

"And dominate the world," he says.

"Not today," I say before I take off running.

A power line falls in front of me. Electro can control....anything.....by using electricity.

Christy! What in the name of strawberry ice-cream are you doing? You have powers! Fight!

I turn to find a very angry electro coming at me, arms raised firing pure energy at me.

I could absorb the energy, but that would weaken me way to fast. Ain't nobody got time for that!

"Closer, closer...." I mutter, "now!" I scream!

Using my force, I pick up a tree and whack Electro with it, sending him flying. After he realizes what just happened, (what just happened was he got beat up by a girl half his age,) he yelled in anger.

"Come and get me ugly!" I yell.

"My pleasure!" He screams back.

I'm ready for him. Or so I thought. Not three seconds later a Central Park bench slammed into my back, sending me across the park, smashing me into a tree. Seriously, Fury, of all the times you had to go behind my back, lie to me, (again might I add,) and send me running today had to be the day? Always a Tuesday. Why not Saturday?

I can't move. I'm not kidding! Have you ever been thrown into a tree? Probably not. It feels like a car wreak, times ten. I didn't even scratch the tree! Not a mark! I think my back is broken. Something's broken that's for sure....

"You can join me still, Christy," Electro says advancing towards me.

It hurts to speak,
"Really, Electro? After you have thrown me into a bench, a tree, and a telephone pole, you really think I'm going to join you?" I ask.

"I guess I'll just have to destroy you!" He screams.

"Be my guest," I say quietly.

"The mighty warrior is giving up?" Electro says aiming his hands at me.

And in case your wondering, Electro never misses. Ever.

"What have I got to lose?" I ask.

"Then your death shall be painful," he says.

I see the energy build up. I close my eyes, hoping this wont hurt. It will though. But the shot doesn't come.

Actually instead of energy, I hear a *ding* then a,
"Ahhh!" The scream coming from Electro.

I open my eyes to see Electro flying across Central Park with something red and blue on his stomach.

A shield.

I glance up to see Iron-Man and Spider-Man chasing Electro. I guess to arrest him.

But that blue, red, and I hope white shield can only belong to one person.

"Steve?" I call out.

A man in a blue spangled Star suit gently picks me up,
"What did I tell you about having to much fun without me?"

"I thought I said that," I laugh clutching my probably bruised ribs.

"All's fair in love and war," he replies.

"Steve!" I cry.

Steve kisses me on the head,
"You did say that, I remember now."

I begin to cry hysterically. Steve Rodgers, my Captain America is back, and I'm in his arms.

"It's okay, Christy, I'm here," Steve says, "did you get lighter?" He asks.

"Yes. Don't ever leave me again," I plead.

"I won't. I promise," he says.

Iron-Man and Spider-Man appear beside us. Well, Iron-man lands while Spidey swings to the ground.

"Did you catch Electro?" Steve asks.

"No, he disappeared into one of the power lines before we could catch him," Spidey says.

Oh yeah, Electro can do that sort of thing, ya know, since he's pure energy and all.

"But we did get your shield," Spider-Man says handing Steve his shield back.

"Would you mind holding it?" Steve asks.

"Not at all, Cap," Spider-Man says sliding the shield on his hand, "I've always wanted to try this thing."

"Okay, let's get her back to base, from the looks of it, she needs serious medical attention," Tony says.

Ever so carefully we walk, (Spidey swings,) back to Stark Towers. We don't talk, A) because I'm to excited, an B) it really hurts to talk. I know I broke something up in here.

As soon as we walk into Stark Towers, the press, Tony's workers, and every S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent/Avenger is waiting for us.

Spider-Man and Iron-Man push the reporters out of the way so we can get to the elevator.

"Christy! Your alright!" Natasha says when we enter

"Thank goodness your okay," Emma says.

"We thought you were a goner," Simmons says.

"Christy," dad says, "I'm so sorry this happened to you. I should have come after you. I'm sorry."

I don't truly listen to them because all I know is I need a doctor, and I'm safe in Steve Rodgers, warm, protecting arms. Electro may be loose, but I'm not worried. I have my heart back. My whole heart.

That's when I black out...again.

************************

A/N: Steve's back! And Electro is loose...again. Great going, Christy, facing Electro on your own! Oh wait I did that....oops....sorry:)

Okay, so I based Peter Parker/Spider-Man off the new movie (obviously) and "The Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon. In the cartoon, Spidey knows Coulson is alive. So that's how we're gonna do it around here:) lol. I love Spider-man.

Hey but your favorite OTP is back! Don't you just love um'? I do:)

If you don't know what Electro or anyone else looks like, just google them. I would put pics up--but I don't know how......if you do tell me!

Happy New Year!!!

-AnnaBeth

1/1/2014

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1M 31.1K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
142 7 6
Bruce banner was a good dad, though he spent more time at work than at home, he was always there for you. One day while living on a military base in...
217K 8.1K 33
This is the second book in the Red Room series, this is a sequel to RED ROOM ! After a mysterious god from space steals one of SHIELDs most dangerous...
27 0 16
Hi, I'm Katie! I'm a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent/experiment. My life is a bit of a mess and entirely crazy, but I guess that's what you get when Nick Fury has...