Falling For A Criminal

Da NeverSayRawr

"So, he broke into my room--high, nonetheless--and then acted like it never happened when I confronted him. F... Altro

Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Two*
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Three*
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Four*
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Five*
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Six
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Seven
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Eight
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Nine
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Ten
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Eleven
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Twelve
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Thirteen
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Fourteen [1/2]
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Fourteen [2/2]
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Fifteen
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Sixteen
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Seventeen
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Eighteen
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Nineteen
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Twenty
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Twenty One
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Twenty Two
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Twenty Three
Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Twenty Four

Falling For A Criminal - Chapter One*

51.6K 773 81
Da NeverSayRawr

The night started like any other night.

I was laying in bed with my head full of trivial thoughts and headphones in my ears, listening to the sound of All Time Low's Dear Maria, Count Me In. I honestly hadn't been expecting out of the ordinary to happen, but a few minutes into the song, I noticed in my peripheral vision that my window was opening—and I wasn't the one opening it. Growing wide eyed, I reached for the lamp and was flabbergasted when I saw the schools most notorious player sneaking into my room. Sure, it sounds cliché, and you're probably expecting us to make out or something like that, but I wasn't in any place to do that. I didn't even know how to react for quite some time, but the moment we made eye contact, he smiled and proceeded to climbing in. “You're cute out of uniform, Adri.”

Still in shock, I ripped my headphones out of my ears and stood up; completely forgetting that I was wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and an almost belly shirt. Had this been any other situation, I would have panicked at the mere thought of someone from school—let alone a guy—see me in such revealing clothing, but of course, this was a break in and the last thing on my mind was what some random guy from school thought of me. So, doing something completely out of character, I stood my ground and began the questioning. “Why the hell are you in my room, Haydn?”

He shrugged as if it were no big deal and kicked off his shoes in an attempt to get comfortable. While it was completely out of my nature to kick someone out of my house in the middle of the night during a snow storm, I didn't think he seriously believed that I was going to let him stay here after he broke into my room at one in the morning. He must have been some kind of mind reader because he looked up again once his jacket was off and his smile turned into a crooked grin. “You know you're just like every other girl who wants me to spend the night in their room. I simply made it so you didn't have to ask.” Winking, he walked passed me and lied down on my bed. I couldn't help but notice there was something red on his hands, but I wasn't going to question it; what he did in his free time wasn't my business—or my problem.

“Look,” I said with enough attitude for the both of us to have, share, and then still have some left over, “I'm not some desperate little girl who's going to cower in fear and get on my knees because some random guy popped into my room like a bad romance novel. You're going to get out, and you're going to do it now.”

Looking me up and down for a second, he narrowed his eyes and sat up, still making no attempt to get out of my room, or off of my bed. “You're a small girl. Unless you're going to make me leave, I'm not going anywhere.”

Right as I opened my mouth to speak, a barrage of cop cars drove past my house and the sound of footsteps neared my room. Knowing my father would freak out if he found a guy in my room at this hour—or any hour knowing who my father was—I grew wide eyed and quickly opened the door; meeting him before he got a chance to knock. “I heard cop cars and just wanted to make sure you were OK. You know how things can get over here.”

I nodded; smiling innocently at him. Sure, it came in handy that he was such a light sleeper, but the cops hadn't even finished driving by the house when he made it over here! “I'm OK; I was just going downstairs to get some water.” With nothing to say, I cleared my throat. “You can go back to bed now if you want. I know you have to get up for work in the morning.”

He stared at me for a few seconds, contemplating something before nodding, kissing my head and walked back down the hall to his bedroom. Once I was certain he was out of sight—and hearing range—I let out a breath and closed the door; finding Haydn on my bed with his shirt off. Feeling my jaw clench, I bit my lip in aggravation. Sure, he had perfectly sculpted abs, and yeah, had he not broken into my room, not been a delinquent and not been a complete arse, I would have felt tempted to say something about it, but he had annoyed me and it was honestly starting to bother me. “I'm going to assume that all those cars were looking for you?” I said, completely ignoring the fact that my eyes were all but dying to look down at his abs again.

Haydn must have noticed the accusing tone in my voice because after he placed his hand on his heart—if he had one—he shook his head and looked away from me. “I'm hurt that you think so little of me.”

“I'm just working with what you give me.”

“If that were true, we'd be naked and our privates would be touching.”

Knowing I wasn't going to win this argument, I grabbed my phone off of the dresser and dialed 9-1-1. I guess he knew what I was doing because he quickly stood up and snatched the phone right out of my hands. It took everything in me not to yell at him, and much to my surprise, I was successful.

That is, until he closed it and threw it across the room. “Dude! What the hell?!”

“Shh, you don't want to wake daddy, do you?”

Clenching my fists at my sides, I lifted my right hand and went in for a punch—which resulted in me getting thrown over his shoulder and onto the bed. “Damn it, Haydn, get the hell out of my room. You broke in, and now I'm almost certain this counts as sexual harassment!”

As if it were the only thing he knew how to do, he shrugged again and turned off the lamp; leaving us in the dark room. The heat of his torso was radiating down onto my own and I could feel my face turning red from how close he was—and how provocatively we were lying down. He didn't seem to notice because he didn't say anything, but I could practically imagine him grinning like a mad scientist. I wasn't flustered out of sexual frustration, far from, I was flustered out of regular frustration! How many other girls had he done this to? And why was I being added onto the list?

He knew he was making me uncomfortable, and me just sitting here and taking it wasn't making that any better. He'd go around telling people that I was weak and getting me to do what he wanted was as easy as pie—though making pie has to be one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. With all the crust and everything, it's just so difficult... But that's not the point! I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing he got me to lie down without so much as a challenge. “Get the hell off of me, Haydn.”

“Aw, and here I was believing you and I were having an amazing time.” Sarcasm all but dripped off of his voice, and my first reaction was to push him off of the bed. Of course, with all the muscle he had, it'd make a loud noise and I wasn't really in the mood to get caught with a sexy, shirtless boy in my room. Yes, I said sexy; I'm not going to deny it. He had a pretty pair of hazel, almost gold eyes, soft brown hair and a body that most girls—most, not all—were head over heals in love with. He still wasn't my type though. He was a cocky, conceited womanizer who was always running away from the cops. That's not necessarily the kind of person you want to bring home for your parents to meet—though he'd probably just break in and meet them anyway.

Still, pushing him off of me anyway, I turned my lamp back on and saw that he was staring at me with an annoyed expression on his face. “Why can't you be easy like the rest of the girls?”

Scrunching up my face in disgust, I shook my head and tied my hair into a messy ponytail. “Because unlike the girls you go after, I have respect for my body. And besides,” once my hair was tied up, I turned my body to face him, and gave him the best poker face I could muster up, “I really don't feel like sleeping with someone who probably has a few memorieson his littlefriend.

Actually seeming kind of shocked, he rolled his eyes and stood up off of the bed. “For starters, I'm as clean as a whistle; there's not a single STD on me. Secondly, my friend, as you put it, isn't little. As you can see, there isn't anything little about me.” Flexing, gave me a cocky grin before continuing with his lecture. “And all this talk about self respect is bull. You and I both know that there's a part of you that's just dying to come out.”

“I have no idea what you're talking about.”

Raising an eyebrow, he shook his head and walked back over to me. “Do you really want me of all people to be the one to prove you wrong?” Looking me right in the eyes, I noticed that he wasn't backing down and that arguing with him was going to be completely useless. He knew I was going to drop the subject anyway; it wasn't something I wanted to talk about. “Anyway,” he began, breaking me from my thoughts, “since I'm not getting it in tonight, I guess I'll just sleep here until the cops stop looking for me.”

“So, the cops arelooking for you. May I ask why?”

“No.”

“Well I'm going to anyway; why?”

Running a hand through his hair, he shrugged. “My idiot friends like to say my name a lot. That's all you need to know.”

I frowned. “But that doesn't answer my-”

“-think outside your imaginary utopian society for a bit and you'll understand. This is New York, not some suburban area that you see on TV where everyone has white fences and big dogs.”

Raising an eyebrow at his comparison, I stood up off of my bed and walked over to my computer. He clearly had a little bit of exploring to do on his own because when I turned around, he was digging through my dressers. What he was looking for, I honestly had no idea, but if my hunch had been correct, he was going to find my-

“You wear such childish underwear, Adri.”

Sighing, I walked over to him and slammed my drawer closed. The sudden movement seemed to surprise him because he grew wide eyed and took a step back. I was actually kind of glad that I had managed to intimidate him, but I couldn't drop the facade I had going; for the time being, it was working out in my favor, and I wasn't sure when I'd get an opportunity like this again. “Get the hell out of my room, Haydn.”

Narrowing his eyes, he pushed me until I was pinned against the wall with my hands above my head. I wasn't hesitating to show how annoyed I was, and he wasn't doing anything to make it any better. That's the problem with guys; they don't know how to take no for an answer. All they're after is a nice piece of ass that they can pass aside whenever they get bored with them, and I'm not about to be added to his list of statistics. “You know Adri, you talk a lot of shit for someone who isn't going to make me leave. In fact,” moving one of his hands down to my waist, he pulled me closer to him and grinned, “I'm almost certain you likethis.”

“What the hell is there to like when I'm being held against my will?!” It wasn't a shout, more like a whisper, but had I not been afraid of my dad coming in here again and catching Haydn and I in yet another provocative position, it would have been much louder.

Shrugging, he looked me in the eyes, and for the first time, I noticed there was a lot more red than white in them. Looking closer, I noticed that he wasn't focused all that much, and then it clicked. “You're high, aren't you!”

“Shh, not so loud doll face. Hell, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you wanted to get caught by your parents.” Grinning even wider, he leaned in for a kiss, which caused me to do the only thing I could think of at the time. I lifted my knee and watched as his face went from playful to sheer pain. “You little... Bitch.” Groaning, he let me go and fell to his knees; holding his millions of kids in an attempt to get rid of the pain. At first, I felt a little bad, but then I remembered, he broke in—whilst running away from the cops—and then tried to kiss me—after raiding my room. He got what he deserved.

Awkwardly walking away from him, I sat back down at my computer desk and quickly opened up my Google Chrome browser; going straight to Facebook. Once I was logged in, I noticed that everyone was talking about Haydn, but nothing gave me enough information to know why he broke into my room. I didn't expect it to be a simple 'why is he here?' search, but the fact that almost nooneknew anythingkind of pissed me off. Haydn wasn't the kind of person who kept his life a secret, and if he was, he sure as hell put on a good show for everyone. Anything he does automatically becomes the talk of the school, and now that I actually require some gossip, no one is around to give it to me.

'Idiots.'

Logging off, I walked back over to Haydn and saw that for the most part, he was regaining most of his strength, which meant I was going to get another lecture of some sort. If there was one thing guys hated, it was when they got kicked in their jewels. But in my defense, what happened was a matter of self-defense; I probably would have gotten molested otherwise.

“How are you holding up over there, Haydie?”

Don't call me that.” Glaring at me, he sat up right, still in pain, and moved his hands up from his crotch. “And why the hell did you kick me? I didn't do anything-!”

“-stop yelling,” I hissed, “I'm not about to get in trouble because you don't know how to shut the hell up. So, either you're going to listen and stay shut, or get the hell out.”

“I thought you didn't want me here. You're giving me options now?”

Sighing, I sat back down on my bed and grabbed my iPod. He clearly wasn't going anywhere, but until he did, he wasn't getting an ounce of attention out of me. That's all he wanted, and I wasn't giving him the satisfaction of playing this little game. And besides, did he really expect me to be OK with this? I may be easy going, but I'm not easyto get with. He really has a lot to learn if he honestly believed I would let him sleep with him with the rep he has. Plus, he only proved that rep to be true when he broke into my room! If he thought that I would be even the slightest bit accepting, he really was high.

“What are you listening to?”

“Music.”

“What kind?”

I sighed in aggravation. “The kind you listen to.” My voice was monotone, but it wasn't enough to drive him away. Looking down at my clock, I noticed that it was now one-thirty a.m., and I was even more tired then I was before Haydn got here. Noticing my distress, he turned off the lamp and sat at the foot of my bed.

“You can go to sleep if you want to.”

“Right,” I laughed, “and let you molest me as I sleep? I'll pass.” Yawning, I turned down my music so I could hear whatever it was he had to say. Much to my surprise, he leaned back and just lied there in silence. For a while, I thought he was just thinking of something witty or sarcastic to say, but when I looked closer, I saw that he was sleeping. Poking him, I watched as he shifted positions and made himself comfortable. “Haydn?” No answer.

Shaking my head, I go an extra blanket out of the closet and placed it on the floor. The blanket was pretty thick, and the pillow that I gave him would keep him asleep for a while, too. With much more effort than I thought I would have needed, I pushed him onto the blanket, where he landed with a thud, and I sighed; staring at the clock until I finally fell asleep.

'He broke in high, and then he fell asleep... How freaking perfect.' 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

18.9K 625 36
Adriana has never ever dared to fall for anyone ever since her heart got broken but no, it's not relationship kind of thing. Its the day when her fat...
First Da AuthorAngela80

Storie d'amore

14 0 23
After Avery's assault freshman year, she definitely wasn't looking to fall for the bad boy in town. However, when she ran face first into him in the...
4.9K 259 42
"Don't go inside! Stay!" She said, holding her hand up to show me her palm and then I leaned over the balcony, resting my forearms on the railing to...
195K 3.6K 55
Don't fall for the biggest player in school, that's what I have always told myself since starting high school but with him trapping me in bathrooms w...