My Paid Boyfriend

Da RealityCheck101

*Book 1 of 2* Sky McKay is beautiful, talented, smart and in her second year in college. Her older brother, D... Altro

Chapter 1- When Pigs Fly
Chapter 2- New York Bound
Chapter 3- Stroll Down Memory Lane
Chapter 4- Should've Stayed Single
Chapter 5- Reception Dinner Conflicts
Chapter 6- Steal My Show
Chapter 7- Night Cap Revilement
Chapter 8- The Morning of Wedding Bells
Chapter 9- Wedding Preperations
Chapter 10- Marry Me
Chapter 11- Realization
Chapter 12- Unfinished Sentences
Chapter 13- Love is Free
Chapter 14- When Watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Chapter 15- I'll Always Remember You
Chapter 16- The Hardest Goodbye
Chapter 18- Drunk Talk
Chapter 19- Kill Them With Kindness
Book 2!!

Chapter 17- It's Time To Start Living

100K 3.3K 473
Da RealityCheck101

My Paid Boyfriend 

Chapter 17- It's Time To Start Living 

I didn't really like parties, especially ones that the dorm students threw. Usually I just stayed in with a bunch of girls and we did our own thing, but this time was different. Carly had begged one of us to go with her. Paige and Jade were both declining and telling her they'd have more fun at our dorm. 

Sitting on my bed I looked up from my book, "I'll go." It was a shock to everyone. I was the one who made up mini dorm party because I vowed not to make a fool out of myself out there for everyone to see if I ever did slip and get drunk. 

So it was Carly and I one Friday night. Cheap beer, loud music, drinking games, boys and girls were all there. Carly was dressed in short black shorts and a bright royal blue strapless top that hugged her curves with a tight tied bow. Her long black hair was down in big loose curls framing her heart shaped face. She had just finished painting her nails silver when we left the dorm, so her hands stuck out by her sides like a model as she walked through the crowd of people. 

I, on the other hand, dressed in dark jean shorts, a strapless, white lace top similar to Carly's, and a long comfortable tribal cardigan. Carly had stolen the fat clip that was in my hair keeping it up in a messy bun. So now my slightly damp, naturally wavy hair came down my back. Self cautiously I kept running my hands through my hair thinking it was messy and frizzy but Carly told me not to fret because it looked fine.   

I followed Carly around as she found some friends that were drinking. They poured her a drink and me one as well, I wasn't such a huge fan of cheap beer but when you live in College you got to make do with what you've got. Beer in general didn't fancy me; cheap light beer had to be even worse. I rather drink prune juice. This beer tasted horrible and flavorless and not to mention flat. It is the worst kind of beer to try and drink. 

"Don't worry you'll get use to the taste." Someone shouted in my ear. I drew back frightened that someone was that close to me but I relaxed when I noticed it was only my friend Jason. "Dude, what are you doing here? You never come to parties this is like a first!" Jason laughed. 

I smiled giving him a hug because I felt like I hadn't seen him in so long, "Carly wanted someone to be with her so I volunteered. I guess I need to experience one of these in my College experience." I giggled as I held my red plastic cup in one hand.

"That's not the only College experience you've been going through I hear." Jason explained mysteriously making me wonder. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Rumor has it that you went out with Jeremy Coleman on one of those stupid fake paid dates." He shrugged taking a long sip of his drink. Wow, people already knew? How did they know? "But I mean you're a better person than that; I don't believe you did. So screw the rumors."  When I stayed silent and bit my bottom lip I guess that told him he was wrong and everyone was right. "Wow, really Sky? Out of all people I didn't expect you to do that."

"I was desperate!" I exclaimed running my hand through my hair and I felt my muscles tense up.

"I'm sure you were." He scoffed rolling his eyes, "You could have asked me I would have gone with you." He offered. 

"I was going to but I heard how you were going to the game with Mitch and I didn't want to discourage you from going." I said shaking my head remembering the reason why I hadn't asked him. 

"There are plenty of games but there's only one desperate time when you need a plus one to your brother's wedding." He chuckles shrugging his shoulders, "But it's whatever. I mean what's done is done."

"Yeah what's done is done." I repeated. I stared at him for a moment and without really thinking I just blurted it out, "I think I regret it, but you know I see why he does it. He's only trying to help." Did I really regret it or was I trying to make myself believe it.

Jason brought his head back to look at me like I was crazy, "After years of being disgusted by what he does now you're defending him?" Jason scoffs shaking his head. 

I sighed running my hand through my hair again, "He's only helping and I realized even though it looks whorish of him he-"

"You're right it does make him look like a walking STD and girls are oblivious to it. But I thought out of all people you would see that." Jason interrupts, shaking his head. When he opened his mouth to talk I interrupted this time and spoke over him. 

"Well it's not like I paid him for sex, Jason. It is far from it. We held hands and meaninglessly flirted." I explained. It's not like Jeremy is a prostitute or a paid escort. But Jason was right, I am smarter than most of those girls and I hated to think that I ended up being one of them. 

"No feelings attached, right?" He sums up shrugging his shoulders. 

I paused for a moment and saw over his shoulder Jeremy leaning against a wall near by watching us. I highly doubt he could hear the conversation because of the loud music, I hoped not anyways, "Yeah no feelings." I agreed softly. I looked down in my red solo cup and drowned back the rest of the alcohol. 

Ever since the day we got back I didn't talk to Jeremy. We didn't stay friends like we promised each other and I'll tell the truth, I wasn't disappointed. After coming back and learning that he was sexting Kate Johns what could have been throughout the whole weekend with me, and then coming back and telling me he liked me, I learned how twisted and manipulative Jeremy could actually be. I never thought once that Jeremy would be that kind of guy. What I needed to do was block him out of my mind because my memory so kindly always reminded me every night when my head hit the pillow, being with him would hurt me. Emotional pain was not something I took lightly and I wasn't going to restart that agony to myself again. 

Carly had pulled me towards a group of people who all set up a game of beer pong. I've played beer pong three times in my life. Once was with my brother and his friends at his graduation party, another was in the dorm room, and lastly the dark time when I dated Jimmy and we went to one of his College parties. On all those experiences I found it was not hard to get a single, hollow, plastic ball into the many solo cups. To say that, you can figure I got a little tipsy. 

I didn't know anybody around the table besides Carly. They found out quickly that I was new to this whole party crowd and gave me first dibs. They looked shock when I made my first dunk and gulped down the flat taste of beer. Now maybe I should purposely aim for the worst so I don't have to drink this nasty stuff. Being in New York with my family must have really set my expectations for alcohol high. 

After about my third shot I grabbed Carly by the arm and switched with a couple of girls that wanted in. Carly was in no hurry to leave. Not wanting to leave without her I followed her around until she reached a door leading to the outside and of course, various drinking games where on display. What caught my eye the most was a glistening green bottle perched on top of an unlit tiki torch. 

Finally! Good beer! Not the cheap stuff! I praised in my head. With some new found confidence I jumped by a dude's side- I think his name is Colt, from government class- making him jump a bit, "How do you play?" I asked looking back and forth between the four people. 

Where we stood about two yards away were two more people holding beer bottles, in front of them another unlit tiki torch with what looked to be an empty beer bottle. In Colt's righthand was a red and gold Frisbee in his other was a beer bottle. 

"There's no name to it. The point of the game is to knock down the opponent’s beer bottle off the stick. You can only use one hand. If the Frisbee lands on the ground it's one point. If you knock the bottle to the floor it's another point. If the Frisbee and the bottle drop that's double the points. Whoever reaches twenty-one first wins." Colt explains sending the Frisbee to the other side. It almost hits the bottle, the other teams sighs in relief as one retrieves the Frisbee. 

"Where's the drinking part?" I ask, eyeing the brand name of the beer. 

"You drink when you earn a point." He tells me. He grabs the Frisbee with ease since it’s nowhere near close to hitting the bottle, "Want a go at it?" He offers handing me the Frisbee. Truth be told I don't think I know how to throw a Frisbee, "I can help you," Colt chuckles. Did I just say that out loud, "Yes, you did; both times actually." Colt answers. Ok I've got to stop drinking, "The party is at its peak. You can't stop now!" Colt shouts aiming his body behind me. 

The strong but delightful smell of beer hits my nostrils. It's not the smell of gross old beer but the good one I've been dying to have. I sense Colt's face close to mine and his body closely behind me. I take a stance and let Colt control my body, "Grasp the Frisbee in one hand." Hesays curling his fingers over mine on the Frisbee. I couldn't help but smirk as he continued to talk in my ear, "Bring your wrist in and flick." He orders. I follow his movements and let go of the Frisbee. We begin to see the bottle tip ever so slightly but it stays in place, "So close babe, so close." He praises handing me his beer. 

Yes I've been rewarded with the good beer and not that shity kind! I take a long sip of the beer and watch the Frisbee fly towards us. Another dude caught it and sent it over quickly, the bottle didn’t fall but no one caught it. Everyone on our side cheered and took a sip of beer. Colt threw his arm around my shoulder and sent me a gorgeous smile, “Let’s beat their asses in this game.” He tells me taking the beer from my hand.

Looking over to the other side I spotted a shadow from the corner of my eyes, leaning against a tree trunk while watching us. Narrowing my eyes I shook my head when I realized it was Jeremy. He leaned against the tree beer bottle in hand, staring. You know those movies when the bad guy or the one undercover is hiding in the corner watching every move you make. Yeah, that was Jeremy for you at the moment.

Colt’s arm moved away from my body as he leaped over and grabbed the Frisbee. He tossed it to me with a wink telling me to have a go at it. I stood up straight and tried to remember what Colt had taught me. Grasp my fingers around the rim, bring my wrist in, and flick. I jumped with glee when I saw the Frisbee skim the top of the bottle but only to land flat on the ground inches away from the stick.

“That was a good one babe.” Colt tells me raising his hand for a high five. I slap my hand on his shivering when he clasps my hand and doesn’t let go.

I toss my hair to the side and look down at our hands with squinting eyes. Holding Colt’s hand just didn’t settle right in my stomach for some reason and I wanted my hand freed. When I looked up at Colt, his gray eyes were looking straight ahead and I only knew why when I felt the pain.

“Fuck!” I whined, ripping my hand out of Colt’s. I touched the side of my head wincing at the throbbing pain. I heard a few gasps and curses coming from the rest of the people around. Colt put the cold beer bottle against my temple and instantly it felt better.

“Are you feeling Ok?” A husky voice asked. I didn’t dare open my eyes, only squeezing them tighter.

“Sky, are you hurt?” Another voice asked. This time I opened my eyes, looking up to a pair of frightened honey color eyes.

“Back off Coleman, you don’t have to prove you’re a hero.” The sound of Colt’s rough and annoyed voice spoke, “Hey babe, want me to get some ice on that?” Colt directs me now.

“She has a name, it’s not babe it’s Sky. Show some respect. Sky, do you want me to get you some ice?” Jeremy speaks up.

I push away from the both of them needing to breath. I just shake my head looking around to see if I- or the boys- were causing a scene; thankfully we weren’t, “I’m fine, chill it’s just a plastic disc.” I say shaking it off.

“Here medicate it with this.” Some girl says. She passes me a small clear glass of liquid. The strawberry bold from the other team gave me a grin as I gulped back the burning taste of strong alcohol.

“That’s my girl,” Colt chuckles drinking his beer. He picks the Frisbee of the ground and tips his chin in my direction, “You still up to play?”

I shrug but nod my head as I pick the Frisbee out of his hands. A look to Jeremy and he gives me a disapproving look, “She’s not your girl.” Jeremy says in a low voice, under his breath. He turns and walks away, hiding back in the dark.

What’s with him? It’s not like I’m his girl either. I’m nobody’s girl. I narrow my eyes ahead of me and quickly throw the Frisbee to the other side. Colt and a couple others laugh when the Frisbee lands far from the bottle, “Guess you found your poison. Your aim is off now, babe.”

I smirk holding my own beer bottle on my temple as I watch the frisbee come back, caught, and let go just enough to tip the bottle off its tiki torch. The team cheers and we begin to drink. It took so long for one of us to even score half the amount of points. When no one seemed to be scoring -because face it the whole win a point take a drink thing wasn’t a really strict rule- I took myself out of the game by saying I needed to go to the bathroom.

Passing through I found Carly, surrounded by a table of people, head to head with a guy and five shots in front of them. Gees, good luck to that guy. Carly may be tiny but she sure could drink her liquor without a problem. Two things happened on my may to finding a bathroom.

One, I was pulled into playing spin the bottle. It was like fighting for your life in the Hunger Games because I had to push the drunken girl that was pulling me to the floor to get her to leave me alone; and she had a strong grip let me tell you. Second, the crowd of young adults and probably illegal to drink teenagers were all jamming the hall way by deciding to make out in a heard. I just may have contracted herpies or AIDs by trying to push myself through.

By the time I made it to the bathroom I wasn’t sure if it was a smart idea to leave and go through all that for round two. But surely enough I couldn’t spend forever in the bathroom, plus there was someone obnoxiously banging on the door telling me to open up. I didn’t know what to do next. I felt a little buzzed already and I didn’t want to get anymore tipsy; I knew the smart decision would be to get Carly and leave.

Let’s just say, I can’t beat Luke O’Brian in a game of shots, because that’s what I ended up doing instead of going back to the dorm room. Silly me, if I only knew what those events would lead to after taking shots with Luke, I might have still been sober and walking back to my dorm room; alone. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

XOLuvKylie&Kelsey

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

954K 18.6K 39
"I have a proposal for you, one which I know that you'll like." "Go on," she said. "I want you to be my fake girl friend, this way you'll also gain...
3.1M 78.1K 23
BOOK 2! **Must read My Paid Boyfriend before reading this!** You know the story of Jeremy and Sky. How Sky left Jeremy thinking it was better for hi...
5.6K 194 19
"It all started with a simple bet. I never thought that a tiny piece of paper would change my entire life." As eighteen-year-old Sky Dunbroch struggl...
589K 17.9K 37
"Cornelia, let's make a deal. You will be my fake girlfriend for 3 months. And I will pay you 30 million dollars for your service, how is that?" "I r...