radiance | baekhyun

De soartdeco

he controlled light; manipulated it, made it into whatever his heart desired. at least, that's what he though... Mais

prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
epilogue
from em

22

1.3K 95 41
De soartdeco

//

it felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders. the weight of the questions and accusations she'd been meaning to address had now dissipated, after baekhyun's confession. she felt herself smile at the realisation; a flood, a happy sigh of relief.

as if all the confusion and misunderstanding was over, she thought.

except the clouded mystery that had surrounded him was now replaced with a strange uncertainty, one that made her want to ask: how?

how was it all possible? the lights, everything; how did he have this power over them?

how.

the thought, the image, was somehow intriguing, as if she wanted to properly observe the ability he held; watch him play with the light, watch the dancing yellow and amber inferno between his hands.

roma loved the way he'd spoken so fluidly, divulging her with this held-in information, his hands having still clasped hers together. like he had been so relieved to finally say it, admit what he'd been meaning to tell her.

but she also feared that sparkle that had ignited in his vision, evident in the way goosebumps had formed across her skin. the way he'd looked at her, smirking, somehow, eyes growing darker. black diamonds.

and then she'd dared him. to show her.

because she'd never felt more alive in her entire life.

baekhyun was an adventure: a risk, even. someone she'd never encountered before in her entire life.

roma was so bored of being boring.

and baekhyun's beautiful eyes and smirking lips were beginning to make her fall harder than she'd ever intended.

//

23:57.

"where even are we?"

she asked the question softly, the words slowly tumbling from her shivering lips, as his hand dragged them both up the empty flights of stairs. roma wasn't frightened. savoured the feeling of his calloused yet comfortable skin pressing against hers.

"you'll see," he laughed, the sound like happiness ringing out through the desolation.

wasn't scared.

roma even laughed in return, clinging to him, ready for adventure.

the building that they'd entered was abandoned, all persons having left the area. tonight, the city seemed even more vibrant, with the scattering of lights glittering in the distance, providing a colourful backdrop to whatever baekhyun had planned.

despite the eerie quiet and darkness of the place, roma wasn't fearful of anything. merely curious as to where they were heading. the numerous flights of stairs began to seem endless, each step adding to their elevation, taking them higher.

"baekhyun," she laughed, her breaths heavy from climbing the stairs. "baekhyun, are we nearly there yet?" she joked, giggling childishly.

he laughed in response.

"yeah, we are."

suddenly, the dark steps came to an end, and she heard the thudding sound of baekhyun shoving the double doors open, their figures met with a burst of cool air.

she gasped.

they were at the top of the tallest inner-city building, towering above the minuscule cars and smaller structures down below. colours dotted the pitch-black aura of the downtown area, one that looked beautiful from their vantage position. high-up and out of reach.

"oh, my gosh," she breathed out, releasing a small, rasping laugh.

baekhyun let go of her hand as they neared the edge of the balcony, roma instantly but cautiously leaning over, desperate to get a proper view of everything. their steps echoed across the roof-top concrete.

"it's so pretty," she smiled.

it was beautiful.

starlights dotted the long and open horizon, gleaming and shining far-off in the distance. the cool wind seeped past her flowing clothes, her hair, and baekhyun's arm reached around to rest on her small waist.

butterflies in her stomach.

lights dazzled, a large blur of shimmering rainbow.

she felt dizzy, but a good kind of dizzy.

"how are we allowed up here?" she pondered, looking at up baekhyun, still with his arm circled around her.

he laughed at her.

"just don't worry, love," he whispered. "it's fine."

she leaned against him. had a strong urge to kiss him.

"no-one's around to tell us off," he winked, nudging her slightly.

roma felt as though nothing mattered right now. as if all she wanted was to bask in the dull glow of the lasting light, and savour the taste of the night breeze, and lean her body against baekhyun.

he leaned down to kiss her forehead, the action catching her off-guard, her cheeks painted pink by the sensation of his soft lips.

heart fluttered nervously, and roma swore she'd never felt this loose feeling in her chest, the relaxation in her limbs. happiness. the warm, tingling feeling in her stomach made her beam widely.

"so, why are we here?" she asked. quiet voice.

baekhyun relieved his comfortable grip on her and turned so that they were facing one another. he removed a strand of hair that had been blown across her face by the wind, his fingers brushing past her cheek.

he appeared to take a deep breath, long eyelashes fluttering.

"because i wanted to show you."

the statement was spoken calmly, his hand still resting on her warm skin, his eyes boring holes into hers. although his manner was relaxed, that same darkness passed over his vision, like something else was taking over his form. unexplainable.

a pinkish glow still shed visibility onto the top of the towering building, allowing roma to take note of the fading bruises and scars, almost completely gone. she admired the faint indigo and violet lines, but also feared them; knowing that baekhyun held a dark side in contrast to his warming smile.

vague memories of previous fights and dark nights filled her mind.

roma still didn't get him properly, and she desperately wanted to. she felt a bit pathetic, that a boy could have such a huge effect over her.

"s-show me what?"

he took both of her hands within his again. foreheads rested against one another. silence resounded briefly, all around, sinking into the moment. lips continuously opened, as if wanting to speak.

"you're not scared of me," baekhyun whispered.

it was more of a statement rather than a question, and roma thought for a moment. she quickly shook her head, wanting to be closer to him.

"no."

barely audible.

their actions were slow, and she felt him smile, shoulders slumping slightly.

he laughed softly.

"sh-should i b-be?" she asked, intending to be confident, but instead stuttering and stammering. she laughed lightly, as he grinned. warm breath fanned across her face.

"no," he similarly replied, teeth glinting in the night-light. "at least, i don't want you to be."

"baekhyun, i--"

"shh," he whispered. a finger was brought up to her lips, silencing her.

she didn't protest.

their hands interlocked. his skin was rough, her heart beating furiously at the connection.

baekhyun shut his eyes, squeezing them tightly.

felt another presence; felt the wind pick up, whistle around the large balcony, flutter her loose clothes and long hair. felt her mouth become dry at the weight pause and hesitation.

baekhyun turned to face the rosé strand of lasting summer sky, the breeze fluttering through his fringe. eyes were still closed. street lights shone, skyscrapers filling the city with dazzling displays of colour, the speeding cars like moving ants down below.

silence. echoing.

his grip on her hand loosened.

focus was evident in the way his delicate facial features scrunched up, skin creasing. she didn't know what he was doing. a tingle ran up and down her spine, heat prickling across her skin, dancing over her shivering figure. it reminded her of the previous night.

perhaps she was scared.

baekhyun grabbed her hand again, and her pulse calmed, and she looked up, intently watching him. it's fine, you're fine, roma reassured herself. it's just baekhyun.

his captivating stare fixated itself upon the struggling city. the storm brewed, the clouds swirling; dark purple and navy, like the bruises and memories. stars vanished, lightning replacing their calm stature, the white, jagged lines creating shadows on the dark pavement. thunder bellowed, loud, rupturing the tranquility of the night.

roma gasped.

a dark cold seeped in through her thin jacket, consuming her skin. she held onto his hand, although baekhyun didn't reciprocate the gesture as warmly, his gaze and focus transfixed.

"baekhyun," she whispered, lips trembling. her heart pounded; could hear it echoing in her ears.

suddenly, an utter darkness consumed the thundering atmosphere. black, almost. the lights from the buildings beyond the balcony were switched off completely, plunging the city into a dark invisibility. the sky, too, became an abyss of nothing; the clouds mingling as one.

fright and fear.

utter darkness. all the lights from the city streets had been diminished, the sky up above mirroring the black image of the skyscrapers and rushing roads. movement was brought to a sudden, inevitable stop. roma could almost sense the confusion that the city must be feeling; the questions--why, why, why--probably running through their heads.

she turned to face baekhyun, slowly, her small form, in comparison to him, trembling. chills took over her as she was met with the dark mist that had descended over his eyes.

concentration was etched into his features, ignoring her completely. roma found something enchanting in the way his mind and his entire being was focused on something out there; beyond this confining balcony edge.

//

00:00.

silence.

darkness. complete darkness.

roma let go of his hand.

//

00:01.

baekhyun breathed heavily, letting out a strong exhale, one that shuddered throughout his body. roma analysed his stance, watched as the wind whooshed again, rattling the balcony rails and whistling past the concrete ledge.

observed in awe as the small, twinkling starts returned amid the mess of dark purple and blue, and as the lightning and thunder vanished, and as, slowly, one by one, the lights illuminated the streets once again. bright yellow and pale orange irradiation dotting the darkness. roma had momentarily forgotten how high up they were, staring down at the miniature town.

the norm had been restored. everything back to the way it was, as though nothing out of the ordinary had happened. moon still hung, like a pale drop in the ocean of midnight sky. cars filed along the high streets, one after the other: oblivious to baekhyun's supremacy.

she was speechless.

he turned to face her.

baekhyun was smiling; proud of himself. that smirk played on his lips, the corners of his mouth. he chuckled deeply.

despite not being afraid, roma was trying her hardest to control her breaths, their inhalations leaping profusely from her chest. out of control.

silence, once again.

the two stared at each other, intently. continuously opened her mouth to speak. she didn't understand; couldn't comprehend what she'd just experienced. so unreal and surreal. roma couldn't fathom what had just happened.

but her heart hammered, and her chest heaved, and she felt the warmth of baekhyun's proximity in her stomach.

it was dark and light and confusing and baekhyun looked so beautiful.

i love you, i love you, i love you.

before she could think, he'd grabbed her chin, his actions somewhat desperate, pressing his lips to hers. she kissed him back, roughly, desperate, like him, her arms wrapping around his neck.

his tongue pushed into her mouth, tasting her, and she moulded against him, their bodies conforming. baekhyun grabbed her waist, pushed her against the balcony wall, never disconnecting their lips. and, god, she thought she'd never get enough of him.

broke apart, for a breath of air. heavy breathing surrounded.

"still not scared of me?" he whispered.

he looked so gorgeous, so captivating, his eyes never failing to mesmerise her. she held onto him, his taller frame practically picking her up, and she traced her finger across the jagged, blue lines that remained, trailing from the corner of his left-eye to the edge of his red lips.

"never," she exhaled, kissing him as hard as she could.

his hand rested against the nape of her neck.

minutes passed, as they stayed as one unity, kissing with the stars shining in the background.

"come with me," baekhyun beckoned, mouthing across her lips.

roma didn't know where, or what that meant. his touch was warm, too much, too good. she knew that this had already gone too far.

"where?" she asked delicately.

"anywhere. away from here."

"what about...everything..." she trailed off, unsure as to what she intended to say. nothing else mattered, she reminded herself.

spoke slowly.

"roma," he stopped her.

"yes?"

"come with me," he repeated. "please."

the lights. too many times, too many beats of her heart. she loved him. so, she said yes, of course.

he kissed her one more time.

they left the balcony behind. roma didn't know where they were going.

but the lights were shining. brightly, and she knew that, yeah: nothing else fucking mattered.

//

long wait again, i'm so sorry :/ plus this is so cheesy, ew. what do you think of radiance so far?

em x

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

11.8K 455 32
*SEUQUEL IS NOW OUT UNDER THE NAME "YOU DONT OWN ME"* .. He was a cold blooded killer but somehow I was drawn closer to him. It felt wrong but it fel...
174K 7.6K 36
"I think he has some kind of obsession towards you" "Towards me??" Hey guyss so as you might already know this story is on youtube. You can also just...
3.8K 364 28
the moon is beautiful, isn't it? || blaring music, coloured flood lights, and intoxicated bodies finding solace.
19.7K 1.3K 26
To free from shadow; to allow to become illuminated.