Eventually

נכתב על ידי seopresso

1.1 | When a boy with a troubled past and a girl with no future meet, as per the wishes of the stars, a lot c... עוד

foreword
cast
playlist
• 28th of October •
01 | beginning
02 | liking
03 | watching
04 | discussing
• 25th of January •
05 | meeting
06 | helping
07 | feeling
08 | searching
• 14th of March •
09 | persuading
10 | dining
11 | checking
12 | dating
• 21st of April •
13 | shopping
14 | departing
15 | shocking
16 | travelling
• 28th of April •
17 | looking
18 | loving
19 | sighting
20 | unexpecting
• 2nd of May •
21 | merrymaking
22 | startling
23 | falling
24 | acidifying
• 20th of May •
25 | soaring
26 | whitening
28 | hoping
29 | slowing
• 6th of June •
30 | ending
eventually
map to the stars

27 | resurrecting

2.7K 114 7
נכתב על ידי seopresso

2 7

R E S U R R E C T I N G

Three weeks had passed by quite wonderfully. Dr. Falcon treated me like his own family while I was at the clinic. His reason, in fact, did amuse while he teased me with Luke. He told me that he did all the caring only because he knew I was secretly the Wicked Witch of the West and that I had stoked his nephew's hearts.

Mum and Dad literally stayed at the hospital and exhaustion was written all over their faces. It was in moments like these I wished it was all over, that everything came to an end. At least mum and dad would live their lives and maybe, I wouldn't have been such a burden on them; a constant cause for worry. Nevertheless, mum and dad made me feel loved as they brought monopoly and what not into the clinic to play with me.

And Ella. God, that woman is a gem in my life. She stood by me then and stands by me this day and I could not imagine being more grateful to a human than her. She and Trent would come every day and often bring me all these great foods. Best friend goals, you have there, ladies and gentlemen.

Victoria seemed down and she wouldn't open up about it to met yet. However, she did try faking a smile only to cheer me up and boy, did she think she could fool her friend? Victoria came down to the hospital and when we seldom got bored with our conversations, she would randomly scream Stone-Paper-Scissors at me. Her craziness, I swear, is gold.

Luke Fletcher reminded me that he was there for me, every single day. He reminded me that he would be there for me no matter what. He spoke sweet nothings into my ear as I slowly fell for him deeper and harder with every passing minute. He was my platinum; my purpose, for now.

However, as emotionally strong these people made me, I couldn't lie and tell I felt physically stronger. Depressingly, I still felt weak, like I was clinging onto something before I let go and was done for. Yet, these small yet precious moments sustained me, and that was all I needed for now.

I gazed out of the window and I smiled unknowingly. I had happiness. I had it all this while. The sun shone so brightly that it made me shrink my eyes to look out the window. My attention was quickly taken to the knocking at my door and I took few minutes to sit properly on the hospital bed.

"Come in," I called out to whoever it was at the door.

The door slightly opened and Victoria stuck her head in and gave me a goofy grin. "Hi," she squealed. I smiled, shaking my head and gestured her to come in.

"I got Oreo for you," Victoria wiggled her eyebrows at me as she placed Oreo biscuits next to me. She made herself comfortable on the seat next to me and took the first Oreo from the plate. I laughed and took one from the plate too.

"How are you doing, Elle?" Victoria asked, with a genuinely concerned expression on her face.

"Good, I guess?" I mumbled as I took another Oreo.

"That's nice," Victoria mumbled.

I looked at Victoria intently for a minute, before I broke the silence and asked her the one question that kept pricking me the entire week.

"What's wrong?"

"What?" Victoria's head whipped to face me and her eyes looked as sharp as a hawk's.

"You can't lie to me, Tori; I've known you long and well enough to know something's hurting you terribly."

Everything she held, bottled up deep within, broke out at that moment. She cried. She put her head on her hands and just weeped. I dropped my legs onto the floor and sat up properly to face her. Hugging momentarily, I asked, "What's bothering you, Tori?"

"I broke up with Brendan," Her raspy voice let out.

"What?" I exclaimed, a bit too loud, unintentionally.

"I broke up wi—" She repeated until I cut her off and said, "I got you the first time you said." Victoria just cried and it broke my heart to see the one person who I knew was ever cheerful to cry mountains for this one guy.

I stroked her hair gently and asked, "You broke up with Brendan? But why?"

"He was cheating on me."

"What?" I roared out in anger. It took me aback. Brendan and Victoria seemed so madly in love with each other that the very thought of him cheating on her is infuriating and surprising.

"He was cheating —" Victoria was about to repeat herself when I gave her a look and she kept quiet.

"How did you find out?"

"I caught him —" She began explaining and my eyes widened like I were a deer caught in headlights. "—in his house. He had come back from Memphis for a week here and I thought I'd surprise him and got a cake and everything and went to his house."

"I smelled something suspicious as soon as I entered his house, Elle. There was utter silence. Too silent to be normal," Victoria said as she remember the incident. "And then I heard moans. Definitely, a girl's. My heart broke when I heard the first one itself." Victoria broke into more tears immediately.

"He was fucking her. Brendan was fucking a girl that was obviously not me, and I had caught him red-handed. The cake fell from my hand and that's what caught their attention. Brendan quickly got up in all his naked glory and walked towards me. I was crying already and all I could think at that moment was how much it hurt; how much it hurt to give your heart to someone in a hope that they'd keep it safe. I slapped him hard and ended up running away from him."

"Tori," I sighed as I felt this immense hatred towards Brendan suddenly. "You deserve so much better."

"I deserve nothing," she mumbled. "I shouldn't have give away my playgirl ways. I was safe and happy then. I brought misery to people. I never had to endure them."

"Don't you dare say that," I scolded her.

"But—" Victoria began to defend her statement.

"I know the perfect solution to this," I exclaimed.

"You do?"

"Not exactly. But it will bring momentary happiness."

"Fine, shoot it," Victoria said.

I took my phone from the coffee table next to me and handed it over to her. She looked at me quizzically and I smiled at her confidently.

"Call Pizza Hut and order two large sized pizza of your choice. Tell them it's an emergency and we need it now," Victoria rolled her eyes at me. Nevertheless, she did as I said. As soon as she cut the call and handed the phone to me, I smirked, "Not yet. You have just one more call to make."

"Who is it now?"

"Call Brendan."

"What?" Victoria yelped. I expected such a reaction from her. After all, I did ask of her to call the one person she thinks she hates but yearns for rather.

"Call Brendan, Tori. Let it all out," I suggested. The girl did run away after catching her boyfriend cheat on her.

Victoria looked down at the phone in her hand. To make a call or not was a dilemma. She wanted to yell at Brendan for breaking her heart. She wanted to swear at him as she shouted every malicious word she knew. She wanted to go all boxing champion and punch the hell out of Brendan. Yet here Victoria was; sitting with her lips sealed only because she knew that if she spoke to him, she'd cry — burst out into tears. It's true after all. All that glitter is not gold, because even tears glitter and they're from the deepest hearts where gold couldn't afford to be found.

"Elle," Victoria sighed. "I can't do it. I really can't." Her voice strained and her eyes were wet. She slouched as she felt ashamed of herself and I knew this. I knew that Victoria wouldn't be able to, that is, only till someone takes the very first step and then guide her.

"Okay," I said and grabbed the phone from her hand. "I'll call him."

"What?" Victoria squealed in surprise. I wouldn't be shocked if she snatched the phone away either. But she didn't and that was a green signal enough for me to call Brendan.

"Hello?" The voice over the phone boomed. Brendan always did have a nice voice with a short treble and a deep hoarse bass one. I didn't speak just yet. Honestly; I didn't know what to speak. Unprepared as I was, I decided to let out how I felt over the incident.

"Anyone there? Is this a prank call?" Brendan asked again.

"Hey, Brendan," I finally spoke up. He didn't recognise me as he quickly told me that he knew the voice but he just couldn't put a finger on whose it was.

"It's Danielle on the line. Remember me?"

"Danielle! Oh, how are you?" He asked, politely.

"I'm good, and you should be pain or in your type of ecstasy at losing a girl who loved you much," I sneered at him, and I could imaging Brendan cringing.

"You don't get —"

"What do I not get, Bren? You broke her. You broke Victoria Hughes and I do not know if there is anything more depressing than that.

From my peripheral vision, I could see Victoria biting her lips tightly, trying desperately to not break down. I continued and decided to cut the call quick, "Brendan, you are a mighty jerk and hope you realised you're gonna struggle because you just lost your star. Toodles, jerkass!" And without a further reply, I cut the call.

"Oh Tori," I sighed as I hugged her. Victoria broke down before me, completely, as she cried her heart out.

"I loved him . . . so much; what did I do wrong, Elle?" She tried framing the sentences as she croaked them out. Her throat seemed quenched and I sighed.

"You know what we should do?" I squealed in a terrible attempt to lift her spirits.

"What?" She mumbled.

"Netflix and chill, okay?"

"That sounds nice," Victoria shrugged. As soon as I switched on, the door knocked and Victoria opened it.

"Wow, the nurses did let them through properly," Victoria raised her eyebrows and wondered.

"Who is it, Tor?" I called out.

"Pizza Delivery for two beautiful woman," the pizza delivery dude shouted back and I chuckled.

Well, when pizza sided with Netflix was there, who needed boys?

•••

Victoria left after watching another six to seven episodes of the Vampire Diaries. She seemed at least much better than she was hours ago.

It was six in the evening and mum and dad had just left to explain to Aunt Rebecca what my situation exactly was. Vampire Diaries still played on the television when Luke entered the room.

"Ellie," he smiled so brightly that I couldn't help but grin back.

"Luke, hey," I sat up straight at the very sight of him. Running a finger through my hair, I chuckled at how Luke nearly tripped when he ran towards me. He had a bag with him and looked like he had stars in it.

"I'm taking you out."

"What?" I asked. My face etched itself automatically to a confused expression. Taking me out of the four boundaries of the hospital was impossible when Dr. Falcon watched like a hawk.

"Yeah, I'm taking you out on a date," Luke explained enthusiastically. I blushed and bit my lip nervously.

"Dr. Falcon allowed?"

"Yeah," Luke nodded. I was surprised when Luke told me that Dr. Falcon allowed because it was absolutely impossible to make him agree to anything. Especially now after the wheelchair incident.

Luke lifted the bag and took a cover out from it. My eyebrows rose and I asked, "What is this?"

"A dress. Wear this in an hour," Luke smiled sheepishly. "I hope it's the right size. I had a bit of help from Elle. I'll come and get you in an hour, by the way."

I blushed probably all fifty shades of red. He thought this through and was prepared as hell. With that, Luke left and I looked at the dress on the bed, slowly caressing it.

The material was not too thin, the Royal blue color of the dress looked magical and it looked beautiful. The dress looked breathtaking and I felt honored to wear it. I quickly rang the bell next to me, on my coffee table. The nurse that looked after me – Penelope – rushed in and looked at me concerned. Her attention too was quickly taken by the dress on my bed.

"Did Luke drop this by?" Penelope asked, and I nodded. In my time of my stay here in this clinic, I bonded well with my nurse. Penelope Cruzta was a struggling housewife and had an adorable six year old for a loving son. She reminded me of my mum and I guess, that's why I liked her so much.

I nodded my head and requested, "Could you help me with the dress? He's taking me out in an hour." Penelope nodded and quickly as she supported me, I stood up and held onto a stand. With much efforts, she helped me into the dress and had me seated on the wheelchair in less than twenty minutes.

"Wait a minute," Penelope smiled brightly, as if she had the brightest idea flash in her head suddenly. I nodded and sat silently. Penelope came back quickly with a makeup box in her hand.

"Just something to make you look brighter," Penelope smiled. I laughed and gasped as if I was offended, "Do I not look like the sun to you already? How could you, Penelope?"

She laughed. Cupping my face and giving me the chirpiest smile ever, she said, "Maybe not to me, but definitely to Luke." I blushed and realised in a jiffy that an hour had already passed by.

Luke knocked and opened the door. He looked at me gaping for a minute and I swear, my cheeks warmed further under his gaze. Penelope smirked next to me and said, "Ah, the prince is here. Take your princess away, but remember, young man, get her back before the clock strikes twelve."

Luke and I laughed. He turned to Penelope and with a firm nod, said, "Fear not, fairy godmother."

"Do you want the wheelchair?" Luke asked me as soon as Penelope left. Kissing me on the cheek, he knelt to face me and said, "Because I wouldn't mind carrying you all the way."

"Is it in your job protocol to make me smile like an idiot?" I chuckled as I smiled brightly.

Luke stood up and pushed the wheelchair out the door, towards the elevator. He made small talks till the elevator, as he told me proudly about how his grades were still perfect after missing so many classes and how they won another Championship and were sure as hell going to take home the Summer Championship trophy too.

And all the throughout as Luke narrated various instances, I could not help but smile to myself. I was blessed. I was so mighty blessed with a man who loved telling me stories. I was blessed with a man who loved to make me smile. I was blessed with a man who unknowingly looked at his nose and made a funny face. I was blessed with a man who'd choose peanut butter over Nutella. I was blessed with a man who loved me, irrespective of who I was — a love not out of sympathy but a love for eternity.

"Did you fall asleep? Am I boring?" Luke raised his eyebrow as I whipped my head instantly at his question. I giggled and said, "No, just thinking." We entered the elevator and Luke pressed the button to the terrace.

"Are you a killer?" I asked randomly and Luke's eyes widened. He shook his head helplessly and said, "You caught me. I'm a killer of sort. I'm a vampire. Hotter than Edward Cullen." Luke rolled his eyes at me after that.

I laughed and said, "I'd wish for you to bite me to give me immortality." Luke's eyes flickered with a certain sadness and his lips were pressed tightly. I understood why he kept quiet. I spoke like I was sure my time was limited. I spoke like I was hopeless and I felt more sorry for myself at this point. I was unknowingly turning into something I hoped I wouldn't.

Coughing, Luke quickly said to cover the awkward, melancholic silence, "Ooooh, kinky. I knew you liked the chains." The elevator doors opened as I laughed.

The sight before me was beautiful. Beautifully lit lamps every where on the ground leading to a table right in the centre. The table had flicker lights all around it. I gaped at it and stared at it wide eyed.

"Luke," I croaked out. The gesture was heart touching and I could feel my eyes watering.

"Yes, Amor?" He bent over me and kissed me on my cheek.

"I love you," I whispered, as I tugged at his arm to pull him before me.

I could see a smile tugged at the cornered of his lips. Luke smiled and I bit my lip. I whispered once again, "I love you so much."

"I love you too," Luke whispered back into my ear as he kneeled before me. He then hugged me tightly.

"I thought we weren't supposed to be cliched," Luke piped, amused.

"You broke it before I did," I laughed. Luke rolled me to the table. After making sure I was well settled in my place, he took his seat, opposite to me, at the table.

"What would you precious couple like to have on this beautiful starlit night?" A voice spoke. I looked to my right and there I saw Penelope.

"Penelope!" I laughed. "What ever in the world are you doing here?"

"He asked me if I could take orders for the night," she said as she gestured at Luke. "How could I say no for something so magical?"

I blushed and mumbled, "Thank you."

"So, what would you like to have?" She asked me again. I looked at Luke and then at the menu card placed before me.

"What do you suggest?" I asked him.

"We'd have steak first," he nodded and quickly added, "Champagne. I want to celebrate this night."

"You only had that, didn't you?" I asked and Luke gave me a boyish grin and shhhh-ed me, "Enjoy the night."

Since that was the only thing they obviously had, Penelope brought two plates of food and two glasses of champagne, quickly.

I looked up at the sky. The stars twinkled brightly, as if, they too joined me in my heaven-like mirth. I looked back at Luke again. He smiled at me like I was his girl. I am his girl. Heck yeah!

Luke gently lifted the glass of champagne to toast. Instinctively, I lifted it and clinked it against his.

Luke announced, "To happily ever afters."

I chuckled and repeated those words that finally made sense to me.

"To happily ever afters."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

190K 4K 40
Can a guy and a girl who stay together for a long period of time really be "just friends"?
190 7 36
every love story starts without a solid plan or at least that's what people say, right? but when it comes to a girl with the oddest dreams and a real...
456K 11.9K 38
Can you imagine if your parents get divorced and they send you to boarding school?Linda manages to survive through her high school but she is a diffe...
806K 36.9K 36
[Completed] Sometimes, exes come back, and so do forgotten feelings. And if the universe hates you enough, it's your girlfriend's first love who show...