Enemies By Law

By Mysterious_Writer

Sapphire loved her family, especially her awkwardly still in love parents who she admired, so when she came b... More

Enemies By Law
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter ten: The unofficial date
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter 15

Chapter Fourteen

2.2K 54 4
By Mysterious_Writer

Trying to keep my eyes open was hard, extremely hard as I peered at the computer screen. I should have slept last night, but for some reason I just couldn't. I was tossing and turning and then got up to watch a movie and now it was eleven a.m. and my eyes were barely able to keep open.

I looked up at a coffee cup was placed on my desk, Stephen.

"You don't look great."

"I'm tired."

"Go home."

I shrugged, "I need to apply or more jobs. Is dad free today, I need to talk to him."

Stephen pulled a chair from the nearby desk, spinning around in it. "Meetings all day. How can I assist sister. At the cheap rate of one thousand, four hundred and thirty two dollars per minute."

"yeah...no thanks, god you think so highly of yourself." I did however, accept the coffee. It had milk, I wrinkled my nose. I took a sip and nearly choked.

"How much sugar did you put in this?"

"Not much," 

I didn't believe that, it tasted like cordial. I could barely taste the caffeine. "Where were you last night?"

"What do you mean?"

"Uh...heard you came home pretty late."

"Oh, just had dinner with a friend. Did Tristan tell you that?"

"Oh okay." Stephen stopped and then started spinning the other way and ignoring my question.

"Don't you have work to do." I asked after a while. He was starting to get super annoying. 

"Yeah...heaps. But I sort of don't want to do it." Stephen said, "But I probably should otherwise dad is going to tell me off again. He's so grumpy lately."

I could understand that, dad really wanted this tender. "Want me to help you?" I really shouldn't but i was procrastinating. 

"Nah. You're not smart enough."

I narrowed my eyes at Stephen and before I could clonk him in the head with the coffee cup he rushed off laughing. God he was annoying, how were we even related?

I stared back at the screen sighing at the job in front of me. Should i apply for it?

Hell...what do I have to lose. I might as well. 

Time goes by when you were busy. I stared at the clock, it was already the evening and I still hadn't seen dad. He really did have meetings all day.

I looked at my phone, three missed calls from Preston. I sighed, why can't he just text me? I really hated talking on the phone.

Maybe I should call him back.

"You're still here."

I looked up.

"Oh hey Tristan."

"Where were you last night."

I rolled my eyes, straight to the point. "What do you mean?"

"you were home late...who were you on a date with."

"Geez Louise...none of your damn business." I sighed leaning back in my chair. Tristan raised an eyebrow looking at me, "Really?"

I nodded, really

"What's his name?"

I rolled my eyes, "Why did you assume it's a he. It could be a girl."

"Alright, what's her name then."

"Either way Tristan, leave me alone I'm not telling you who I went on a date with, that's so weird."

"So it was a date, you admit it."

"Tristan..." I dragged out his name getting annoyed, I bet Stephen was putting him up to this. He just wants news on me so he could blackmail me later to do his laundry for him.

"Want to get food?"

"Huh?" I asked getting caught by a different change of topic.

"I haven't eaten all day and I'm really hungry." 

I shrugged, I hadn't either. "Where are we going?"

Tristan shrugged on the jacket he was holding, and I wondered why he was also so formally dressed up. I didn't realise driving dad around meant he had to dress up the part as well.

"There's this food truck down the corner. They make alright pizzas."

"Done." I did love a good pepperoni pizza.

Even though we could have walked down the corner, Tristan insisted that we had to drive down in case we got sick.

The five minute walk turned into a twenty minute car drive since traffic at this time was terrible.

"Don't say it."

I turned my head to look at Tristan. He was staring at the road, jaw clenched and a tight grip on the steering wheel.

"Say what?" I asked. 

Tristan turned to look at me, and sighed, "I know you want to say it."

I sat up straighter in the seat, "Hmmm." i said loudly as he turned into t he small car park, "Do you mean, I was right again, like I always am?"

Tristan muttered something under his breathe as he quickly parked the car, "I'm starving."

"I think someone is a bit h-angry don't you?" 

"Shut up Sapphire."

I couldn't help but laugh at how annoyed he was, or how fast he made a bee line to the food truck either. 

By the time I caught up he had already ordered and found  a table. 

"What did you get?"

"BBQ Chicken, it's the best." he said as I wrinkled my nose, I wasn't a big fan of bbq sauce just covering a pizza, "And pepperoni for you."

"Oh yay thanks! You remembered it was my favourite."

"How could I forget, we were seven when you trying choking me for taking your piece."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yep, at Stephens birthday party. I still have a scar on the side of my throat from your nails."

"No way, you're such a liar."

Tristan turned to look at me, really look at me staring into my eyes, "You want to see?"

Surely not...

Luckily, his order was called and he went to get the pizzas. He placed two slices of pepperoni pizza in front of me, and he had just one BBQ Chicken. They were pretty big slices and just looking at them I knew even one was going to be too much for me. 

I picked up a piece of crispy pepperoni, placing it in my mouth nearly sighing at how good it tasted. Tangy, saucy and cheesy. Just the way I like it.

"Good?" Tristan asked as he took a bite off his own slice.

"It's perfect." 

Tristan smiled, "See...isn't this better than shitty hotel food?"

I raised my eyebrows, of course he knew where I went.

an update every 3 years, aren't I just fantastic! Really trying to make more than one update a week but it is hard. But on a real note, I had started full time work and I just don't get enough time to sit in front of my laptop and write...which I really miss. I've also been trying to work on a project, of getting my works on a website for you to be able to buy the finished copy.

After publishing MBL I was getting ripped off big time and it sucks that I can't make any money off this when other big organisations are and I lost motivation to write after that. I was hitting a lazy factor where i wanted to but i don't have time or energy after working 10 hour days and travelling for 3 hours each day. 

 SO meanwhile I'm trying to find a way to publish all this stuff for free and still try to make a living.

So apologies for the late updates, hopefully you guys aren't hating me too much !

Much love xx

insta: imsooverpolice 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 40.5K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...
67.5K 3.3K 41
There are things you need to know about Ally aka Allison Hart : 1) She's a hotshot lawyer with a hundred percent win record. 2) She must get marrie...
40.1M 424K 37
What happens when two are summoned together by a long remembered deal between two enemies to force their alliance in the industry business. Heartbrok...
4M 141K 46
#8 in Romance (September 13 2016) COMPLETED Expectations are something which truly mock you in the face. When you expect more you get less. Tiffany D...