The Ice Princess and The Bad...

Od HanxFifi

Violet Preston has what every girl desires-wealth, beauty, brains and talent. However, Violet is cold, dista... Více

The Ice Princess and The Bad Boy
Chapter One - Paint Splattered Guitar
Chapter Two - Bad Luck Strikes
Chapter Three - Lover's Quarrel?
Chapter Four - Never Ending Surprises
Chapter Five - The Childhood "Friend"
Chapter Six - A Bet In Music Class
Chapter Seven - Conquering Stage Fright
Chapter Eight - From A Smile To Non-Stop Tears
Chapter Nine - A Recipe For Disaster
Chapter Ten - Advice From The Weirdo Sister
Chapter Eleven - Kidnapped, Tied Up, and Bruised
Chapter Twelve - Stuck In The Middle Of Nowhere
Chapter Thirteen - No Longer Acquainends And Officially Friends
Chapter Fourteen - Something's Up
Chapter Fifteen - Danger
Chapter Sixteen - Gone
Chapter Seventeen - The Great Escape
Chapter Eighteen - The Final Performance
Chapter Nineteen - The Winter Art Show
Chapter Twenty - Personal Bubble
Chapter Twenty-One - Late Night Fun
Chapter Twenty-Two - Meet the Grandma
Chapter Twenty-Three - Tug a war Between the Desmonds
Chapter Twenty-Four - Crunchy Dessert
Chapter Twenty-Five - Worst Memory
Chapter Twenty-Six - Oh Mighty Genius
Chapter Twenty-Seven -Senior's Karaoke Night
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Let It Out
Chapter Twenty-Nine - News Frenzy
Chapter Thirty - Accidental Eavesdroppers
Chapter Thirty-One - Kidnapped, Tied Up, and Bruised 2.0
Chapter Thirty-Two - Sealed Lips
Chapter Thirty-Three - Grandma Reveals All
Chapter Thirty-Four - People I Call Friends
Chapter Thirty-Five - Operation S In Motion
Chapter Thirty-Six - This Is The End
Bonus Chapter - 'Happy Aunt Serena is in Jail/Graduation' Party
Live Broadcast w/ Violet Preston

Chapter Thirty-Seven - Case Closed

2.2K 68 13
Od HanxFifi

{Chapter Thirty-Seven - Case Closed}

I opened my eyes to find Eli dozing off in the chair next to my bed.  I inhaled the smell of hand sanitizer and mustiness and I knew right away that I was in
the hospital.

I leaned over to the edge of the bed and with the arm of my uninjured side, I poked Eli's cheek.  He was so adorable and innocent when he slept.  His eyes immediately opened and he pulled me into a hug.

"Eli, you were drooling," I lied.

"I don't drool sweet pea.  Don't think you can fool me." He grinned at me and pulled me into another hug.  "Don't you ever do that to me again.  I was so worried and you know I won't look as good if I'm stressed about you," he stated.

We pulled apart just as the door swung open and Grayson came rushing in.  Seeing him instantly brought down my mood.  Eli got up and looked at Grayson while he said, "I'll leave you two to talk."

Once Eli leave, I gave Grayson an expressionless look and he looked down at the floor nervously.  "I'm sorry," he said in a low voice.  "I was wrong about Eli's dad and I had no idea that Aunt Serena was behind everything.  I mean if I only knew that it was Aunt Serena, I could have prevented you from getting shot."

"This wasn't your fault," I replied.

"But I was supposed to protect you!  It is my fault for letting you get hurt!" He exclaimed.

"Shut up Grayson.  I'm alive, it's fine."

"So you'll forgive me?" He asked, looking hopeful.

"No," I lied, trying to bite back a smile when his face immediately fell.  "But you can sit with us again."

"That's good enough for me!" Grayson said happily and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Ow, ow.  I just got shot in this shoulder...twice if you've forgotten."

He pulled back very fast as soon as I said that and fell backwards onto the ground.  I broke out laughing at him and he simply glared at me while he rubbed his bottom.  I missed Grayson and his stupidity. He was the best entertainment one could have around.

Then Carly and Ali barged into the room with Eli trailing behind. "What did I miss?" Eli asked as he looked from Grayson who was still on the ground to me laughing and back to Grayson again.  "Nevermind.  I don't want to know."

"Good news Violet!!!" Ali exclaimed excitedly, not giving a care towards Grayson.  She had long gotten over her crush on him when she got together with Hayden. "Carly tell her."

"I opened the lock before the police got to Serena's house and guess what I found?  There was stuff concerning inheritances, wills, a DNA test with your dad and your late grandfather, list of workers and a prepaid phone which sent you the text with the threat," Carly said, "she wasn't too smart covering her tracks."

"Wow...so it was all in the drawer then."

"Yep.  I gave it to the police.  My dad knows the chief," Carly said.

Then I remembered about Mr. Desmond.  "I guess your dad is really..." I looked at Eli and Ali, suddenly feeling immensely sorry.

"The funeral is in two days," Ali said.

"I'm so sorry," I said, looking down at the ground.

"Hey," Eli started, lifting up my chin. "It's not your fault. None of this is your fault. We should all be blaming your Aunt. Let's hope they sentence her to life in prison."

"They most likely will for first degree murder of Mr. Preston, second degree murder of Mr. Desmond, and attempted murder of Violet. She has so much charges laid against her in addition to that," Carly said and turned to me. "Violet, we need you to stand as witness to testify against your Aunt. Your mom and Grayson are going to the stand as well."

"Alright. When?"

"The court hearing is tomorrow morning."

I nodded and the following morning just after I was released from the hospital, I was driven straight to court by Eli.

"Are you ready?" Eli asked, holding my hand with his free hand while he handled the steering wheel with the other.

"Yeah. I'm ready to send this witch to prison and let her rot there," I replied with determination written all over my face. Getting shot twice in the shoulder was icing on the cake to the hatred I had built towards Aunt Serena.

Once we arrived at the courthouse and then the court room, we waited anxiously for everyone to arrive so that the hearing could begin. A few minutes later, the judges and the jury arrived. When Aunt Serena came out wearing an orange jumpsuit, her eyes immediately darted at me and my mom with intense hatred. I simply returned the glare until I was called to the stand and I recalled everything that had happened out loud. Afterwards, I left the stand and the others were called to testify.

After the verdict was read, the clerk pushed up his glasses before announcing, "the jury finds the defendant guilty."

There were large smiles between all of us. My mom hugged me. Justice was at last served.

"The jury is thanked and excused.  Court is adjourned," the judge dismissed.

Just as the officers were dragging Aunt Serena away, she looked dead at me. "I should have thrown you away too  like I did with your sister!" She yelled angrily as the officers held her back from coming at me.

"Well, it's a shame you didn't," I said, flashing her a small smile.

"You will pay for this! You all will pay for this!" She exclaimed loudly, causing a scene.

"We're not the ones who did anything wrong. You're the one paying for your crimes," my mom stated and we all nodded in agreement.

"Bye Serena. See you never," I said as she was finally dragged out of the room.

"You know what we should do? We should throw a party!" Grayson suddenly suggested.

"Like a 'Hooray, we put Aunt Serena in jail at last' party?" I cocked a brow at him.

"Exactly!"

"I don't mind. A party sounds fun." Eli grinned widely.

"Party it is!"

"Maybe we should save the grand party for after graduation guys," my mom suggested. "We'll have a big celebration then. You guys graduate in about two months anyways."

We all nodded in agreement with my mom.

• • • • •

Today was the last concert of my high school career.  As much as I hated performing in front of people before, now it wasn't as bad for me.  I think I even enjoy singing out loud now.

"Violet, you're on in two minutes," Ms. Teri said, giving me an encouraging smile.

I nodded and took one last sip of water before trying to shake my nerves off. "Ahhhhhhhhh," I chanted, jumping up and down to calm myself.

"I see you'll using a new technique," Eli said with a sly smile.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in the audience?" I asked him.

"I just wanted to give you a good luck kiss," he stated and wasted no time pulling me toward him so that he could kiss my lips. It was short, but sweet. "Break a leg, sweet pea."

"Thanks," I said and he simply shot me a smile before shoving me onto the stage.

The curtain in front of me began to open and I stepped out. The background music began and I readied myself to sing. I began singing with ease and loudly. Just as I was finding my groove with the song, the power cut off. The whole auditorium went pit black as the spotlight cut off along with the music. There were a lot of chattering amongst the crowd. Twenty seconds later, the power was back on and so the music. However, instead of my soundtrack, 'Don't you want me' by the Human League started playing. What was going on?

Suddenly, Eli emerged onto the stage, changed into a neat suit with his hair gelled back. "Sorry I had to cut your performance short, sweet pea," he spoke into the mic he was holding. "I also know you hate stuff that draws attention to you so I'm sorry for what I'm about to do." Eli looked the least bit sorry when he said that and started singing along to the chorus of the track.

"Don't, don't you want me?
You know I can't believe it
When I hear that you won't see me.
Don't, don't you want me?
You know I don't believe you
When you say that you don't need me.
It's much to late to find
When you think you've changed your mind.
You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry.
Don't you want me, baby?
Don't you want me, oh?
Don't you want me, baby?
Don't you want me, oh?"

I couldn't help but laugh at how cheesy the music was and Eli's ridiculous dancing.  I focused on Eli's performance and forgot about the other people watching the audience.  He even attempted to get me dancing, but I didn't budge and continued to laugh at him.

He stopped singing after the chorus as he let the track run on its own.  Someone from backstage threw him a bouquet which he swiftly caught and suddenly walked closer towards me.  Next, Ali, Carly, Hayden, Roy, and Isabelle strolled out on stage with a large banner that read, "Will you go to prom with me?"

Everyone in the crowd started cheering and chanting, "say yes" repeatedly.

"So will you go to prom with me?" Eli asked me, handing me the bouquet of roses.

"Yes," I said, accepting his roses.

There was a huge applause from the audience and cheers.  "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"  Everyone stated chanting loudly at us.

Of course like last time when the old lady told us to, Eli satisfied the crowd's wishes.  He smirked at me before leaning in, kissing me passionately in front of everyone.

~La Fin~

"This is definitely going on YouTube!"  Someone from the audience interrupted our kiss.  We both turned around to find none other than Grayson filming us with his phone.

"Grayson!!!" We both yelled at him.

"Oops..." Grayson's eyes widened when he realized he spoken his thoughts out loud and ruined the moment.

Suddenly, a pink slipper came flying out of nowhere and hit the back of Grayson's head, knocking him forward and down to the ground. There was an outpour of concern from Grayson's fan girls in the audience rushing to help him.

Grandma Lili was sitting in the front row with Senior Eli beside her. "Go on kids," she smiled at us.

"Thanks Grandma Lili," Eli smiled back at her before pulling me into a passionate kiss...yet again.

~La Fin, La Fin~

------------

You guys have reached the end of this story. However, if you guys want me to write a bonus chapter, make sure to vote and comment and we'll see ;) Thank you for staying with me for so long and reading all the way to the end.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

369K 6.8K 66
"What did he - Where did he touch you?" His voice had hardened, mad. I swallowed and looked down. "You son of a-" He walked off the porch, angrily ru...
13.9K 1.4K 40
Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or even the relationship between two loving h...
847K 16.9K 73
{𝘉𝘖𝘖𝘒 𝘛𝘞𝘖 𝘖𝘍 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌𝘓𝘌𝘚𝘚 𝘛𝘙𝘐𝘓𝘖𝘎𝘠} The perfect picture of elegance. It's all Violet Amory's known - the foundation of the...
183K 3.9K 23
COMPLETED A new boy joins the class and is anything but ordinary. Rafe is frantic, reckless, and unpredictable. He takes a seat next to the orphaned...