Always (A Daryl Dixon/ The Wa...

Por ree_louise

"It's you and me Daryl, like it always has been." I say, looking into his dark blue eyes. "The way it always... Mais

Chapter 1 - Where It All Began
Chapter 2 - Car Troubles
Chapter 3 - It's Only Just The Beginning
Chapter 4 - Camping
Chapter 5 - Introductions
Chapter 6 - Guts
Chapter 7 - Tell It To The Frogs
Chapter 8 - Vatos
Chapter 9 - Wildfire
Chapter 10 - TS-19
Chapter 11 - What Lies Ahead
Chapter 12 - Bloodletting
Chapter 13 - Save The Last One
Chapter 14 - Cherokee Rose
Chapter 15 - Chupacabra
Chapter 16 - Pretty Much Dead Already
Chapter 17 - Nebraska
Chapter 18 - Triggerfinger
Chapter 19 - Judge, Jury, Executioner
Chapter 20 - Better Angels
Chapter 21 - Beside The Dying Fire
Chapter 22 - Seed
Chapter 23 - Sick
Chapter 24 - Killer Within
Chapter 25 - Hounded
Chapter 26 - When The Dead Come Knocking
Chapter 27 - Made To Suffer
Chapter 28 - The Suicide King
Chapter 29 - Home
Chapter 30 - I Ain't Judas
Chapter 31 - Arrow On The Doorpost
Chapter 32 - This Sorrowful Life
Chapter 33 - Welcome To The Tombs
Chapter 34 - 30 Days Without An Accident
Chapter 35 - Infected
Chapter 36 - Isolation
Chapter 37 - Indifference
Chapter 38 - The Devil Returns
Chapter 39 - Inmates/ The Grove
Chapter 40 - No Sanctuary
Chapter 41 - Revalations
Chapter 42 - Strangers
Chapter 43 - Four Walls And A Roof
Chapter 44 - Crossed
Chapter 45 - Coda
Chapter 46 - What Happened and What's Going on
Chapter 47 - Them
Chapter 48 - The Distance
Chapter 49 - Remember
Chapter 50 - Forget
Chapter 51 - Try/Conquer
Chapter 52 - First Time Again
Chapter 53 - Thank You
Chapter 54 - Now/ Heads Up
Chapter 55 - Start To Finish/ No Way Out
Chapter 56 - Knots Untie
Chapter 57 - Not Tomorrow Yet/ The Same Boat
Chapter 58 - Twice As Far
Chapter 59 - East
Chapter 60 - Last Day On Earth
Chapter 62 - Home
Chapter 63 - Transitioning
Chapter 64 - Manipulations & Truths Revealed
Chapter 65 - The Kingdom
Chapter 66 - A Change In The Game
Chapter 67 - Hell Have No Fury Like A Negan Scorned
Chapter 68 - The Beginning Of War
Chapter 69 - An Unlikely Ally
Chapter 70 - Taking A Step Back
Chapter 71 - All's Fair In Love and War
Chapter 72 - Taking Refuge And Making New Strategys
Chapter 73 - The Final Stand
Epilogue - Where It All Ends

Chapter 61 - New World Order

2.7K 73 17
Por ree_louise

Hey guys,
Just a quick note that from now on in this story is my own ideas and inspirations from the comic book series. In no way are there any spoilers from the show because I have no way of knowing like the rest of you until October. This is just my interpretation of how I want the story will go. I hope you all enjoy, thank you.

Marie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My whole body shakes as I watch the bat swing down and collide with the top of Abraham's head. He stumbles down and the roars of the men around us begin to light up, them thirsty for his blood. I hear the screams from Sasha down the end, as well as all of our yelling combined.

"Look at that! Taking it like a champ!" Negan cheers, watching on in amazement.

Abraham straightens back up and looks him in the eye when Negan swings the bat down again, the barbed wire ripping at the flesh on Abraham's head. Tears stream down my face as I cry out, seeing blood pour down the front of his face. Negan swings the bat again and he falls down, not being able to move up anymore.

Abraham looks around deliriously and his eyes meet mine for a brief moment, nothing but pain in them. Negan swings the bat again and again, caving his head in and blood sprays up and hits me in the face. Maggie grips onto my leg and I grip onto the back of her shirt, the both of us taking in the horror before us. Soon Negan stops and straightens up, smiling down at Abraham's mangled body. The roars of the men and the tears and cries of our group being the only sounds I can hear.

Suddenly the men begin to quiet down, though our cries continue on, "That was awesome." Negan states, wonder in his voice, "I mean I have never seen someone take a beating that good. Lucille loved it, she's one thirsty girl." He says, looking at his bat lovingly.

He glances over at Rick and walks towards him, a large smile on his face, "That wasn't so bad. Was it?"

"I'm gonna kill you." He whispers, fury in his tone.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Speak up?" Negan says, cupping his ear and leaning down.

Rick looks him in the eye, tears streaming down his face as he speaks louder, "Not today, not tomorrow... But I will kill you."

Negan laughs and shakes his head before leaning forward, his face mere inches from Rick's, "No you won't. Your best chance is right now."

He straightens up and holds his arms out, smiling down at Rick, "Stand up and put a knife in my throat, better yet drive an axe into my face. Because as soon as my body hits the ground my saviours will mess you guys up until your insides are outside. Worse then this guy over here." He says, gesturing to Abraham's body.

"You want to keep acting tough? Like I still need to break you then go ahead. How about a couple of my boys come and take your son, make him look even more like a serial killer? I know a few that'd be into that. Go ahead and test me." He says, his eyes alive.

Suddenly his fist swings forward and punches Rick in the ribs and he falls to the ground, clutching at his side as Negan rises to his feet, "I know this is hard for you. You've been 'King Shit' around here for so long now. Bossing people around, being in charge... I bet you're addicted to the power. I also bet you thought you had this whole thing figured out. Managing the dead, gathering supplies, working together, probably been a long time since the last person sided before we came along."

He tilts his head to the side, "That's all over now. Done. Gone. Dead. It's time for something new."

He lifts his arm up into the air and waves his hand, the men beginning to walk away and climb into their cars as Negan continues to speak, "Everything has changed Rick, things are going to be different from now on. You're entering a new world. It didn't have to be a painful birth, you made it that way. I just hope, for your sake, you've finally realised how things work and where you stand in all of this. Things have changed Rick. Whatever you had going for you... That over. You answer to me. You provide for me. You belong to me. Welcome to a brand new beginning." He says, looking around at all of us.

He turns and begins to walk away to one of the cars that has started, "We'll come for our first offering in one week. Until then... Ta Ta."

He climbs into the front of a jeep and soon it speeds off, the rest of the cars and motorbikes following after him. We all stay there frozen in our spots, unable to move. My eyes are locked on Abraham's body, looking at the caved in head and seeing nothing left of the man before. I'm shaking uncontrollably now and I feel the bile rise in my throat. I can't hold it back and I lean forward, letting myself be sick.

I pull back and wipe at my mouth in time to see Sasha running over, her face contorted in pain, "Abraham!"

She kneels down beside his body with her hands fluttering over his body, her eyes searching all over him. Rick, after a moment, slowly crawls over from beside Maggie and places his hand on her shoulder, but she turns and pushes him onto his back, "Don't touch me!" She screams before turning back to the body.

He looks over at her with wide eyes and Michonne comes over and kneels down beside him, Carl crawling rushing to his side. I turn and see Glenn coming over and I see Daryl looking at Sasha and Abraham. I stumble to my feet and rush over to him, dropping on my knees in front of him.

"Dare." I breath, wrapping my arms around him with tears in my eyes.

He lets out a cry and I pull back, looking down at his injured shoulder. I reach forward and lift the blanket up, seeing a gaping bullet wound in his shoulder.

"God, what happened?" I gasp, trying my best not to be sick again.

"Nothing." He says weakly and I shake my head, "No Dare, this is serious. We need to get you to the doctor right away."

"We can't leave now." He whispers, looking past me and I hear Sasha crying from behind us, letting out gut wrenching sobs.

He turns and looks back at me and I can't help the tears flowing from my eyes. He reaches up with his good arm and wipes at my face. He pulls his hand back and I see blood staining his fingertips, Abraham's to be precise. Suddenly everything catches up with me, all of emotions from this horrific day. They begin to bubble to surface and I try to breath it out, but it's not working. Instead a choking sensation coming over my body.

"Bree." Daryl whispers, holding my face and making me look into his eyes, "You need to calm down the okay? Take deep breaths."

I follow his lead and begin to take deep breaths, trying my best to calm myself down and it seems to work somewhat though the pain doesn't seem to disappear. So much has happened today, one of the worst days of my life. I thought I had witnessed the worst this world had to offer, however I was so wrong. This man, Negan, he is the worst person imaginable. He makes Dean look like a child and I know that we are screwed now. The hopelessness of the group right now, the brokenness, I'm not sure if we are going to be able to make it past this. And that thought scares the living hell out of me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lay back on the table with my hands folded above my stomach, my eyes looking towards the small screen. Doctor Carson holds the wand to my stomach and moves it around to get a clear image. I pick at my fingernails to distract myself, though I know there's no use. We arrived at the hilltop earlier on in the morning, Jesus and Gregory surprised to see us. Daryl and Maggie were rushed to Doctor Carson while the rest of us explained what happened to the two men. For now we've been put up in a few rooms while we wait here for Daryl and Maggie to recover.

"There is your baby." He says, breaking the silence and snapping me back to the present, him pointing to the screen.

I lean up on my elbows and take in the small circle on the screen. It's tiny, nothing bigger than say a walnut. But it's so much more than that, it's a human life. Emotion overcomes me and I reach my hand up, tears falling down the side. Doctor Carson turns and looks at me with sad eyes, however he doesn't say anything. Instead he turns and presses a button on the machine, an image beginning to print out from inside. Eventually it's done and I sit up properly, wiping at my eyes.

"Here you go Bree." He says, handing the photograph to me.

I take at look down at it for a moment before letting out a shaky breath and looking up at him, "Do you know how far along I am?" I ask.

He nods and looks down at the image, "From the size of the foetus, you shouldn't be more than six to seven weeks pregnant. Meaning that you are still in your first trimester."

I remain still and think back, lining up the timeline to during that two month period of piece we had after the walkers filled Alexandria. Back then everything was so peaceful, seemed like we had everything under control. Little did we know that things were going to change for the worst.

I wipe at my eyes once more before climbing off of the bed and looking up at him, "Do you mind if we go check up on Daryl?"

He shakes his head, "No that's fine, he needs another round of painkillers and antibiotics."

I nod and fold the photograph in half before tucking it into my back pocket. He grabs the pill bottles and begins to walk out, me following closely behind him. As we walk down the halls I look over to him, "So he's going to be fine right?"

He nods his head, "Admittedly, I was worried about how good of a job I could do on an injury as severe as his. However after taking a look at it and doing some extensive work, I am confident that with a substantial healing time and a lot of physical therapy he can be back to normal in a few months."

I let out a breath of relief and nod my head, "That's great to hear. I know that he's going to hate not being able to use his arm for that long though."

"Well he can't use it properly until it's completely healed or he will risk further damage." He states and I nod my head, "Don't worry, I'll make sure he won't."

We turn down the hallway towards Daryl's room and I pull onto Doctor Carson's coat, him coming to a stop. I glance towards Daryl's door before turning to him, "Please don't mention anything about the baby. I don't want to add to all the stress right now."

He looks at me for a moment before giving me a small nod, "Of course."

"Thank you." I whisper.

We both turn and walk to the door before I open it slightly, popping my head into the room. I see him propped up on the bed, an IV bag and blood bag connected to his arm that is bandaged up. His eyes are closed and I slowly make my way in and tip toe my way over to his good side. I reach my hand down and gently grasp at his hand before leaning towards his ear, "Dare baby, Doctor Carson's here to check up on you."

His eyes flutter open and look around for a moment before landing on my face. He glances towards the blood before closing his eyes and letting out a breath through his nose. He opens them and looks over towards the Doctor, "Hope you got more pills for me Doc, cause this hurts like a bitch." He says, shifting up in bed.

"That I do Mr Dixon, a round of antibiotics and painkillers. While you take those, I'm also going to check your IV and blood bad as well as your stitching and make sure there isn't an infection." He explains, placing the bottles on the bed beside him.

He opens up the first bottle and pours out two pills, handing them to me as well as the second lot. I grab the glass of water by his bed and turn to him, grabbing one of the pills, "Open up." I say, looking down at him.

He opens his mouth and I place on in before lifting the glass to his lips. He takes a quick sip and swallows the pill while the doctor checks out his shoulder. Daryl winces at his light probes as he takes his pills and soon they're all gone. Doctor Carson gets to his feet and looks down at him, "The swelling seems to have gone down somewhat and there is no sign of infection. However as I was telling Bree, it will take a while but you should return to your normal functioning within a few months."

"What am I meant to do until then?" He asks.

"Rest, give yourself time to heal. You can't rush this Mr Dixon, I'm telling you that now." He says, giving him a serious look.

They stare at one another for a moment before Daryl nods his head, "Thanks Doc."

He nods and glances at me for a moment before grabbing the pills and turning and making his way out of the room. He closes the door behind him and I turn and look down at Daryl, noticing he has more colour in his face now.

"You seem to be looking better." I murmur, reaching up and running my fingers through his hair.

"Really? Cause I feel like shit." He mutters.

"You look like it too." I say, a weak smile coming to my lips.

He looks at me for a long moment, "How're you feeling?"

I reach my hand up and run it through my ratted hair and let out a long sigh, "I feel... I don't even have the words. There aren't any words to describe how I'm feeling. I mean he was our friend Dare, our family. And now he's gone. To have that happen to him, no less than a metre away from me... " I trail off, pain in my heart and images flash through my mind.

He gives my hand a gentle squeeze before he speaks, "The others?"

"Sasha... She's refused to leave his side. She's been out there for hours now, not moving. It's worse than when it was with Bob, there's absolutely no emotion. I have no idea how to help her, what to say or do. And Rick, he's refused to leave his room. He's feeling so guilty, for everything and I know Michonne and Carl are in there trying to help him but I'm not so sure if he can be."

"Maggie? The baby?" He asks.

I nod my head, "Doctor Carson checked her out, found some sort of infection that must have come from when she was captured by those saviours... He's given her some meds to hopefully clear it up, but it's a waiting game at the moment."

We sit there for a long moment and before he reaches up and pulls me down beside him on the large bed. I curl into his side as he wraps his good arm around me, holding me tight to his body. As I lay there my mind runs wild, so many different thoughts coming through my mind. I wonder how everyone is back home, were thy attacked as well? What about Carol and Morgan? Have they returned?

So many things are left floating up in the air with no way of really sorting it all out. One thing for certain is that things have changed and there's no way they're ever going to get back to the way they used to be. They can't be. There's a new world order, and we're at the bottom of the food chain.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

132K 3.6K 79
'𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝘼𝙘𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚...' *** H...
19.2K 831 31
Grace never thought she would be stuck with the Dixons in the apocalyptic world that they are now in. She didn't choose to be with the brothers, yet...
12.5K 558 13
Several bodies are found in the area of a small town. In this town lives Daryl, the killer of all those people. The investigation goes on, the profil...
32.6K 1.1K 37
Following on from the original Daryl's girl, a lot of things have changed in Lily's life. No one knows when or how the world will go back to the way...