OLD VERSION! DONT READ!

De MoniqueTheRippah

What is a maiden? A beautiful young virgin female. What maiden is unwanted? Mercy. Mercy is a young girl in v... Mai multe

/Prologue/
/Chapter One/ Talking To The Moon/
/Chapter Two/ A Feast To Remember/
/Chapter Three/ The Cute Stable Boy/
/Chapter Four/ The Duke Has A Secret.../
/Chapter Five/The Ritual Of Age/
/Chapter Six/Forgive My Hesitation/
/Chapter Seven/ A Will Full of Surprises/Part One
/Chapter Seven/ Part Two/
/Chapter Eight/ Remembering Alexander/
/Chapter Nine/ Begging For Mercy/
Chapter Ten/ Meeting The Queen/
/Chapter Eleven/ Betrayal/
/Chapter Thirteen/ Mother/
/Chapter Fourteen/ Questions.
/Chapter Fifteen/ The Recovery Mission/

Chapter Twelve/ A Promise Not To Be Broken/

3.1K 23 7
De MoniqueTheRippah

I hope you enjoy this! It isn't much but i'm going to try and i mean TRY and upload by wednesday of next week. There's a lot more homework now :// Anywho! Enjoy xxxxxxxxxxx

_______________________

© All Rights Reserved To D.S Lemonius.

Chapter Twelve: A Promise Not To Be Broken.

I ran up to the door, shoulder first in attempt to break it down but slid down to the floor unsuccessful. Not stopping to take another breath, I tried again to ram the door down, again unsuccessful. Anyone would have given up by now but not me. I had to get out of here and stop my father. The thought of that sword and Alexander made my heart race and the tears flow even harder. I couldn’t stop, I just couldn’t. I owed Alexander and I won’t let him down. I got up and ran at the door again, over and over till my sleeve was torn and blood was flowing fast from a graze. The prickly feeling of pain travelled up and down my arms as if someone was stabbing me with needles.

The door should have broken open by now, I should have been able to break it down. As far as I was concerned, father hadn’t locked it when he went out. I inspected the door and saw thin, dark grey line over the door. Had father bolted the door? I rubbed my stinging shoulder and stretched my arms and sighed. I needed to hurry.

Concentrating as much energy as I could, I summoned fire to try and melt the bars away. After the metal blazed red and the scorching heat it gave off subsided, I saw that nothing had visibly changed. He must have done this on purpose, he must have muttered a spell as I began to weep on the floor when he left. An unbreakable prison.

All I could think about was that right now, my father could be driving that sword in Alexander’s chest or various other place that hurt a lot and would make him die slowly. I should have seen it before, I should have seen how unstable my father was and done something. I passed it off as loneliness and depression in the past when it was more than that. Losing mother not only ripped his heart out but also ripped apart his mind.

His plan made much more sense now. He was going to have me marry him then on the wedding night, before I was going to give myself over to Alexander, I was to slice him with a dagger so deeply the room would have splatters of blood on the wall. I was to watch him writhe in agony and listen to his pleads for mercy. Father told me it would be sweet music to my ears but when he told me I was horrified. You just do not do that to a person. Only a sick mind could find that amusing…his. Father told me he was working on his worst potion yet. It would take three days to brew and was to be in time for my wedding; before it was re-scheduled. He was going to get me to slather the mixture on his wounds and it would be like chilly powder but burn him a hundred times worse. I remember when he sat me to tell me of this plan and how I was on the brink of tears. He told me to be more mature so I had to listen to what he wanted me to do next. He wanted me to make a demon using some of his old facilities and watch it torture him further; prodding, poking and ripping more of Alexander’s’ skins. Then I would leave then and set the room ablaze on a slow, roaring fire, ending his misery slowly and painfully.

Thinking over the plan made me just kick and scream on the floor. To think I let him convince me that Alexander deserved this fate! What if I had done the plan? Without knowing what a sad soul he held. I wanted to kill him, I wanted him to die painfully at one time but I do not anymore. At anyone’s hands. He needs his burdens lifted, not his ghost.

In another attempt to escape, I pulled as much energy I could from everything far and near. It was extremely exhausting work. I used people and animals nearby energy so they probably needed to rest a bit. I could see the power surging in my hands and saw balls of purple fire curl up in my palms. I threw them at the door, causing a thunder like crack to shake the room.

The door stubbornly remained unchanged. I felt like a child – helpless and powerless. I couldn’t get out.

“NO!” I screamed crumbling to the floor in defeat.

“That was…impressive!” said someone behind me. Nathaniel had got off of the work desk and stood a few feet away from me. I expected him to be terrified...maybe relieving himself in fear but there was nothing. Only a childlike look of complete amazement was on his face.

“Nathaniel! I…I can explain.” I quickly said, but decided it was not worth the trouble of trying to cover up what I was anymore. My world was filled with dread. I felt I had lost something so precious. I’d lost my heart and as it was so vital in my life, I’d die without it. Alexander was my heart. He is probably gone now and I felt I could curl up and die and maybe our souls would meet as he went to heaven and I probably descend anywhere else. “Just…just get it over with.” I sighed.

“What do you mean?” he asked, puzzled.

“Call a crowd with fire and swords and other weaponry and kill me. Inform the village people a witch is among them. I just want to die right now. I don’t think I could live another minute more.”

Nathaniel watched as the tears kept pouring down my face and shook his head. “I wouldn’t do that. I knew you were a witch from the day I met you. If I was going to get you killed it would have been done by now.” He explained and put a friendly arm around me.

I sniffled, “you always knew? How?”

Nathaniel shrugged. “I just did. I knew you were different and it was…er…no human could be that beautiful,” he said. “At first it was just a humerous assumption ‘she must be magical’ I thought but yiuy act so different. You do things with such caution as if you were hiding something. Then I saw you do that fire thing and I knew you weren’t the same kind as others.” I soaked up all this information. He made it seam so obviously as if I had a sign around my neck saying, ‘I’m human but I do magic tricks! Guess what I am!’

“And,” Nathaniel continued, “my horse Bella doesn’t like being ridden by strangers and as you stepped in she adored you. She was stirring in her stable and wanted to pick you up on her back and ride off into the countryside. She would not stop badgering me for you to come back and ride her again and scowling me for frightening her and almost getting you hurt.”

“Oh.” I breathed. “Wait, you talk as though Bella actually communicates with you.” I mused in my head but shook the thought off. I guess he just really liked that horse. “Did you frighten her on purpose?”

Nathaniel ran his hands through his hair, looking a little guilty. “Um…as I said Bella doesn’t like being ridden by anyone other than me so I was a tad bit jealous of her practically screaming for you.”

I managed to tug one corner of my mouth up a little. “You were jealous of me? Over a horse?”

“Hey, Bella means a lot to me. She’s one the only thing that was capable of knocking out Beatrice with her hind legs. I don’t like sharing her.”

I guess I understood. My father had once hatched a tiny dwarf dragon’s egg and I had to let my brother play with it as well as me.

“Now I managed to lighten the mood, would you care to explain why I’m so torn up and why you’re trying blasting a door down?”

As calmly as I could, I explained everything and I mean everything; the plan, the crash and my father going insane. He soaked up all the new information and winced a little at some of the gruesome details like how he looked after the crash and how I was to kill Alexander. I told him my father was going to kill Alexander. I wasn’t sure I was to share so much all at once but I had to tell someone – I wouldn’t tell Marylyn because she would…god knows what she’d do. To be honest, I just wanted to see how bad I looked from another person’s point of view.

“I don’t know what to say,” he finally breathed after a long while of silence. “This is…awful.” He had this look on his face that showed he had a lot of sympathy. I didn’t deserve the sympathy, Alexander was the one caught in the middle of this whole situation. My poor sweet Alexander…he doesn’t stand a chance against my father.

“It’s all my fault,” I muttered.

“Oh Mercy,” he said, now putting both hands around me. “It’s not your fault, you were just…just…madly in love. You don’t think straight when you’re in love. You couldn’t have foreseen your father going crazy…” Nathaniel held me for a little while and I felt really…safe?

“Love made my father crazy, literally.” I commented, drying my tears a little.

“Mercy, you said you forgot to pull me out of the carriage when you foresaw us crashing…can you see the future at will?” he asked.

I pulled away from his arms and looked at him. “I suppose, if I try hard enough I would.” I didn’t usually try because I didn’t really like the idea of knowing something was going to happen ahead of time. People can’t see the future because the future is meant to be cloud for a reason. If everyone knew how things would turn out than that wasn’t life. It’s not exciting then.

“Then see where your father is.”

I thought for a moment but didn’t really want to. What if I saw him when he was killing my fiancée? It tears my heart up enough knowing he was going to be killed but seeing it would shatter me to pieces. I chocked back a cry and knew I had to do it anyway. If I saw how much further father was away from the villa then I could see how much more time I had to think of a plan to get out of here.

Closing my eyes, I focused on my father. I remembered all of his feature; the wispy black greying hair, deep from lines from his years of sadness and his coal black eyes. Once I got the clearest image of him inside of my head I inhaled as deeply as possible then slowly exhaled. “Show me Albus Thompson.”

Immediately, the image of father changed and I was now watching a sketchy looking father walking down the road. He looked as though a thousand thoughts were ragging in his head at once. Father was still in the village so I had some time at least. But then I noticed two terrifying things. Father was walking along the road of shops toward his own and he no longer had his sword. My vision cut off then and there and I screamed. Where was the sword?! Had he gone and come back already?! I thought I’d dried out all of my tears but I but into more. He…Alexander was gone. The deed was done. I caused this. Why would I agree to this? Why would I agree to marry him? These past weeks were the happiest of my life with a few exceptions but I cannot lie but if I wasn’t near him he’d still be alive.

Nathaniel tried to put his arms on me again to calm me but I shook him off. My love was dead, dead and gone. Forever.

There was a loud creak and a sound of shattering metal. As I looked over towards the door through my teary eyes I saw the metal bars disintegrate into dust easily as if they were chalk instead of solid Iron. I froze as the door slowly swung open and revealed my father. His face looked like an evil amused child; sickening.

“I don’t know who you are anymore,” I muttered.

He gave me a smile, “Nor do I. I thought I had a beautiful and honest daughter but it turns out I was completely wrong. I have no wife and now have no more children. I disown you.” He said as if it were the ending of a joke that nobody else new. He let out a cackle and picked up a shot gun from the corner of the room.

“Father…” I looked at him in absolute horror.

“I am not your father anymore. Now get out of my shop young lady. We don’t open until one pm.”

Without hesitating, I grabbed Nathaniel by the hand and ran out of the shop. The sound of father’s firearm hearing made me run faster. As we ran, I made a promise to, myself. I wiped my tears as I decided I was not going to cry anymore. Life was too short and cruel to be caught up crying all the time. I was going to fix everything. Someway, somehow I will find the solution to this whole problem. I will have Alexander back and my father will be sane again. I will make everything right again, I don’t know how but I must to save my world from falling apart. If it’s the last thing I do…

__________________

Hope you like it!!!! :D

What will Mercy Do Now she's alone in this world?

What will Nathaniel do to help?

How will Mercy set things right again??? :OOOO

Find out in the next Chapter.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

26.4K 1.7K 26
King Winter Nightstar has been exiled to his once lush and fertile land that now is nothing more than a winter wasteland. His goddess has cursed him...
13.1K 586 31
*Will be undergoing editing soon* "I was your curse , and you were my disease. I was saving you , but you were killing me." After loosing everything...
598 19 17
She buried her parents, shedding tears of blood as the only family she had left was gone. She was left alone in a brutal world but that wasn't the sc...
364 5 59
Once upon a time, in a small Carolina border town, there lived a woman and her dead best friend's kids. Orphaned at fifteen, Mackenzie Temple can't...