In Honour of the Heart

Od Achu2911

Isabelle's life is flawless. She has a perfect husband in Isaac and a gorgeous little baby. Then her past com... Viac

Copyright Notice :
Introduction :
Chapter 01 : I hear you knocking but you can't come in!
Chapter 02 : Baby, you can depend on me.
Chapter 03 : I finally found someone.
Chapter 04 : You are still beautiful to me.
Chapter 05 : Right now I feel - just like a leaf on a breeze.
Chapter 06 : I will always be there for you.
Chapter 07 : You are always on my mind.
Chapter 08 : I think about you.
Chapter 09 : All I want is you.
Chapter 10 : Where will you go?
Chapter 11 : What would it take to get you closer?
Chapter 12 : My Heart will go on and on.
A note from me
Chapter 13: Please forgive me I can't stop loving you.
Chapter 14 : I'm coming around.
Chapter 15: I will be right here waiting for you.
Chapter 16 : It's closing time.
Chapter 17 : Little pieces of myself falling shatter shards of me.
Chapter 18 : There is so much to be said and done.
Chapter 19 : I have been down and I have been beat.
Chapter 20 : My hands are shakin' - my heart skips a beat.
Chapter 21 : I don't want to be in love.
Chapter 22 : I can fool myself for a night.
Chapter 23 : I have been dreaming straight from the heart.
Chapter 24 : Oh! this heart is on fire burning for you.
Chapter 25 : I heard you mighta found somebody new.
Chapter 26 : Tell me we can make another start.
Chapter 27 : Before the night is over, we gonna get what we desire.
Chapter 28 : I love you more than you will ever know.
Chapter 29 : Please don't say you love me.
Chapter 30 : Do I have to say the words?
Chapter 31 : I am a liar.
Chapter 33 : Don't leave me lonely.
Chapter 34 : Heaven knows what you were thinking of.
Chapter 35 : Fifty thousand tears I have cried.
Chapter 36 : Have you ever really loved a woman?
Chapter 37 : Don't drop that bomb on me.
Chapter 38 : You've been friend to me.
Chapter 39: How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
Chapter 40 : It's true. We are all a little insane.
Chapter 41 : Broken wings
Chapter 42 : Right back where I started from.
chapter 43 : Everything I do I do it for you.
Casting :

Chapter 32 : You are still in my heart.

4.1K 198 97
Od Achu2911

“At some point, we have each said through our tears, “I'm suffering for a love that's not worth it.” We suffer because we feel we are giving more than we receive. We suffer because our love is going unrecognized. We suffer because we are unable to impose our own rules. But ultimately there is no good reason for our suffering, for in every love lies the seed of growth.

~ Paulo Coelho, By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept

**

Isabelle stirred. Where was she? She rubbed her eyes and tried to see. She was in her bed, near her daughter. She had not recognized when she went to sleep. The room was dark. Her daughter's silhouette was rising up with each breath she took. Isabelle touched her forehead and breathed in relief when Suzan's body temperature was normal.

She sat and stretched her tired limbs. Isabelle had thought that the pain will subside but it was so difficult to accept that she had woken up with the same aching.

Tears had dried on her cheeks leaving streaks. She laid a hand on her face. Ah God, her own body was hot. The fire which was burning her from inside had taken possession in the flesh but it didn’t worry her. She will take care of it later.

First, she had to think what she was going to do now.

A large thud came from the outside. Was it Isaac? What was he doing? Did he break something?

She got up from the bed, tied her loose hair into a knot and went out.

Few Vegetables were lying on a kitchen top, a knife sat closely with a chopping board. Oil had been spilled. Her neat kitchen was a complete mess. Isaac was sitting on the floor, clutching his leg which was bleeding profusely. Tiny pieces of glass bowl were scattered on the floor. A big piece of the same was stuck in his feet and the man was in pain.

“Isaac, what were you doing? Look at your leg. You are injured.”

“Belle. You were sleeping. I thought I will enter the kitchen and make a soup. I am hungry and Suzan will get up any time.”

For a minute, Isabelle didn't want to see this man who had delivered such news to her before few hours. She stood at the same place but then she couldn't take it any more.

She went in the bathroom and got cotton and antiseptic.

“Huh, soup? Do you even know how to make a simple sandwich?”

He smiled.

“I saw you making it so many times so I thought, it would be easy.”

She bent and took out the stuck glass. Isaac winced in agony but didn't say a word.

She was silent as she kept on cleaning his wound. When she applied disinfectant, his face contorted with pain.

“Ouch, Belle. It hurts. But, this injury is nothing. You are fussing too much.”

Isabelle concentrated on cut and applied an ointment. Her eyes were sad and burning. She was tired of crying. By now, she had exhausted her tears.

Isaac took her hand and stopped her.

“Belle, you have a fever. Wait. I will clean up everything. You better go and rest.”

She removed her hand from his and moved far. A fake smile came on her face. This guy had broken her up and she was dying from inside. And still she cared for him?

But instead of letting him know that, she said.

“I will manage. I don't want your sympathy Isaac. Just tell me what did I do wrong? Where did I falter? What does Ashlee have that I don't have? I had never imagined that you could stop loving me.”

His voice was very clear this time as he scratched his head.

“Isabelle. You and I are growing apart day by day.”

She started pacing the room at a slow pace.

“I am glad that at least you are speaking the truth this time, Isaac. Tell me more.”

He gestured with his hand.

“My life has become hell since the day Ethan came back.”

He hid his face in his hands.

Isabelle looked at him. She was not good but pretending to be alright was the only way to be strong in front of him. From inside, she felt like giving up. How was she supposed to fight when her mind told her to just run away from the circumstances? But she had to keep going for her daughter's sake.

“Leave Ethan out of this Isaac. Let’s talk about Ashlee. What's your relation with her? Don't forget that karma is a rubber band which can only be stretched so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.”

He looked at her.

“We have been through this. I don't want to discuss it any more. How can I make you believe that I still love you?”

Isabelle couldn't trust her ears. After confessing everything, he was still saying he loved her?

She covered her ears and nodded in disagreement.

“Please stop saying those words. You will never go to that woman, if you cared for me. You said that you will leave her. But people never change unless they want to. Do you think you want it enough?”

Neither he answered her nor did he beg for forgiveness. Did he mean the words which he had said earlier?

She paused for a minute.

“I am not sure I want to think on forgiveness yet Isaac. I may say I did forget you and then throw it in your face at every chance I get. It won't be a true forgiving. And one thing is sure; I am never going to forget it.”

With that, she turned her back, ran towards her bedroom and threw herself on the bed again, leaving him sitting on the floor with glasses.

A shrill ring broke the silence.

Isabelle walked towards the door. But she stopped midway when she realized that the voice was coming from Isaac's mobile which was vibrating on the side table.

She looked at him. He was still parked at the same position.

She went and picked up his cell phone. It was still ringing.

“Hurry Belle. It's my office no. I hope the meeting went well and client didn't have any complaint.”

Isabelle walked fast.

But as she was giving it to him, she stopped for a minute, and looked at the number. Oh my God, It was Ashlee at the other end.

She extended her hand.

“Take. Indeed your boss is calling. Keep the mobile phone on speaker Isaac. I want to know what kind of game you are playing with me.”

With that, she gave it to him.

Isaac didn't have any other choice but to pick up the phone.

A sexy but scared voice came from the phone.

“Isaac, is it you?”

“Who else? Why are you calling me Ash? How many times I have told you not to contact me when I am at home?”

Isabelle couldn't help noticing the pet name he had used for Ashlee.

“I want to see you Isaac.”

His voice rose. 

“Have you gone mad Ashlee? I just left you before few hours.”

Ashlee sighed. Tears tinged her tone.

“I am scared.”

Isaac banged his fist on the wall as he replied.

“Scared of what Ashlee? My daughter is sick. I can't come right now.”

The accent at another side got more desperate.

“I am vomiting. It’s making me breathless. And I hate this nausea. I am panicking. I will lose the baby. Please darling, come fast. I don't know what to do.”

Her sobs were coming from the mobile now.

Isaac looked at Isabelle who was a standing statue at the same place and heaved a sigh.

“Alright Ash. I am leaving without delay and reaching there in few minutes. I will call the doctor on my way. Please babe, take care.”

“Thank you so much. I can't live without you.”

“Bye, Ash.”

With that, he cut the phone and started wearing his shoes.

Isabelle moved forward. Her heart was still in her throat. Was this her husband who was giving consolation to another woman in front of her own eyes? That was impossible. Their relationship was not dying a natural death but being murdered by that female.

“Where are you going Isaac?”

He shrugged his shoulders.

“Didn't you hear? Ashlee is unwell. I need to check on her.”

She went near the door and blocked it.

“You can't go. Your own child is ill. If she gets up and asks for you, what am I to tell her?”

Isaac pushed her to side.

“Suzan is not without help. You are there. Ashlee is alone here and she doesn't know anybody else in Tokyo. Let me go. I will be back as soon as possible. Tell Suzie that I had to go to office again.”

She went to him.

“Isaac, we have shared so many years together. Have you forgotten that? You are stressed. You work like a machine. Let's get out of this mechanical life for few days. You just can't leave me alone. What will I tell Suzan? “

He looked at her.

“No, Isabelle. I do love you and I will never disappear from your life but I will have to look after Ashlee now. You don't know how much she can harm me, harm us.

With that he moved out of the door.

As if he had remembered something, he stopped and glanced at her.

“You better take medicine and go to sleep.”

Then he disappeared from her view.

Isabelle locked the door. Her worst regret was not for the wrong things she did, but the thousands of right things she did for the wrong person.

Her hand was shaking as she dialed a number.

Christ picked up at the first ring and she was grateful for it.

“Hello, hello. Christ?”

“Yeah, Isa. What happened? Why are you crying?”

“Nothing. Where is Nicky?”

“Oh! She is on the duty.”

“Christ. Tell her to cancel flights and come here. Please send her as soon as possible. I can't take it any more.”

With that, Isabelle put down the phone.

It was obvious that Isaac was not ready to sever ties with Ashlee. The question was what she was going to do now?

***

Our life is a constant journey, from birth to death. The landscape changes, the people change, our needs change, but the train keeps moving. Life is the train, not the station.”

~   Paulo Coelho.

**

Guys, what are your thoughts on this chapter?

Isabelle couldn't stop caring for the hurt Isaac. Will she ever be able to forget their history? Should she forgive him? What should be Isabelle's next move?

Isaac has confessed about Ashlee and is going to meet her in front of Isabelle's eyes. What is on his mind? Meanwhile why Ashlee is calling Isaac at odd hours?

To know these answers, please keep reading: )

This book is going to reach one lakh reads and I am thankful for each and every one of you. Thanks a lot for your love and support.

If you liked this chapter, please vote, comment or fan.

Have a nice weekend. Stay blessed.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

13.8K 62 46
Read Love Him in the Living Hell novel, Love Him in the Living Hell latest chapter Liam Harrison sat in the empty house of Harrison family. Suddenly...
24.3K 1.5K 61
Claire lost everything in a tragic accident, including herself. When a chance for real love walks into her life, can she find a way back to herself...
2.8K 526 58
"...and they all lived happily ever after?" Welcome to a marriage from hell: a home built on love and ran in the dark by a formidable force in the fo...
402K 12.8K 28
All Rights Reserved © 2015 TreshCelestine Contains a few errors! My very first Wattpad story. Ellie Scott's parents died in an accident when she wa...