Death by Sea (Pernico fanfic)

De Yummy_Cookie

Nico and Percy are a pair of star crossed lovers whose story was supposedly ended with The Blood of Olympus a... Mai multe

Prologue: Beginnings
Chapter One: So Cute (gag) (Nico's POV)
Chapter 2: Arena (Nico's POV)
Chapter 3: Movie... Night...? (Percy's POV)
Chapter 4: The Morning After (Nico's POV)
Chapter 5: Drowning (Percy's POV)
Author's note! -.-
Christmas Special ^-^
Chapter 6: I still love you, idiot
Another Author's Note -_-
Chapter 7: Cuddles (Percy's POV)
Chapter 8: You don't have to choose me (Nico's POV)
Chapter 9: Hard Work (Percy's POV)
Chapter 10: How about we make a deal (Nico's POV)
Chapter 11: Patching some things up...?(Percy's POV)
Chapter 12: Good Morning Kiss (Nico's POV)
Chapter 13: Unlucky (Percy's POV)
Chapter 14: Let me go, Jackson (Nico's POV)
Chapter 15: Don't do this (Percy's POV)
Really quick apology (nothing serious)
Chapter 16: What is truth? (Nico's POV)
Chapter 17: Gone (Percy's POV)
A frikken author's note
Chapter 18: Unplugged (Nico's POV)
Chapter 19: Putting the "Fun" in Funeral
Chapter 20: A New Chapter (Nico's POV)
Chapter 21: Pocket full of Posies (Percy's POV)
Chapter 22: Fish guts (Nico's POV)
Small little update before actual one this weekend xD
Chapter 23: Limits (Percy's POV)
Chapter 24: Pushing the Limits (Nico's POV)
Chapter 25: Is this what being married is like? (Percy's POV)
The apology, parodies of animes, and me being an awkward potato ^-^
Chapter 26: A protective... Percy (Nico's POV)
Chapter 27: Permission (Percy's POV)
A/N: SORRY
Chapter 28: I am not wearing a wedding dress (Nico's POV)
Housekeeping: FINAL EXAMS
Chapter 30: How terribly in love am I? (Nico's POV)
Chapter 31: Do you know who I am? (Percy's POV)
A/N: School blues (not an official update)

Chapter 29: Marriage without vows (Percy's POV)

197 5 1
De Yummy_Cookie

*hahahahahahahaha I'm so sorry*

Hair black as the history that haunted him, that haunted me.

Eyes just as brown as I remembered them.

Was this the same person I fell in love with, or was this someone I wished was him?

Was I really in love with who he is...

Or who he is now?

Which is worse, to continue loving someone from the past who cannot and will not come back

Or to accept that the one you loved is dead?

****

My Mom squeezed my shoulder as we paid for the cheap candy ring. I couldn't afford to buy Nico a real ring because I am a broke demigod who is struggling to pay off student loans just like any other mortal student. Of course I love Nico very much, but unfortunately I cannot buy him the precious stone he deserves.

"He's going to be grateful," Mom promises. "When you're as foolishly in love as the two of you are, you are grateful for even the thought of a ring in the future."

"I hope so," I smile a little bit. Foolishly in love? Are we really fools in love? Nico who is currently about to embark on a "second life" for me... is that foolish? Is this... stupid? Not in a regretful way, but in a... sense way? I don't know, I'm going stupid.

After we get home Nico is angrily taking care of the plants. He isn't dressed in black, which is refreshing to see. He then washes any dishes Paul may have left and when Mom rushes in to tell him to not worry about it he smiles a little.

"Hi guys," he smiles a bit. "I'm washing the dishes and trying to flipping swear again."
"Flipping... swear?" I ask.

"I swore earlier, remember?" Nico reminds me.
"I didn't forget," My Mom pipes up.

"I didn't quite realize," I say thoughtfully.
"Well I freaking swore and now I wanna flipping do it again, but as you can fricken see I can't!" Nico yells. (A/N: lol thank you for catching that and yes this is a band aid for a lazy author who can't be bothered to just change it in the last chapter)

"Why can't you swear again?" I ask.
"Why does it matter that you can or can't swear? It's better to not swear," my Mom insists.

"Not swearing was part of the deal for being reincarnated with some memories of my past life. I remember a lot and I'm remembering a lot, but I can't swear yet and obviously I can't wear black either," Nico explains patiently. "I've also lost all my Italian which is making me itch."

"I'm sorry," I say an kiss the top of his head. "So how did you swear earlier before we left?"

"Well..." Nico murmurs, thinking out loud. "I'm guessing it's because Hades has so many things to do at literally all the time that letting me slip up without divine punishment or simply the ability not to swear will happen. That or I was finally able to do it and then now I just can't because Olympus is stupid like that."

"I guess," I shrug. "Don't worry about it, Neeks. Swear words shouldn't come for your pretty mouth."
"You wouldn't understand-" Nico begins.

"Because I don't swear," I say quickly, glancing at my mother.
"Because he doesn't swear," My Mom says at the same time as me and giving me a motherly glare. I gulp.

"Let's go upstairs!" I say and grab Nico's hand. "I have some things to talk about!" I give my mother a look and she nods. I pull on Nico's wrist and he knowingly follows, telling my Mom that he's happy to help with dinner later if she needs or wants it. He doesn't get to hear or see her answer because I'm already pulling Nico upstairs. I want to ask him as soon as possible and get this over with. The safest place for us is going to be camp and as it was, I already saw a lot of monsters when I went out with Mom. Also, as far as I know, Nico can't fight yet, so I need to protect him until he's better at fighting again.

"What is so important?" Nico asks me, blinking his beautiful brown eyes. Meatballs. I snort with laughter and start to cry because I'm laughing so hard. "What the Hades?"

"MEATBALLS," I roar with laughter. Nico raises an eyebrow and then groans.
"You were comparing something of mine to a meatball," he accuses me. "Wow Percy."

"Sorry, sorry, I was looking at your eyes and they're brown," I explain quickly. "Not that they're meatball brown they have more depth than that, but for some reason-"
"I get it," Nico sighed. "It's because I was Italian. Shall I say Alfredo?" NIco sasses. His pronunciation is fairly Italian with 'Alfredo', but I know I would lose major boyfriend points if I said that to Nico.

"Actually... since it's too dangerous to go outside to give you a ring," I explain. "I figured I'd do it up here because this is the room we both know the best."
"Ring?"

"So you can enter camp? So we can get on with our lives again?" I remind Nico gently. "Also because I love you, I want to give you an edible ring that might not taste too good to someone who hasn't had sugar in about eight months?"

"Oh," Nico whispers. It's like his voice dies in his throat when he tries to speak. "A ring for that."

"Nothing bad, I promise," I say softly. I raise my hands in surrender and smile a little under my hair. "Do you want me on a knee?"

"Uh... what?" Nico is flushed so red I would normally worry, but I find this blush endearing.
"Do you want me to ask you formally?" I ask. Nico glances away, timidly and then nods a little.

"Sure, might as well do this as properly as possible," Nico mumbles. "Since you are giving me candy." I immediately grin and get down on one knee and Nico's whole face is red now and he gulps hard.

"Nico," I say softly. He gulps again and gives me his hand quickly.
"Quickly," he murmurs, embarrassed. "This makes me feel... weird." I take his hand and kiss his ring finger. I take out the ring pop and unwrap it with shaking fingers.

"I have been struggling for a while about the old you and this you," I confess gently. "However, I've decided that you're as gentle and loving as you used to be and you have made me fall in love with you all over again. Nico, I love you this one and the last one. You are always going to be the one I love deeply, I swear it. I will care for you, protect you, and I will always love you. So... with these vows I ask that you would marry me. Would you... marry me, Nico?"

"Oh... um," Nico gulps. His eyes are brimming with tears and he looks away quickly. "Yes." I slip on the plastic ring pop that is comic on his finger. I press my lips to his hand and then lift myself a little to pull on Nico's chin. He looks at me with so many emotions shining in his golden brown eyes that I get lost. I press my lips to his and he closes his eyes. Tears slide down his cheeks and taste salty against my lips. I pull away to steal air and suddenly Nico leans forward and grabs my face. He pulls on me and slips his right hand in my hair and tugs us closer. I push him back and we're lying on my bed.

*A small attempt at smut? I'm tryingggg Feel free to skip if this isn't your thing* (altho, stop lying to yourself it probably is lmao)

Nico's legs wrap around my waist and he gasps softly as my lips fall down his neck and I nip at his collar bones. I hear Paul enter the apartment and start talking to my mom as I continue kissing available skin on Nico's body. He takes a shuddering breath and pulls my body as close as he can.

"Nico," I murmur in a breathy voice by his ear. Nico shudders as I take his earlobe in my teeth. Nico moans softly and scratches my back through my t-shirt. Nico kisses me desperately as if he's worried we're going to disappear. I happily oblige and kiss him. His hands slowly go up to my hair and they're tangled in my black hair that probably needs a haircut by now.

Nico claws at me a little more and gasps softly when I kiss his cheek up to his temple where his hair is feathery and soft. His back arched and he threw his head back as I reached a hand up his shirt a little, barely breaking the skin that was exposed by his shirt that had ridden up. Nico doesn't seem to be stopping me, so I continue a little bit. I am unsure how to continue because I want to be gentle, but how... how do you go gentle when you see someone this undone by almost nothing.

"Percy... oh..." Nico sighs and one hand that had been in my hair falls above his head and he looks so undeniably... desirable. I was a goner and our lips crashed together.

"Your cheeks are looking a little flushed," I murmur between kisses. "Maybe you should take off your shirt." Nico nods and we sit up a little. He smiles at me before taking off his shirt slowly. He takes it off and turns bashful. His head dips and I pull his face back up by tugging on his chin.

"Don't be embarrassed," I remind him. "I love you."
"I love you too," Nico mumbles and I kiss his forehead. "You too. Take... yours off too?" It's almost like a question. I nod and take my shirt off easily. My camp necklace thumps against my chest and falls against my now bare skin. Nico's eyes fall upon my neck almost hungrily. They glitter with a new light I haven't seen in a long time. Nico leans in and kisses my jaw gently. I close my eyes, heat overtaking my body.

He moves down my neck and nips at the meeting of my neck to my shoulder. I let out a small, deep moan. Nico smiles against my skin and continues down onto my chest and it is then that I realize we are in a weird position... how far will we go? Nico tugs at my shoulders and I allow him to kiss my shoulder and down my shoulder. I clench my jaw as another soft noise escapes me. I am going to lose myself to the sensation. Nico pushes me back down against my pillows. I barely feel him tugging at the button of my jeans. I allow him to help me out of my pants and when we clack foreheads we both laugh nervously. Not because we are afraid of each other, but because we love each other and you can't exactly fuck someone you can't laugh with.

"Sorry," Nico giggles a little and I smile at him with a small blush littered over my cheeks. I tug at his pants and he has to try not to trip over himself as he takes them off. We are left in our boxers and this is something that I didn't think I'd be affected by now, but I am. Nico's lips fall upon mine and he kisses me like a long awaited rain storm. I fall into the red heat as I flip our positions. I kiss him fervently and Nico runs his hands down my chest. His fingers creep to the edge of my boxers, a boundary not yet crossed and it is there that I stop us.

"Not before the wedding," I tease gently. Nico looks up at me and I can see sorrow flood those beautiful doe eyes.

"I wanted... to prove myself to you," Nico mumbles. I shake my head and press my forehead to his.

"I love you Nico, there's nothing more you need to prove to me," I tell him, honestly. "The only thing I want from you is your consent for me to make love to you." Nico smiles and sighs a little.
"You have it," Nico murmurs. "You always did."

We don't stop kissing for a while and when I move down to Nico's thighs he gasps loudly.  He flushes a beautiful red and I nip the skin. I move up again and Nico watches me. Both of us are almost consumed by lust, but I'm held together by thinking about how much I really love Nico and want to have a conversation with him about this situation. I don't want to have him regret this when I obviously won't because I love him.

Finally, Nico and I pull apart and fall against the pillows.

*The almost smut is over! I promise to attempt again later sorry fam*

"Thank you," Nico murmurs against my skin. We stay close to each other for a long time and I kiss his hair gently. His ring is sticky and he licks it a couple times. "Thank you for loving me this much."

"Of course, Neeks. Thank you," I reply. We lay there almost in an afterglow and when my Mom calls us for dinner we scramble to get dressed.

******

The next day we are able to go get official papers for the marriage and with our signatures it is like we are married. Nico is all smiles and my mother comments on how happy she is that he's so happy. Nico smiles at her and blushes a little bit. Who is this beautiful, blushy, smiling child? He makes my heart clench with love and I am so happy. I am just so happy to be with my beautiful husband. I just love him so much.

"Thanks," Nico smiles at my Mom. "Do you want any help tonight with dinner? I want to help more."
"Of course I could use the help, but I think Percy wants to you two to start planning your trip to Camp Half-Blood," My Mom replies. Nico looks surprised.

"Yeah, but we can stay a little longer... right?" Nico asks.
"I've cashed in on a lot of favors from Hecate and Demeter campers... our place is heavily protected, but can only be that way for so long you know," I sigh. "We'll have to leave tomorrow. Plus we need to talk to Chiron about everything that's happened so far."

"Alright, tomorrow is fine," Mom smiles kindly. "Just make sure you eat well tonight okay? I can teach Nico all your favorites and we can look at baby pictures! Oh I'll even make dip, oh it'll be exciting." I groan.

"Nooo not the baby pictures," I moan. Nico giggles and wraps his arm around my waist. He leans on me lightly and smiles.
"I'm sure you were a cute baby," he reminds me.
"That's what I'm worried about! You'll tease me forever about it!" I cry.
"Oh don't worry, Apollo," Nico teases me. "You'll be fine. You're beautiful and everyone loves you."

"Ugh don't remind me," I sighed. Nico just laughs and I kiss his head lovingly.

-----------------

Alright this was about 2575 words... I'll stop for now lol. I'm soooo sorry this is so freaking late. I had a good reason though, everything at school was so overwhelming and I had to focus on that and then I got writer's block and yeah. I just wanna write good chapters, you know? Also I'm trying to read through ToA and wanted to incorporate stuff from it, but it wasn't too useful in the way that I needed it. NO SPOILERS GUYS I HAVEN'T FINISHED YET. ALMOST DONE.

Also, since the end is near, is there anything you guys want? Like idk a Q&A? I've seen that done on many stories before and I kinda wanna do it, but idk if you would want to see that. Also if you have prompts I have a One Shot story (if you wanna see what trash I write lol) pleaaaase message me or comment it idk. I can also post a chapter or something about schedules and stuff, because I feel like it's important since this story is gonna end soon. But yeah! More about school and writing schedules in another chapter or something!

Love,

Cookie-chan

P.S 10k reads!!! Oh my gods I'm so happy thanks so much guys (or girls, or gender noncomformants idk) it means so much to me! This story was supposed to be something I occupied my time with so for you to enjoy it means a lot. Okay ttyl! ^-^

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

17.3K 439 25
Percico!! When Percy and Annabeth break up, Nico is the only one to see how much it's affecting Percy. When Percy locks himself in his cabin, Nico fo...
143K 4K 13
Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, has looked death straight in the eyes with complete confidence, not wavering a bit. But when it comes to a certain son...
53.9K 989 49
Sequel to My Father, Chaos Percy and Nico get married, They have a honeymoon, have a good life with there baby, so we thought. Add a jealous ex- boy...
122K 3.2K 10
Like all other nights, Nico takes it hard. He breaks down every now and then with Jason supporting him. One night, Percy found out that Nico has been...