Mending Hearts (MaiChard)

By poutylipschinita

One of my favorite 90's movies is the Parent Trapped and I think most of you are familiar to that movie and n... More

i.
ii.
iii.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.1
xiii.2
xiv
xv.
xvi.
xvii.

iv.

1.7K 71 1
By poutylipschinita

Hey! I am double updating this story again! Thank you for dropping by, really appreciate it. If you have more spare time, you can check out my One Shots, they are my Aldub short stories. Most of them are stories that just popped out in my head. Anyway, this is really a fast-paced story because I don't want to drag it so I'm hoping that I'm going to end this story with 15 chapters or less, we'll see. AND LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE STORY! How was it so far? hmmm..

Well, here is Chapter 4, enjoy!

xoxo, Poutylipschinita.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

iv.

Triple A, 2031

Rio never shared a room with anyone before since she has her own back in Laguna. She found the company of Channy really comforting like she's just at home. Even Channy's Tita-Ninang hugged her without a reason, she doesn't feel bothered by it.

"So where do you live, Rio?" Channy asked her.

"I live in Laguna, you?" She answered.

"Oh, I came from Boston Landing, New York."

"You flew all the way from New York?" Surprised.

"Yes, I did! I flew alone. Well, of course there was the flight attendants and the pilot and the other passengers but you get what I mean, right?" She smiled sheepishly, showing her dimples.

"Yeah. Wow, I never traveled outside the country alone. You must be very brave. Did you auditioned live just like me?" Her curiosity kicking in.

"No, Triple A contacted me, they said they discovered my adventure videos I posted on youtube account. I want to share all of adventures like rock climbing, cliff-diving, jet-skiing, everything! I go for the extremes that's why I kept it as a secret from my mom, she doesn't like it at all. You know moms, they are always worried about their children." Channy smiled, she suddenly missed her mom.

"Oh.. Good for you. What is your mom look like?" Rio can't help but to ask.

"Well, she's very pretty. She has the most expressive eyes, everybody tells me that I inherited it from her. She have shallow dimples on both sides like you. Her smile and laugh is contagious. She makes the best dishes in the world! Especially laksa and bopis! She's working as the sous-chef in the Sagamore Resort. She's my best friend, she's my style mentor, her opinion is everything to me. She doesn't care if her laugh is really loud, she sometimes braids my hair and teach me about applying minimal make-up." She can't stop talking about her mom, she missed her more and more.

"She sings me to sleep and never let me go to dreamland not until she said her I love you's to me. She always remind me that I'm special and I should be confident whatever I have or do. I know she have her own problems but I can see she wakes up everyday for me. She's a strong woman, she's my idol, my hero."

"Your mom sounds amazing." Rio felt a little envious towards Channy, having a mom sounds so wonderful.

"What about your mom?" Channy innocently asked.

"I don't have one." Sadness is evident in Rio's voice.

"Oh, well you can have mine." Channy suggested.

"Really? Will that be alright for your mom?" She said, hopeful.

"Yeah, I always wanted to have a sister and my mom wouldn't mind at all. It would be fun, us three!"

"Us three? What about your dad?" Rio simply asked.

"I don't have one but it's okay, we'll still have fun."

"Well, I have a Dad! We should meet up our parents and have fun!"

"That sounds great! I would love to meet your Dad! oh wait, my mom is calling, you should meet her!" Channy exclaimed.

"Sure- oh, my dad is calling. I'm in big trouble, maybe next time?" Rio said.

"Yeah, next time." Channy then proceeded to accept her mom's Skype call.

"Hi Mommy!" She greeted her mom.

"How's my Baby? How is the Philippines so far? How.." Channy's Mom's voice is slowly fading from Rio, she went to their room's veranda to talk to her Dad.

You can do this.

Trying to convince herself. She clicked the accept button and was welcomed with..

"CHARMAINE RIO FAULKERSON WHERE ARE YOU?!" Her Dad shouted.

"Hi Daddy." She sheepishly smiled even though she knows her Dad won't see her.

"What were you thinking anak? And were you that sure na makakapasok ka agad sa auditions? You have your luggage na, akala ng mga guards ng subdivision eh maglalayas ka na. Anak naman.." Her father felt really disappointed.

"I'm sorry Daddy, I know po kasi the moment I tell anyone my plan they will tell it to you so I chose to keep it a secret. Daddy, payagan niyo na po ako. Daddy.." Rio continued to convince her Dad while Channy is happily chatting with her mom.

Both twins talking to their mom and dad, only a wall separating them. They don't know that a little secret connects the four of them. They don't know what destiny and fate has in store for them.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Channy felt energised that she talked to her mom. She feels like she can do everything they ask her to do. As for Rio, she felt happy that finally her Dad agreed to the path she chose but he still have doubts. At least for now, he's letting her explore his world in her little steps and ways.

They were preparing for their first day of training which is full of orientations. Rio sported a white Adidas Stan Smith Sneakers with a gray lose pants with zippers on the side, a white tee that says "Born to become a Superstar". While Channy is wearing the same shoes, black leggings and a black tee that says "Diva since birth."

"I love your shirt!" Rio said.

"I like yours." Channy said. The twins sharing the same interest. The dorms are on the top floors in the building and the training rooms are in the first 3 floors. They went down and entered the room that says "Orientations."

They entered the room and found many people, different in age, size, and gender. They were just standing there not knowing what to do when a voice said something behind their backs.

"Everyone sit down to the floor, in the centre please." Instructed by the woman. Channy and Rio quickly went to the centre and sat down almost at the same time, like mirroring each other's movements.

"I'm Direk Patchy, I'm the head of talents here in Triple A, I am responsible for the casting, talent-searching, etc. And I will also be the head of the judges that will examine all of you, I will leave the other judges anonymously so that you won't slack off or bring out your best whenever a judge is around. Are we clear?"

"Yes direk." Everyone answered.

" Now, I will leave you this morning to know each other. By the end of this session, you have to tell me if you're going solo, duo, trio, or group then it's up to you to organise your schedule as a group or solo." She said and left.

"Wow, that's it?" Asked Rio.

"I find it weird. She said the other judges are anonymous but I met them yesterday, Mr. T introduced me to them." Channy wondered.

"You met Mr. T?" Rio was surprised, even she didn't got the chance to meet Mr. T. She only saw him during formal parties.

"Yeah, I was in his office, I even met the judges."

"Channy, just keep it a secret for now, okay? It's actually an advantage of yours to know the judges pero you're not the kind of person that will use it, diba?" Rio said.

"Of course not, I want to pass every classes in the way I know using my talents and skills." Channy is determined to do this.

They were having a conversation when a guy approached them.

"I assume that you're a duo?" he asked.

"ah no, we still haven't decided anything yet." Channy answered for them.

"So you don't want to work with your sister?" the guy asked.

"Sister? who?" Channy said.

"Aren't the two of you are like twins or something?"

"No, we're not. We're roommates though." Rio answered this time.

"Seriously? You're not? The two of you looks exactly the same. Your only difference is your dimples, this one has only one but deeper and you have two but shallow." The guy explained.

"I'm sorry who are you?" Channy asked a little irritated.

"Oh, I'm sorry my name is Matt, 14 years old. I'm with those dudes." He then pointed with other 2 boys in the corner.

"I'm Channy and this is Rio. We're not related at all." Channy said.

"That is really weird, I thought your a duo and that will be so cool having twins in a show or something."

And that gave Rio and Channy an idea. They looked at each other, understanding what the other is thinking and there was a smile slowly showing in their faces, revealing their dimples.

"Woah, now that's a very twin thing to do." Matt said, a little freaked out by the girls.

"Thanks for the idea, Matt. Catch you later." Channy said while dragging Rio outside the room and into the bathroom.

They arrived at the bathroom, Channy was thankful that it was empty. She let Rio faced the full-length mirror and so did she.

"Wow, he was right. We do look similar." Channy said.

"I never knew I could have a lookalike." Rio said while staring at their reflection.

A loud thud was heard, they looked behind them and found a boy, inside a girl's bathroom.

"Um.. you do know, this is a girl's bathroom." Channy informed the boy.

"I know that's why I'm here. I'm a girl at heart kaya." The boy said. Rio and Channy fully understand the situation.

"What's your name?" Channy asked.

"My name is Dani with an i, okay? So what are you? B1 and B2?" Dani asked.

"I'm Channy and this is Rio and no, we're not twins." Both of them smiled, seems like that will be their line from now on.

"Well, that's hard to believe." Dani proceeded to the mirror and applied the mascara. 

"Wait, how old are you?" Channy tried to ask.

"I'm 16. And you guys?" He asked while applying tint on his lips.

"I'm 12." Channy answered.

"Me too."

"Of course, you have the same age, you're twins!" Dani exclaimed.

"We're not. When is your birthday?" Rio said.

"October 3, 2019." Channy answered.

"Oh my gosh! Mine too!" Rio said.

"See, it's normal for twins to have the same birthday, duuuh." He said like it's the most common thing.

"We really are not twins. My surname is Faulkerson while hers is Mendoza, I came from Laguna and she came from New York." Rio tried to explain.

"Yeah and perhaps your Dad is Alden Richards and hers is Maine Mendoza, please girls. You can't fool me." Dani said sarcastically, still pushing the topic.

"Hey, how did you-" Rio stopped Channy from speaking and dragged her outside the bathroom.

"Catch you later, Dani." Rio said. Dani was completely weirded out by the girls.

"Yeah, sure."

When they were outside, Rio released her hand from Channy's mouth.

"What was that about?"

"Is your mom, Maine Mendoza?" Rio quickly asked.

"Yes, how did you-"

"Your mom is Maine Mendoza? The Maine Mendoza?" Rio can't help but to confirm it.

"What so great with my mom's name? Is she that famous here in the Philippines?" Channy asked.

"She was my Dad's love team before. They were really famous, breaking records, having massive fans around the world, endorsing different products, you name it." Rio explained.

"Really? I never knew about that. We were having a simple life in New York. Nobody knew her except the employees of the resort." Channy said.

"This is really strange. Does your mom knew, you're here in the Philippines because of this training?" Rio asked.

"No, my Tita-Ninang and I lied to her. I know she wouldn't let me go here if she knows this reason." Channy said while bowing down, feeling embarrassed that someone knew her secret.

"Don't worry, I escaped from my house just to go to Broadway to audition, without my Dad even knowing." Rio said, trying to cheer her up.

"Hey girls! Direk Patchy came back for announcements." Matt shouted to them in the end of the hallway.

"We will be there." Both said at the same time.

"You sure you're not twins?" Matt chuckled.

Both didn't answer but only smiled.

We don't know ourselves.

They both thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

552 97 21
Reniella intends to take revenge on Nicholas Grayson , her biological father, for his actions in leaving her mother when she was pregnant. "Nicholas...
528 88 21
*YES I KNOW JO AND ASH AREN'T RELATED BUT THEY ARE FOR THE SAKE OF THE STORY SO SHUT UP* Mona Harvelle looked to be your average 20 year old girl...
97.5K 4.4K 22
A young chef looking for a chance to prove herself in a world dominated by men. She wanted to be known as a chef on her own and not because she was t...
513K 18.1K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...