The Online Profile of a Seria...

Autorstwa IanTuason

This is the rule. Whenever you read that a story is true, it is always and inevitably untrue. But in this cas... Więcej

Posted on June 26, 2022
Posted on June 27, 2022
Posted on June 27, 2022 (Second Post)
Posted on June 28, 2022
Posted on June 29, 2022
Posted on June 30, 2022
Posted on June 30, 2022 (Second Post)
Posted on July 1, 2022
Posted on July 2, 2022
Posted on July 3, 2022
Posted on July 4, 2022
Posted on July 6, 2022
Posted on July 7, 2022
Posted on July 31, 2022
Posted on August 15, 2022
Posted on September 16, 2022
Posted on September 17, 2022
Posted on September 17, 2022 (Second Post)
Posted on September 17, 2022 (Third Post)
Posted on September 18, 2022
Posted on September 18, 2022 (Second Post)
Posted on September 19, 2022
Posted on September 22, 2022
Posted on September 23, 2022
Posted on September 23, 2022 (Second Post)
Posted on September 24, 2022
Posted on September 24, 2022 (Second Post)
Posted on *date blocked*
Posted on *date blocked* (Second Post)
Posted on *date blocked* (Third Post)
Posted on *date blocked* (Fourth Post)
Posted on *date blocked* (Fifth Post)
Posted on *date blocked* (Sixth Post)
The Final Three Posts

Posted on September 20, 2022

24.7K 1.3K 202
Autorstwa IanTuason

In the forest, wind drifted through the cedar and birch trees, and I struggled to adjust my eyes to the darkness. I could feel the presence of night owls with bloated chests and long-faced coyotes stalking the wooded hillside, reminding me that despite the deed of land my parents owned, the land was never quite ours.

The moon peeked out from behind a cloud and I saw the outline of trees. Walking deeper into the woods, I was compelled to move forward, not knowing where I would reach. Ahead, I saw a dead birch tree, bare of leaves, with something nailed to its trunk. It looked like a painting, or a photograph. I couldn't quite make it out. As I moved closer, I saw the image clearly - it was a portrait of Jesus Christ, his bearded face emotionless and indifferent. His heart, wrapped in thorns, bled on his chest, and he pointed at it.

The portrait was tilted, so I reached out to straighten it, but then the honking of cars echoed from the sky. Suddenly, I found myself lying on my stomach on a mattress, a window open beside me. The window was level with my lying body, and I realized I wasn't on the mattress on my bedroom floor. I was in Will's room. My closed laptop rested on the nightstand next to the bed. I drew in a deep breath and tried to remember how I got there.

Outside the window, I noticed a tall pillar of black smoke rising from one of the townhouse complexes a few blocks away. The black smoke carved a trail of gloom across the azure sky. I waited to hear the sirens of fire trucks, but none came.

I stretched out on the sofa, the laptop resting on my stomach. I scrolled through Will's final entries. They were elaborate, once again describing the details of his abundant life. The posts described the lemon smell of a motel room, roaming the city streets, stopping to admire the architecture of a church, smelling the mangos in Kensington Market, and other precise descriptions.

I fought the feeling of endlessness, reading through the afternoon, aiming only to finish. I was driven by a feeling of duty, and I pushed through the third last post, the second last post, and then finally I was back again at the very last and most recent post at the top of the timeline. It was the same post I had read when I first discovered Will's Facebook page days ago:

Real Will

July 3 at 9:55pm via mobile

I'm sitting on a high stool in his kitchen, eating from a jar of pumpkin seeds. His eyes are as deep as I had imagined. I challenge him to remember the password 'IamwhatIam'. Let's see if he does.

A cold autumn breeze entered through the open window, and once again, I felt empty. In the hours before, Will had filled me, and once again he was gone. So I scrolled back down to the first and earliest post from 2020, and started reading again from the beginning. 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

773 99 66
After Alyana suffered a horrific car accident, it resulted her into becoming wheelchair bound. Alyana goal was to try to survive this life of hers b...
584 19 8
An adventure turned into terror. A summer turned into a bloody disaster. 6 friends that went on a summer vacation to explore the mysterious mountain...
3K 998 31
[ A COMPLETED 2020 TEEN MYSTERY ] Life can take a turn for the worst when you least expect it, spiralling deeply out of control in mere days. It's h...
382 29 10
Knowing yourself is more important than knowing someone else, so what do you do when you figure out your whole life is based on a lie? - Vale is a p...