The Raven Cycle Boarding Scho...

נכתב על ידי eatyourpea

The is an Au of the wonderful Maggie Stiefvator's book series, the Raven cycle, which will include a full plo... עוד

Aglionby Academy
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Author's Note
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Thirteen

575 27 9
נכתב על ידי eatyourpea

Huffing, Ronan slams the door of his dorm. Adam and himself had just finished chasing Blue around campus after she had walked in on them. After that Ronan and Adam couldn't do much more than yell at her not to tell anyone (Ronan doing the yelling) and asking her to understand (Adam did the asking) until Blue of course just laughed at them and promised that she had already known how they felt about each other and that of course she wouldn't tell anyone. At this, both of the boys looked at one another and blushed. It's not like either of them had expected it to happen. Adam had still been unconsciously making himself oblivious to his feelings for Ronan, and of Ronan's obvious feelings towards himself. And Ronan never would have dreamed that Adam might actually accept the fact that they were into each other, especially not in that sudden situation they had put themselves into.

After that Blue had smiled and walked off towards the library, claiming that she was going to help Neeve study. As soon as she was gone Ronan diverted his full attention back to Adam, who was far to busy fiddling with his thumbs and keeping his head bowed. Ronan frowned and opened his mouth to say something, anything to help the situation. But surprisingly enough, Adam was the first one to speak. "I didn't really expect that," He says meekly.

"And I didn't really plan that," Ronan replies casually.

"Really? It all seemed to you to not have been planned out," Adam states, still not looking up.

"Well the definition of me is perfect so, only if it was perfect," Ronan states cheekily.

Adam rolls his eyes. "As perfect as a dog is to a two year old," He says sarcastically.

Ronan raises his eyebrows."Are you a two year old then?" He asks.

Adam cringes."I think that that would be pedophilia, or beastieality."

Suddenly Ronan changes the direction of the conversation. "Adam. Was that wrong back there? Did I overstep a line that I shouldn't have?" Ronan asks him seriously. There was an almost pleading look in his eyes that begged Adam to say no.

"Well hell, if you did then I guess that I did to," Adam says with a crooked smile.

Ronan laughs loud and long."Yeah, yeah I guess so," He  says smiling a real smile that is only ever reserved for Adam Parrish.

Adam smiles too."Ronan just how long have you been looking at me and I was to stubborn to notice?"

"About a month into school or so," Ronan says with a blush rising to his neck.

Adam's smile has turned even softer, warmer. "You should have shook some sense into me sooner then."

Ronan smiles just as softly."It wouldn't have been right, and it sure as hell wouldn't have worked. I'm surprised it worked now," He says honestly.

"So am I. This doesn't really seem like something I would do," Adam says sincerely.

"What do you mean?" Ronan asks, although he is none to confused in the slightest about what Adam was saying.

Adam rolls his eyes."You know, that I could ever have a spur of the moment make out session with bad boy Ronan Lynch in the middle of the woods," Adam says honestly. And truthfully, Adam was right. He had always been a careful person, not getting to attached to anymore people that would cause him trouble, if he could help it that is. And Ronan Lynch just seems like one of those troubles he can't help but getting attached to.

Ronan raises a mischievous eyebrow and smirks haughtily. "Bad boy, ey?" He asks, pleased.

Adam rolls his eyes and steps closer."Don't get cocky there Lynch. After all, maybe I'm not into bad boys," He says.

Ronan follows Adam's movements and steps closer as well. "I bet that you are."

Adam looks down at him and laughs. "Prove it," He says, repeating Ronan's earlier words.

Ronan smirks and takes the final step closer to Adam. Looking up into Adam's eyes he says smugly,"You're the one who started using tongue."

Adam feels the blush rise to his cheeks while Ronan smiles in amusement. "You son of a-" Adam starts, but is cut off by Ronan.

"Hey it's not a bad thing Parrish, I know that I was into it," He says.

Adam gazes around at the lawn. "Well played," He mumbles curtly.

Ronan gives a cheeky smile."You know Adam I-"

"RONAN RONAN!" A shrill voice cut through the air.

The two boys turn to look for the speaker. Adam elbows Ronan in the side,"Look, up on that hill." He says. "Who is that?" He asked.

Ronan's face turns sour. His eyebrows turn down, his forehead creases, and his lips point to hell. Intently he stares at the figure on the hill as it moves towards them. The figure has the build of a man and has his shoulders squared back while he walks with an arrogant strut. Adam briefly observes the figure before turning his attention back to Ronan. Who is this guy? Adam thinks. And why is Ronan all upset by him. Suddenly Ronan throws his arms around Adam's shoulders. Adam raises his eyebrows but quickly drops his look of surprise.

The figure is quick to make his way down the hill and stand before the pair, eyeing Adam suspiciously and following Ronan's arm from his body to where it lays around Adam's shoulders.

"Ronan, nice to see that you're doing okay. For all I knew you could have been dead," The figure says, his tone obnoxiously polite.

Ronan in turn ignores what the man had just said and instead introduces everyone. "Adam this is my older brother Declan, he's going to a college not too far from here," Ronan says with a gesture to his brother. "Declan this is Adam."

Declan and Adam look one another up and down once more before looking back at Ronan, neither too interested in the other.

"Is he one of the people you're going on break with?" Declan asks calmly.

"Yes I am," Adam answers for himself.

Declan glances at him but doesn't say anything else. Ronan watches the exchange quietly before saying, "So I guess Gansey has been keeping you up to date on everything that I'm doing?"

"Someone has to," Declan declares. "If you want to keep that car of yours and if you want to keep staying here that is."

Ronan narrows his eyes. "It's a good thing that Gansey is so efficient then," Ronan states, only just holding back his anger.

Declan narrowes his own eyebrows. "Yes it is, and of course that you've been staying out of trouble, which of course I'm also sure he's had nothing to do with," Declan says, baiting his younger brother so openly, that Adam easily notices.

"What are you doing here Declan?" Ronan asks, ignoring his brothers's bait.

Declan rolls his eyes. "I wanted to let you know that Matthew still wants us to see him over break. He's thinking about a picnic after church on the Sunday before school starts up again."

"Why doesn't he just tell me that himself?" Ronan asks curtly.

Declan chuckles. "He says that he's been studying too much. The only reason I know any of this is because I called him so many times he basically had to pick up," He says, suddenly happy.

Ronan smiles slightly. "Sounds like him. I'll drop by his dorm before I leave," Ronan paused for a moment to think. "And yeah Sunday works," He says casually.

"Great, I'll see you then. Goodbye Ronan, Adam," Declan says before turning around and walking back up the hill towards the parking lot. Suddenly he turns around though, "Oh and Ronan, next time could you please pick up my calls so I don't have to drive all the way down here?" With that the Lynch brother turns back around before even getting an answer, and slowly disappearing from view.

"He seems friendly," Adam mutters through his frowning lips.

"No, he doesn't," Ronan says while glaring up at the hill his brother left on.

Adam watches Ronan intently. He seems so upset by his brother, most people can't get under his skin like that, Adam thinks.

Adam pokes Ronan in the side. "Snap out of it would you. You've been staring at that hill for a while now and it's starting to get creepy," He says, faking irritation.

Ronan finally breaks his gaze away from the hill and focuses back on Adam. "He's such a fucked up guy. All he had to do was send a text," Ronan says thinking out loud.

"Yeah but would you have read it?" Adam asks knowingly.

Ronan now glares at him. "Smartass," He mutters.

Adam grins in victory. "Don't be all sour just because you know I'm smarter," He says jokingly.

Ronan rolls his eyes."Screw off Parrish."

"Make me Lynch," Adam challenges.

The two boys smile at one another challengingly before hearing a loud clock chime over head. The two glanced around. "I guess it's later than I thought," Adam says. "I should start packing,"

Ronan nods in agreement. Silently the two walk back to their dorm building where they part ways at the front doors so they can head to their own rooms.

So now, Ronan sits on the floor of his room with a bottle of boos laid carefully by his side and an open suitcase before him that is only half full. The only clothing yet in the suitcase are the neat church clothes that he wears almost every Sunday for the occasion. Sighing, he takes another gulp of his drink and wipes his mouth. He's not sure of any of the other things he'll need for break. He doesn't know if Blue's family would like to see him in fancy clothes or his preferred ragged and casual ones. In the end he decides to just grab his clothes of choice and stuff them into his suitcase. There isn't much in the case so he easily zips it's closed and throws it at the bottom of his bed.

Ronan hears the door to his dorm creek open so he quickly grabs his bottle and lays a pillow over it on the bed. Turning towards the door he sees no one other than his friend and roommate Noah Czerny. A sigh of relief escapes his lips. Easily, he reaches under his pillow and pulls the bottle out again.

Noah raises a tired eyebrow. "What did you think that Gansey suddenly acquired a key to our dorm?" Noah asks while closing the door behind him.

Ronan watches as the boy flops down face first onto his bed. "No but I thought that maybe he was with you," Ronan replies.

Noah groans in understanding. "Have you packed for Blue's yet?" His muffled voice says through his pillows.

"Just finished," He replies. "And you?" He asks.

Noah shrugs. "Not yet I've been to busy."

"Doing what?" Ronan pushes to know.

"Talking to Blue," He mumbles. Noah flips around on the bed so that his stomach is to the ceiling and the back of his head lays against the lopsided pillow."She'll talk for a long time if you let her. She's nice," He smiles.

Ronan gives a crooked smile. "Okay then, what did you two kids talk about?"

Noah shrugs as if it doesn't matter but he can't keep a toothy grin from his face. Ronan turns his back to his roommate and smiles sadly. I'll have to talk to Blue about it later. I guess she was a bit to distracted to mention it before, Ronan thinks.

Noah shakes his head. "So what have you been up to?" He asks innocently.

Ronan feels some heat rise to his face. "Not much," He says curtly.

Noah props up in his elbow."Oh yeah?" He questions suspiciously.

Ronan keeps his mouth shut so Noah drops the subject. They stay in silence for a few moments so Noah stands up to start packing. Opening his drawers he stops in his tracks and frowns at the contents inside.

"What should I pack?" He asks clueless.

Ronan sighs after taking another swig from his boos. "My guess," Ronan says. "is to just take whatever you want and it will be fine. I don't think Blue comes from a very judgmental family."

Noah nods. "Yeah I bet that they're really nice people, just like Blue."

"To tell you the truth I'm not sure what her family is like at all," Ronan mutters.

Noah frowns."Well yeah I guess we all don't really know much about one another's families. No one has really said anything or asked anyone about it," He says distantly.

Ronan thinks about what he knows about Blue's family and Gansey's family and Noah's and even Adam's, but in truth it wasn't much. The person he knew most about was Gansey, because who the hell doesn't know about Gansey's family. His mother is a senator and his father has always been extremely wealthy. His sister excelled when she went to Aligonby Academy and her name is still up on the wall for leading her soccer team to the state championship. The Gansey family is notorious and respected throughout the school and much of North America.

But everyone else's family he only knows about dimly. Ronan is aware of how Blue is here on a scholarship and is looking for the trail of her father, which her mother and friends had hidden from her, but that she still loves and misses them all. He also knows that Adam is also here because of a hard earned scholarship and always shows resentment at the mention of home and that the first few days of school Adam was covered in bruises that he had desperately tried to hide. Meanwhile, Noah hardly talks about his family, but then again Noah never really talks about anything that only involves himself.

"Goodnight Ronan," Noah suddenly sighs and turns off his lamp.

"Night Czerny," Ronan sighs before pulling his own lamp string.

********meanwhile in Gansey and Adam's dorm*********

"Are you going to visit your parents while we're in town?" Gansey asks his roommate.

"I don't know, why do you care?" Adam snaps.

Gansey, like Ronan, had observed the bruises and cuts along Adam as well. "Just curious, no harm meant," Gansey responds calmingly.

Adam shakes his head and scolds himself for having such a sudden temper. "What about you? Aren't you sad that you won't be seeing your family during break?" He asks.

Gansey shrugs nonchalantly."I'll just see them on our next break. They don't mind, mom has work anyway so I'm not exactly missing much," Gansey says with a content smile.

"You're mom is like a senator or something, right?" Adam asks curiously.

Gansey nods."That's right. She's even running for office again next year so we're all really busy with campaigning for the time being," He says proudly. Gansey has always been proud of everything related to his family. Because what's not to be proud of? They have strong morals, have worked hard to get where they are, and have always shown one another love. To Gansey, his family really is the best part of his life.

"Oh," Adam mumbles is awe. "Well I hope she gets in then."

Gansey flashes a magnificent grin towards his friend. "Thanks I'll tell her that you say so."

Adam returns the smile and tries to enjoy the pleasing air between himself and his friend while it last.

*****Neeve and Blue's dorm******

"This break is soooo needed," Neeve exclaims as she tiredly lays on her bed.

"I agree, but your break hasn't started yet. You still need to study and make up your test tomorrow," Blue explains to Neeve yet again.

Her roommate groans."I know okay, I'm just so tired and this test isn't even worth that much so would you please chill out?" Neeve teases her roommate.

Blue smiles."Whatever it's your grade not mine."

Neeve rolls her eyes."It'll be fine so long as we study tomorrow before you leave."

Blue hums to herself. What's tomorrow going to be like? She wonders. Will we even survive the car trip home? Gansey and Adam might just end up killing one another, Blue laughs to herself at the thought. Hell, at least Ronan and Adam won't be harassing each other now.

Sighing, Blue closes her eyes and becomes serious. I just hope that mom and Cala and Persephone don't scare them all away. It probably won't be easy for them to just be cool with the fact that my family is made up of psychics. No, I guess that fact is kinda weird to anyone who's not from town. Suddenly a new thought comes to Blue. It's going to be strange to go home again. To see everyone again. Everyone....

********************************
Well I hope that everyone enjoyed this chapter! If you did then please leave a comment and a vote! Btw, like always I love feedback, it's all really helpful! Okay well I hope you all have a great rest of your day/night!
              ~Stranger

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

639 10 17
Kaitlyn Euphemia Potter/ Sirius Orion Black *** Sometimes a friendship can turn into something beautiful but sometimes it just doesn't work out. She...
8.6K 172 20
in which your friend accidentally adds you to to the slytherin gc and you get close with them modern day hogwarts au -- mattheo boutta make me switch...
12K 212 32
Y/N was one of the first people sent up by WCKD. After over two years, a brunette boy comes up in the box and turns her life upside down. This is ba...
7.2K 227 14
𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐡𝐚𝐝 expected their relationship to bloom the way it had. They had very little in common, never paid mu...