Young Justice: Red Comet

Da RoseandPaper

(Red Beetle: Book 2) Remy Emerson aka Red Beetle is giving all of her trust to Dusk. Dusk is the only one tha... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Spirit Plane
Chapter 2 - A Breathing Corpse
Chapter 3 - Consequences
Chapter 4 - Right and Wrong
Chapter 5 - Heat
Chapter 6 - Green
Chapter 7 - Peace
Chapter 8 - Apologies
Chapter 9 - Heat Waves
Chapter 11 - Evaluation
Chapter 12 - Blue
Chapter 13 - Guilt
Chapter 14 - Fire
Chapter 15 - Maska
Chapter 16 - Girl Talk
Chapter 17 - Advice
Chapter 18 - Ice Cream
Chapter 19 - Overheating
Chapter 20 - Warmth
Chapter 21 - Sickness
Chapter 22 - The Morning After

Chapter 10 - Confrontation

1.3K 54 19
Da RoseandPaper

—Wanda

Remy and Jaime both burst into the room  just as the T.V. show ends. Mev and I both look up from our position on the couch.

"Hey, have you guys seen M'gann?" Remy asks, her armor is on, Jaime's is too.

"I think they're up at the Watchtower with Nightwing, having some meeting with the Justice League. Why?" Mev asks. His green arms are wrapped around my shoulders, and I feel the vibrations in his chest as he speaks.

"We need to find out the truth, Remy." Jaime says, his eyebrows narrowed in worry.

"I know, we need to talk to her now." Remy says, impatient and frustrated.

"Wait, what's going on?" I demand. Remy and Jaime finally focus on us, Jaime gives me a cold stare.

"You know the alien girl we found?" Remy asks.

"Yes. Bart told us about her, saying her name was Nova." Mev says, looking curiously between the two Beetles.

"Well, she has a friend." Remy breathes out, "His name was Maska something something, and well, he seemed to be some sort of officer from their planet that wants to bring Nova back for murder."

Mev and I are both in shocked silence. I stand up and Mev follows me. Jaime's cold stare focuses on me as I move to stand in front of them with Mev by my side.

"We need to go get her, now." I say.

"Remy doesn't believe that what Maska was saying is true. We want M'gann to search Nova's mind and found out the truth." Jaime says, finally not glaring at me anymore.

"I can search Nova's mind." Everyone looks at Mev. His cheeks flush at the attention, and I remember how much I love the blush on his green skin. "I mean, I'm not as powerful as my mom, but I'm still pretty strong."

"Perfect!" Remy nearly yells in excitement, "Let's go talk to her now."

She begins turning to head for the infirmary when Jaime grabs her hand.

"We need to tell Bart first." He reminds her. She nods, and looks back at us.

I look up at Mev, "Are you sure you're up to it, Mev? You don't have to do it right now." I tell him softly.

He straightens up, determined. "I can do it. Let's go."

We all start walking, and Mev reaches out to me mentally.

"Do you think she's a murderer?" He asks me quietly.

"Most likely. Why else would another alien show up looking for her? She's obviously running from something."

Mev becomes silent, unsure. I feel like the alien we have in our infirmary is up to no good.

We enter the hallway, and once outside the infirmary, Mev notices that Bart is in there with Nova. Speaking in his mind, Mev tells Bart to come out into the hall and we proceed to tell him everything that has happen, including the plan to get the truth from Nova.

Bart is silent for a moment, but then says, "I don't think she's a murderer."

"I don't either, but we still need to know for sure." Remy tells him.

Bart gives a nod in respond, before heading back into the room to tell the now awake Nova that some people want to meet her.

Jaime and Remy head in first, and she introduces her boyfriend. Then, Mev and I head inside.

The first thing I notice is her white hair, then the bruises and stitches that decorate her face. Whoever she fought got her good. Did those wounds came from the person she murdered?

"Hi. I'm M'evolo, but you can call me Mev. This is Wanda." He speaks in a friendly tone, slipping his hand into mine. Her bright blue eyes notice our entwined hands, and then she's back to focusing on us.

I nod in her direction, and she stares at me for a moment longer. Remy, Bart and Jaime begin asking the alien odd question, like about her planet and home life. Nova, confused but willingly, answers the questions. 

Mev and I stand in the corner of the room. I feel his body relax as he begins the mind search.

Then the alien's skin lightens to a yellow and Mev jerks away from me. I stare at him in shock as his hand clutch at his head and he yells in pain.

"Stay out of my head, Martian." The alien girl breathes out, her eyes wide in intensity. The smell of smoke fills the room.

"Stop hurting him!" I yell, about to lung at her, when Remy holds me back and Bart reaches out to Nova.

"Hey, hey! Everyone calm down!" Bart says. Nova flinches as Bart hand reaches for hers and he stops. She starts breathing heavily, and her skin turns back to its regular tanned state.

Mev lowers his hands from his head, but his eyes are narrowed in remembered pain.

"I have never met anyone with as strong mental defense as you. I couldn't even enter your psyche." He breathes out heavily. I rip away from Remy's hold and go to him.

"Why are you trying to read my mind?" She asks, her body tense and her breathing controlled.

"Because me and Jaime ran into another Torran. His name was Maska, and he told us you were wanted for murder." Remy explains. All eyes are on the alien as she takes the information in. Her breathing hitches in her throat, and her skin begins turning colors again. I hear a whispered, "Oh no."

"Hey, calm down. It's okay, just tell us what happen." Bart says, gently. He's the closest one to her, and she focus on him. They lock eye contact for a long time, then she finally lets out a long breath.

"I am not a murderer." She speaks softly, mostly to Bart. He's just as focused on her, and when she says this, he gives a small sigh of relief.

"Ma—Maska is a warrior, a solider on our planet. You saw him, correct?" She speaks to Jaime and Remy, they both nod.

"You saw his black hair, and red eyes?" They nod again, glancing at each other.

Her eyes flickers to everyone in the room. She's obviously scared.

"It's okay, Nova. You're safe here." Bart says gently. Nova focuses on him again. Still looking at him, she says, "That is what my people look like. Black hair and red eyes. Now, as you can clearly see, I have white hair and blue eyes."

She stops, for a moment, bracing herself. "I am unique among my people. Torran's create fire with their hands, and can manipulate it. But my gifts are different. I create heat, not fire, but actually heat with my entire body. It is rare, and so much so that it is almost non-existent. I can do many things that normal Torran's cannot. I also have an impenetrable psyche." She says the last part looking at Mev. I glare at her, and she looks away.

Stupid alien girl. If she hurts Mev again, I'll kill her. I don't care what sob story she lies about next, I'll take her down.

"What does this have to do with Maska?" Jaime asks. The alien tense up again, but gets a hold of herself.

"He discovery exactly what I could do, and started to use me. I was trying to escape him, but he still found him." Her voice trembles and her skin almost changes color.

"He will never touch you, Nova." Bart says reassuringly, "I promise. We'll all keep you safe."

She looks at him, surprise on her face. "You're still going to let me stay?"

"Of course," Remy says, smiling. "You're part of the Team now."

I scoff, everyone focuses on me. "Are you serious? You actually trust her?"

Mev reaches for my hands, cupping them in his own. "It makes sense, Wanda. Jaime and Remy saw that Maska guy, and he looked different from Nova. Not to mention he attacked both of them."

I glare at everyone around the room. "Fine, but don't come crying to me when she stabs you in the back." I turn around, about to leave.

"You would know, wouldn't you, Wanda." Jaime's words bite at me.

"Jaime!" Remy rebukes him. I face him, and his cold stare.

"If you have something you need to say to me, say it." I say, my voice icy calm.

"Guys, not here." Bart tells us, seemingly standing defensive in front of Nova's bed. The alien stares at us, confused.

"Sorry," Jaime speaks, but doesn't take his eyes off me. "Let's talk, alone."

We all head outside of the room, leaving Bart and Nova. Mev has to practically drag me out. We make it to the mission room before Mev turns and faces Jaime and Remy.

"It wasn't her fault." He pleads, "She had to do what she did."

"We know that," Remy says, trying to use a calm voice but she's obviously fired up.

"We need to do this, Mev" I say, stepping away from him and staring at Jaime. He returns the cold glare.

Mev and Remy exchange glances, before he says, "Okay, but be civil, please."

"Jaime, please be fair." Remy whispers to him. He breaks eye contact so he can kiss her on the lips. Remy looks at me, before walking and touching my arm in a comforting way.

"Don't be too harsh." She says before walking away. I feel comfort at the fact that Remy is trying to be my friend again, or at least not hate me. Jaime could take a lesson or two from her.

Mev squeezes my hand, before following Remy.

"Just call out to me if Jaime is being rude. I will remind him to be a gentleman for you." He says before leaving them room. I want to smile at his protectiveness.

The touch of his presence in my mind leaves, and now it's just me, and Jaime. We spend a moment, just glaring at each other before he opens his mouth.

"I don't trust you."

I laugh without humor, "And I have blonde hair. What else do we need to state that's obvious?" My voice cold and sarcastic.

"If you even begin to look at Remy wrong, I will stop you. And I don't care how I do it." His voice low and full of warning.

My breath catches for half a second. This was Jaime when he confronted me about being getting Remy on mode. He honestly scared me, and that doesn't happen often. He seems innocent, but he has a dark side just like the rest of us.

"That's a little dark for you." I say, trying to keep my icy tone.

He's silent for a moment, then says, "I love her. She is everything to me. I thought I lost her twice now... And I am never going to lose her again." His voice barely a whisper.

A pang of agony hits me, as I remember exactly what I did to Remy and everyone else. The guilt eating away at me, but I force myself to not show it.

"I did what I had to too keep Mev safe. I did what I did because I love Mev. Don't say you wouldn't do the exact same for Remy." My voice still sounding hard.

"Doesn't matter." He speaks. "You will never harm Remy ever again, and I will make sure of it."

He begins walking past me, heading for the bedrooms, when he stops beside me. He doesn't look my way as he whispers, "She may have forgiven you for what you've done, but I never will, no matter the reason."

With that, he walks away. My guilt, awoke with a new furious hunger, begins to consume me. I stand there until Mev comes for me. He wraps his arms me and that's when I realize I'm trembling.

If only Jaime know how much I regret hurting Remy. 

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
983K 37.1K 88
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
2.3M 118K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
281K 9.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...