Out Of The Shadows (Lesbian f...

Galing kay kealohas

Living with guilt and a broken heart, Lacey joins the military to drown out the memories of her past. But the... Higit pa

Author's Note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
A/N
Part 20
A/N
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
What do you think?

Part 6

18.6K 856 50
Galing kay kealohas

Lacey

It's been weeks since I've talked to Amelia and it worries me that she may be slipping into depression. I don't know what happened between the time we woke up together that morning and the lunch outing Lauren planned, but I've seen that same look she had in her eyes that day at the office, before, it was the same look Jackie had before pushing me away. This made me feel like there's more to her depression besides what happened at the party and I knew it had to do with the senator's son.

Speaking of the senators son, I came across his name in the file my client Mr. Lewis gave me. I've been investigating a breach in his company. Lewis Industries is one of the largest defense contractors for the Unites States Military. Someone has been selling the companies designs and these weapons have found their way into terrorist hands.

I contacted an old friend and my former Captain, Morgan De Luca. She was the one who got me this job when I left the USMC. She got out a few years before me and started her own security company specifically designed to investigate terrorist activities. We lost a lot of good men and women overseas. There was corruption in the highest leaves of our government, and wars being fought for reasons of power and greed. Our soldiers were losing their lives for nothing. How could we fight a war when our own people were supplying the enemy.

I made arraignments to meet up with her and her team to fill them in on my investigation I emailed her the files and the information I had gathered so far, but first, I needed to check on Amelia to make sure she makes it home safely, it's something I've been doing since she started taking a taxi home late at night instead of riding home with Lauren.

I've been parked across the street in my usual spot for about ten minutes when a Black Mercedes-Benz with dark windows pulled up to the curb in front of the Tribune. I kept watch on the exit a few feet behind the car, a few people exited the building as I waited patiently for Amelia to emerge. Soon the familiar redhead exited the building pulling her jacket securely around her as she clutched her bag close to her while she searching the street for her taxi as usual.

A tall man in a trench coat exited the Mercedes, I did not need to see his face to know who he was as he walked towards her. I started my car and raced towards the intersection about a block away and made U-turn causing the oncoming cars to skid to a stop while blowing their horns as I cut them off. I didn't care my only concern was getting to Amelia fast. Tires screeched as I slammed on my brakes bring my car diagonally to block of his car. I jumped out and ran towards Amelia as she fought off his hold.

"Let her go!" I yelled. He let her go and slowly backed away from her never taking his eyes from her. "Amelia," I called, she turned and threw herself at me as I clutched her in my arms, letting her bury her face into my chest as she shook and sobbed. "It's ok I got you," I said as I tried to sooth her.

"You're making a big mistake Amelia," Brad growled, causing her to clutch to me tighter. "Let's see if your little savior here will want you around when she find out what a slut you are."

"Say that again and it will be the last words you breath," I said angrily my eyes meeting his. I leaned down to whisper in Amelia's ear. "don't listen to him, there isn't anything he or anyone can say that will change how I see you." I backed up and placed a hand on her chin raising her teary eyes to mine. "not anything." I repeated. She nodded and I lead her to my car helping her in.

I turned back to Brad who was standing by his opened car door. "be ready to see the video of the women your so set on protecting." He said as he got in the car, "I'm sure you'll see her for what she is, Mine." he growled before slamming the door. I walked towards his car as he reversed back quickly taking off.

'bastard' I mumbled. I returned to my car and got in, looking over to a broken Amelia I sighed. I reached over and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry this has to happen to you, but I promise I'll make it stop," I whispered.

"Thank you for rescuing me, again." She sniffled. "I'm so sorry Lacey for distancing myself from you, there's just so much you don't know, and I'm afraid you'll hate me when you find out."

"Never, " I said placing a kiss on her forehead. "You'll never have to worry about that. I promise." I said wiping her tears away with my thumbs. "I have to meet some people would you like me to drop you off at home?" I asked

She shook her head no "I'd prefer to stay with you for now if that is ok." I thought about what Brad said before he drove off, the video, that is probably how he's been able to manipulate Amelia this long, I needed to find it and get rid of it, but I'd need access to his home and computers. I knew of only one way. "Great." I answered Amelia, I'd love the company."

I sent a quick text to Lauren letting her know Amelia was with me and another to Morgan letting her know I was on my way, then I dialed Mr. Lewis, nothing like killing two birds with one stone. The phone picked up on the first ring and I was transferred to Mr. Lewis, "sir. Crawford here."

"How are you Ms. Crawford, How is the investigation coming?" he asked

"I need a favor, I'm following up on a few things and need access to Richmond, Work, Home anything you can give me." Amelia looked at me with fear, and I reached over taking her hand before returning my attention to the phone.

"Do you suspect it's him?"

"Just checking off the list sir," I answered.

"What is it you need." He inquired.

"I need him out of town for a few weeks while my team and I go through his personal files." I said, "without a warrant nothing will be admissible in court, but if he's your guy or affiliated with anything I'm sure the government has its way."

"Consider done he'll be out of your way in twenty-four hours. I'll email you the information you need," he said ending the call.

*****************

A half hour later I pulled up in front of De Luca's Bar and Grill. I looked over to Amelia who seemed to have calmed down her eyes not as red as they were. I'm meeting my friend here we can get something to eat as well if you'd like. She nodded I got out walking quickly to her door opening it for her helping her out.

I held the door open for her as we entered the bar, I quickly scanned the area looking for Morgan when I saw the brunet waving me over. I gave a quick wave back and placed my hand on the small of Amelia back and led her to the booth. Morgan stood as we approached her eyes glancing over to Amelia then to my arm behind her, before looking back up to my eyes. "Gunny." She smiled.

"Captain" I answered with a small smile of my own as she quickly embraced me.

"It's been a long time Lace," She said as she leaned back. "Who's your friend.?" She asked looking at Amelia.

"This is Amelia Watson, Amelia this is my former Captain and friend Morgan De Luca." I introduced the women.

"De Luca? Like the name on the marquee, " Amelia asked.

"The very same, have a seat you two." Morgan motioned to the booth.

"I need to excuse myself to the ladies room," Amelia said.

"Down the hall first door on the right," Morgan replied.

My hand tightened around her waist. "You ok?" I whispered she nodded.

"I won't be long," she smiled for the first time tonight. "Can you order me a beer?"

"Sure," I answered releasing her, she turned and headed to the hallway.  I took a seat my eyes never leaving her until she disappeared from sight.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Morgan asked to bring my attention back to her.

"No " I answered simply. "she's a friend."

"But you like her, " she alleged. I looked at her trying to understand what she was implying. "The way you look at her, for as long as I've known you, you've never looked at anyone that way, not even me," she said sadly.

I shook my head, "Look." I said trying to change the subject. "did you get the files I sent?" I asked.

"Yes, " she reached down beside her and picked up her laptop placing it on the table and turned it to me. " So this Richmond fellow, she started he has some very influential friends have you looked into him yet?"

"Not yet but I've made arraignments for him to be out of town for at least a week or two. He'll be out of our way in twenty-four hours. " I answered then looked to see if Amelia was on her way back finding her standing in front of the jukebox. "Look I got him out of town for more than this investigation, he's, he's a rapist," I looked at Morgan and she understood the anger displaying on my face. "He almost got Amelia at her party, he may have done something to her in the past, mentioned something about a video." I hurry to explain as I saw Amelia heading our way. "I'll have access to his home, I'll email you the information. Please." I looked at her knowing I did not need to explain any further as Amelia sat down.

"Conceder it was done. " she said nodding as she closed her laptop putting it away, "have you two eaten?" she asked. "we've got the best Chicken Cacciatore in the city." she bragged.

"Sound delicious," Amelia answered as she sipped her beer.

"Guess we're staying for dinner," I smiled at her glad to have her near me once again. 'I think it's time to tell her about my own past maybe it's will help her see that I'll always be here for her. She slid her beer over to me and I raised a brow.

"If we're having Italian I'm having wine." she grinned.

I unconsciously reached up and tucked her hair behind her ear."Anything for you, " I said staring into her deep green eyes.

"Well, " Morgan interrupted. "I'll go put the order in," she smiled as she got up and headed towards the bar.

*********

A/N: Sorry it's taken a while to post, please comment, and vote. Let me know what you think. This story is un-edited as you can see,

Thanks for reading

Ke

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

141K 5K 54
A bodyguard willing to throw away everything for their client, a client who's willing to keep hold of everything for their bodyguard. To survive in...
475K 6.6K 51
The night after her parents death, she's forced and threatened by the Queen at the age of ten to get engaged to the princess whose father is the murd...
96.6K 3.5K 32
#Unbreak Sequel# (Please read Unbreak first before you read this one.) 10 YEARS LATER . . . . . . ∆ Contains : -strong language -gxg sex scene ∆ It's...
1.3M 23.4K 33
When Dana Thomas's parents get divorced, and her aunt and uncle pass away, her mother decides it's time for a change - just in time for senior year o...