The Tattooed Prince

GladysVanessa tarafından

Adalyn lives a boring life, she has a scheduled routine, rich life, and parents who are barely home. For othe... Daha Fazla

The Tattooed Prince
The Tatooed Prince:Intro
The Tattooed Prince(1)
The Tattooed Prince(2)
The Tattooed Prince(3)
The Tattooed Prince(4)
The Tattooed Prince(5)
The Tattooed Prince(6)
The Tattooed Prince(8)
The Tattooed Prince(9)
The Tattooed Prince(10)
The Tattooed Prince(11)
The Tattooed Prince(12)
The Tattooed Prince(13)
The Tattooed Prince(14)
The Tattooed Prince(15)
The Tattooed Prince(16)
The Tattooed Prince(17)
The Tattooed Prince(18)
The Tattooed Prince(19)
The Tattooed Prince(20)
The Tattooed Prince(21)
The Tattooed Prince(22)
The Tattooed Prince(23)
The Tattooed Prince(24)
The Tattooed Prince(25)
The Tattooed Prince(26)
The Tattooed Prince(27)
The Tattooed Prince(28)
The Tattooed Prince(29)
Authors Note

The Tattooed Prince(7)

124K 3.4K 420
GladysVanessa tarafından

It was Thursday night and I couldn’t sleep. The entire day Sophia had me all over the palace checking one thing, and organizing the other. I didn’t even have time to sit down for a second, so by the time I was in the shower I was ready to knock out. But my nerves weren’t as calm as I wanted them to be, and I couldn’t sleep at all.

I sat up and flatten out the comforter. Tomorrow I would be marrying Sebastian Cortez, a dream I wish would never come true. Ever since Tuesday night he hasn’t spoken a single word to me. Earlier today we bumped into each other and he just excused himself and walked off again.

It didn’t feel right having him upset with me, especially now that we are getting married just a few hours from now. I wanted to apologize to him for saying I was going to run away, I shouldn’t have done that. I was just aggravated with him and his stubborn ways. If he just would’ve listen to me and see that he won’t be happy with me, then tomorrow he would be marrying Madison and not me.

I slipped out of bed and put on my slippers. It was passed two, and I felt wide awake. I noticed that at night it’s when I feel calm in the palace. I find peace and quiet, and I don’t have a grouchy fiancée to worry about.

Not putting much thought into it I went downstairs to the kitchen. This turned into my regular routine, waking up in the middle of the night and eating a snack. I opened the cabinet and pulled out a bag of baked cookies. Before the cook left today I asked him to bake me cookies, just for my own sweet tooth.

I poured myself a glass of milk and jumped on top of the counter. I opened the zip-lock bag and the aroma of chocolate hit my nostrils. I groaned in delight throwing a cooking in my mouth. I wasn’t the type of girl that loved eating sweets, but chocolate cookies killed me. They were my weakness. Munching on a couple I closed the bag and drank my cup of milk.

“Wow, are you sure your wedding dress is going to fit tomorrow?” Sebastian said amused.

I snapped my head up to see a shirtless Sebastian leaning against the door. My heart stop beating as my eyes got lost to his tone body. How could he hide a body like that in a uniform? It wasn’t possible! The way his tattoos swirls in every corner of his body intrigued me. They almost hypnotized me in the snake form they went.

I gazed away from him, hiding my embarrassment. I stared at his body too long. Yeah. I sure did, now he would know I was checking him out. He was then going to find some sort of way to mock me with it later on.

He walked passed me to the fridge. “You shouldn’t be embarrassed that you were drooling over my body, you are my fiancée,”

I cleared my throat, reconstructing myself from that moment. “Why don’t you have a shirt on?” I asked him. “If your mom would walk in and saw you shirtless and me on the counter she would think wrong,”

He poured himself an ice cold glass of water, chuckling amusedly. “It’s two in the morning, and she sleeps on the other side of the palace…I doubt she would walk in right now,”

I shrug. “You never know,”

He placed the jar of water inside the fridge and closed it. “I doubt it plus, we are getting married tomorrow they can’t really tell us what we should be doing or not.” He responded stupidly.

I think pretending to be in love with each other was getting to him. What made him think I wanted to see him shirtless? You did stupid! Right. The way I raped him with my eyes confirmed him I enjoyed seeing him shirtless.

“Excuse me, I’m going to go die now,” I murmured jumping off the counter.

“Pardon?” He quickly said.

Way to go Adalyn, you’re more asleep than awake now! I shook my head. “Sorry, I’m just tired.” I whispered.

Sebastian looked at me attentively. “You want me to take you to bed?” I heard him say.

I didn’t have to turn around to feel his cocky smirk spread on his lips. “Goodnight Sebastian,” I growled storming off upstairs.

I took in a deep breath, calming myself down. I stood by the window gazing down as the guest began to arrive. Sophia had helped me get ready and she had me waiting in my room until it was time. She assured me I was going to be fine alone, but she was wrong. The little I had eaten this morning was now on the top of my throat urging to come out.

I ran my hands through the wedding dress trying to keep myself together. I couldn’t throw up right now; once I start I wouldn’t stop. I marched up to long length mirror in my bathroom and admire at myself.

The dress was completely breath taking, the top part was decorated with flowery patterns, and as the dress went down the decoration flowed to the sides. In the middle of my torso was a lacey belt. A lady came and did my hair; she curled it before pinning it all up at the bottom. Sophia then came and placed a bright shiny crown on my head. Her eyes water from the happiness she was feeling.

I wish I could feel the same. I grabbed hold of my dress and stepped outside of the room. No one was supposed to be on this side of the palace, and if I would stay any longer near the restroom I would end up hurling.

I walked down the hall humming a soft beat inside my head. It ease the nerves that I was feeling. As I passed a slightly open door I was able to take a glance at Sebastian and Madison. I stopped dead in my tracks listening to.

“You’re killing me here!” Madison cried out to him. “Why didn’t you just give me time!”

“Time? You wanted me to give you time!” Sebastian snapped at her. “You made me look like a complete fool to the entire school Madison! I thought you loved me!”

I turned around not wanting to listen more to what they were saying, but something stopped me. I wanted to know where this was going, and why did it take Madison until now to come crying to him.

Madison wiped her tears, sighing. “I do love you. I love you so much Sebastian.”

Sebastian placed his hands inside his slacks looking away from her. “It’s too late to be telling me this don’t you think?” He said harshly.

Madison nodded. “I can’t watch get married today…I’ll die if I do.” 

Sebastian locked eyes with her and that sparkling gaze appeared again. “You know Adalyn, that poor girl, she kept insisting me to go look for you and marry you instead. But I didn’t, how could I kick her out, when not even her mom wanted her.”

I felt a slight sab in the center of my chest. How did he know about my mother and me? I gulped, keeping myself from crying.

“She isn’t your responsibility,” Madison spoke out. “You know your mom would keep her wealthy if you were to marry me.”

Sebastian nodded. “But then I thought why should she pay for your mistake?”

Madison eyes widen as he said that to her. Where was he going with this? Did he suddenly care about me or was this just s stunt of his. Sebastian walked towards the mirror and looked out of it.

“It was you who denied me, and I think it’s fair it’s you who suffers,”

I didn’t have to be in love with Sebastian to feel that stab straight in my heart. He was just being cold-hearted because today he was getting married. He was pushing her away because he thought that was his only choice.

“You don’t love me do you?” Madison stepped towards him.

Sebastian glanced at her and smiled. “I love you more than anything I ever had.”

I watched as Madison grabbed onto him and slammed her lips onto his. That’s when I decided to stop watching. I took hold of my dress and ran down the hallway to my room. I couldn’t do this. I refused to break up a love as strong as theirs.

With tears streaming down my face I unzipped the dress and took it off. I rushed into the closet and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans. I threw on a black muscle shirt and my black converse on. Even if I were to live on the streets it was better than knowing you broke love between two people.

I stuffed some clothes in my backpack, and threw it over my shoulder. Before I left I fixed the wedding dress, the silver heels, and the shiny crown on the bed. Sophia was going to be disappointed in me, but I hoped she would understand my reason.

I opened the door and glanced both ways in the hallways. No one was at sight, I slipped out and made a run for it. The palace had only one exit and that was through the front of the gate. If I were to leave they would know it’s me.

Instead of going inside the main palace I ran across the field. Everyone would be too busy to notice someone running. At the end of the field was a fence I could easily climb and jump off.

My heart pounded against my chest and I threw my bag over the fence. I began to climb it, glancing over my shoulder every now and then. I prayed Sophia wouldn’t have notice I was missing.

I sat on top of the fence agreeing this was what was best for me. It was the best thing for them two. I jumped off landing on my hands and knees. I stood up and glanced around my surroundings. Cars were waiting by the entrance waiting to get in.

I ran the opposite direction from the palace, hoping that no one saw me.

I had run until the subway station a few miles from the palace. I could hardly breathe but I couldn’t stop until I was certain no one was following me. I sat in the subway looking down at my hands. The bright engagement ring caught my attention. Shit. The engagement ring, I forgot to leave the ring! I tried taking off the ring but I couldn’t do it. I loved having it there in my wedding finger.

I reclined back on the seat and closed my eyes. I could only imagine the chaos that was happening in the palace. The princess is missing! She ran away! Sebastian trying his best not to murder me. I smiled amused, only if I was able to see that.

The subway station had stopped and I got off. I was planning to go home for tonight. My parents were probably out of town, and I could take my car. In my room I had a few hundreds stashed in the floorboard. I could use the money to leave Spain, and after that I would figure out how I would live.

It wasn’t a legit plan, but it was the best thing I could come up with. As I walked towards my house I began to undo my hair. One by one my curls began to fall, until my hair was completely down.

I ran my fingers through my hair and moved them around. I opened the garage and saw my car right there. I bend down to the hood and grabbed the spare key I kept hidden from my mom, and I got it.

Who would’ve guessed I would become a runaway teen. Two weeks ago I wouldn’t expect to me in this whole mess. At this moment I would be in my room watching a movie while Helen complains about homework.

I placed the key and turned on the ignition. I got out of the driveway and went off. It wasn’t until I got on the freeway that I noticed a car following me. Sebastian was behind me firmly looking straight ahead.

How in the hell did he find me?  I didn’t get off the freeway, I just kept going straight. Eventually he would give up and go back to the palace. I took an exit heading towards the airport.

Even if Sebastian were to stop me I would still leave. I didn’t want to be part of his life; I wanted to go back to London. I needed to start a new chapter of my life without the people that wanted to hurt me the most.

I pulled aside of the road and stepped out of the car. Sebastian was already walking towards me when I slammed the door shut.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” He shouted over the roaring of the cars.

“What are you doing here?” I demanded.

He ran his fingers through his messy hair. “Sophia called me and told me you left! What on earth made you think you can leave like that!” He exclaimed.

I scoffed. “You don’t own me Sebastian. I can do whatever I want!” I defended myself.

He shook his head. “You’re my wife!”

“I’m nothing to you!” I snapped back. “I’m not your responsibility Sebastian; take me running away as a thank you gift for maintaining me!”

He sighed. “You heard?”

“Enough to know that I shouldn’t be marrying you,” I replied folding my arms against my chest.

Sebastian bit down on his bottom lip. I didn’t find it attractive; instead it made me want to puke. It only reminded me a few hours ago he was kissing Madison without a care in the world.

“Let me go Sebastian,” I pleaded. “Tell everyone I couldn’t do it, the pressure was too much for me, and I’ll disappear forever.”

“Where would you go?” He questioned me. “You have no money, no clothes, I won’t let you leave!”

I laughed. “I’ve been living alone since I was twelve Sebastian not just because I seem fragile means I am. I know how to take care of myself!” I assured him.

I took off the engagement ring and handed over to him. I wasn’t planning on leaving with it. He needed to keep it and give it to Madison. I began to go to the car when he stopped me.

“Let me go,” I whispered to him.

“I promised you I would help you and-“

“I refuse to be someone’s mistress Sebastian. It’s not that I feel like I can’t be a princess, it’s you who I’m trying to help here,” I tried to make him understand.

He turned me fully around making me face him. He pinned me down against my car, putting one hand next to my face.

“Who said I wanted you to help me?”

“You love her…” I blurted out.  He glued his eyes with mine. I gulped nervously trying to find the words to say to him. “Why marry me when I am giving you the chance to marry her?”

He placed his hand on the side of my face caressing my cheek. “I don’t break promises Adalyn.” His cold breath hit my face causing chills to run down my spine.

I pushed him away from me. It made me feel uncomfortable having him so close to me. He had made a promise to help me be a princess everyone wanted but I wanted to be myself. I wanted The Royal Counsel and everyone else to like me for me, and not some complete person I don’t know.

“You should go Sebastian, you have a lot of explaining to do. Plus, I think Madison will be waiting for you.” For some strange reason that came out with much more feelings than I attended it too.

“Okay, I love her, but you know what thing that makes you and her different?” I heard him say.

“What?”

“I need you more than I need her,” He responded firmly. “I’m not asking you as the prince anymore Adalyn but as a friend, please don’t do this to me.”

Having Sebastian Cortez plead for me to stay and marry him wasn’t pleasant. It only made me feel ten times worse. Seriously, everything I was doing was wrong, and I didn’t know why.  I thought I was helping Sebastian.

I sucked in my bottom lip and shook my head. “I’m sorry,”

Sebastian extended his hand out reach towards me. “I’m not promising life with me will be easy,” He whispered. “But I’ll make sure you’ll never be missing anything.”

I took hold of his hand and he took me inside his car. Sebastian didn’t understand you could give girl everything she ever dreamed for and she would never be happy if she didn’t have one thing: love.

And expecting love from Sebastian Cortez was like waiting for rain in a desert. You could wait there for eternity and it would never rain. Wanting for Sebastian to ever love me in some sort as a friend or even more, I would have to be reborn again.

**

This Has Been Edited.

:O

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

Share.

GladysVanessa<3

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

164K 4.2K 21
Ellie's not much of a party animal, but when your best friend's brother is throwing the party, you say yes, no questions asked. It wasn't like Ellie...
10.7K 635 17
ł Please don't read it if you're uncomfortable with heavy themes such as violence, cheating, and toxic people/relationships. ł Vegas and Pete have ne...
35.8K 1.2K 45
Emery Montgomery is no stranger to the spotlight, after all when you're the heir to the English throne, privacy isn't something you're used to. So wh...
173K 5.9K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...