The Other One

נכתב על ידי Smartgirl94

"He pushed me He pushed me into his arms The arms of another man I didn't want to, really I didn't but he jus... עוד

The Other One (One-shot)
Where do I begin? (Prologue)
Ch 1. All I Ever wanted was love
Ch 2. What does She have that I don't?
Ch 3. Do you believe me?
Ch 4. So I met Him
Ch 5. I Fell in Love again
Ch 6. Where We left off
Ch 8. When He Fell for Her
Ch 9. When it Consumes him
Ch 10. What Have I Done?
Ch 11. The Start of ending Marriage
Ch 12. An Offer of a Lifetime Pt. 1
Ch 13. An Offer of a Lifetime Pt. 2
Ch 14. Second Chance at Love too?
Ch. 15- Meanwhile, Almost a Year Later...
Ch 16. When will the pain be over?

Ch 7. The Time he Notices her

9.1K 307 26
נכתב על ידי Smartgirl94

*Edited- February 7, 2016

It has been a couple of months since he was named CEO of Rose's family Company, until he finally got of hold of the young Entrepreneur. A Mark-something or other, he forgets the name.

That guy sent him an invite to a party he was hosting up in his Penthouse and it said to bring his wife so he could know him a bit more in order to see if there was any future for the companies to merge.

"Alright this is what is going to happen," He and Rosie were inside the elevator heading up to Mark's Apartment and he was giving rules for her to follow, not knowing that she knows Mark and had been there before."We are going to this stupid party to impress this guy in order for him to sign this contract. So you will just act like a good little wife and let me do all the talking, do you understand?" Rosie sighed and shifted her foot so her weight could rest on the left leg. Evan didn't like her response so he grabbed her arm harshly.

"I said do you f*cking understand?" Rosie hissed.

"Yes I do!" She practically yelp in pain. Evan let go of her and she rub her hand on her upper arm.

"God your so f*cking annoying and weak. No wonder your parents almost gave you away to me." He said. Rosie looked at him then looked back once the elevator stopped and opened they stepped out of it and Rosie made her way to the penthouse, Evan found that a bit weird.

Once caught up with her she push the doorbell and waited. Evan had to ask her. "How the hell did you know where this guy lives?" She froze and got stiff.

Without looking at him she said, "You told me just now."

"No I didn't."

She shrugged, "I don't know what to tell you but you did."

"Are you calling me a li-," He was cut short when the door open and saw a well dressed man standing in front of them.

"Hello, how may I help you?" Evan cleared his throat and handed him his invitation.

"We were invited to this party." The well dressed man nodded his head and step aside for them to enter.

"Yes Mr. Mark is expecting you both, please come in." Rosie step in first and handed him her coat.

"Thanks James."

"You're welcome Miss. Rose." James replied back. Rosie froze again just as Evan froze in his tracks.

"James, Miss Rose?" He muttered in confusion. She cleared her throat and ignored her slip up and just walked down the hall to go where the party is at. Evan shoved his coat at James and march down the hall in search of Rosie and what he saw was somewhat unsettling to him. Rosie was with a man, a very handsome man, and he was rubbing his hand on her lower back while whispering something in her ear.

He slowly walked up to them, they didn't even notice him. She giggled and he chuckled but then out of the corner of eye he saw Evan and slowly removed himself from Rosie, she got the hint that Evan was coming. Evan then was right next to her, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and pulling her away from the Mark completely.

"Hello I'm Evan Connor and this is my wife Rose Connor. " Evan introduce himself and Rose. The guy smiled at Evan but when he spoke his eyes trained on Rosie.

"Nice to meet the married couple; I'm Mark Grayson." His said. He then shook Rosie's hand but he never let go until Evan cleared his throat, to their attention.

"I'm sorry Mr. Connor, it's just that your wife is so beautiful. I wouldn't let her out of sights no matter what. Someone might take her away from you if you don't cherish her." Mark said. Evan look at Mark oddly as Rosie smiled at Mark and let her hand slip from his.

"That's very, umm, kind of you to say that Mr. Grayson." Rosie nervously said. Mark laughed a bit.

"Please call me Mark, Mr. Grayson is my father." Mark amusingly said. Rosie giggled a bit but Evan had a feeling that something was up between these two. He was about to question them when his cell rang. He excused himself and moved to a quiet place to answer. He saw on his caller I.D. that it was Donna.

"What is it Donna, I'm busy." He growled.

"Is that how you talk to the woman that you love?" She purred. Evan looked behind his shoulders to see Rosie and Grayson being a bit too cozy again.

He sighed. "Sorry Donna, it's just that I'm working on closing the deal with some guy that could bring a lot of money to the company." He saw how Grayson moved a bit closer to Rosie to the point he could wrap his arms around her waist and she was not pushing or pulling away from him. He felt his chest tighten.

"Oh Honey, I didn't know. But you are coming over right? I made you your favorite meal." She asked him. Evan didn't say anything as he saw something that had made him feel like something had taken the air out of this lungs.

Mark tuck a fallen hair behind her ear and looked lovingly in her eyes. She smiled at him with love and care that he had once saw on her face when they had first gotten married. Evan turned around ask he heard Donna yelling at him to answer her question. He finally answered.

"Give me ten minutes." And he hung up. He walked up to them just as Mark saw him and remove himself from Rosie once more. Evan smiled as soon he was by Rosie but she moved and made an excuse to grabbing a drink and walked away. Mark kept his gaze on her form as Evan kept his on Mark.

"It seems that you two know each other." Evan said to Mark looking at him. Mark took a sip of his drink before he answered.

"No. I never met Rosie before. This is the first time I ever met the woman." Evan laughed at that.

"I find that hard to believe. From the way you act and talk around her, I would say that, oh I don't know, you seem to be interested in her." Evan laughed as he took a glass from a tray that a waiter was holding.

"Who says I'm not?" Mark replied. Evan stopped mid-drink. He looked at him as Mark smirked and shrugged.

" A woman like that; a man would kill to have a type like her and from the way you were acting around her, it seems like you're forcing yourself to be around her." Mark told him. Evan put his glass down.

"What makes you say that?" He swallowed. Mark took another sip and placed his glass down.

"She looked like she didn't want to be around you; much less you touching her." That was when Rosie came back with a glass of water in hand.

"Did I miss anything?" She asked. Evan cleared his throat and looked at her.

"We are leaving, I have a meeting to get to." He went to grab her arm when she pulled away.

"What? But I don't want to leave, we just got here." Mark chuckled.

"I agree; you two just got here. If that meeting is so important then go ahead, your wife can stay here and I'll have my driver take her home." Evan looked like he didn't want to but Donna was waiting for him so he had no choice.

"Alright, I'll see you later Rose." He went to kiss her on the lips but she turned her head and his lips landed on her cheek.

"You're going to be late." She said coldly. Evan looked indecisive but left the party. Something in his heart was telling him to go back and get Rosie, but the brain was telling him that she wouldn't betray him, she loves him.

Are you sure about that?

Of course he was sure, she day to day threw herself at him, to get him to sleep with her.

It has been a while since she did that. Are you sure she hasn't found someone else? He snorted at the stupid thought.

Oh please, like anyone would want to be with a girl like her. Who would want her?

"I'm sorry Mr. Connor, it's just that your wife is so beautiful. I wouldn't let her out of sights no matter what. Someone might take her away from you if you don't cherish her."

He stops just as he was about to open door to his car when that memory pop into his head. Once in his car, he made a call.

"Hey it's me. Something came up. Yeah I'll see you tomorrow okay? Bye." He turned his car on and drove back to the apartment.

Once he was back in his home, he served himself a glass of scotch and placed the bottle and glass on the coffee table and sat down on the couch. He was going to wait for Rosie to come home.

He was going to trust her, she was going to come through that door any second now.

She was going to prove his heart wrong; there was nothing to worry about.

Second turned into minutes.

Minutes turned into hours.

Hours turned into the next day.

She didn't come back until noon.

***Here is the new chapter, please Read, Review, Vote and Share. I want to thank everyone for reading and voting for this story. This is my baby hahaha.

A/N: The book cover on the top or on the side is by @Scooter_Luver and I want to thank her for making it and I am going to use it as my new cover for this book.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

833K 19.4K 46
'I loved you more than anything else, your were my world, while to you I was just a piece of gum on your shoe' -Valery I thought our love was paradis...
398K 8.9K 70
Rosie thought her life was getting better, that she would experience the fairy tale of living happily ever after. She thought the worst years of her...
354K 4.8K 15
" Leave me Tristen " I yelled in pain as he kept his hold tight on my arm. His face was inch away from mine " You are mine . I won't leave you not to...
104K 6.7K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...