Home Is Where The Heart Is (O...

Od butterfly_kiss

Rose and Dimitri. Takes place after Shadow Kissed. Better Summary in First Chapter. Was titled Home is Where... Více

Chapter Two: Unexpected

Home Is Where The Heart Is

1.2K 23 6
Od butterfly_kiss

Ok so I know the summary sucked so here's a more elaborate one. This is my second FanFic. I know there are many FanFic's on here about the same storyline but this is my version and it's sure to be unique. This story takes place after Shadow Kissed but there never was an attack on the academy and Dimitri was never turned. The cabin scene did happen! Rose has two twins and they are Dimitri's. He doesn't know. Please Subscribe and review. Many different POV's will most likely take place. Rated M for possible sex scenes ( no promises) and language. Check out my other stories as well.

Thanks

~Maryanne

Disclaimer: I own none of the characters! They belong to Richelle Mead. I do own made-up characters and the material written.

Twins Names:

Lyric Lissa Belikov Hathaway

Lidiya Lily Hathaway Belikov

Chapter One~ Home Sweet Home

Rose POV

In life a person learns many things. As a toddler we learn basic things; how to talk, walk, and function as a living being. As we get older and hit our preteens we learn that we may act like know it alls but in reality we're kids still growing. As out teen years continue we learn how to cope with death, wrestle with love and be our own person. As an adult we learn to balance all these things and make the best of it all. But if you're a dhampir you learn more on top of that. You learn to fight and defend, to be strong and warrior like. If you're Rose Hathaway you learn to cope with the fact that you're a single mother to two rambunctious seven year old daughters.. Life takes us on a rollercoaster and you never really are done learning all of life's lessons. That was something I had picked up on shortly giving birth to my two twin daughters, Lyric Lissa Belikov Hathaway and Lidiya Lily Hathaway Belikov. Each day they taught me a new lesson. They taught me patience…oh did they teach me that. They taught me how to be responsible and independent. But most of all they had taught me how to love again. After my former mentor ( and secret lover), Dimitri Belikov, had left to return to Russia and be a guardian to Natasha Ozera, my life had taken a turn. I had been depressed and sad. Before Dimitri, I hadn't ever believed in those kiddy fairytales. I had always been skeptical that Cinderella really was swept off her feet and carried away from her run down home by Prince Charming. But then my own Prince Charming had come and swept me off my feet and all my doubts about those silly folk tales had taken a new perspective. I'm pretty sure that they call them fairytales because that's what they are. They remained only figments of desperate broken hearted girl's fantasies. In those stories they left out the part about how Prince Charming was a lying and filthy dirty scumbag who abused his so called Princess. They left out the part that Prince Charming had a drinking problem and a criminal record. They left out the part when Prince Charming ran away to Russia with his new girlfriend after him and his sterling silver rose had spent a romantic life changing moment in a cabin in the middle of a forest. Yes, my outlook on fairytales had changed once more. They were sugar coated tales of heart break and they never showed things from realistic point of views. I mean come on. Who really frolics around cleaning house talking to a bunch of woodland creatures? I grew up being cautious of these fairytales and I sure as hell was not going to allow my two daughters to sit and fantasize over pitiful stories that held no true meaning. Fairytales were banned from my house. Instead of listening to nighttime stories of Snow White and Sleeping Beauty, Lidiya and Lyric grew up reading about the Ugly Duckling and The Lion King. When Cinderella came on TV, the channel would immediately be changed. Lissa Dragomir, my best friend in the whole wide world and my assignment as a guardian, always thought I was being too overprotective of the girls and maybe she was right but It had taken me a lot to pick up the pieces I called my life. Lissa was supportive in my decision to keep the twins sheltered, but I knew she secretly despised my outlook on everything. Lyric and Lidiya had been unexpected additions to my life. They had taught me how to love again. Not how to love a guy romantically but they had been my supporters in my recovery to forget their dreaded father. These two angelic angels were my life now. They had been my only concern since the day I had found out about their existence.

Flashback 7 years ago

I was sitting in my room staring out the window at the couple that stood outside. A Moroi girl about my age with long dark brown hair stood with a group of her fellow posse. She wore a perky smile as she curiously listened to the dark haired dhampir that stood in front of her. Her posse of girls were exchanging looks and snickering, but the girl's eyes showed longing and fascination as the dhampir boy continued to talk. He pulled a single red rose from behind his back and offered it to the Moroi girl. She seemed delighted to take it as she slowly bent her head down to smell it's fragrance. A glance behind her from her friend's had her smile faltering as her hand slowly dropped and a hard look came across her face. She took the rose and threw it at the boys feet. A look of hurt crossed the boy's face and the girl seemed sad at the situation but she didn't want to look out of place in front of her friends. She turned on her heels and marched off wither friends but not before she glanced back with an apologetic and longing look. The boy kicked at the rose and walked away defeated. The whole scene made me sick to my stomach, literally. I rushed to my room's single bathroom and emptied the contents of my stomach. It had been the third time this week that I was felt nauseous and I was starting to get suspicious. I was starting to think I had caught the flu but it was almost summer time…not the season for flu or even colds. I racked m brain for a reason why I would be so nauseous and only one thought kept sticking with me. But it was clearly impossible for me to be pregnant. The same thought had been plaguing me for days since the nausea had begun. But how could I be pregnant if the only person I had ever had sex with was Dimitri? Dhampirs were known for their inability to bear children together. I had confided in Lissa a few days before and she had somehow come up with a home pregnancy test. I had waved it off as impossible at the time but now I was suspicious. I scurried to the corner of my room were the little brown bag Lissa had given to had ended up. I pulled out the test and tossed the bag aside. I stared at the box for a few good seconds before I retreated to my bathroom again. I took the test like the box instructed and waited three long minutes. The time seemed to e slowing down and I wasn't too worried about the outcome because I was a hundred percent sure I was not pregnant. Boy was I wrong.

End of Flashback

That had been seven years ago and at the time Lissa and I had been dumbfounded as to how I could have ended up pregnant. Adrian had finally cracked the code. His theory was that since I was shadow kissed I wasn't a normal dhampir. He concluded with the fact that since I was shadow kissed I was my own species of dhampir which meant I was an exception the dhampir on dhampir infertility. So nine months later I was shocked to have given birth to not one but two healthy baby girls. Lyric had been the surprise one. My doctors had never picked up on both the fetuses. People had wondered why the famous Rose Hathaway had never took part in her trials but had become the last living Dragomir's guardian. They were even more surprised when word got out about my two children. Speculation had swarmed around and people assumed Adrian was the father. Adrian, being the decent guy he is, had gladly accepted the role as father to my children. So no, I wasn't completely a single mother. Lissa had attended college and had graduated the top of her class. Two years ago when the girls were four and about to begin school Lissa, Christian, Adrian and I had moved into a glamorous townhouse just half an hour from the Academy. The townhouse was really double the size of any normal house. It was almost two houses connected. That's exactly how we treated it also. Adrian and the twins and I resided in one half and Christian and the now pregnant Lissa lived next door. The twins were both in first grade at the academy and I had a hard time not being near them 24/7. Adrian and I hadn't progressed in our relationship. We were still best friends both playing the roles of parents. Lyric and Lidiya were both home for the summer and they were both gawking at Lissa's huge pregnant belly as we all sat down for dinner. Adrian and Christian had barbequed and we all sat outside sitting near the grill at the big picnic table settled in the middle of our front yard. Lissa was almost 7 months pregnant and the girls hadn't seen her in so long that they were both surprised to find her so big and ready to pop.

" Auntie Lissa have you thought of any names yet?" Lyric enthusiastically asked. She was sitting on the ground at Lissa's feet playing dominoes with her sister.

Lissa beamed. The pregnant look was doing her good. She seemed more radiant and glowing them she had ever been before, which was shocking seeing as she had already been a bright person before the pregnancy.

"Uncle Christian and I haven't decided yet." Lissa smiled as she petted the top of Lyric's head.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Lidiya chanted as she took the seat on the ground next to her sister. They both looked intrigued and curious. It made me smile. They were so much like me.

Lissa frowned, " Uncle Christian and I want it to be a surprise."

This received a numerous amount of complaining from Lyric and Lidiya who both were enthusiastic about knowing the gender of the baby.

Their ranting was interrupted by Adrian who was untying the apron around his waist and kneeling down to the girls, " How about you two help your mommy set the table like good little angels?"

Lyric and Lidiya frowned at the idea but both reluctantly left Lissa's side and started smoothing out the cloth tablecloth. Adrian straightened up and came over to seat himself next to me just as Christian brought over a steaming plate of ribs and corn on the cob. Both girls quickly passed out paper plates and forks before taking a seat at the little plastic table for both of them next the grown folks table.

The both were whispering and smiling and from what I could make out of their conversation they were coming up with their own list of names for the future baby. Christian served each and every one of us before kissing the top of Lissa's head and chewing down on his own dinner. We ate in silence listening to the girls argue about names.

"No Carolyn is much prettier then Madison." Lyric argued before dipping her cut up meat in BBQ sauce.

"I don't want it to be a girl. I want it to be a boy and I want them to name it David." Lidiya argued.

"Ew! David's an ugly name. If it's a boy they should name it Adrian like daddy." Lyric offered.

Lissa chuckled finally bringing us all back to reality, "They both seem excited about the baby."

I smiled, "They can't wait to have new playmates. It must get awfully tiring playing with your twin all the time."

Christian chuckled, " You mean partners in crime."

I smiled wider, " Actually you should listen to them. They have some very good name ideas."

Lissa giggled, " Christian and I already have some name ideas as well."

I leaned in intrigued, " Care to share?"

Lissa smiled, " Well for a boy we were thinking about naming it after Christian so we could have a junior around here but it's a girl we can't decide. I like the name Josselyn or Carolina."

Chirstian took over, " But I prefer the names Sierra or Innocence."

I grimaced. Name choosing had been just as difficult for me.

Lissa frowned, " How did you pick the girl's names?"

I swallowed the small bite I had taken, " I wanted to name them both with the same letter and I was having a tough time. So I sat there thinking how my life was sorta like a song. So from that I came up with the name Lyric and them I added Lissa for you. So then I was trying to stick with the um…Russian theme for at least one of them so I chose the Russian spelling of Lidiya and then chose Lily since I'm names after a flower as well. I know cheesy."

Lissa smiled, " I understand."

The group grew silent after that. Lissa had looked sympathetic when I had mentioned the Russian bit, but Adrian had seemed to grow uncomfortable. We finished our meal in silence. Adrian rose to clear our plates but he stopped midway. It was unlike Adrian so I followed his gaze out to the street was utterly shocked. A car had pulled up to the curb and two much unexpected people had stepped out of the car. Two people I had told myself I would never see again. None of the fairytales had ever prepared me for this. Because right in front of me stood two very fairytale related people. Tasha Ozera and Dimitri Belkov.

Please tell me your thoughts. And any suggestions for Lissa's baby?

Pokračovat ve čtení