Ember and Lilia: A Pool of Fl...

Door XinTan4

Fear. Hatred. Sorrow. Those emotions were like a thousand splinters of glass piercing her heart, leaving behi... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1: Beyond the forest
Chapter 2: Midnight strucks
Chapter 3: The Schools
Chapter 4: Pathways,Divided
Chapter 5: Choosing your own Footsteps
Chapter 6: Settling down
Chapter 7: Schedule
Chapter 8: Friendship?
Chapter 9: The arena
Chapter 10: Placings
Chapter 12 : Past and Present History
Chapter 13: Demon attacks
Chapter 14: Gone
Chapter 15: A walk
Chapter 16: The Forest
Chapter 17: Long,long ago
Chapter 18: Roaming
Chapter 19: Despair
Chapter 20: For all we know
Chapter 21: So it begins (Part 1)
Chapter 22: So it Begins (Part 2)
Chapter 23: False lies
Chapter 24: Dark Future
Chapter 25: The Key to her Heart
Chapter 26: The Price of the Sacrifice
Chapter 27: The Place of Destination
Chapter 28: She who Sees
Chapter 29: The Starry Night Skies
Chapter 30: Fiery Retributions
Chapter 31: The Heart Does Not Lie
Epilogue
Prizes to be given!

Chapter 11:Summoning and Familiars

198 21 16
Door XinTan4

Oh my gosh I am so sorry you guys! Yes I know I broke my promise.J-Just read finish the chapter first before you all blame me!

...

Please? *puppy eyes*

-Ember-

Today was finally the day.The day where she could get her familiar.Yes,today was the Summoning day,where each and every student will get their familiar.

There was only one problem,but Ember didn't really care about it.

The Nevers will be there too.

She could finally see Lilia again.

.............................

-Lilia-

Lilia sigh.

I really don't want to do this Shadow.

You don't want to,but I want to.Its been ages seen I last stretch my legs and I.Want.Out.Now!!

For the love of God,you're so selfish.

But you still love me.Shadow said smugly in her head.

Lilia groaned and flopped on her bed. Curse you Shadow,with whatever spell you used on me.

There's no spell darling,the feeling is mutual.Shadow batted his eyes in her mind.Lilia half have the mind to throw herself out of the window to end her misery.

Why did God gave me a familiar like you?

Shadow appeared in the room.Such words!I'm hurt in my heart,Lilia.He dramatically flopped on her bed.Lilia rolled her eyes and scratched Shadow behind his ears.

After a while Shadow went back into his non-pysical form again.And just in time Briar bursted into the room and started dragging Lilia out.

"W-what?"Lilia stammered.Briar turned her head to her with a creepy smile on her face.

"Its time Lilia.Gosh,do you even checked the time?"

"The answer is no."

"Whatever,you're coming with me now.I wondered what familiar we'll get..."Briar stared dreamily at the ceiling as her mind wandered back to Dream Land.She stopped in her tracks as Lilia waved her hand at Briar's face.

"Uh Briar?"

No respond.

Lilia pinched Briar.

"Owie,that's enough girl,I'm good!"

You really should be her familiar Shadow.

No way.That girl is creepy.

For once,I agree with you on that.

What do you mean for once?!

You get what I meant boy.Now down boy,down!

Fine.

"Uh,Lilia?"

"Huh?"

"Are you alright?You were staring at the walls like it was your enemy."Briar asked Lilia concernedly.Lilia nod her head."I'm fine.Were you saying something just now?"

"Yup!As I was saying,this time the Evers are going to summon their familiars with us!"Briar said excitingly.Lilia snapped her head to Briar."What?"Briar looked at her."You don't know?The Headmasters announced that after the fights.I must say there's many people complaining about it but it can't be help.Don't you think there's much tension in the air today?"

Lilia nod her head in agreement.They walked out of The School's door and went to the edge of the Forest and waited patiently for all the students to come.The tension was high enough as it already was and Lilia couldn't even imagine how it would be when everyone was there.The Nevers and Evers were bristling at each other,the looks of disgust and hatred shown clearly on their face. 

Then Lilia was tackled into a hug by someone.

"Ohmygosh hi Lilia!Its been so long since I saw you!"Ember yelled at her from behind.Lilia only gave a little smile at the corner of her lips.She would reconized that voice anywhere."Hi Ember,you know,its just 2 weeks.How would you react if we didn't see each other for months?"She teased Ember and gave her a little hug.Ember pouted.Lilia introduced Briar to Ember.

"Briar,this is Ember.Ember meet Briar."

Briar shook hands with Ember."Hi Ember,nice to meet you.I'm surprised that Lilia haven't already told me about you."

"She was always that secretive."

"Mind if you tell me more?"

"Sure!"

Lilia rolled her eyes.She should have known that they would get along well.Ember and people definitely mixed well.

She seems nice.Shadow said in her mind.

You like her?

You can't really expect me to like someone I only just meet in seconds.

Fair enough.

.........................

-Keith-

Keith frowned.The tension was high here.He had a feeling that he would show up sooner or later.

"Hi cousin."

And I was just speaking of him.

Keith put on his poker-face."James,what do I own your presence today?"

"Nothing.Can't I visit my cousin once in a while?"James responds smoothly.

"Whatever,wanna go hide behind mummy later?"Keith asked in a bored tone.

"Sure,don't wet your unddies later when you're alone."James said coldly. Although they were cousins,they look very different.While Keith had blond hair and stormy grey eyes,James had crimson red like hair and orange-like eyes.Keith sigh.

"Look,if your looking for a fight, your not getting one.I lost the first place to someone."

Something flashed in James' eyes before disappearing."Oh really?I would have thought that you were the undefeatable one around here.Now that I think about it,I almost lost the first place to someone called...Ember.She was quite skilled in her bow,I must admit."

"Tough luck for you then.I heard that you were...ah yes,fooling around like an idiotic boy in the School.No wonder you almost lost."Keith said sympatically.James glared at him.The atmosphere was quiet as the two cousins bristle at each other.

...............................

-Ember-

Ember smiled.It was fun chatting to the others.Lilia had introduced Trisha just now and Ember introduced them to Sapphire and Olivia.She soon learn that Trisha had a great love for books and Briar was a fashion lover.Lilia just stood in a corner listening to them chatting,silent as always.But something seems to be wrong with Lilia.She was frowning and one time Ember even thought that her eyes had glazed over when she looked at her.She shook her head and rejoin chatting the group who was current talking about familiars.She was probably just overreacting.

Right?

.............................

-Lilia-

Something seems odd.Shadow said in her mind.Lilia peeked up.What is it?

Don't you think that the Summoning should have long begun already?

You're right.Maybe some students haven't arrived yet?

Shadow snorted.Do you really think that they would miss something like this?Besides,where's the teacher?

You're right. Well,we can't do anything now. Let's wait and see first.

And just then,the Animalogy teacher, Miss.Arariel appeared with a pop,startling a few students nearby.She was a slim figure with a black spectacle on her nose that would keep dropping down.Lilia liked the teacher because she was so kind but then again,almost all the students like her.She understand them well and wouldn't really give them much homework.She was quite the popular teacher among the School.

"Wait class,I know your all excited about getting your familiar,but we need to wait for Professor Finley before we can start the Summoning." Miss.Arariel said in a high-pitched,clear voice.Groans and mutterings were heard as she said that.

Lilia turned to Ember."Do you know who's Professor Finley?"Lilia asked her quietly.Ember nod."He's our teacher for this class."Lilia nod and turned back to waited for the arrival of Professor Finley.Moments later,he appeared too.At least,Lilia thought it was him.He had a large top hat and an overcoat.All in all,he looks like he was from the 1900's,not the 2000's."Alright class!"The professor shouted.He had a clipboard in his hands."Line up side by side with each other and I will called out the names.You will be pairing with one Never and one Ever.No complaining!"He barked out the orders.Shouts of protest were immediately heard.The professor's eyes twitched."Either you partner up,or there won't be any summonings."He threaten.The crowd went silence at once.He nod in approval."Good."

                One by one,the names were called.Lilia fidgeted.She wondered how people would react when they found out she already have a familiar.She pictured a scene where people were screaming and running around.She rolled her eyes.That's probably not going to happen.

It seems like the pairing up is going well.

Except for the fact that they're practically glaring at each other,then yeah.Lilia watched the scene.She even saw Keith shaking hands with another boy who was clearly one of the Evers.Keith looked up at the sky as if asking why me? before shaking the boy's hand.The boy was clearly annoyed as well.

"Lilia Shadoefel with Ember Flameheart!"The professor yelled,spit flying everywhere.Ember smiled and grabbed Lilia's arm before skipping to the edge of the Forest.

"You can go first,Ember."Lilia suggested.She was curious in what her familiar will be and she wanted to see what familiar she had before she literally ruin the whole Summoning day.Lucky they were the last ones left.

"Okay!"Ember said cheerfully before giving a real loud whistle to the Forest.A moment later,a red fox came scampering to her and Ember picked it up and started cooing to it."Your turn,Lilia!"Ember said.Lilia slowly shook her head before turning around to face the teachers.

"I think that I do not need to do the Summoning after all."Lilia said coolly,her face blank of any emotions. Miss.Arariel frowned at her."Why not?"

"There's no need to do the Summoning...when I already have my familiar."Gasps were heard at that and the whisperings started.

"Quiet!" The professor yelled.The crowd went silence.

"Please explain that again...Lilia."Miss.Arariel said,her spectacle sliding down to the end of her nose.Lilia sigh.

"I said,I already have my familiar."

"Nonsense!You haven't even done the Summoning yet!Do not lie,you foolish girl!"The professor said to her.She stood her ground calmly.

Miss.Arariel stared at Lilia."Lilia,you do know that forcing an animal as your familiar is one of the worst and one of the most evil crimes that one could make in The Schools.I suggest you severed your ties with your animal right now."

Lilia opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by a very angry,very furious snarl.

Oh dear,looks like somebody just got very angry...

I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner.

1) I'm too lazy to write.

2) My data (words) for this chapter keeps on missing (partly because I keep forgot to save it)

3) See the comment box below?Blame me all you like,I deserve it. ;)

One more thing,I'm having exams next month,so I need to start studying,meaning that I probably won't update as much.I'm so sorry! I'll try and find some time to write (and read) on Wattpad.

Vote,comment,and enjoy!

See you next time everyone!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

9K 793 51
(Complete) It's a shitstorm of fuckery where the good is good but also bad. The bad is bad but also... good? Follow Valery who is on the quest for t...
14.2K 2.9K 32
✪ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ✪ ★ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ★ ☆ 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 @𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
285 80 23
Growing up in a toxic environment, sixteen-year-old Jay Foster has always had psychological problems, coupled with a quick temper. But one night some...
265 50 10
Belltrix Academy, the school for the Cursed in a world lived with the Gifted, people who were perfect in the practice of Alchemy. The magical abiliti...