Bound by Destiny | COUNTRYHUM...

De Eli_Jah_Watt

Germany never asked to be an heir to the throne and he most certainly didn't ask to be the son of one of the... Mais

WAIT! BEFORE YOU START!
Worries
A free bird
Reminders of his past
Arrival to the air-field
Return to hell
Horror
Oh Germany...what have you done?
Dilemma
Forgive
Explanations
Curiosity killed* me
Questioning
Awake and alive
The start of the aftermath
Confrontation
Late night talks
Sickness
Obudzony
I trust you
Ice breaker
1K READS Q&A SPECIAL
Repairing a fractured mind
Healed
Taking the first step
A Singaporean's Diary
Meltdown
Back after a break
Combat Class

Jealousy, Jealously

110 8 57
De Eli_Jah_Watt

I invited Germany to my lunch table 3 days after our ice-breaking activity much to everyone's surprise. "I heard that they are working on some treatment," a person whispered. "Is that why he's inviting Germany over?" another person asked. I winced internally when I heard the question. What the person had said was true, I did invite him over because of our treatment. Nurse WHO had told us our "connection" wasn't strong yet and so operating would be highly risky. Instead, she gave us random tasks to do to get us closer together. Honestly, I think she was bullshitting us and she was only delaying my treatment because her dearest brother UN wanted some plan of his to succeed. I didn't appreciate it considering I was hardly getting any rest. In fact, the only reason why I was able to sleep at all was because of this strangely soothing lullaby that played every time I woke up from my nightmare. It helped me fall back asleep every time I heard it and whoever was singing it had an incredibly soothing voice. Perhaps it's my brain's imagination...a coping mechanism to deal with the nightmares.

"Erm...thank you for...for letting me sit with you guys," Germany murmured softly, jolting me out of my thoughts, as he sat next to Japan and Italy. America glared at him while Canada gave a small smile. South Korea and Ukraine weren't here as they were either having lunch with their siblings or working on projects. Italy snorted and clapped him on the back, "Jeez, loosen up a little bit Ger." Startled, the German immediately sat up straight.

Ame rolled his eyes as he stabbed his slices of meat before angrily chewing on them. Canada looked at his brother, a warning look in his eyes before it quickly disappeared. "So Germany...er, how's school been going for you? From what I heard, these are rumours of course, but it seems like Russia has been irritating you?" he asked, pouring out some syrup onto his pancakes. Germany's face twisted into a grimace as he answered, voice strained, "It's...going fine. Russia's...just being...well Russia." America looked up sharply from his plate as he mimicked Germany, "Russia's just being...well Russia. Of course! I'm sure you must be sucking up to him–mfffffff!" Canada slapped his hands over his brother's mouth as he looked at the German, apology written all over his face. Japan covered her mouth in shock as Italy blinked slowly, as if in a trance. This can't be good. I noticed Germany's hands were clutching his fork and spoon very tightly as he set them down slowly.

"I'm so sorry! Ame does mean it, he's just..." Canada looked at me frantically as if asking for help–something I couldn't provide then–as his brother clawed at his hand, "Cranky! Yea...erm, China and him were fighting yesterday and..."

"I should go," Germany cut in as he quickly got out of his seat and took his tray away. Japan rushed after him as Italy glared at Ame, "Look what you did you stronzo!" By then, Ame had already pried his brother's hand off his mouth as he sulked silently. I sat in shock, processing what had just happened. What...did...did... shit, I made things worse didn't I? Just then, Japan came back, shaking her head. She glared at Ame as she hissed, "あなたが何をしたのかわかりますか?今、ドイツは我々に対して怒っている!このバカ!"

"Come on, not you too! You know damn well I'm right. That bastard–mffff!" it was Italy's turn to hush Ame. Rage burned like amber coals in Ame's eyes as he tried to get rid of Italy's hand. "EW! STOP LICKING MY HAND!" he screeched, though he kept his hand there still. Japan huffed as she rolled her eyes. Looking at me, she said, "You better go after Ger, Pōrando. He's pretty upset."

I nodded, "Yea...I'll...I'll be back." I hurriedly got out of my seat and stood up surveying the dining hall for Germany's tall figure. I spotted him sitting alone at his usual corner and rushed over. He was playing around with his food, a frown on his face as he muttered under his breath. He didn't notice me until I sat opposite him, the chair creaking under my weight.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me, voice husky. I played with my fingers before blurting out, "I'm sorry for what America said earlier! He doesn't mean it. And...I'm sorry for bringing you there. I just thought–"

"Please don't be sorry for what America did. It's his own fault and...I get why you brought me over. I know, you need the procedure to happen soon. I know, your nightmares have been getting worse, so don't apologise. It's my fault I have a poor reputation," Germany swallowed several times and I could tell that the last remark about himself had hit a nerve. I sat, silent, as he played around with his food. Before I knew it, the bell had rung and lunch was over. He hadn't eaten a thing and neither had I. Taking his tray, he muttered something about seeing me later before disappearing. I sighed and headed out of the dining hall.

When I exited, I saw Ame leaning against the wall, hands in his pockets. "There you are! I've been waiting for you. C'mon, let's go for class," he started to walk before I stopped him. He turned around to face me, confused. "Why were you so mean to Germany? He didn't do anything wrong," I looked at him as he sighed loudly, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Isn't it clear? The same reason as to why you hate him," Ame looked at me, worry clouding his eyes, "Did that asshole do something to you? Is that why you're so concerned? If I say something he might harm you?" My eyes widened as I shook my head wildly.

"No! He didn't do that! Why on earth would you–that's not the point! Look, I still hate Germany but at least I don't go about making horrible comments about him!" it was only after I said this that I realised that on the first day when we arrived, I had actually been very mean to him. Small matter right now. And Ame doesn't need to know that. Ame looked at me, shaking his head. "He did something, didn't he? Come on, tell me Poland. I'm not letting that son of a bitch harm you!" he exclaimed, holding me firmly by the shoulders. Something in me snapped at that moment. Twisting myself out of his grasps, I glared at him.

"Do I look weak to you?"

"Poland–"

"Look, I can take care of myself perfectly fine! Germany didn't harm me! Stop making things up just because you want to be the hero! I don't need you!" I snapped. Ame looked at me in shock, his hands clenching and unclenching. I glared at him one last time before turning away. I heard him running after me, calling for me but I ignored him. Self-centred bastard.

*

By the time my classes ended, my sour mood had been replaced with burning regret. Why did I say that? I was about to cry from the frustration. Germany had been quiet the whole time throughout our classes although I did notice Russia getting really chummy with him. Had one been looking carefully, they would have noticed his stone cold face frowning ever so slightly. So Canada was right huh...

I continued to observe them until I noticed Germany glaring at me ever so slightly. What are you looking at? Making an apologetic face, I turned back and gasped when I saw Ame, glaring daggers at the duo. Looking down, he blinked at me before saying, "Do you have a moment? I wanted to talk to you earlier but you kept ignoring me."

I nodded just as Germany yelled, "Stop it already!" A dull thud. I looked at them, surprised to see Russia on the ground, rubbing his head. Germany's glare was terrifying as he grabbed his bag before storming out. Ame watched him with a strange look as he stormed out of the classroom. I looked at Russia, wondering if I should help him or not. He looked at me, snarling, "What are you looking at? Ugh, Почему меня окружают ублюдки!" He grabbed his bag and fallen ushanka before he stomped out of the room.

"Looks like someone decided to Mr Stamp-About today," Ame commented as soon as Russia left. I nodded, smiling a little bit. "Come on, let's go now. I'll walk you to the infirmary. You have something on with Nurse WHO right? We can talk and walk," he told me. I agreed and we headed out of the classroom.

*

We walked in silence for a short while through the hallways. The dying sun's rays illuminated the hall and the sky was an orange-y pink. Birds flocked past as they slowly descended to the lands below for a night's rest. We walked past the large window that overlooked the school garden. Some students were outside, enjoying the summertime breeze. I spotted North Korea and China sitting under one of the trees playing some board game.

"Poland."

"Yes?" Ame stopped walking as he leaned against a pillar. He sighed, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. I waited for him patiently knowing he was probably mentally readying himself.

"I'mreallysorryforthestuffIsaidearlier!" I blinked, my mind processing his words.

"I was jealous...jealous of you and...and...Germany. And I didn't want you getting harmed by him. I know it's stupid," he continued, rubbing the floor with the sole of his shoe. Looking up at me, he murmured, "I just want what's best for you Poland. After all that's happened to you..."

I sighed softly and leaned against the windowsill as I looked out. "I'm sorry too America. I shouldn't have said those things," he chuckled softly. "Well, I guess we're even now. And...yea, I know, I have a hero's complex but that's not an excuse to be an ass," he smiled sheepishly, rubbing his head.

"I should probably apologise to him."

"Yea, you should."

We fell silent, neither of us making the first move. Maybe Ame was formulating a plan for his apology. I knew that Nurse WHO had requested for me to go over to the infirmary before my dinner, but I continued to observe the people outside the window. It seemed as if China had won the board game against NK judging by the frown on his face. Russia had joined them and was sitting next to the both of them, chuckling as he slapped the North Korean on the back. I looked away and observed the rest of the garden. Finland was sitting with another girl who had a blue, black and white flag. He was smiling and laughing away–a complete 180 from his stoic behaviour in class. I wonder...

"Hey, you have to head to the infirmary right?"

"Oh yea. I should probably go off now."

"Can I ask you a question? We can walk and talk," Ame asked me. I agreed and we started walking. As we walked, Ame asked, "How's Germany? I mean when he's alone with you or Singapore is he the same as when he's around the others?"

I thought about his question before admitting I wasn't too sure either. "I mean...he isn't close to us either but...I guess he's more relaxed? But still really formal," I commented, "Japan and Italy might have a better idea though. I mean they're close to him."

"Maybe...but he doesn't seem that close to them either," Ame mused before turning to look at me. "You think he'll ever open up?"

"I don't know. He has a bad reputation and he's been alone for most of his time here. I don't think he trusts people too much."

"So basically a loner."

"You can't blame him. I'm still not his biggest fan either. I don't even think we'll talk after my treatment is done."

"Might be for the best."

I was very glad we finally reached the infirmary. At least I wouldn't have to reply to his question. Germany was already there, talking with Red Cross. When he saw Ame, he frowned but it soon disappeared as his brow smoothened out. "Hello Poland. Hello America," he greeted us.

"Hey Germany," I smiled. His posture relaxed slightly as he nodded wordlessly.

"Nurse WHO will come back soon. Poland and Germany, you two can sit in her office. America, I'm afraid you'll have to leave now," Red Cross told us. Ame nodded before asking if he could have a word with Germany. "Can we go outside? I promise it won't take long," he said.

Germany looked at him apprehensively but nodded anyway. Ame shared a look with me, I promise I won't do harm. I nodded discreetly as the two exited the infirmary. Red Cross guided me to Nurse WHO's office and I took a seat in one of the plush seats.

After a while, Nurse WHO came in. She smiled as she took a seat at her desk. "Hello Poland, sorry for the wait. Erm...where's Germany? He's usually very punctual," she asked me. I explained that he was talking with Ame outside and she nodded. "Well...I guess we'll have to wait then," just as she finished, Germany came back in.

"Let's get started," he said, tone indifferent. I felt my heart sink. Oh America, what did you do now? 

Translations:

stronzo--asshole

あなたが何をしたのかわかりますか?今、ドイツは我々に対して怒っている!このバカ!-- See what you did? Now Germany is angry with us! You idiot!

Почему меня окружают ублюдки!--Why am I surrounded by bastards!

A/N: Wow! Another 2000+ word chapter :D 

I don't know...I wanna get into the second act for this book but I KEEP ADDING MORE CONFLICT- *coughs and adjusts self* Anyways, this was a pretty fun chapter to write for me. I wanted to put in a Russia and America fight scene but in the end decided against it because I wasn't sure how the hell to tie it in with the story. I think Nurse WHO might appreciate it. 

Nurse WHO: I do. If you make them fight, I'll break your bones.

Eli: But you're a nurse! 

Nurse WHO: And I'm fictional. >:D

Eli: *sighs* 

Back to real life.  The book should be moving into Act 2 in...another 3-4 chapters (hopefully) so stay tuned I guess. 

QUESTION TIME! 

1) If you could pick a superpower, what would it be? Mine would probably be teleportation or maybe shadow manipulation.

2) Did I make Ame a very hatable character? 

3) From the last chapter, did anyone get the reference for another Countryhuman Fanfiction? (Clues: Mentioned during the game bit, has 914K reads and 87 parts.) 

Oh yea, weird thing but WATTPAD's been taking down some books😰 so to all my fellow writers:

PLEASE SAVE YOUR STORIES ON GOOGLE DOCS OR SOMEWHERE ELSE! 

(Wattpad please don't get rid of me. I'm just giving advice D:) 

Two books (Social Deviant and Row of Stars) were taken down and it literally is making me so frustrated because I personally didn't think that it violated the TOS or anything on Wattpad. (and I checked what may be potential reasons why it got removed on Wattpad's FAQ page) 

Welp, considering they are CH books, I guess maybeeee it might have had something else offensive, something to do with countries ;-;. Tis the price we pay when we decide to write fanfic here and it's about countries/landmasses and possibly falling--

Okay, it's late, I should go to bed. Bye! 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

34.3K 727 32
America and Russia used to be best friends when they were in kindergarten through 2nd grade. Then America had to move as well as Russia a few years l...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.6K 95 13
Hello reader, ever thought to yourself 'hey, what if an extremely drunk America broke into Germany's house at 3am with his pants on his head?' I'm gu...
4.1K 78 6
✵this story takes place in the modern AU✵ It was late at night and Sigma was taking a walk. He had had a stressful day with college and one of his en...