Vaidehi - His Second chance

Bởi Imperfectwrts

ミ★ "𝘜𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭" ★彡 Vai... Xem Thêm

Copyright
Dedication
Characters
1. Rejection
2. Disclosure
3. Runaway
4. Set-Up
5. Pondering
7. Wedding Night
8. Four feet
9. Rose and Lavender
10. Pag Phera
11. His Rage
12. It is Us
13. Thief Singh Suryavanshi
14. Fever
15. Cursing

6. Wedding

5.5K 528 40
Bởi Imperfectwrts

Vaidehi

Today is the day. The day I waited for since I understood what life is or the things my mother fed in my mind. 

She showed me dreams of prince charming but broke them herself.

And I know, I might be getting a devil in replacement.

But the main point is that everything is just like how I wanted it. At the same venue, same decorations and even the design's of dresses are same. But the main thing is missing- the groom.

The groom I dreamed of. The groom I wanted and the groom I dreamed with.

What's the point of all this glitz and glam if the person I imagined it all with isn't here?

In a while, I'll experience a brief taste of freedom—or rather, a confined version of it. Then, I'll be trapped in another place with another person. I don't know who he is or what kind of man he'll be. Frankly, I don't care, and I doubt I ever will.

My parents are thrilled. Why wouldn't they be? They've finally shed their last burden. What a relief!

They've secured ties with a respectable family, which will undoubtedly have significant political ramifications. What more could they ask for? My happiness is something none of them have considered, except perhaps my friends.

But I don't want to burden them any further. I don't want to play this game of fate anymore. Let destiny win and take me wherever it wants.

I'm just sick of it all. The glamor, the photo sessions, the forced smiles when I don't feel like smiling at all.

"You're looking elegant, Vaidehi, just like a goddess. I am sure jiju would be--" Avika chimed in, but I only hummed in response.

She didn't completed the sentence, nor do I wanted her to. Jiju - She used address Shlok with this word. But not anymore and maybe never from now on.

I should be friends with my fate now, who knows that might ease my pain.

"You sure you want to marry him?" Samaira asked for the umpteenth time, and I simply nodded.

I had no response for their questions, and I didn't want to create any more problems for them. She rushed back from Italy as soon she got to know about my marriage from her brother, she has already done a lot for me.

I am thankful that not everything is worst in my life. My friends are the only treasure I got, my most precious treasure.

"Here, take it," Samaira handed me the phone, but I refused. I didn't need it anymore.

"Keep it, Vaida. I've added everyone's number. How will you contact any of us? Take it." Samaira insisted. "And remember, I know Sanskaar a bit personally. If you ever think he's the wrong choice, just leave that house. Your family, his family, and him—I will handle everything."

I hugged her tightly. Despite how boring she might sound, she was the best thing that ever happened in my life.

"And don't be scared there, live like it's your own life. You aren't weak, not at anyone's mercy as well. Remember this," she warned in her strict yet humorous tone.

I vividly recall the day we first crossed paths, back when she was in the hospital. Right from our initial encounter, I sensed there was something distinctly unique about her. Our connection blossomed from there, leading us to where we are now.

"Well, Sam. Someone out there was looking for you.." Avika explained while giving me the final touch.

"Looking for me?"

"Don't know. I was talking with someone when a man approached me, I didn't turn to see his face, but he asked me furiously - 'Where is Samaira?' I replied you were with Rahul, he muttered something and went away."

"Might be someone from the newspaper. Let it go."

"Wait Vaidehi. At least let me take a pic and kindly smile. See what happened, it happened. Crying will not change it. I'm not saying anything about your relationships, but at least be happy today. This is a dream for every girl - to dress up like this and enjoy her day. So, keep all the worries in my pocket for a moment and smile like you own the world." Avika took out her phone and captured some of my pictures in all the pose I used to tell them about.

"Ho gaya tum dono ka? Aur kitna gobbar bharogi iske dimaag mein. Ye vaise hi mandbuddhi hai, tum dono ki chal mein phas jaati hai. Pehle pata hota to iska aas paas bhi na phatakne deti tumhe. Phir aise din to nahi dekhne padte. Baap ki jaagir samaj rakhi hai.Bhagwan jaane kaunse paap kiye the isne.." She face-palmed herself, and Samaira moved forward. I knew she was going to say something. I gestured for her to stop, but she wasn't going to listen to anyone now.

(" Are you both done now? How much more nonsense will you fill in his mind? She's already foolish enough to get caught up in your tricks. If I had known earlier, I wouldn't have let you anywhere near her. Then we wouldn't have to witness such days. She has taken this place as her father's property. God knows what sins she committed..")

"Hmm.. Main bhi wahi soch rahi thi. Same, same, Aunty ji," she circled around her. "Kaunse paap kiye the Vaida tune? Aise Ma-baap aur bhai mile hai. Agla baar Ganga snan kar lena kuch papiyo se to piccha chhut hi jayega. Jo bhi ho, baatein aap acchi banati hain, CM ki biwi hoti na to jail jaane par aap CM banti. Bad Luck Aunty ji. Vaise suna hai Uncle pe kuch cases hain? Tch, tch.. koi help chahiye ho to batana, newspaper mere baap ka hai aapke nahi."

("Hmm.. I was thinking the same thing. Same, same, Aunty ji," she circled around her. "What sins did you commit, Vaidehi? You got such parents and a brother. Next time, take a dip in the Ganges to wash away some sins, you might get rid of your troubles. Whatever it is, your talks make things interesting. If you were the wife of a CM, you would become the CM  if he went to jail. Bad Luck, Aunty ji. By the way, I've heard there are some cases against Uncle? Tch, tch.. if you need any help, let me know, the newspaper belongs to my father, not yours.")

"Aise lagti hai muh kholte hi zeher ugalti hai ye," my mother remarked disdainfully.

(It seems like venom spews out as soon as she opens her mouth)

"Aisa kya? Aap mar kyu nahi jati mere zeher se? Oh! Aadat hogi na, zeher peene aur pilane ki?" Samaira retorted, turning to me after giving a mocking smile to my mother. "I should be going, Vaidehi. I am allergic to bitches. Sorry, sweetheart, I will meet you at the mandap."

(What's that? Why don't you die from my venom? Oh! Must be used to drinking and serving poison, right?)

She walked towards the gate and stopped in front of my mother, folding her hands in a polite manner to greet. "Kindly don't bless me. I've heard bitches are evil-eyed."

And with that, she stormed out in fury. My mother would intentionally say something because she never liked Samaira's presence. She felt Samaira would give me bad habits.

I walked down the aisle, but it didn't feel like the dream. I was nervous, feeling the weight of all the eyes focused on me. His family looked at me with hope, expecting me to fit into the image of the perfect daughter-in-law they wanted.

But I don't know anything. I feel like a fool. A total fool.

Sitting beside the person who is soon to be my husband—Sanskaar Singh Suryavanshi—I already feel a cold aura around him. After all, who would want to marry me wholeheartedly? They wouldn't have sent the proposal if they had known about Shlok.

Shlok—I was his, in both dreams and reality. But not anymore. Never from now on. Shlok is just Shlok to me now. A simple name that I don't care about.

But how can I not care? He's standing in a corner, right in front of my eyes. Bandages around his head, witnessing his love being someone else.

He is alive! But I can't have him. I can't run into his arms anymore. Something is distancing us apart. The man sitting beside me is my present and future and the man standing in front of me is now my past.

The holy fire in front of me stands witness to the cruel game of fate, to the whims of my cruel destiny. It witnesses the union of two worlds while breaking apart another. It is a witness to a tragedy—the tragedy of our love.

Before the priest could begin chanting the mantras, I noticed Samaira making her way towards me. She held a bundle of notes, circled it around my head, and then tossed it at my parents, who were standing nearby. I hoped that her actions wouldn't ignite any new drama at this already tense moment.

"Lakshmi ki buri nazar lagegi. bach ke rehna" And she stood by my side.

(Lakshmi's evil eye will befall. Beware.)

The priest began chanting the holy mantras and making offerings to the fire. There were two fires—one in front of me and another in my heart. I couldn't prevent a single tear from escaping my eyes as they met Shlok's gaze.

We stood up as his mother tied my chunri with his cloth, and Avika helped me to stand up in that heavy lehenga. We began our pheras, my nervousness already causing me to walk slowly, and the weight of the lehenga only making it worse.

"We don't have the tradition of taking pheras all night long here. If possible, can you make the carriage a bullet train, if not, at least a Rajdhani? We don't have much time." He whispered, his words meant for my ears only. I quickened my steps in response.

So, now my almost-husband seems to be a very busy person, too busy even to get married. Wow! What a great start to our first conversation. If that's the case, why doesn't he try wearing this heavy lehenga and then show me how fast he can walk? I bet he'll trip twice with just one step.

If there weren't so many people around, I would have cursed him so badly in Hindi that he wouldn't have dared to talk to me like this again.

After completing the pheras, he took the nuptial chain and made me wear it, as Shika di held my veil, I didn't got to talk with her properly in all this. His touch was as cold as I felt during the kanyadan ceremony. Then, he took a pinch of vermillion and applied it in my hairline, holding my mang teeka. Neither of us looked at each other.

"You both are now husband and wife," the priest announced solemnly.

Now, I am Vaidehi Sanskaar SIngh Suryavanshi. It felts too strange to hear this name. Was this the name I imagined attaching mine with?

It's my new life. A new beginning and I will have to leave everything behind. Everything - even Shlok.

We stood up, accepting the blessings of the priest and all the elders. Some blessings felt genuine, coming from the heart, while others seemed more self-serving—like the blessings from my parents. I didn't even wish to seek their blessings, but I didn't want this man, now tied to me, to be privy to our personal conflicts.

As soon as he moved towards the slippers, his slippers weren't there. Of course, that Juta-Churai Rasm.

"Bhai, bina joote ke hi chalte hai," Garv, his brother, stated as he kneeled down to touch our feet, followed by his two other siblings.

(Brother, let's go without shoes.)

I was already acquainted with his family, as both of my best friends had already gathered all the information about them.

"Aise kaise? apni Shadi mein jana bina jooto ke. Oops, sorry, tere se shaadi kaun karega. Bechara mera kunwara bhai.." Navya pouted.

(No,You can attend your own wedding without shoes. Oops, sorry, who's going to marry you? My Poor bachelor brother..)

"Hato kuch nhi hoga dono se. Mere bolne se Bhabhi aa gyi, vaise hi joote bhi aa jayenga. Don't worry when Aahan is here," Aahan reassured, coming to our aid.

(Move, you two can do nothing. Just because I spoke, Bhabhi came, and the shoes will come as well. Don't worry when Aahan is here.)

"That's the only reason of worry, Aahan," my husband spoke in his low, growling tone, and the other two chuckled.

"Main sab jaanta hu. Trick hai ye trick, ladki valo ki. Movies dekhi hai maine, paise lene ka cazual tareeka. Abhi main jaunga na to free mein kaam ho jayega," Aahan smirked.

(I know everything. It's just a trick, a trick of the bride's side. I've seen it in movies, it's a casual way of getting money. If I go now, the job will be done for free.)

"Then go," Nitya pushed him, and he turned to us. "Dekh lo bhaiya, ja rha hu. Aapki jooti ke liye."

(Look, bhaiya, I'm going. For your shoes)

"To ja na, itna kya rota hai?" Garv urged, and finally, Aahan went away.

(Then go na, why are you crying this much?)

"You can sit. I mean, you might be tired in this lehenga," my husband stated as boredly as if it is a fact, his eyes completely focused on the blank wall.

Sighing, I left his side and sat on the chair. Honestly, it is really tiresome and all that I want to do is to tear this dress. As soon I relaxed my eyes betrayed me and searched for Shlok again, but he wasn't there anymore.

Finally we are separated by this cruel fate.

After waiting for 10 minutes, I looked through my veil and sighed when I saw Aahan walking back with Samaira's brother.

"Saale, terese joote nhi doondhe jaate?" My husband hugged Shashwat, cursing as well.

(Rascal, can't you find shoes?)

"Doondh to liya hai par galat hatto main chale gaye," he chuckled, and Aahan rubbed his head apologetically at his two siblings.

(I found them, but they went into wrong hands.)

"Koi phek rha that, Garv?" Navya ignored Aahan and patted her brother. "Hmm.. aur mai soch rha hu kisi ko phek du ab," he stated, and she chuckled. "Shubh kam mein deri kaisi?"

(Someone was boasting, Garv? Navya ignored Aahan and patted her brother. "Hmm.. and now I am thinking of throwing someone" he stated, and she chuckled. "then why delay?")

They were like Tom and Jerry. I never thought siblings could have this much fun.

"Samaira le gyi aapke joote, Bhabhi ki dost ke sath. Main kuch nhi kar sakta, ladkiyo mein mera record aise hi kharab hai," Aahan turned to Garv. "Iss makhaan maar ko bhejo."

(Samaira took your shoes with Bhabhi's friend. I can't do anything, my track record with girls is already bad.)

"Send whoever you want, but I am going to Samaira di's side," Navya stood up to find her.

Are they this close to Samaira? Maybe, her brother seems to be the best friend of my husband.

"Bhai, teri to apni behen hi chod gyi.." Sashwat whispered teasing him and I realized they all had sat down by now.

(Brother, your own sister left you...)

"Tu apni dekh, tere behen ne mere joote liye hai. 26 ki umar behen sambhalti nhi hai bhaisahab se aur 8 mein girlfriend pta rha tha."

(You take care of your own affairs. Your sister has taken my shoes. At the age of 26, you can't handle your sister, and at 8, you were wooing your girlfriend.)

"Asshole.." He muttered, gritting his teeth.

"I heard someone's shoes got stolen?" Samaira walked in our direction, followed by Navya and Avika holding the shoes.

"Samaira, what is this childish act? Return his shoes.." Shashwat scolded her.

"Haw.. Bhai, You are calling this ritual a childish act? May god save you from his wrath because no one can save you from mine," she touched both her ears, her tongue between her teeth.

"Now, since your friend's name is Sanskaar, he should have some Sanskaar in him. We must complete the ritual.." She continued, crossing her legs on the chair, her arms on the armrest. "Now, I don't want any middlemen. These are the groom's shoes, so he must talk to me directly."

My husband stood up, sighing, and walked in her direction.

"I will give your shoes back, but you will have to make some promises to us.." She stated.

"I gave you the promises.." He spoke in his dangerous tone.

"Don't be in such a hurry, listen to us first." Avika chimed in with excitement, and I could see the elders watching this scene from afar with fascination.

"Promise me you will keep her happy," Avika demanded for the first promise. He stayed mute for a few seconds and then nodded. "I promise." I could hear some claps and whistling.

"Now, grant me permission to murder you if you ever do anything wrong with her.."

He took a deep breath, and I could feel he was controlling his anger. "Granted" This time the whistles were much louder.

"Anything else, Avika?" Samaira turned to her, and she refused saying, "You said everything in the second promise."

"Fine then, here are your shoes. Wear them comfortably.."

As the Vidai ceremony came to an end, it was time for me to leave. My parents hugged me, their embrace meant to show affection, but I remained emotionless. Both my friends hugged me simultaneously, and I couldn't hold back the tears.

"Aye buddhu, don't ruin my makeup.." Avika chided me.

"Stay in touch with us," Samaira requested.

I nodded, waved at them, and walked towards the car decorated for us. His driver opened the door for us, and he sat beside me. Once again, his demeanor emanated coldness.

I turned away from him, reflecting on all the things I was leaving behind—the memories that would never return, Shlok being one of them.

I didn't realize when the car stopped during the ride, and he moved towards the passenger seat. He could have sat there earlier as well; why this drama?

Let him do whatever he wants. It's his life, his choice.

But I knew he could never make a place in my mind, my life, let alone my heart.

Do Pal Ruka Khwabon Ka KarvanAur Phir Chal Diye Tum Kahan Hum KahaanDo Pal Ki Thi Yeh Dilon Ki DaastaanAur Phir Chal DiyeTum Kahaan Hum KahaanAur Phir Chal DiyeTum Kahaan Hum Kahaan

---------------------------------------------

Huff... *sighs* finally, shaadi to ho gaayi ab  bas kuch karvana bacha hai .. (Kya matlab author hun to becharo ko force kar dungi?)

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Although I was planning to give this chapter on Tue or wed but tum logo itne pyaare ho. Picchle chapter pe accha response diya, so here is the gift. 

Baaki sab theek? Well, it was my first day of class 12th today. Yaar 11th nikal gyi pta bhi nhi chala. 

Love you all!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

4M 140K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
972K 74K 77
"मोहब्बत इस दुनिया की सबसे खूबसूरत चीज है। जो हमें उनसे हो गई है। अब या तो मेरी मोहब्बत उनके साथ मुकम्मल होगी या फिर उनके प्यार में फनाह होगी"। _____...
227K 6.2K 17
𝙆𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙫𝙞 𝘼𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙬𝙖𝙡 𝘼𝙝𝙪𝙟𝙖 was a beautiful and headstrong 22-year-old girl. Having lost her mother at a young age made her a very closed...
1.1M 52.4K 53
She heard that Marriages are "MADE IN HEAVEN". But she never thought she would end up having an ARRANGE MARRIAGE. And he NEVER wanted to marry. She b...