That time I failed as an Auth...

Von elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... Mehr

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru

1K 54 13
Von elite3532

3rd Pov

Quickly rushing over the scene, Dawn arrived after Rimuru defeated Ramiris's golem...

They were now on the ground doing a mini picnic.

Dawn : (So 2 years really passed...dammit, a lot of things must have changed, what about the Fallen light ? Falmuth war too is going to change since Noir was summoned way earlier.)

Standing there thinking, his presence was well concealed but for the master of this place, Ramiris quickly noticed him.

Her eyes widening, she quickly flew over him letting the cookies she was eating fall.

Ramiris : You finally woke up ! It has been 2 years, you idiot !

Punching his face lightly, it seemed she got really worried...tears swelled in her eyes, this made Dawn feel a bit guilty.

Dawn : Sorry...I got caught in something...

Ramiris : Idiot !

Ut took a few more minutes for her to calm down and rest on his shoulder...Dawn then turned his attention toward Rimuru.

He was a bit taller than the last time they met...

Dawn : (Oh ? He is a lot stronger than he should be...at this level, he might be able to take down Hinata even under Anti-magic area...)

This was problematic...

Rimuru : Dawn-san ?!

Dawn : It has been a while...

Rimuru Pov

I didn't expect to meet him here...furthermore it has been 2 years already, he never came to visit Tempest...

Still, what is he doing here ? It seems he knows Ramiris quite well and even that noisy fairy cried for his sake...

Dawn : Mmh, you assume you are here to summon spirits for these children ?

Rimuru : You already knew ?

Dawn : Well, seeing their unstable state...this is a logical conclusion.

Turning toward the childrens, they were hiding behind Ranga but I could see Chloe more interested than usual.

She was peeking her head as if she was trying to remember something.

Rimuru : It's impressive how you found out with just a glance...it took me a month before finding a solution.

Dawn : I just lived for a long time.

Guh...from Noir's story, this guy is at least a thousand years old...seriously, he just looks like a man in his twenties...

Dawn : Anyway, do you mind if I accompany you from here ?

Rimuru : Not really...we are just going to summon the spirits so you can watch I guess...

Smiling, I still remember how Noir told me to be careful with him but I don't think there is a need for that.

Actually, this time he seems a bit different...more honest i would say ?

Anyway, after some more talk we found ourselves walking through a long corridor toward the summoning room.

I was with a childrens and Ranga a bit behind while Dawn-san and Ramiris talked ahead.

3rd Pov

While catching up, Ramiris told Dawn a little information, it seems Snowie and Dusk decided to leave for now.

They went on informing Luminous or the member of the fallen light about his situation.

Since Dawn collapsed inside Ramiris's labyrinth there was nothing really to worry, now both spirits returned to the spirit world.

Because for 2 years, Dawn's existence became somehow unstable...staying here would be too dangerous for their soul corridor.

So Dawn has to resummon them...

Dawn : (Still I would have liked more information about the outside world...I guess it can't be helped.)

For now, he has to stay with Rimuru until he meets Hinata...if Hinata loses now, things will turn really chaotic.

What more is that Rimuru needs to go back earlier...with Noir there, Falmuth might get wiped out before the important part.

Dawn : (This is cruel of me but i have to do it...)

Closing his eyes as he walked, the black scenery called mindscape quickly shifted as countless threats of energy presented themself to him.

Falling quickly on a directed path, slowly but surely he got where he wanted to be...the fate of Shion and the other inhabitant of Tempest.

Dawn : (As I thought, they will live this time...it's bad for Rimuru's evolution.)

Lord of Fate : Origin gives the subskill : Destiny beyond Fate...the ability to change the course of fate through reality itself.

Its efficiency is at 100 % when used against a non ultimate skill user...though, the skill Lord of Fate itself could bypass its own limit.

Dawn : (I wonder if that makes me the bad guy...should i feel guilty ? I wonder..)

Cutting their fate before replacing it, they are destined to die no matter how during the first attack of Falmuth.

No matter how powerful Noir is, no matter how prepared they are...fate will follow its course.

Dawn : (Though it seems, Rimuru is an exception...his fate is totally blurry, is it because his fate is the key factor of this world ? Or maybe Veldanava did have something to do with him?)

He tried to overrule Rimuru's victory against Hinata but that fate didn't exist...Rimuru's future is building outside even the Ultimate skill that orders fate around.

Dawn : Or it is the doing of the Author ?

Ramiris : Mmh ? Did you say something ?

Dawn : No, I was just daydreaming...

Dawn Pov

Before I knew it, I was standing with Ramiris watching Rimuru turning lesser spirits into greater ones with Degenerate.

Everyone passed, it was now Chloe's turn...the important part is there, Chronoa...I can already feel her presence lurking around by feeling the near future fate.

Though Chornoa and Chloe's fate are blurry too...but that's due to their relation to time.

Ramiris : What the hell is this !

Dawn : Don't interfere.

A sudden pressure taking out the sky falling on us...Ramiris naturally became agitated to the appearance of Chronoa.

The manas quickly flew around the room kissing Rimuru before going back to Chloe...though before she left, her eyes flew toward my direction for a moment.

Dawn : (I will have to meet with Chloe later.)

Well i should get to work too, turning around i quickly muttered some incantation under my breath.

Immediately, two earth shaking magical circles appeared...this was just how powerful Dusk and Snowie were.

Their intensity wasn't anywhere near Chronoa's but it could still be felt so that's why I took precaution.

Immediately, I canceled the pressure by dispersing its fate...everything has a fate, similar to information management with the Lord of stories, Fate could just overrule things like that.

Dawn : (It has been a while...sorry for suddenly leaving you two.)

Snowie : (Welcome back master.)

Dusk : (Hehe, as i thought there is no better napping place than master's soul.)

They didn't wait much to come back into my soul and reform our soul corridor...I missed this warmth a little...and I just woke up an hour ago.

I can't imagine what those two felt for 2 years...

Dawn : (We're going to get busy so get ready for you two.)

Snowie : (Oh for that, i already went on ahead and made a little preparation with the Fallen light.)

Preparation she says, interesting...i'll have her explain everything to me while we leave this labyrinth.

Dawn : By the way Ramiris, what do you think about recovering your power ?

Interrupting Ramiris and Rimuru's small dispute over Chronoa's existence, the spirit queen turned to me shocked.

Ramiris : W-what do you mean ?

Dawn : You already noticed because for me you are like a mother...i finally understand myself and my power...

This was a bit embarrassing but that is the pure truth, ever since i was a child i had been with Ramiris...i had seen her state falling from grace.
Yet over 2000 years, even when I lived as Elite...I still came here to meet her and she welcomed me.

A parent and child, that is the closest bond I have with the people currently alive.

Ramiris : D-Dawn...

Rimuru : (Recover her power ?)

Great sage : (Notice : Individual Ramiris stated that she had fallen from grace to become a demon lord, the stats of spirit queen outclass the status of a True demon lord.)

Rimuru : (Oh I see...so Ramiris is really a big deal, huh.)

How ironic, in the past I did try to overwrite Ramiris's condition but it failed...I thought it was because of her abnormal status but in reality it was because I never really used Lord of Stories...

If I had used it, then it would have worked...I realize that because my skills are working right now...I can see the fate of Ramiris.

You know, Fate is fascinating...everyone is constantly submerged under this concept...today, your fate will be good luck, you will see a cat and if you follow it you will find love, but if you don't you'll miss that chance.

At that moment, two fate open to you...a mere action in the vast time that is a day...countless of fate formed for a single person.

The fate of Ramiris's power...the corruption from Milim's magicule...i can turn null that fate and replace it from « Will never recover » to « recover now ».

Dawn : Rimuru-san...your students seem to be tired from receiving their spirits, I think it would be better if you guys leave first.

A small smile forming on my face, I felt like a child giving his first gift to his mother.
Understanding my message, Rimuru nodded and gathered the kids...but before leaving he turned to me and muttered a few words.

Rimuru : I confirmed that you aren't a bad person, so let's meet again, Dawn-kun.

Dawn : ...

So that's the protagonist Rimuru Tempest...Elite was fascinated by his character and I understand why now.
The smile he was giving me right now was warming my heart...seriously, ever since i accepted myself, i feel like i returned to the me before i became a monster.

Dawn : Yeah...don't worry we'll meet soon enough.

'Floosh'

Watching as they teleported away...i returned my attention toward Ramiris who stood still in the air.

Her hair overshadowed her eyes...i couldn't read her despite her pixie form being easy to see through.

Ramiris : What are you saying...me a mother ? You don't seem to realize how much you did for me over the past 2000 years.

Dawn : Huh ?

Ramiris : You know...ever since I had fallen from grace and gradually became weaker, I had lost most of my memories.

Small tears fell from her eyes, I was stunned for an instant...not expecting this outcome, it was as if I was talking to the Ramiris from 2000 years ago.

Ramiris : But I did everything in my power to keep those memories...the memories of two abandoned human children who entered my labyrinth and became my very first friends.

Dawn : Ramiris...

Ramiris : Please...don't ever call me anything like a « mother »...I had the power to change so many things yet I failed...you know how devastated I was when you told me about Sola ?

My heart tightened at the mention of her name...I'm still reluctant in remembering that story...

After all, Sola isn't properly dead...her existence was shattered to a writer level, she was the reason I had discovered about the Lord of Stories's true nature and the Author.

At the end, Sola had outsmarted me...and I couldn't keep up my vow to make her meet Rimuru.

No...actually, Sola might have known something about the Author before I even discovered it...she wasn't normal in the end...

I think...yes, since she knew the Author was reading this story...Sola had manipulated her own character so she could trick the Author.

That must be why, at a certain point she appeared less and less when she was introduced as the deuteragonist of my life.

Who is really the Author and Sola ? Those are questions I might never get answered...

Dawn : Ramiris...i know,calling mother might not have been the best term...

Taking a step ahead, I quickly appeared in front of the spirit queen and took her in my hand comforting her.

Dawn : Sorry...i was really insensitive, i ignored your pain and got more and more reckless.
Ramiris : Y-you idiot...

Dawn : I thought I was protecting you but in reality, I was just making you worried, huh...

So just this once, please let me protect you Ramiris...

Dawn : [Reverse fate].

Unlike Chloe's technique which returned one's state to its former self, my Reverse fate inverted fate itself.

100 luck will turn into 100 bad luck...with this, Ramiris you are finally back to your true self.

Closing my eyes with a satisfied smile, I let myself fall into the embrace of the adult Ramiris.

Yeah...this is the path I am choosing...

3rd Pov

Several weeks passed then, the day of Rimuru's departure finally came...(By the way for the Ova episode where Noir appears to save Tiss-sensei and the childrens, Rimuru came in at the right time and saved everyone.)

Bidding his goodbye, he left on the back of Ranga hoping to teleport to Tempest once he was faraway enough.

But before he could get too far, he was stopped as he felt the effect of Anti-magic area.

Hinata Sakaguchi appeared, it was her time to avenge Shizue Izawa, her teacher...

On a cliff a few kilometers away from the fighting scene, Dawn was observing with two specific individuals.

Dawn : Everything is set then ?

Yuu : Yes...we had sent 10 thousand knights to support Falmuth...instead of the original 3 thousands...(They will be sacrificed for Rimuru's evolution...)

Her eyes turned darker as she didn't expect this order from Dawn...when he came back, he was a bit different.

The coldness surrounding him seemed to have disappeared yet he gave such a horrible order.

Eleonor : I have also assigned Shizue to go back to Ruberios, Horizon is on the move too, as we speak he must be dealing with demon lord Dagruel's mens.

Yes...that's right, there is one big change in this timeline...since more knights from Ruberios are sent off, Dagruel decides to launch another tentative in overthrowing Ruberios.

Unfortunately, they were sent the worst opponent in a war...a man who will do everything his master orders.

Yuu : As for the other members, they are ready to launch an all out attack on the clergy.

Dawn : Good, then can you two help me with something else ?

Eleonor : Naturally, give us your order and it will be done.

Yuu Pov

Two years...for two years our leader was gone, because of this and Snowie-san's order.

We served under Luminous...it caused quite a stir but at the end, all of us had different perceptions of the time than normal humans.

2 years was fine...though I was more worried about the plot. If Dawn-san came back after the Falmuth war, changing the course of events would be impossible.

Dawn : I need you two to infiltrate the Eastern Empire.

Two years ago, I was tasked with a direct request from Luminous...the mission was simple but hard. I had to find out more about Dawn-san and « help » him.

But now...when he came back to us a few days ago, I could see how different he was...this is what Luminous talked about.

The true Dawn Arceid, honestly i don't know how to feel about this...what more is that he looks weaker than before.

No, maybe weaker isn't the right word, he is just different.

Yuu : What should we investigate ?

Dawn : I need an exact report on their military force, equipment and the imperial guards.

Eleonor : It shouldn't be that hard, the only problem is the emperor and the Scorch dragon, Velgrynd...they can easily see through our lie...

Dawn : Don't worry, as long as they don't personally investigate and meet you, nothing will happen.

His abilities too changed, he showed us some weird things like teleportation but it was different from the one he used before.

From his explanation it was a question of fate...the place where he should be can be changed, so instead of being fated to be at Point A, he will appear at Point B.

It's all very confusing but we just have to trust him.

Dawn : I heard there were a few immigration groups who fled toward the Empire after Falmuth announced their war, melt into them.

Yuu : I see, you already planned everything.

Eleonor : When should we report ?

Dawn : Every 3 weeks until I call you back.

Nodding, all that is left to do is for us to leave.

3rd Pov

After settling a few more details, both girls left...Dawn stared at their backs as they disappeared into Yuu's shadow.

Dawn : it's time, i guess...

Looking at his sword on his waist, Hinata and Rimuru seemed to be talking at the moment.

Dawn : Might as well conceal my identity for now.

Grabbing an odd looking mask, it was nothing like the one Rimuru, Chloe and Shizue wore.

To Hinata and Rimuru's location...both powerful individuals were staring at each other, bloodlust could be felt coming from the knight of Ruberios.

Hinata : I'm here to avenge my teacher...two of them actually.

Rimuru : What ?

Hinata : Shizu-sensei...this name reminds you of one of your prayers, right.

This confused Rimuru but soon things started to make sense, someone told Hinata about Shizue's death and her contact with Rimuru.

Hinata : Not only that...but Dawn-sensei was last seen in the Jura Forest, your domain before disappearing...you are a threat I can't let go.

Rimuru : Dawn ?!

Hinata : Yeah...i don't know what kind of trick you used to defeat him but this ends now.

Unsheathing her sword, she dashed forward...this took Rimuru by surprise but still he managed to dodge and take out his own sword.

The next instant, both already exchanged a series of blows...

Hinata : I see...you are this strong even under Anti-magic area...I severely underestimated you ! (But that still not enough to beat Dawn-sensei, i have to be careful of his potential tricks.)

Rimuru : Tch ! Can't we talk first ! (She is kinda slow...the only problem is her swordsmanship...)

The fight continued for a little while before both noticed another presence approaching...and this newcomer didn't even bother trying to hide it.

Hinata : (What a strong aura...who is that ? An ally of this monster?)

Rimuru : (This aura...another knight who wants my head?!)

Great sage : (Notice : The owner of this aura is individual Dawn.)

The slime's eyes widened at the notice, he quickly looked over at the aura's location...a man wearing a long gray cape, from head to toe, he was covered as if hiding something.
As for his face, he wore a mask with two holes displaying his eyes...

Rimuru : W-what is this appearance...

Hinata : So you planned this far...no wonder you managed to kill the strongest knight of Ruberios.

Rimuru : Eh ?

The longer the fight became, the more misunderstanding formed...it seems.

Anyway, when Dawn was close enough he without warning unsheathed Dimension and swung his blade forward.
The attack aimed at Hinata and Rimuru, the two of them quickly jumped back feeling the danger incoming.

Rimuru : (What the-this guy is insane ! I would have turned into slime puddles if it had landed!)

The sword swing split the earth, forming a semi-large rift between Hinata and Rimuru...it was big enough to stop trained soldiers from crossing.

Hinata : (Such strength...a S rank, no maybe even a disaster class monster...)

Silent after such an entrance, Dawn looked toward Rimuru and motionned him to leave first...this didn't go unnoticed by the slime who nodded.

Rimuru : I'll leave first then !

Turning around, he ran off activating special transfer...

Hinata : As if i wil-

She jumped forward not wanting to let the ruler of the monster go, the rift might be large enough to stop a trained soldier, but that was a basic jump for her.

Unfortunately, her opponent wasn't Rimuru anymore.

Dawn : Not so fast, God's right hand.

Hinata : You !

Appearing behind her mid air, Hinata struggle evaded a sidekick before engaging a close combat fight while falling.

Hinata : (He is fast...this won't be easy and that Rimuru already left!)

Gritting her teeth, she grabbed her opponent's arm after finding a flaw in his guard but her grip immediately felt off.

She soon realized that it was a trap, now close enough with one arm available, her left hand which is the non dominant one at that, she was full of opening now.

Hinata : Dammi-

Dawn : You're still lacking.

Hinata felt the danger coming, her neck was quickly seized as they reached near the ground...the man holding her was strong.

She couldn't get his hand off, it was only the very last moment that he let her go crashing into the ground.

Hinata : Y-you...bastard !

Despite the heavy fall, the knight wasn't much affected...she quickly recomposed herself and got up clearing the surrounding dust.

Hinata : (Tch, to think a monster would be this good at hand to hand combat...Rimuru Tempest is already gone, i can't do much about it now, should i run ? No, I have to eliminate this monster first.)

Holding her rapier, she turned around searching for the enemy but somehow he was nowhere to be seen.

Hinata : (How did he escape my detection...can he still use magic ? Wait...Anti-magic area is gone?!)

A sweet formed on her forehead as she realized...Rimuru used a special transfer to leave, he couldn't have done that with Anti-magic area in the way.

She suddenly felt a creepy feeling coming from behind, following her instinct she moved her sword around and pared an incoming attack.

Dawn : Good reflex.

Hinata : Y-you...

Glaring at him while they engaged into a battle of strength, Hinata could see her sword shaking, the blade particularly.

This only happened when in a duel of sword, one is superior to the other...ultimately it would end with the weaker sword breaking.

Hinata : (Wait..;this sword swing, the way he sneaked behind me...)

Something felt really off about this guy, and Hinata's suspicion only grew as she decided to retreat ?

Kicking off the ground, she disengaged the face of and went back several feet.

She expected Dawn to follow and attack again but surprisingly he didn't and just stood still watching her do.

Hinata : Are you underestimating me ?

Dawn : Not at all, just my goal is done so I have no reason to fight anymore.

Hinata : So you are really his accomplice...I really can't let you go.

Gripping her sword tighter, she took an odd looking battle stance...

Dawn : Oh ?

Hinata : This ends here. (I only remember Dawn-sensei using it, but he never openly taught it to me...but that should be fine, i can replicate it at least.)

There was no magicule, no skill...it was pure swordsmanship, this took Dawn off guard, she wasn't even using her skill: mathematician.

Dawn : Very well, I'll accept your challenge.

Taking his own simple battle stance, he held his sword straight in a common knightly way.

Hinata ; (He isn't taking me seriously...)

Tension kept rising each second that passed, the winds brushed through their air as not even their breath could be felt.

Finally, when everything felt right Hinata rushed forward...her sword danced in the air aiming for her enemy's body.

Hinata : (The combination of 7 swordsmanship, the supreme art that only someone who lived that long could master...)

A technique that combined all strong points from different swordsmanship...aimed for direct death, the consecutive slash generated by the technique could go beyond the molecular degree, perhaps even affect the astral body directly.

Hinata : [Dawn break].

Her heart stopped as the ri of her blade reached her enemy...the normal process would have ended after her enemy was totally annihilated.

But just now, before she could even start the second phase of the sword art, she was blocked...her eyes widened in shock as this wasn't possible.

Hinata : (He was faster than me ?! No, I am sure I executed it perfectly...he knew where my sword was going before I even launched myself!)

This could only mean that this mysterious opponent of hers knew about Dawn break as well...and only one person should know that.

Dawn : It's really impressive, you managed to master 7 swordsmanship in just a few years...truly your talent is something else.

Looking down on her as his sword swiftly parred Hinata's sword...

Dawn : But you failed to see, Dawn break isn't constituted of 7 sword art but 8.

Hinata : I was skeptical at first but I'm certain now...you are Dawn-sensei aren't you.

Dawn : Oh ? Well I guess seeing you use my own technique against me made me excited.

It's true, after all...Dawn break is the very peak of his swordsmanship, he hasn't seen Nova break with his own eyes yet.

But deep down, he believed that Dawn break won't be inferior to even the strongest sword art.

Hinata : What is the meaning of this ?

Dawn : Will you listen if I say I wanted to talk this out ?

Hinata : Yes...

This startled Dawn not expecting this, it seemed Hinata trusted him more than he thought...with a smile he sighed and sheathed his sword.

Dawn : Then let's go, I'll explain the situation while we get back to Ruberios.

Hinata : What about the ruler of the monster ?

Dawn : He isn't our enemy, don't worry.

It was good that things ended peacefully, still he could feel some frustration in Hinata, she must either feel bad for failing Dawn break or about Shizue's revenge.

Dawn : Don't worry, everything is under control.

Reassuring her, he hastily patted her head before messing with her hair a little...for a brief moment, Hinata showed a surprised expression not expecting this from Dawn of all people.

Hinata : (He changed...i heard he disappeared after going to the Jura Forest to deal with the Orcs...but then no news, even Luminous-sama just said to leave him behind...)

This was devastating news for her, what more is that she was left in the dark, losing her two teachers at the same time.
This news was really bad taken by Hinata, and all redirected toward the Jura forest who coincidentally welcomed a new nation with its leader having a similar appearance to Shizue.

Everything was too much, she even intensified her training to learn Dawn break...

Dawn : Shizue is alive...so don't worry.

Hinata : !!!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

19.3K 1.2K 36
A collection of Side Stories, Bonus Chapters, What If's and other random stuff that I couldn't fit into Odd Beast World. Or I could - later. BEWARE o...
13.5K 172 23
Tensura x (OP Female and Male OC) Tensei shitara slime datta ken Fanfiction Description: (Changed) This is the story of an Unknown individual with ma...
189K 2.8K 29
(Y/N) Leviathan is the son of the original devil king leviathan and an otherworldly angel his family hates him for his half blood. One day he meets a...
156K 3.7K 17
This is the story of Rimuru Tempest, he was the strongest being that ever existed and the oldest. he was bored because he was the only one in the voi...