I'm Very Happy After Marrying...

loisantoinette

Shen Tang, a struggling actress, finds herself transported into the pages of a book as the contracted wife of... Еще

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
51 - 60
61 - 70
71 - 80
91 - 100
101 - 110
111 - 120
121 - 130
131 - 140
141 - end

81 - 90

367 1 0
loisantoinette

Chapter 81

Shen Tang was laughing so hard that her jaw dislocated. As the saying goes, excessive joy begets sorrow.

Shen Tang: "..."

Luckily, the family doctor lived downstairs and Gu Huaian quickly invited him over.

This was not difficult to treat. With a click, her jaw was back in place. However, the look in the doctor's eyes towards the two was rather meaningful.

Shen Tang really did not want to understand the implication. She blamed her extensive knowledge.

Gu Huaian was also somewhat uncomfortable. "Don't get the wrong idea, it's not what you think..."

The doctor nodded understandingly. "I see. Don't worry, I won't say anything."

Shen Tang and Gu Huaian: "..."

It had to be said, this was really easy to misunderstand, especially since it was the middle of the night.

After seeing the doctor out, the two seemed even more embarrassed.

Shen Tang lay back down, intending to sleep.

Despite being very awake, she was not tired at all.

Gu Huaian often stayed up late working. At that moment, he still had some unfinished work.

"You sleep, I'll finish up some work."

Shen Tang peeked out from under the covers, secretly looking at Gu Huaian. It's often said that a man diligently working is most charming. This scene was quite pleasing to the eyes.

Why didn't he have any dark circles? He was simply inhuman!

Ahhhhh, he put on his glasses. A gentleman villain, a beast in sheep's clothing!

Gu Huaian's actions paused as he looked towards Shen Tang. "If you're not sleepy, come help me."

Shen Tang pulled the covers over her head. "Who said I'm not sleepy."

Gu Huaian sighed. "Then sleep quickly and stop thinking random thoughts."

He couldn't concentrate on his work.

Shen Tang mumbled softly. How did he know what she was thinking?

The next day, Shen Tang was woken up by knocking on her door.

Still groggy from sleep, she realized it was already past 10 am.

She bolted up in panic. Oh no! It was so late after staying over at someone else's home. What would they think of her!

After hurriedly washing up and going downstairs, she unexpectedly saw a whole family sitting on the sofa.

Including Old Master Gu, Old Madam Gu, Gu Huaian, Gu Qingan, Gu Anran, and Gu Wuyang.

They were all core members of the Gu family.

Shen Tang's steps faltered. She squeezed out an embarrassed yet polite smile. "Morning."

Old Master Gu harrumphed. "It's almost lunch time. What morning!"

Old Madam Gu glared at him. "If you've got nothing nice to say, keep your mouth shut!"

Then she beckoned to Shen Tang affectionately, "Come down quick. You must be hungry. Have a little something first. Lunch will be ready soon."

"Thanks, Mom. I'm not very hungry." Shen Tang sat down awkwardly and looked at Gu Huaian in surprise. She really wanted to ask why he wasn't at work.

It was as if Gu Huaian could read her mind and explained, "I took the day off today."

Gu Huaian thought to himself: I'm not a tapeworm, I can hear your thoughts.

This ability was truly bizarre. He didn't know how it came about or when it would disappear.

Although it was somewhat impolite, it also eliminated his misunderstanding about Shen Tang. At least he knew she was not her past self.

If there were no thoughts, sooner or later he would have realized she had changed. But it might have wasted more time.

"Sis, you woke up so late!" Gu Anran wrinkled her nose. She had been waiting all morning.

Noticing the subtle expressions on Old Madam Gu and Gu Qingan's faces, Shen Tang smiled awkwardly.

"Sorry, I overslept."

"Have you decided if you'll participate in Cute Baby Charge?"

"Huh?" Shen Tang was confused.

Gu Anran looked at Gu Huaian angrily. "Uncle, you lied!"

Gu Huaian rubbed his nose. Could he say he forgot?

"Sorry, Uncle forgot. Ask your aunt yourself now."

Gu Anran went over and started shaking Shen Tang's clothes. "Sis, sis, sis, sis..."

The only thing on Shen Tang's mind were the words "sis sis".

"Stop shouting, you need to ask your mom if she agrees..."

Shen Tang passed the question back to Gu Qingan.

After all, it was her child.

She thought Gu Qingan would refuse. Unexpectedly, she nodded indifferently, "Sure, go play."

Shen Tang was stunned.

Gu Qingan explained with a smile, "What you're worried about, they've told me. I don't think it'll be an issue. Since they've made the decision, they have to bear the consequences. Even if it does reach that point, consider it a trial. Of course, the Gu family doesn't eat grass."

Gu Qingan was indeed a powerful woman, she had great breadth of mind.

"If none of you have any objections, then I'll agree."

"Agree, agree, agree..." The little recorder started up again.

Shen Tang was getting a headache from the noise.

Although Gu Wuyang didn't say anything, the delight in her eyes couldn't be concealed. She was obviously very happy too.

Shen Tang remembered watching children's shows when she was little in her past life. She seemed to have envied those kids too. She understood instantly.

She looked at Gu Wuyang affectionately. She would help fulfill this child's wish then.

"Alright, alright, go on."

Gu Anran jumped excitedly. "Woohoo!"

She would perform well on the show and let everyone understand her real sister!

Everyone would surely like her!

After that, it quieted down again. Other than the two little ones, none of the adults spoke.

Shen Tang didn't know how the others felt, but she certainly felt awkward.

Very, extremely awkward in fact.

She sat between Old Madam Gu and Gu Huaian, nervously clenching and releasing her fists repeatedly.

【I'm gonna die, gonna die, gonna die】

【Should I say something?】

【Is this aristocratic family life? As expected, it's dangerous like deep waters and scorching fires.】

【No wait, do the Gu family usually talk so little? Isn't this too quiet...】

Gu Huaian glanced at her. "Hungry?"

"Huh?"

"I'll take you to eat."

"Um, I'm not very hungry..."

She was a little hungry since she drank a lot last night and had digested it all by now.

But lunch was currently being prepared in the kitchen. It didn't seem right for her to eat.

"Let's go."

Gu Huaian stood up. Seeing Shen Tang unmoving, he reached out to pull her along directly.

Shen Tang had an embarrassed expression but Old Madam Gu smiled kindly. "Go on."

Gu Anran ran over. "I wanna go too!"

Gu Qingan grabbed her. "You're not going."

"I'm hungry!"

"You're not."

Gu Anran wanted to say more but Gu Wuyang pulled her aside and whispered to her for a bit. Then she understood and nodded.

"Sis, you go. I'm not hungry anymore."

Shen Tang: "..."

She strangely felt like they were discussing her.

Gu Huaian brought her to the kitchen. Shen Tang discovered the kitchen in the old mansion was truly enormous, practically the size of an average person's entire home.

Of course, not that many people were cooking inside, only a few.

They didn't react at all to their entry and remained completely focused on preparing the ingredients.

The ingredients here were all extremely fresh and top-grade. They had to be carefully handled to not affect the taste.

Thinking of the casual meals she used to make, Shen Tang instantly felt her cooking didn't deserve to be called food.

"What do you want to eat?"

Gu Huaian's action of rolling up his sleeves made Shen Tang gape.

She asked in astonishment, "You can cook?"

Chapter 82

Gu Huaian tilted his head, "What, don't I look like it?"

Shen Tang shook her head, "You really don't look like it. I thought you were someone who would never touch the opposite sex inappropriately."

【After all, he is supposed to be an overbearing president. He should not work diligently at all times and be unable to distinguish between the five grains. Instead, he should occasionally have red eyes, pinch waists, howl, and do other cool things.】

Gu Huaian sighed. He really didn't know where Shen Tang got all these strange ideas from.

"The Gu family rules dictate that girls should be raised in luxury while boys should be raised in poverty. Since high school, I have been studying abroad, and my family has given me the same amount of money as an average student, which is barely enough to get by. To be honest, I even had a part-time job at a Chinese restaurant back then, and that's where I learnt how to cook."

"Ha?" Shen Tang was very shocked. She had thought that an rich second generation like Gu Huaian must have lived an extravagant life since he was young.

"Don't get your hopes up, I'm not necessarily a good cook."

Shen Tang quickly shook her head, "No no, it must be more delicious than my cooking."

Since lunch would be in two hours, Gu Huaian was just letting Shen Tang fill her stomach. He didn't plan on making anything too complicated.

Using chicken broth as the base, he cooked a bowl of fresh shrimp and vegetable noodles. Considering that Shen Tang had to maintain her figure, there were only a few strands of noodles, and the rest of the bowl was filled with greens and shrimp.

Garnished with green onions and cilantro, Shen Tang was practically drooling when the piping hot bowl was placed in front of her.

"It smells so good..."

【I didn't expect Gu Huaian to be such a good cook. Is there anything he can't do? How are ordinary people supposed to live? 】

【Oh right, I heard that the technology for males to give birth is almost fully researched in foreign countries?】

Gu Huaian couldn't bear to listen any further, and pushed the bowl and chopsticks towards her. "Eat up."

After taking a mouthful of noodles, Shen Tang was instantly amazed.

"It's sho good!"

To be honest, it was more delicious than her own cooking.

As expected, an exceptional person excels in every aspect.

Having finished all the food and soup, her empty stomach from the morning was finally satisfied. Shen Tang let out a comfortable sigh.

"That hit the spot."

"What are your plans next?"

Shen Tang blinked. "Waiting for lunch?"

Gu Huaian chuckled softly. "Other than eating."

Shen Tang thought for a while. "Nothing much. I'll be starting filming in a couple days, so I plan to focus on acting. Oh right, there's also that parenting variety show I have to go discuss the contract for."

Gu Huaian nodded. "What about this afternoon? Any plans?"

"Nothing in the afternoon."

"How about going to watch a movie then?" Gu Huaian coughed lightly into his fist. "My friend gave them to me. It'd be a waste not to use them."

"What movie is it?" Shen Tang didn't think too deeply about it.

She was more inclined to believe that Gu Huaian was reluctant to waste the tickets rather than him deliberately asking her out to the movies. He probably had deeper motives, like wanting to check out how the movie turned out.

Gu Huaian, who could hear her inner thoughts: "..."

Why couldn't he simply want to watch a movie with her?

"You'll know when we get there this afternoon. Oh right, what kind of movies do you usually like to watch?"

"I'm pretty easygoing. I like watching all genres except for arthouse films."

It wasn't that she didn't like arthouse films. She just couldn't understand them. She didn't have the insight or deeper thoughts to comprehend what the directors were trying to convey. She preferred exciting blockbusters that sent adrenaline levels surging.

Gu Huaian tensed his palms slightly after hearing her inner thoughts.

"Ahem. I need to go to the restroom for a bit."

Once inside the restroom, Gu Huaian quickly texted his assistant Qian to rebook two movie tickets.

Luckily he had asked. Showing her the wrong movie would have the opposite effect.

A while later, Gu Huaian walked out with the corners of his lips slightly upturned.

Shen Tang was puzzled. "That happy just from using the restroom?"

"Yup."

Shen Tang: "Hmmmmm..."

She didn't expect Gu Huaian to be so happy just from using the toilet. But to each their own, she should respect and understand his preferences.

Gu Huaian: "..."

He wasn't, he didn't have any weird preferences.

But in this situation, it seemed he couldn't voluntarily explain himself just yet...

He fabricated: "I just received some good news earlier and got happy over it."

Shen Tang realized she had misunderstood. Thankfully she didn't voice her assumptions out loud.

"I see... you didn't need to explain yourself to me..."

Gu Huaian didn't say anything more.

After lunch at the old residence, Gu Qingan called Shen Tang over.

Shen Tang grew nervous.

While she was used to interacting with Anran, she rarely talked to this elder sister.

From her brief interaction last time, she seemed like a nice person.

But Shen Tang still couldn't figure out why she was looking for her.

Countless thoughts flashed through her mind just walking those few steps over.

Only after confirming no one else could overhear them did Gu Qingan speak. "Sorry, did I scare you?"

"Ah no, not at all~!" While Shen Tang was very nervous, she wasn't scared.

"I asked you here because I have a favor to request your help with."

"What is it?" Shen Tang couldn't think of anything she could do to help her. After all, it seemed she didn't have much ability to offer.

"It's like this. You know just how hard Huaian works. If this keeps up, his body won't be able to take it. I want you to advise him not to work so hard."

"I probably can't do that..."

"You can! Huaian will listen to you."

Shen Tang didn't understand why Gu Qingan sounded so certain. She scratched her head. "I'll try my best then."

"Oh right, this is for you."

What Gu Qingan handed to her was an invitation card to an auction house.

There was a QR code printed on it that showed the items up for auction after scanning.

Shen Tang asked in bewilderment, "Why are you giving this to me?"

She didn't have money! Her savings were for her retirement fund, she couldn't touch that!

Also, with what little savings she had, she probably couldn't afford anything there since even the cheapest items were in the seven digits.

"I think you can just go take a look. The invitation allows you to bring a friend along too. You can invite someone to go have fun with you."

"Thank you, sister." Since it came from the kindness of her heart, there was no harm in going to take a look.

Shen Tang felt she was too uncultured. It would be good to broaden her horizons. She just wasn't sure who to invite along.

Wait. Come to think of it, all her good friends came from wealthy families...

Shen Tang's face fell as she realized that out of everyone, she was the only poor one.

Seeing Shen Tang's ever-changing expression, Gu Qingan found her very amusing. Young people were so lively and vibrant!

Unable to resist, she pinched Shen Tang's cheeks. "Alright, I'm leaving Huaian in your hands. I've got other things to do."

Just don't let me down after all the effort I've put into this!

Shen Tang nodded with flushed cheeks. "Okay, bye sister~"

When hanging out with friends, she was always the one doing the face-pinching rather than the other way around. Getting her face pinched for once felt pretty nice actually!

Chapter 83

Shen Tang was seeing a movie with a male for the first time.

She didn't expect the tickets Gu Huaian's friend had given them to be for a horror film.

After the two entered the theater, they discovered there were hardly any people inside, only a dozen or so couples.

Their seats were in a prime central location.

Shen Tang settled into her seat with popcorn and Coke in hand, and glanced over at Gu Huaian beside her.

[Oh my god, I'm not going to get scared later am I!]

Hearing her thoughts, stone-faced Gu Huaian clenched his fists tightly. He would definitely keep an eye on Shen Tang, and leave early if it got too frightening.

The movie soon started, and Shen Tang watched with gusto as she snacked.

Gu Huaian beside her was looking rather pale.

Shen Tang reached over and grasped his hand, leaning in to softly ask: "Are you scared?"

Scared? How could a man admit to being scared? Let alone with Shen Tang next to him.

Gu Huaian shook his head. "Not one bit."

"Oh," Shen Tang responded. "But you look so pale."

"I was born this way."

Shen Tang sighed and shook her head. Keep pretending then.

The most stubborn part of his entire body was his mouth. Even the sky could collapse and his mouth would be there to prop it up.

Gu Huaian: "......"

He wanted to say...nevermind, it sounded dirty, best leave it unsaid.

Men really did share many similarities, being stubborn for instance.

Shen Tang withdrew her hand, but he gripped it tightly.

Oh well, hand holding it was then. It wasn't costing her anything.

Gu Huaian didn't pay attention to the movie plot at all, completely focused on the feeling of her soft hand in his own. He couldn't help but grow nervous:

Was he holding too tightly? Were his palms getting sweaty...?

Who would have thought he'd have such worries one day.

Gu Huaian pressed his lips together and sneakily glanced at the other couples in the theatre. Most had the girl looking fearful and the guy comforting her, and one couple was even boldly making out.

Gu Huaian: "......"

This was a public place, the security cameras could see everything clearly, yet they didn't care at all?

Noticing Gu Huaian's gaze, Shen Tang gave a knowing look. She pulled his head down onto her shoulder and put her arm around him.

"Don't be scared, it's all fake."

Gu Huaian: "......"

After hesitating a moment, he maintained this position.

Though somewhat embarrassing, this was considered intimate contact, especially since Shen Tang had initiated it.

When the movie finished and Gu Huaian stood up, he suddenly realized his neck was sore.

He casually massaged his neck and asked: "Was the movie good?"

"It was great! So thrilling, when can we come watch again?"

Gu Huaian laughed softly. "Anytime you want."

Shen Tang's ears abruptly turned red.

Damn him and that alluring smile.

Shen Tang shamelessly thought to herself.

"Shall we go for a stroll?" Gu Huaian checked his watch, it was still early.

"Sure."

It'd be nice to walk around after sitting for so long.

Along the way, Gu Huaian spotted an acquaintance and told Shen Tang: "Wait here, I'm going to say hi."

"Okay."

Shen Tang sat down on a bench and looked around while she waited.

She suddenly noticed a store with some pretty nice looking clothes and went inside to browse.

Just as she was about to touch one, a voice sounded from behind her: "What are you touching? What if you damage it?"

Shen Tang paused briefly before continuing to reach out, but was forcefully yanked back, the clothes were tugged as well.

The shop attendant hurried over, wanting to see what had transpired.

"What are you doing?" Shen Tang's brows furrowed.

She took a look at the person who had pulled her. A plump figure covered in gems and gold jewelry.

The face was unfamiliar, Shen Tang was certain she didn't recognize her.

"Why did you grab me?"

Shen Tang glanced down at the clothes in her hand, the threads had come loose.

She held them out. "You should pay for this, you pulled it."

The woman was unhappy. She pointed at Shen Tang saying: "It was clearly you who pulled it. Trying to put the blame on me? If you can't afford it then don't come poking around."

Shen Tang had the sudden urge to throw the clothes at the woman's head.

Noticing the looks floating their way, she suppressed her anger and explained: "Would it have torn if you didn't yank me? "

It wasn't that she couldn't afford to compensate, but it wasn't her fault, why should she have to foot the bill?

The woman raised her brow and loudly declared: "I only gave you a tiny tug, though it's no wonder with how you look like the mistress my husband keeps outside......you little homewrecker!"

Upon hearing this, Shen Tang clearly sensed the shift in how the onlookers were gazing at her.

If earlier they were merely curious for some drama, now their expressions held contempt, condemnation and disgust.

She could tolerate no more, there was no need.

Shen Tang coldly laughed. "Spouting nonsense? Did your mother not teach you not to randomly spread rumors? Do you know spreading falsehoods is against the law?"

The woman shrank back a little, but seeing the crowd around her spoke up again stubbornly: "Whether or not you're a mistress, you know clearly in your heart. If you aren't, then prove it!"

Shen Tang crossed her arms over her chest. "Hilarious. The burden of proof lies with the one who alleges. Do you understand? You're alleging I'm a mistress. I might as well allege you're a mistress, and a spare on the side too."

"I was trying to give you some face, but since you refuse to back down, you want proof right? Take a look then."

The woman took out her phone and opened to a picture.

It was a bed photo containing a woman who resembled her and a man lying together.

Shen Tang was shocked, eyes bulging wide.

The two bore an astonishing seven parts likeness! They could pass as biological sisters.

"Holy crap! The resemblance!"

"See the similarity!"

After speaking both felt something was off.

The woman was stunned a moment. "Why are you pretending? This is obviously you right?"

Shen Tang frowned. "We do really look alike, but this clearly isn't me. Ask the people around if you don't believe me."

Shen Tang didn't know if she had a sister, but this woman definitely wasn't her. The cosmetic surgery traces were still distinct.

The woman first showed the photo to the shop attendant. The attendant smiled and shook her head, "There is a strong resemblance, but it's not the same person. The one in the picture has a pointier chin, it looks like she got some work done."

It had to be said, shop attendants really did have a discerning eye.

Shen Tang gave her a thumbs up.

"That's right, her nose is smaller than mine too."

Shen Tang suspected the woman in the picture also had a nose job.

She'd read before that those surgeries were terribly painful, this girl sure had endurance.

Still unconvinced, the woman passed her phone around to some passersby.

Most said it wasn't the same person, though a few felt it could be an issue of angles and makeup.

Shen Tang: "......"

"Wait seriously, shouldn't you all go get your eyes examined?" Shen Tang earnestly suggested.

"My eyes are perfectly fine!"

"Hold on, isn't she that actress? Called something or other Tang?"

"Now that you mention it...seems like she is..."

Shen Tang desperately wanted to cover her face and flee, that would only affirm she actually was Shen Tang though.

She deliberately touched her own face, asking in delight: "Really? People have told me before I resemble a famous actress!"

Hearing her say this, the crowd then felt she wasn't the celebrity after all.

"I must have seen incorrectly..."

Shen Tang disagreed. "No no, you didn't see wrong ma'am. I do look a lot like Shen Tang. We're equally good looking."

Passerby: "Eh yo~!"

Chapter 84

In the time it took to speak, the plump woman who had previously claimed Shen Tang was the mistress thought she could slip away unnoticed in the chaos, but she was alerted by a passerby who wanted to watch the drama unfold or perhaps had good intentions.

"Famous star, she's getting away!"

Shen Tang turned her head just in time to see the woman sneaking off furtively.

"Where are you going? Feeling guilty?"

The woman acted tough, "What do I have to feel guilty about? Hehe, whoever did something wrong knows it in their heart."

Shen Tang nodded, "You're right, then you should be clear about the consequences of spreading rumors, no?"

As she spoke, she took out her phone and started tapping on it.

The woman nervously asked, "What are you doing?"

"Calling the police. I can't bear this mistress reputation."

The woman gulped, "Is calling the police necessary?"

By this point, most onlookers had figured out what was going on.

Some supported Shen Tang calling the police, while others thought she was making a mountain out of a molehill.

But Shen Tang didn't care what others thought. She was going to use legal means to uphold her rights.

Just then, Gu Huaian came back surrounded by a group of people.

"What's going on?" Gu Huaian coldly glanced around. "Someone bullied you?"

The color drained from the woman's face. She would recognize that face even if it turned to ash.

What was his relationship to this woman?

The woman now deeply regretted recklessly defaming someone without getting the facts straight. She was stuck in a dilemma.

She looked pleadingly at Shen Tang, appearing extremely pathetic.

"I..."

Shen Tang waved her hand, "It's nothing, just a misunderstanding."

The woman was pathetically grateful, "Yes yes, just a misunderstanding..."

She called the salesperson over, "Get this young lady's purchases today on my tab...uh, I have to go, bye now..."

"No need to go overboard, just paying for this skirt is fine."

"Yes yes, I'll pay right away."

The woman paid and hurried off.

This time, Shen Tang didn't try to stop her.

However, she had no intention of taking the woman's money.

It wasn't like she couldn't afford it herself.

Alright, she could afford it, but after buying it she'd be broke.

The onlookers hadn't left yet. Most were sneakily peering over, seemingly wanting to figure out her relationship with Gu Huaian.

Shen Tang looked puzzledly at the group of people trailing behind Gu Huaian. "They are..."

"It's nothing." Gu Huaian told those people, "You guys can go first."

The people looked at each other, and the leader respectfully said, "Then we won't disturb you..."

Gu Huaian swept his gaze around again. The surrounding people quickly avoided his eyes.

At this point, Shen Tang had lost her enthusiasm for shopping anyway.

Plus, she seemed to have noticed someone secretly taking photos. She didn't know if they would end up online or if she might be recognized.

"A friend of mine opened a shop nearby with great privacy. Want to go try it? The taste is pretty good."

Shen Tang nodded, "Sounds good, let's go. Is it far?"

"Not far, let's go."

Gu Huaian proactively blocked the prying eyes of those around them.

It really wasn't far, just down an alley next to the mall.

It was a small villa. From the outside, it looked nothing like a restaurant and more like a private residence.

You could see a Chinese-style interior through the fence, with flowing jugs and winding waters, exotic flowers and plants, carved railings and painted buildings. It was a visual feast.

Gu Huaian entered a password skillfully and they walked right in. A beauty in a cheongsam walked out in high heels. "Oh, a rare guest..."

Shen Tang was stunned by the woman before her eyes.

She was truly gorgeous, with delicate features, a seductive figure, innate charm, seemingly exuding a bewitching aura from her bones.

The woman walked not far from Shen Tang and lazily leaned against a table, twirling a strand of hair around her finger.

Just a casual glance from her felt profoundly affectionate.

"First time here, little sister? Any dietary restrictions?"

A hint of fragrance drifted over. Shen Tang felt a little dizzy.

[Such a nice scent...]

"No...no restrictions..."

Shen Tang couldn't resist as a woman either. Her face suddenly flushed red.

She secretly stole a few more glances. *sigh* How could someone be so good looking?

"Hehe, go ahead and look all you want, don't be shy."

Shen Tang's face grew even redder, she even felt a little hot.

[Sister is so beautiful...]

[I want to snuggle with sister so much...]

Gu Huaian's brows furrowed. He pulled Shen Tang behind him in one motion. "What are you doing getting so close? Just say what you need to say."

The woman chuckled lightly. "Oh? What are you afraid of? We can't even talk now?"

Shen Tang peeked out from behind Gu Huaian and shyly asked, "Sister, what's your name? I'm Shen Tang."

"You can call me Sister Lan."

"Sister Lan! You're so gorgeous!"

The woman glanced smugly at Gu Huaian. "Thanks for the compliment. You're very cute too. Have a seat, I'll go make you something to eat."

"Thank you, Sister Lan!"

After the woman left, Shen Tang couldn't hold back anymore and excitedly stomped her feet, whispering loudly, "Ahhh, did you hear that? Sister Lan called me cute!"

Gu Huaian: "..."

He didn't really understand. "Is it that big of a deal?"

"Of course it's a big deal! Getting complimented by a girl, it's totally cheating!"

Thinking of that woman's character, Gu Huaian suddenly regretted coming here. He had the feeling he personally led his lamb to the big bad wolf.

Oh right, forgot to mention, although the woman is biologically female, she likes other females.

This was also one of the reasons Gu Huaian was able to maintain a long friendship with her.

After all, back then he had no interest in women, while she had no interest in men.

After waiting a while, Sister Lan came out carrying a tray. She placed the items in front of Shen Tang one by one.

"These are my homemade candied fruits and pastries. Try them first to see if you like them."

Shen Tang looked at the pretty desserts, reluctant to ruin them.

"So beautiful..."

"Go on, try them. See if you like the taste."

Shen Tang's eyes lit up. She finally picked a peach blossom-shaped pastry. It was soft and sticky, mildly sweet, with a hint of peach aroma.

"So yummy! Sister Lan, your skills are just too good!"

Sister Lan smiled. "If you like it, have more. I'll pack some for you later too."

"That's...probably not appropriate..."

It didn't seem right to eat it now and take it to go.

"It's no problem. Someone's paying anyway."

Shen Tang looked at Gu Huaian and blinked, as if asking: Is it okay?

Gu Huaian pinched the bridge of his nose. "It's fine, take as much as you want."

Sister Lan waved a finger. "Not too much, but if little sister likes it, I can give them all to you."

Shen Tang blushed and nodded.

Ever since coming here, the heat hadn't left her cheeks.

Girls really were the most wonderful creatures in the world!

Chapter 85

Lan Sister was not only beautiful, but also a good cook. Shen Tang felt extremely regretful that she didn't have four stomachs like cows, otherwise she could have eaten up all the delicious food.

Gu Huaian said: No need to feel so regretful!

"If you like to eat, I can bring you here again next time."

Lan Sister came over and asked, "Little sister, why not give me your contact info? If you want to come here again, you can let me know in advance on WeChat."

"Sure, sure!"

Shen Tang ignored Gu Huaian's words completely. She took out her phone and added Lan Sister on WeChat.

Haha, wouldn't it be more convenient if she came by herself?

Moreover, that was a beautiful lady's WeChat contact. Only a fool would reject it!

Gu Huaian: "..."

"Watch your boundaries."

Lan Sister smiled ambiguously, "Look at what you said, do I look like someone without boundaries?"

"Yes."

Lan Sister was not bothered at all. She held Shen Tang's hand and said, "Come, I'll show you my stock. Pick whatever you like, I'll give them all to you."

"Great..."

Shen Tang's attention was all on her hand. Lan Sister's hand was soft and smooth as tofu.

Gu Huaian pursed his lips, emanating an unpleasant aura.

Shen Tang hesitated a little. Lan Sister forcefully pulled her and said, "Ignore him, the cold-faced block of ice."

Shen Tang chuckled at that.

After the two went inside, Gu Huaian sat there alone, sulking.

Now he regretted it. He shouldn't have brought Shen Tang here in the first place, knowing the type of person Lan Sister was.

Although he knew Lan Sister wouldn't do anything outrageous, Shen Tang was too lustful. He really wondered if she would be seduced away.

After waiting for a while without the two coming out, Gu Huaian was about to go in and find them. Finally he heard footsteps.

He saw the two of them come out chatting and laughing. Shen Tang was holding a bunch of stuff, with a big happy smile on her face that he could see from afar.

Humph.

Perhaps noticing Gu Huaian's resentment, Shen Tang looked over excitedly, "Gu Huaian! Lan Sister gave me so many things!"

Other than food, there were also some antique-looking accessories and clothes.

Gu Huaian said gloomily, "I thought you weren't going to leave."

"If Lan Sister doesn't mind, I can stay!"

Gu Huaian: "..."

Lan Sister covered her mouth, laughing and shaking. There were even tears coming out from laughter.

Gu Huaian pursed his lips, "Alright, time to go."

Shen Tang was a bit reluctant.

Some people just clicked so well at first sight. It was a feeling of reunion after a long separation.

Lan Sister pinched Shen Tang's cheek, "Remember to message me when you get back."

"Okay!"

On the way back, Gu Huaian didn't say a word, emanating chilly air.

Even a dummy like Shen Tang could tell he was angry.

She blinked her eyes, "Sorry."

"Hmm?"

"Don't be mad."

"I'm not mad."

"Yes, yes, you're not mad, just unhappy."

Gu Huaian sighed, "Stay away from her, she's not a good person."

Shen Tang frowned, "But I feel like Lan Sister is pretty nice..."

"She... Her ex-girlfriend had an accident, and she hasn't been normal ever since..."

Shen Tang was stunned for a moment.

"Wait, did you say ex-girlfriend?"

"Yes."

From Gu Huaian, Shen Tang heard a tragic story.

Lan Sister's original name was Shen Lan. She came from a scholarly family with strict, old-fashioned rules.

Shen Lan wasn't born attracted to girls either. Of course, she had never liked anyone before.

In college, she was popular for her good looks and personality.

That was when she met her girlfriend, who started pursuing her.

At first Shen Lan was repulsed, but didn't know when she had gotten used to the other's presence.

They were happy together for a while, until the Shen family found out about them.

The Shen family couldn't accept a homosexual relationship, and forced them to break up. Neither of them agreed.

So the Shen family imprisoned Shen Lan at home.

Shen Tang was shocked.

"Imprisoned?"

Was that something a decent family would do?

"Yes. They thought that would make the girls break up. But Shen Lan's girlfriend secretly ran over, intending to elope with her."

Shen Tang could guess without asking that it didn't succeed.

Sure enough:

"They were discovered. Shen Lan's father ordered someone to bring over the man he had chosen to be Shen Lan's husband, and made him do it with Shen Lan in front of her girlfriend..."

Shen Tang: "!!!"

"What the heck, he's insane!"

"That's his daughter!"

Shen Tang was so angry hearing this. This f*cker was not human! Simply inferior to beasts!

No, saying that would be insulting beasts!

Lan Sister looked quite cheerful. Didn't expect she had such painful experiences.

Gu Huaian sighed, "I also think he's seriously ill. Shen Lan couldn't believe her own father would order this. Her girlfriend desperately tried to save her and struggled. She fell and hit the broken teacup shards that Shen Lan's father had smashed earlier. She became vegetative."

Shen Tang opened and closed her mouth, not knowing what to say.

Lan Sister was just too pitiful, and so was her girlfriend...

She had heard that vegetative people could move and smile, looking just like normal people, except without consciousness.

It was truly cruel.

"Shen Lan cut ties with the Shen family after that. She started hating the Shen surname and loathed her own lineage. She rarely told people her surname externally, and broke off contacts with the Shen family.

Over the years, Shen Lan has been taking care of her girlfriend and her girlfriend's grandma. The grandma didn't blame her, which made her feel even more guilty. This small villa was the happy future home she and her girlfriend had looked forward to. She made it happen, just that the other person didn't get to see it..."

Back then Lan Sister probably didn't have the ability yet. Shen Tang suddenly realized Gu Huaian must have helped out!

Otherwise how would he know so clearly?

Shen Tang then thought of another question: "So why did you tell me to stay away from her?"

Gu Huaian paused for a bit. "She...started sleeping around to numb her pain after the trauma. She seduced quite a few people, but took no responsibility. She would leave after seducing them. Many girls wanted to live and die for her."

Shen Tang raised her brow, "You're afraid she would seduce me away?"

Gu Huaian didn't reply, but silence was the best answer.

Shen Tang chuckled, "Don't worry, I won't."

She only appreciated the beauty. She just wanted to be friends with the beautiful lady sister, someone to admire from afar but not defile.

Gu Huaian's intention telling her all this was to get Shen Tang to keep a distance from Shen Lan. But it had the opposite effect, making her feel more sympathetic.

When Shen Tang thought about how oppressive Lan Sister's family origins were, she felt heartache.

Perhaps sleeping around was her way of masking the sadness.

The more cheerfully she laughed, the sadder she was inside.

She had heard there was still a chance for vegetative people to wake up. Hopefully Lan Sister's girlfriend could wake up soon.

*Sigh*...

"I didn't expect I share the same surname Shen with Lan Sister. She shouldn't have any issues with the Shen surname, right?"

"If she has issues, you'll stay away from her?"

Shen Tang's eyes were determined, "No way. I can just not use the Shen surname too."

Come to think of it, why did she have the Shen surname in the first place?

Gu Huaian: "..."

He knew it!

Chapter 86

Shen Tang thought for a long time before finally remembering that Dean Mum seemed to have said when she picked her up, she had a bag embroidered with the Shen character with her at that time. Therefore, she was named Shen. It is also unknown whether she was deliberately abandoned at that time or lost. Anyway, no one has come looking for her in so many years, nor have there been any missing person notices seen.

Of course, Shen Tang did not care anyway. She was past the age of needing parents, and after hearing about Lan Sister's matter, Shen Tang even began to panic. Her parents would not be this kind of person too! If there were parents like this, it would be better to not have any.

"Don't think randomly."

Her hair was suddenly messed up. Shen Tang took Gu Huaian's hand away, "My hairstyle!"

"It looks good like this too."

Shen Tang looked in the rearview mirror, "I was fooled by you!"

To put it in a high EQ way, it has a kind of messy beauty.

Low EQ is: bird's nest.

She didn't notice that after being distracted like this, she had already forgotten what she was thinking about earlier.

Returning to the villa, Tao Sister was curled up on the sofa playing with her phone, completely engrossed, and didn't even hear them come back.

Shen Tang quietly walked over and took a peek. Good stuff, Tao Sister was arguing with her anti-fans.

"Why don't you use that app?"

Tao Sister was so frightened by this sudden voice that she shuddered, "Oh my god, Madam you are back."

Shen Tang nodded, pointing at the phone screen and asked: "Why are you still going down there yourself? Don't get angry."

"Don't worry, they can't scold me. The server for that app is being upgraded and can only be used tomorrow."

Shen Tang took a look at Tao Sister's comments. Hmm, how to put it, not a single dirty word, can be called the ancestor master of sarcasm.

"Amazing!"

"Of course, don't underestimate me."

Shen Tang also noticed that Tao Sister added a WeChat fan group, which seemed to be newly created by her big fan.

"What's this group?"

Tao Sister hemmed and hawed, and did not answer directly.

Shen Tang was even more curious. "Add me in."

Tao Sister was somewhat hesitant, "I can't decide this. I have to ask the admin..."

"Then ask now."

Shen Tang watched as Tao Sister finished asking, and the reply from the other side was: No.

Shen Tang: "......"

Is this really her fan?

"Why can't I join the group?"

The other party replied: Idols, please stay away from fans' lives.

Shen Tang: "......"

Tao Sister: "......"

Seeing this scene, Gu Huaian almost laughed out loud. Seeing Shen Tang deflated, he felt inexplicably happy for some reason.

Shen Tang frowned, "Tao Sister, give me her WeChat, I want to talk to her."

"You...don't be impulsive..." Tao Sister was a little afraid that the two would argue.

She wouldn't know who to help at that time.

After all, this admin was a true fan who was preparing Shen Tang's birthday present. They had chatted a bit before, and Tao Sister felt very surprised.

Speaking of which, there didn't seem to be many days until Shen Tang's birthday either.

"Don't worry, I'm a rational person."

Tao Sister believed it.

Tao Sister handed over her WeChat.

When Shen Tang added her as a friend, she remarked "I am Shen Tang" in big letters.

As a result, she was rejected without even a reason for rejection.

Shen Tang couldn't accept it and applied again, and was rejected again.

She continued to apply, continued to be rejected.

Apply... Reject...

It was as if the two were at odds.

Shen Tang felt they were a bit childish.

Annoyed and tired.

Shen Tang was going to apply one last time. She changed the application content: If you don't accept me, I'll cry for you to see!

Then she was rejected again.

Shen Tang: "......"

This must be a black fan! How could her fans possibly treat her like this?

Before long, the other party actually sent a friend request with a message: Should I cry now? Or wait a while?

Shen Tang: "......"

Do you think I'm the kind of woman who gets whatever she wants?

Do you think that just because you applied, I would accept?

Shen Tang sneered and firmly tapped Agree.

She wanted to see what was going on with this fan, whether she was an undercover agent.

So she specifically changed a remark—Suspected Black Fan.

Gu Huaian, who had heard her inner thoughts loud and clear, couldn't help grinning.

It was just too silly to watch, Shen Tang where's your backbone?

Shen Tang said, what is backbone? Can you eat it?

After agreeing, the other party asked: Cry now?

Shen Tang didn't reply. She first carefully examined some of her WeChat data, including avatar, nickname, signature, moments. All were lovely pink series, and what she shared were all kinds of delicacies, seemingly a girl.

Wait, was this a selfie—

Shen Tang clicked in and saw a great beauty. Her skin was as white as snow, her lips as red as blood, her hair as black as ebony.

She was right, she cosplayed Snow White.

Shen Tang felt her heart strings being tugged instantly. What could be wrong with a beauty? It must be her who was wrong.

Seeing Shen Tang not replying, the other party chased to ask:

[Suspected Black Fan: Where did you go? Ran away?]

[Suspected Black Fan: You can't be fake Shen Tang, can you?]

[Suspected Black Fan: Even if you're fake, you still have to cry for me to see!]

Shen Tang: "......"

She found a screenshot of herself crying from one of her crying scenes and sent it over.

[Infatuated Macaque: Here's the crying photo you wanted, no need to thank me]

[Suspected Black Fan: Liar! Great crying .jpg]

Shen Tang strangely felt a little guilty. She looked closely and indeed did not say live shot earlier. It didn't seem to count as deception either.

The other party sent an audio. Shen Tang clicked to play it and a coarse voice echoed in the living room—

"Shen Tang! You big liar!"

Shen Tang: "......"

She blinked blankly, "No."

"What no?"

"Gender is wrong."

Everything was pink, how could it be a boy, and so coarse too?

Tao Sister scratched her head, "He was always a boy, and also, burly men and pink, simply a perfect match!"

Shen Tang nodded slowly after a pause, "You're right..."

It was her who had preconceptions. Who said boys can't like pink?

She slowly turned her head and looked at Gu Huaian.

Gu Huaian suddenly felt a chill down his back, "I still have things to do, I'll just— "

"Wait!"

Before Shen Tang finished speaking, Gu Huaian was already leaving as if he hadn't heard anything.

Hateful!

However, since this fan wasn't a girl, Shen Tang had no need to forgive him. So she reopened what she had let go just earlier.

[Infatuated Macaque: Why didn't you agree to be my friend earlier?]

[Infatuated Macaque: You're not my black fan, are you?]

[Suspected Black Fan: How do you know!]

The message was sent out then quickly withdrawn, unfortunately Shen Tang saw it already. It was confirmed, a black fan after all.

[Suspected Black Fan: You can insult my taste, but cannot insult my personality!]

Shen Tang: Hehe ^_^

Chapter 87

Shen Tang closed her phone and asked Tao Sister, "This person is a hater. What did you say he was organizing in the group chat?"

Tao Sister looked completely confused: "Huh?"

"No, Little Rui is not a hater."

Shen Tang stroked her chin. Since even Little Rui was brought up, it looked like they must have chatted for a while.

She took the opportunity to ask, "So tell me, what was the purpose of him creating that group?"

Tao Sister started mumbling again, unable to give a clear answer.

Shen Tang was a little worried that Tao Sister was being deceived. After all, even if he was a hater, he wouldn't be able to make too many waves since there were laws to restrict them.

"Forget it, if you don't want to say, then don't say anymore."

Just after she finished speaking, Tao Sister immediately smiled. "Then I won't say."

Shen Tang: "..."

"Just don't let yourself get deceived. Nowadays there are all kinds of crazy scam methods online. Who knows, there might be scammers pretending to be my fans, pulling you into groups and asking you for money."

"That won't happen. Little Rui isn't that kind of person. He even sends us money!"

Shen Tang: "..."

"There's even something that good happening?" Hearing that made her want to join the group even more.

"Yeah, he's your fan. When we go fight the haters, he gives us red packets!"

Shen Tang was a little shocked. "Ha? He really is my fan?"

"Yeah, I already said he's your fan. How could I trick you?" Tao Sister rolled her eyes, but still looked cute doing it.

Shen Tang laughed embarrassedly a couple times.

"Okay, I misunderstood..."

But she couldn't fully blame herself either. That fan was just too strange, first sending that kind of message earlier, it was hard not to misunderstand.

Wait a minute, could he be a converted hater? After all, there were quite a lot of fans like that too.

"Do you know his Weibo ID?"

"I know," Tao Sister said warningly, "But it's useless if you ask me, I won't tell you for now."

Shen Tang sighed. Tao Sister was too vigilant.

"Alright alright, I won't ask anymore. Oh right, this is food that Lan Sister gave me. Try some."

"That Lan girl? It's been a while since she came around."

"Tao Sister, you know Lan Sister too?" Shen Tang tilted her head to ask.

Come to think of it, it was normal they knew each other. After all, Gu Huai'an and Lan Sister were friends, although it seemed they didn't really like each other.

"I know her. That girl has a bitter fate." Tao Sister didn't say any more, but picked up a small cake to take a bite.

"Hmm, looks like that girl's skills have gotten even better."

Shen Tang also took a big bite. "So yummy, so yummy~"

She had originally wanted to give some to her friends to try too, but looking down, it seemed she didn't have too many left herself. Then maybe...she wouldn't share.

Wait until next time, hehe.

In just a moment, Shen Tang had already convinced herself.

She also wondered if Lan Sister needed introductions to any high-end clients. She could help introduce some.

Oh right, she almost forgot to let Lan Sister know she was doing well.

She sent a WeChat message over, but Lan Sister didn't reply.

Looking at the time, Shen Tang guessed that she was probably with her girlfriend.

Since the miraculous event of her entering this book world happened, then that meant miracles existed. She prayed in her heart for Lan Sister's girlfriend to get better soon!

Time passed quickly. Shen Tang had to get to the filming location again.

Because of the distance, Shen Tang didn't have Yuan Yuan come pick her up. Instead the two would meet directly at the filming location.

Just as she arrived at the entrance to the filming location, she saw the Director smiling while holding a thermal flask and sitting at the entrance.

Shen Tang greeted him, and the Director nodded with a smile. He looked left and right, and seeing no one was paying attention, quickly pulled Shen Tang aside. "Have you heard?"

"Heard what?" Shen Tang was extremely excited. Was there gossip again??

"I heard the fifth male lead started seeing the investor!"

"They're dating?"

"That's right!" The Director's small eyes blinked nonstop. "That man has prospects. He knows to cozy up to a rich and beautiful woman to cling to her coattails to swiftly advance his career!"

Shen Tang supplemented, "Then give her a kick!"

The Director stroked his head. "Uh... maybe not. The Qi family business is huge. Unless he wants to die, he wouldn't do that."

"The Qi family?" Wait a minute, wasn't the investor from the Qi family? Then wasn't this woman with the golden thighs Qi Yue?

Wow, she had accidentally gotten gossip about her own sister.

Wait a minute, what sister doesn't say anything when she starts dating?

She unilaterally declared their friendship over.

Remembering Qi Yue had said she was also coming today, Shen Tang had Yuan Yuan help bring her luggage in, while she herself stood guard at the entrance.

Humph, she was going to get an explanation.

Not long after, Qi Yue's car arrived as well.

Just as Shen Tang went to greet her, she saw a man get out of the car.

He was rather handsome, also tall, but Shen Tang strangely disliked him for some reason, feeling he seemed rather greasy and pretentious.

Seeing the man carefully helping Qi Yue out of the car, Shen Tang said sarcastically, "Oh, if you didn't know better, you'd think some old rich guy was coming. What, after not seeing each other for a while, now you can't even get out of a car yourself?"

Qi Yue felt this was inexplicable.

"Eating gunpowder so early in the morning? That's a strong smell of explosives."

"I just discovered--"

"Discovered what?" Qi Yue took the man's arm. "Let me introduce you. This is my nephew, Tang Shuqing."

"Not the fif--nephew? He's your nephew?"

Shen Tang blinked in shock, looking at Tang Shuqing, then at Qi Yue. Looking closely, it did seem they resembled each other a little.

She quickly turned to look at the Director, only to see him looking everywhere except at her, clearly looking very guilty.

Wow, she had taken a bite of fake gossip first thing in the morning!

Shen Tang was a little embarrassed. "Uh...pleased to meet you, big nephew..."

Now looking again, where was any greasiness or pretentiousness?

*Cough* He was clearly an elegant talent.

Tang Shuqing gave a faint smile. "Hello, big sister Shen Tang."

"Hello, big nephew, hello. Um...I didn't prepare any greeting gift, so have this lollipop."

Shen Tang took out a lollipop from her pocket and handed it over.

Tang Shuqing didn't disdain it and smiled as he accepted it.

Qi Yue raised her eyebrows. "Why aren't you making sarcastic comments anymore?"

Shen Tang embarrassedly grabbed her arm. "Misunderstanding, all misunderstandings, it's all his fault!"

Shen Tang mercilessly sold out the Director.

As an investor, Qi Yue was quite familiar with the Director and knew what kind of person he was.

"Just listen to what he says and take it with a grain of salt. Eight out of ten things he says are fake."

Shen Tang nodded. Fake gossip was harmful!

She looked at the Director. "Hurry up and honestly explain, where exactly did you hear this news from?"

No smoke without fire. Someone must have said it first for the rumor to have spread. She just didn't know who had such a loose tongue.

Qi Yue was also extremely curious. "Yes, who was the one speaking nonsense? How will I be able to find a boyfriend like this?"

The Director laughed drily. "Uh...I don't know who said it either. I just saw a line online..."

Shen Tang: "..."

"And you actually believed it?"

There wasn't even any evidence. Wasn't this just random slander?

The Director smiled awkwardly and didn't offer any explanations.

Qi Yue's eyes narrowed. "Not right."

"What's not right?"

"You wouldn't have believed it just from a random line online. Hurry and honestly explain, exactly where did you hear it from!"

Chapter 88

When Director saw that he couldn't get away with it, he sighed and said, "Fine, I'll tell you. I actually saw it in a group chat, and I also saw photos of you two there. As for what group and who said it, don't ask, I can't say."

Qi Yue pouted her lips. "Even if you don't tell me, I can find out. It must be someone from the crew."

The director neither confirmed nor denied it, he just rubbed his nose and said, "I still have things to do, so I'll get going first."

"Hey, wait a minute!" Hearing Qi Yue's voice, the director started jogging away directly. His speed was quite fast, with all the fat on his body jiggling.

Qi Yue: "..."

"I just wanted to remind him that his pants were ripped..."

Shen Tang also noticed it. There was a hole ripped open on the butt. She coughed and said, "Don't worry, others will remind him if they see it too."

In the end, the director was still wearing those tight pants at the crew dinner that night.

Had he fixed it?

Shen Tang was taken aback for a moment. She deliberately circled around to the back of the director to take a look. Hmm, his pants were still ripped.

The director looked back. "What are you suddenly coming over here for?"

Shen Tang didn't know whether to speak up about it or not. After an entire day, those who should see it would have already seen it.

She covered her mouth and softly reminded him: "Your pants are ruined."

"What?"

"I said your pants are ruined!"

At that moment, the music abruptly stopped, making Shen Tang's words very conspicuous. Everyone around looked over at once, checking out the director's butt.

Director: "..."

Shen Tang took a step back with an innocent look on her face. It wasn't her fault, how could she have known the music would suddenly stop like that?

After all, the director had seen his fair share of things in the industry. He waved his hand unconcernedly, "It's fine, let's continue eating."

In any case, it had been seen by everyone over the course of the day already, so what was a few more minutes?

This truly illustrated the saying, being open-minded is a virtue. He never agonizes over himself internally.

Just like now, the director was not embarrassed, yet everyone else felt embarrassed instead.

Sure enough, what that saying pointed out was right - as long as I'm not embarrassed, the embarrassment lies with others.

Shen Tang went back to her seat. Qi Yue peeled a shrimp and passed it to her. "Not bad."

Shen Tang exaggerated the tone of her voice. "Oh my, this is a shrimp personally peeled by the young miss. This slave will take it back and worship it as an offering."

Qi Yue rolled her eyes. "Tone down your exaggerated acting. Otherwise, I'm afraid others may say you got in through the back door."

"Pfft!"

No one knew who laughed first, but everyone burst out laughing together.

Only one person did not blend in with the others - Hou Jingjing, who played the second female lead. She had a mocking smile on her face, even brazenly rolling her eyes.

Her actions were so conspicuous that Shen Tang couldn't help looking over.

Hou Jingjing raised her head and glanced over with a sneer.

Shen Tang blinked blankly, wondering if she had offended her somehow?

"May I ask if you..."

Hou Jingjing put down her utensils and dabbed her mouth with a napkin. "Didn't anyone teach you the custom of no talking while eating?"

Although she didn't address anyone specifically, everyone knew she was referring to Shen Tang.

However, everyone felt they were being scolded too.

Shen Tang made a sound of surprise. "You're asking me this right in front of everyone. Are you trying to deliberately embarrass me publicly?"

Qi Yue pretended to cover her mouth unintentionally, recounting all of life's sad stories in her mind to stop herself from laughing out loud.

The cowardly group takes a big loss.

It seemed like Hou Jingjing had never encountered anyone like Shen Tang before. She was at a temporary loss for words.

Stuttering, she said, "I, I..."

She did intend to embarrass her, but who would ask so directly?

"Have I offended you somehow?" Shen Tang asked earnestly. She really wanted to know the answer.

Hou Jingjing's eyes instantly turned red. "Don't you know clearly yourself what you've done?!"

After saying that, she ran off.

Shen Tang was even more confused now. What had she done to her?

Hou Jingjing's behavior did dampen the mood quite a bit. Everyone else didn't know whether they should continue joking around or leave early. They all looked towards the director.

"Everyone keep going. I'll go take a look at little Hou." It would be a good chance to change into another pair of pants, the director thought.

Shen Tang felt a little awkward and quietly asked Qi Yue: "Should I not have said that line?"

Qi Yue gave a cold laugh. "The one who flirts first is cheap. She was the one who criticized you first. Your counterattack was not wrong. She got embarrassed because she couldn't retort back, that's why she ran back to her room."

Although Shen Tang knew this rationale, she still couldn't help but wonder if she had gone a little overboard.

After all, it looked like the other party had cried.

Although Hou Jingjing was only playing the second female lead, she wasn't well-known. Come to think of it, this may have been her first time acting as the second female lead.

Of course, Shen Tang didn't mean anything else by that. After all, she also hadn't played many second female lead roles herself. It's said that every set inevitably has its own share of tears and laughter.

"Forget it, I won't think about it anymore. Let's eat!"

Today was considered the opening feast. It was the last relaxed and happy meal before the hard work started tomorrow.

According to what Pei Kesong said, this director had strict requirements. He would keep making people reshoot scenes again and again if he was not satisfied, and his scoldings spared no one, until he was pleased with the result.

Of course, Shen Tang had not yet witnessed any of that from the director so far.

She sidled up to Qi Yue and asked softly: "How come your brother and Lin Mianmian aren't here today?"

Qi Yue's expression was somewhat complicated. "Don't mention that guy to me. He's nothing but a kiss-up."

Shen Tang did not give any opinions regarding this statement.

"What a kiss-up. In the end, he didn't get anything at all from it," Qi Yue sighed.

"Well, you never know..."

Maybe the female lead would fall into Qi Jue's hands in the end?

Hmm, somehow it felt like there was some innuendo in that sentence?

Time passed quickly. After official shooting started, Shen Tang finally understood why Pei Kesong would say what she did.

She watched with her own eyes as Hou Jingjing was scolded to tears by the director, then ran off.

This time, the director did not chase after her. He only said, "If you can act then act, if you can't then get lost."

Not long after, Hou Jingjing was led back by an assistant, her eyes red from crying, to continue filming.

Shen Tang was shocked. She quietly complained: "How can one person have such vastly different sides to them?"

Yuan Yuan thought she was afraid, and comforted her, "Don't be scared Sister Tangtang, your acting is very good, you won't get scolded too many times."

Shen Tang's lips moved. "I appreciate your words, but can I just not get scolded at all?"

Yuan Yuan had a forced smile on her face.

Shen Tang: "..."

"Forget it, stop talking."

No point in humiliating herself further. After all, she had heard that even top actors have been scolded by the director before.

Lin Mianmian's acting was quite remarkable, befitting of the female lead in the book.

This also resulted in standout performances from Shen Tang in their shared scenes. Usually they could nail scenes in one take.

They finished several scenes in one go each time. The director praised, "Not bad."

To be frank, Shen Tang didn't feel those two words held any significance. Yet some people didn't see it that way.

Hou Jingjing looked over with puffed up anger, like an enraged blowfish.

Shen Tang gave her a smile.

Hou Jingjing was outraged. She said to her assistant, "Did you see that? She was actually mocking me!"

The little assistant hesitated. "It looked like she just smiled normally..."

"Are you my assistant or hers? Why are you even speaking up for her?!"

"Of course I'm yours." The little assistant revealed a bitter smile. What a temper on this master...

Chapter 89

Hou Jingjing was like a spoiled child, who got angry very easily.

Shen Tang felt that those who openly showed their emotions were not as scary as those who schemed behind one's back.

Still, Shen Tang wanted to know why Hou Jingjing disliked her so much.

That day, after Shen Tang finished shooting her scenes early, she happened to see Hou Jingjing sitting on a flower bed with red-rimmed eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"None of your business!"

Shen Tang didn't want to bother with someone who clearly didn't like her. She simply said "Oh" and walked away.

Seeing that, Hou Jingjing got even angrier. "Hey! You're just going to leave like that?"

Shen Tang shrugged. "What else?"

"Aren't you even worried that something might happen to me?" Hou Jingjing challenged.

Shen Tang replied earnestly: "No, I'm not worried. After all, good people don't live long, while troublemakers plague the world for thousands of years."

Hou Jingjing: "..."

She shouldn't have asked! Ever since joining this crew, she had never won an argument against Shen Tang. This woman was vicious!

Hou Jingjing sniffed. "Don't you even want to know why I dislike you so much?"

To be honest, Shen Tang had been very curious about this in the beginning, but could never find the reason no matter how hard she tried.

Now, she didn't really care anymore.

So Shen Tang shook her head.

This angered Hou Jingjing even more. She shot up from the flower bed. "I don't care if you want to know or not, I'm going to tell you anyway!"

"The reason why I oppose you is because you--Ah!" Noticing the curiosity flashing in Shen Tang's eyes, Hou Jingjing hurriedly shut her mouth. "Damn, you almost tricked me!"

Shen Tang sighed, making a tiny gap between her thumb and index finger. "What a pity, just missed it by this much..."

"Humph! You sly, crafty woman. Fortunately I'm smart." Hou Jingjing looked pleased with herself.

Shen Tang exclaimed, "Wrongfully accused! This is a huge misunderstanding! I'm a perfectly law-abiding citizen!"

Just then, there was a loud "bang" next to them.

Hou Jingjing turned to look, but Shen Tang covered her eyes. "Don't look."

"I want to see! What happened?" Hou Jingjing struggled to remove Shen Tang's hand, but Shen Tang was too strong.

Shen Tang's voice trembled slightly. "Someone died..."

Hou Jingjing instantly fell silent.

She guessed someone must have fallen to their death right in front of them. Her mind involuntarily began to imagine all kinds of gruesome scenes. Hou Jingjing swallowed hard and asked, "Who is it?"

"Don't know them."

The body had landed face down. The impact was so brutal that even if Shen Tang had recognized the person, they would be unidentifiable now.

Shen Tang shakily dialed 120 [Chinese emergency number] and the police. But it seemed the person was already dead, as there was no response at all.

To be honest, Shen Tang was terrified. A living, breathing person had just crashed down right next to them. Some of the...stuff...had even sprayed onto their clothes.

Unable to hold it in, Shen Tang dry heaved.

Feeling somewhat worried, Hou Jingjing tugged at the corner of Shen Tang's clothes. "Are...are you okay...?"

"Ugh, I'm fine..." Shen Tang gagged.

The area was too remote. It wasn't until the police cars arrived that people from the crew realized something had happened here.

When Hou Jingjing's assistant rushed over, she was so frightened she almost burst into tears. Still, she bravely came to bring Hou Jingjing back.

"Jingjing, let's go back first..."

But Hou Jingjing shook her head. "I'm not leaving..."

The assistant frowned helplessly. "But your clothes are dirty..."

Dirty clothes...?

Realizing what that meant, Hou Jingjing let out a blood-curdling shriek.

Shen Tang instantly grabbed her mouth, cutting off the scream.

"Be good, go back and change your clothes, take a shower, don't think about anything, just get some good rest."

Hou Jingjing tugged anxiously at Shen Tang's sleeve, her voice unconsciously clinging. "What about you?"

"I'll stay here a bit longer. You go first..."

Hou Jingjing had obediently avoided looking at the area marked by the yellow police line, although with so many people around, there wasn't much to see anyway.

She kept looking back worriedly as she left. Her assistant couldn't help wondering if she was possessed, since Hou Jingjing normally did nothing but grumble about Shen Tang behind her back.

Before long, more and more onlookers gathered, including passersby and those who came specifically to gawk at the spectacle. They would take a peek and then recoil in fear, gossiping about the deceased.

Unable to stand their stares, Shen Tang withdrew to sit on a nearby flower bed after answering the routine police questioning.

She was still struggling to process what had happened. She had seen dead bodies before, but never one so horrifically mangled. Her legs felt weak.

"How could it be her?!" The speaker sounded shocked.

"Who was she?"

Hearing the voices, the person jumped in fright before turning to see it was Shen Tang. He quickly explained, "She was a makeup stylist, always so cheerful. How could she have jumped to her death...?"

Shen Tang nodded. "Who said it was suicide?"

The police hadn't even announced anything. How could people make assumptions like that?

The girl suddenly looked nervous. "I...I guessed. If it wasn't suicide, then she must have been murdered, right?"

"You sure know how to guess..." Shen Tang closed in and said softly, "Take another guess - why did she commit suicide then?"

The girl stammered, "I...I don't know..."

"It's too early to draw conclusions now. What if she really was murdered?!"

The girl took a frightened step back.

Shen Tang's expression returned to normal. "Of course, I'm just making wild guesses too."

The girl smiled awkwardly. "I don't know what you're talking about. I need to get back to work." And she hurried off.

"Wait, what's your name?" Shen Tang asked.

The girl hesitated briefly before answering. "I'm Li Xiumei."

Shen Tang watched Li Xiumei walk away with an intense stare.

It was obvious at first listen that Li Xiumei was a fake name. Shen Tang didn't even need to guess.

She admitted that she had deliberately intimidated the girl.

She didn't know why, but she had a sixth sense that something was off about her.

Shen Tang hoped it was just her overthinking things.

Because of the incident, everyone went back early to rest that day.

The weather had also turned gloomy, and it began pouring heavily before long.

Shen Tang and Yuan Yuan shared a small suite. The two curled up on the sofa, too disturbed to do anything.

The rain dripped steadily outside. As night deepened, neither felt like sleeping yet.

"Sister Tang, how do you think she..." Yuan Yuan began.

Shen Tang's ears twitched and she quickly shushed the girl. She leaned sideways, straining to listen. There seemed to be faint rustling sounds coming from outside.

With a death having just occurred right downstairs, Yuan Yuan was petrified with fear. Clutching a pillow tightly, she didn't dare utter another word.

Shen Tang tiptoed on bare feet to the door and pressed her ear against it. Indeed, there were sounds outside - footsteps, pacing by, then coming back, finally stopping right outside their door.

Shortly after, they could hear the lock being tampered with.

Having heard this too, Yuan Yuan was dumbstruck with shock. Recalling the jumper from before, her mind leapt to the worst possibilities.

Could it be the murderer coming for them? Would they meet the same cruel end?

Tears instantly pooled in Yuan Yuan's eyes. "Sister Tang..." she whimpered.

Shen Tang had already swiftly sent a distress message to the police. She shot Yuan Yuan a look and mouthed, "Yuan Yuan, do you trust me?"

Remembering Sister Tang's previous mystical encounters, Yuan Yuan nodded. "I trust you!"

"Good. Quietly go lock yourself in the bedroom now."

But Yuan Yuan shook her head adamantly. "No, what about you then?"

Shen Tang said solemnly, "If you stay, I'll be distracted worrying about you."

Still, Yuan Yuan couldn't bring herself to abandon Sister Tang alone against an intruder, even knowing she would be a liability.

By now the person outside was clearly growing impatient, working at the lock with louder sounds, seemingly unconcerned about the noise they were making, emboldened by the rain and late hour.

Shen Tang urged again, "Have you forgotten how strong I am? Go, quickly!"

Chapter 90

Yuan Yuan ended up crying as she hid in the bedroom.

Shen Tang sighed, she wasn't great enough to sacrifice herself to save others, but this was the best method for now.

Shen Tang's brain spun rapidly, the people outside didn't seem random, but more like they were here for her.

Shen Tang held a fruit knife and stood at the door.

The movement outside soon quieted down, and Shen Tang waited for a while without any sound.

Suddenly, a scream came from outside.

That voice--

It was Hou Jingjing's!

Shen Tang swiftly opened the door and went out, only to see Hou Jingjing lying on the ground unconscious, the hallway empty of people.

She ran over, and just as she was about to squat down, she suddenly noticed an extra shadow on the ground.

Shen Tang rolled to dodge, and saw a figure wrapped up in black clothes stab towards her with a knife.

Shen Tang used all her strength to kick, and the person slammed into the wall, letting out a muffled groan of pain.

The person still wanted to continue, but the police siren sounded from downstairs, and he turned to run away.

Shen Tang chased him for two steps, worried about the fainted Hou Jingjing on the ground, and retreated back.

Hou Jingjing's abdomen was a bloody mess, having bled a lot. Shen Tang didn't dare move her, and hurriedly called 120.

Noisy footsteps sounded, and the surrounding guests only opened their doors now.

"Oh my god, the wound is so serious..."

"Quick, call 120!"

"Why is she still unconscious, could she be-- "

"Don't speak nonsense!"

The surrounding people's whispers made Shen Tang's head hurt.

"Shut up!"

The surroundings instantly turned silent.

Shen Tang didn't care what others thought of her, she just stared at the pool of red, knowing that her head was about to explode.

Soon the police and doctors arrived, and the surroundings descended into chaos. It was as if Shen Tang was drifting outside of the crowds, even when Qi Yue called her it was like she couldn't hear any sounds.

A bout of dizziness overcame her, and she completely lost consciousness.

When she next woke up, she was in the hospital.

Shen Tang discovered that recently she had been hospitalized so many times. She had just gotten out not long ago and now she was admitted again.

Practice makes perfect, now when she went to the hospital, it was like going home, very comfortable.

Shen Tang tilted her head to look, Gu Huaian was currently sitting on the sofa handling work.

She suddenly felt a little guilty.

"Awake?"

Shen Tang stared wide-eyed in surprise, he didn't even lift his head how did he know she was awake?

Shen Tang closed her eyes, pretending to still be asleep.

"If you're awake let's go, the doctor said you're fine, just shocked."

Shen Tang still didn't respond.

As a result, Gu Huaian directly came over and flipped her blanket open.

Shen Tang frowned, "How can you flip a girl's blanket open!"

Right after she finished speaking, the blanket was covered back up.

"Sorry, I've covered you back up."

Shen Tang: "......"

She looked at the clothes she was wearing, still the pajamas from last night. It looks like she could directly leave without needing to change.

"How did I end up at the hospital?"

"Miss Qi sent you here."

"How is Yuan Yuan?"

Gu Huaian was stunned for a moment, "Is that the girl with the round face? She saw you faint and cried so hard she couldn't breathe, I had someone send her back."

"Then...how is Hou Jingjing?"

"Not too serious, just some external stitches. "

"I want to go see her..."

After all, Hou Jingjing getting injured was more or less related to her. Although Shen Tang still didn't know who she had offended again.

Gu Huaian's expression was a bit strange, but Shen Tang didn't think much of it.

"Oh right, did they catch the assailant from last night?"

"No, he ran very quickly. But heaven's net is wide, though its meshes are coarse. He can't hide for long." A flash of coldness appeared in Gu Huaian's eyes.

Those who dare to hurt his people have to be prepared to face retaliation.

He wasn't a good guy, or he would have been viciously disposed of long ago.

Shen Tang suddenly felt a chill. She pulled her clothes tighter.

Hou Jingjing was staying downstairs. Shen Tang was originally surprised why she was staying so far. As soon as she went downstairs she understood why.

She could hear Hou Jingjing's screaming cries from a long distance away.

"Wah...it hurts so much...I want painkillers! Painkillers!"

"Where is the doctor? Why aren't they here yet!"

"Ahhhhh I'm going to die from pain!"

"Mom...wah...I want to go home..."

How to put it, it sounded miserable, and creepy too.

Luckily this was a high-end private hospital without too many patients, or else she would have disturbed others.

Shen Tang noticed the expressionless yet hardworking nurses, and gave them a silent thumbs up in her heart. So professional, not affected by external influences.

When Shen Tang arrived at the door of the hospital room, she gently knocked.

The cries in the room stopped for a moment before continuing.

Shen Tang picked at her ears. The door wasn't closed so of course the sound was so loud.

She directly pushed the door open and entered.

Hou Jingjing currently had her eyes closed as she wailed at the top of her lungs. Not a single teardrop could be seen, but her face was ghastly pale.

"Feeling better?"

Upon hearing Shen Tang's voice, the wailing immediately ceased.

Hou Jingjing smoothed her hair, awkwardly saying: "You, why did you come?"

"Came to see you. Does your wound still hurt?"

Upon hearing this, Hou Jingjing immediately pouted. "It hurts so bad..."

"I'm sorry, because of me you got dragged into this..."

Hou Jingjing stared with wide eyes in shock, "What nonsense are you saying? What does this have to do with you?"

"The person who came was probably looking for me..." Although just conjecture, Shen Tang felt the probability was very big.

Now when she thought about it, perhaps it had to do with her loose lips that afternoon.

Was the person looking for her the murderer who killed that girl?

"Shen Tang you seem a bit different like this."

Shen Tang smiled wryly, "What should I be like then?"

"Shouldn't you be sassing heaven, earth, and air?" I got dissed by you so many times before."

"It's different this time..."

"There's no difference at all. I chose to go out myself, just unlucky to run into bad people. What does it have to do with you? Ow, don't think anymore. You're making an injured person comfort you instead, really..." At the start Hou Jingjing was still a little awkward, but upon seeing Shen Tang like this she completely discarded those feelings.

In just one day, the relationship between the two improved visibly.

The little assistant went from initial disbelief, to now "whatever", "do what you want", "I don't care".

Shen Tang also recalled the previous incident, and hurriedly asked: "Can you tell me now why you were targeting me before?"

Hou Jingjing: "....."

"What, you still remember that thing?"

"Of course. If you don't explain I won't be able to eat or sleep properly. I'll--"

"Get fat!" Hou Jingjing supplemented.

Shen Tang: "....."

She hadn't gotten fat!

She had just become more solid!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

The Sacrifices We Made writerkemmy

Любовные романы

48.1K 2.6K 43
After a divorce with your husband the last thing you want on your list is seeing him again 6,000 miles away from home. But Xiao Zhan knows better he...
MY YOU | INDO KOREAN KTH FF ARMY GIRL:)

Подростковая литература

5.8K 198 22
An innocent girl broken by the past events goes to South Korea to be with her long distance boyfriend but gets cheated by him. Ashika went to South K...
105K 1.3K 43
🌹Not my story for Offline purpose only 🌹 Author: Yue Banding Category: Time Travel and Rebirth Novels Status: Completed Recommended: 0 Update: 2022...
250K 4.3K 57
Author: Song Qianyan Classification: Rebirth Through Status: Completed People in Songjiazhuang have been spreading rumors recently that Song Ruyi com...