Between Lies and Hatred [Jenl...

averyclein_

[GP] Lisa Manoban, a renowned second child of Manoban Family. She became successful on her own and establishe... Еще

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7
PART 8
PART 9
PART 10
PART 11
PART 12
PART 13
PART 14
PART 15
PART 16
PART 18 (M)
PART 19
PART 20
PART 21
PART 22
PART 23
PART 24
PART 25 (M)
PART 26 (M)
PART 27 (M)
PART 28
PART 29
PART 30
PART 31 (M)
PART 32
PART 33
PART 34
PART 35
PART 36
PART 37 (M)
PART 38
PART 39
PART 40 (M)
PART 41
PART 42
PART 43
PART 44
PART 45
PART 46

PART 17

2.4K 53 5
averyclein_

LISA'S POV

The sound of my alarm clock continues to ring in my ears, compelling me to get up despite the fact that I'm still too lethargic to stand. I dragged myself up and dashed into my bathroom to take a bath. I need cold water to awaken my senses. I have a lot of work to accomplish, and I shouldn't squander time. The clock is ticking, and our adversaries are still out there, committing unlawful and criminal activities.

After putting on my suit and my watch, I grabbed my file bag and car key. I don't normally have breakfast before going to work. One cup of coffee should be sufficient. But as soon as I opened the door, I could hear utensils snapping and food frying in our kitchen. As I went down down the stairs, I could smell the aroma of whatever cuisine it was. My smile flashed as soon as I saw Jennie's back, already dressed in her office outfit.

"You're early." I simply uttered and sat down on the stool of our countertop.

"Of course. I'm the CEO. I should be early for them to follow." Jennie answered while preparing the coffee.

"I don't usually eat breakfast before going to work, but since it was you who prepared this, I'll disregard that routine." I smiled and placed my bag in the vacant stool.

"You should be. I gave time just for this. But even so, you still need to eat. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Jennie muttered and handed me the coffee.

"You're just like my mother." I chuckled and sipped on it. Jennie placed the food she cooked, consisting of scrambled eggs, bacons, hotdogs, and 2 bread toast with butter.

"This is too much." I said while staring at my plate.

"No, that's just enough to fill your stomach." Jennie still insisted and sat in front of me after settling everything.

"Anyway, you don't need to drop me off. I need my car, I have an important meeting to attend to." Jennie added while eating her bread toast.

"Okay then. But, you're going home tonight, right?" I asked her, and she nodded.

"Just call me whenever you need something. And remember Attorney Park's instructions. Okay?" I told her.

"Yes, no worries." Jennie answered back.

After having our meal, we double-checked everything, and I told our guards to keep an eye on the mansion. Jennie headed directly to her firm. As for me, I went first to the prison, where the gang leader is being detained. Elder Taeyang and Mino are already waiting for me. We need to check on the agent we deployed inside to obtain information. I hope he gathers some. We urgently need leads.

"Agent Bobby. How are you inside?" I asked first before asking about some information. Of course, we need to know if he's fine and going well inside. He's our agent and our responsibility.

"I'm good, chief. No one dares to bully me inside. I think they got terrified when I knocked a guy down who attempted to get all my things." He slightly chuckled, and we also followed.

"Good to know then." I scanned around us before talking again.

"So, got any information about the gang leader?" I asked lowly.

"His name is Lee Seungri. He has the highest position and control in different gang organisations. And on what I heard, he has connections outside, rich people since they always give him whatever he wants." He stated and lowered his head.

"He knows the inside transactions of Manoban Corporation. I eavesdrop on his call last night, I think, an employee to your corporation since I heard him talking about you, the new CEO. Once I find out the name of that person he was talking to, then that would be our lead. But it's kinda hard to go near him. He has protection." He talked while looking around. I furrowed my eyes when he said the last statement.

"Protection? Special treatment?" I asked him, and he nodded.

"I'll talk to the warden about this." Elder Mino uttered.

"Just do what you can to go near him or even be friends with him. We need him." I told Bobby.

"Try visiting me every Wednesday and Saturday. Someone is visiting him that particular day. You can follow that person once you see his face." Bobby added.

"We'll do. Thank you, Bobby. We'll visit you again, just make sure to take care of yourself inside." I instructed before I stood up.

After our talk, we bid goodbye to him and decided to have a talk inside my car.

"That could only mean one thing. The killer is inside the firm." Elder Taeyang was the first one to talk. I stayed silent for a while. So, the people behind my father's death were pretending to work in my firm and my father's company. They really planned this very well. I'm catching killers inside my two companies.

So, the extraction of my weaponry. Is this one of the inside schemes that Attorney Park was referring to? Has the exporting been done for these past months? I still don't get it, and I don't see why I have to marry someone if this is the only reason.

"Elder Mino, Elder Taeyang. Can you handle this in the meantime? I have an urgent errand to do." I asked them.

"Sure. We'll keep you posted. Be careful on your agenda." Elder Taeyang spoke before hopping outside my car.

I need to speak with Attorney Park about the scope of this issue. My mind is about to explode as a result of this complicated circumstance and information. I accelerated my car to reach his office. I didn't even care if he had a client inside. I got out of my car and headed directly to his office. His secretary called me out, but I ignored her. My blood boils right now.

"Attorney Park. We need to talk." I barged inside his office, and gladly, he's alone and just currently reading something on his desk.

"Ms. Manoban-" His secretary stopped me, but Attorney Park waved her off. When the door closed, I strides towards him.

"Lisa, what can I do for you?" He asked calmly despite my furious expression.

"What really are the inside schemes that you were pertaining to? Is that the illegal transport of my weaponry? That's it? You know I could take care of that with myself without even marrying someone and involving Jennie with these stupid shits." My mouth didn't stop while glaring at him. I'm angry, not just because of this issue, but also because I got Jennie involved in this chaotic life of mine.

"Lisa." Attorney Park calmly talked. He stood up, walked in front of me, and leaned back on his desk. His calm aura changed into a serious gaze.

"Your father died because he discovered that inside schemes." He stated, making me furrow my eyes.

"What? I thought he knew about that?" I asked confusedly. I'm became more confused than a while ago.

"No, he was unaware of that. There were traitors within his firm. They assigned someone from your firm to transport your firearms. When your father learned about those heinous crimes, he quickly dismantled them. He dismissed everyone who was involved, but he never found out who they sent inside your firm since they refused to talk." He paused for a moment.

"Those people were selling your products illegally and to the terrorist around the world. They were earning a bunch of money because of your weaponry. They gained whatever they wanted, but on the other side, you might lose your credibility, and your clients might leave you if they found out that your weapons are distributed to the government's enemies. You can't avoid that, of course. But, with that amount of cache? I don't think you'll be able to defend it." Attorney Park added. And I remained silent.

"He told me about this before he was shot. He was about to face each of them and give them millions to identify who their commander was, but he never got the chance. That was the day he was shot at your facility. This indicates that the head works for your company since he is familiar with its facilities. He informed me all of the traitors' names, but I never had a chance to find them because they all committed themselves. He protected you and your business while you were busy growing it." Attorney Park stated, and it crashed my heart a million times.

"Do you understand it now?" He asked.

"He wanted you to marry someone so they wouldn't suspect you, and they'd feel you wouldn't jeopardize anything since you have a wife to care for. Your primary emphasis is on the job and family. They'll assume you won't delve deeper into your firm." He added, and the only thing that I did was to clench my fists.

"It was my fault. My father's death is on me." I said in anguish, tears are forming in my eyes. My heart became tighter, and I almost wanted to punch everything.

"No. Don't blame yourself on it. Mr. Reynold knows the consequences of his actions and still chooses to dig into it. It was his choice, not yours." Attorney Park shook his head.

"Still, he died because of protecting me and my firm. If he didn't do anything like that, he would still be alive!" I exclaimed.

"Mr. Reynold's life was already in danger when he dissipated the microchip production! I assume you've already read the report of that!" Attorney Park slightly raised his voice, causing me to stop whatever I wanted to say again.

"The microchip was too strong and extremely dangerous for anyone to have, so he chose to discontinue the process. However, Vortex Industries disapproved. The CEO was enraged when your father halted the entire process, and they both lost a lot of money. They were extremely interested in producing that. Which is why I'm currently investigating whether the persons responsible for your father's death are connected to them or it was them who are carrying out these heinous deeds for retribution."

"Then why don't you just file a case to them?!" I asked confusedly.

"I can't. I have no concrete evidence that it's their doing. I can't find the research paper that your father kept. That paper contains everything about the microchip." He sighed and held his forehead.

"How can I trust you with this? At this point, I can't trust anyone. Including you." I said sternly, my fists clenched, and my eyes are peering at him. Right now, I really can't trust anyone. My father's company partner might be even involved in it, a trusted partner. Anyone would betray you. How could I ever believe someone now?

"I'm not risking my life to get Mr. Reynold's justice if I'm a fucking enemy. Just like you, I want revenge too. Mr. Reynold stood up as my father and guided me. I want to give justice to his death." Attorney Park answered back and sat down on his chair.

"Right now, all you have to do is follow what I told you. Pretend that you know nothing about this. It's given that you already know about the exporting of your weaponry since it's your company. But, the inside schemes? They don't know that you know it." His voice is calmer now.

"Allow me to conduct the investigation on Vortex Industries. Simply do what you know is right and what you are capable of." He added and leaned back on his chair. While me, I'm standing straight and looking at him directly. I couldn't say anything. I felt like I was stabbed multiple times again and felt embarrassed because of barging inside his office. I even doubted him.

"I'm sorry for barging in and even accusing you." I responded with a tired voice. I know it's not my thing to say sorry, but right now, he deserves it.

"It's okay. I understand what you feel. Just be cautious all the time." He instructed again.

After our poignant conversation, I apologized one last time and returned to my car. Things are becoming clearer now. It all started with a microchip. Father obliterated the process, resulting in a loss of millions. Now, they seek vengeance by bringing down his company or even want to takeover, which includes mine, I suppose, because they are implicating my firm.

My thoughts got cut off when I received a message from Namjoon, indicating that he already had the report of his work. I instructed him to meet me at my private office. Here comes another information that could even blow my mind. There's too much information in a day for me, I'm getting drained and fucked up.

"Talk to me." I instantly stated as soon as he stepped inside my office.

"The weapon used to take down your ally was your product, ma'am. Also, I've noticed something." He handed me a picture.

"He's got a mark on his chest. When I reviewed his profile, I discovered that he had no tattoos on his body. This suggests he was marked by the killer. Perhaps their logo or a sign indicating it is their organization's doing, ma'am." I keenly looked at the picture. There's really a mark on it. A skull with fire? I slightly quivered my lips. They left a sign, which means I only need to look for a building or any facility containing this mark. It can lead me to them.

"Good job. Now, I need you to do one more thing. Get the pictures of my father and check if they marked him too. Report it to me immediately." I instructed and waved him off.

This day was full of stress and headache. Full of rage and anger. I've felt different kinds of emotions today, and I feel like I'm going to burst out anytime now. I need a drink. I need a fucking drink to release this anger inside me, and even have someone to satisfy me to erase my stress.

I quickly drove to the Devil's Bar. Jennie is presumably at home right now, occupied with something. She did not even call or text me. What would I expect, right? We have rules to obey. And I'm too naive to think she'll call me. She does not mind if I do anything tonight. In any case, it is entirely my choice.

"Hey. Want some company?" A woman sat beside me. I turned my head to her, and this would do it. I think she wants what I want too. It's visible to her face and body language.

"Yeah. Maybe in a room?" I asked her huskily and smirked. She quickly drank her shot and signalled me to follow her. I immediately drank mine and paid my bill instantly.

I need this, I need to release this.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

I WONT GIVE UP POLI

Фанфик

848K 18.6K 138
Jennie Kim is a typically cold-hearted person in everyone's eyes. She's been in a cave after what happened in her past, locking her heart and transfo...
74.5K 2.7K 30
tells the poignant tale of childhood sweethearts, Jennie and Lisa, whose paths diverged when Lisa's family faced financial hardships, forcing her to...
4.8M 118K 45
Lalisa Manoban An agent, and not just a simple agent mind you. She's the cream of the top, the best of the best, give her a mission and expect a 100%...
950K 19K 66
The Kim's company is the most powerful business in the soul she is billionaire she have other businesses like salon,mall stores,cafe she have everyth...