Persue Me

Por glizzy_expert

A story where Aaron Warner's son accidentally falls for Kenji Kishimoto's daughter. Ethan Warner has always b... Mais

ANOTHER FANFICTION??
characters!
characters part dos
Playlist!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A/N
Chapter 14
ANOTHER A/N
you'll never guess what this is

Chapter 4

403 12 33
Por glizzy_expert

✟ 𝙀𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙧 ✟

If I were to die tomorrow, my last words would be 'my bad guys'

I don't know what came over me at that stupid party. I had a feeling I shouldn't have gone, but I did anyway.

Seeing Olivia like that messed up my head. She was enchanting. She IS enchanting.

Last Saturday was a build up of everything I had been pushing down for 17 years.

I finally gave in to my stupid attraction to this Kishimoto spawn.

My problem is that she's batshit pretty. The kind of pretty that makes a man think getting murdered in the middle of the night might not be so bad.

And I was being an asshole.

In my defence, she'd been with her dad all week, planting flowers and eating watermelon on their front lawn, so I couldn't really catch her alone. The day I was planning on apologizing, Nick, that disgusting sewer rat of a boy picked her up.

For their date.

The thought of Olivia going on a romantic outing with Nick makes me want to throw up and punch something at the same time.

"ETHAN" oh sweet jesus

"YES MOM?"

"ETHAN"

"YES?"

"ETHAN?"

Of course she couldn't hear me yelling back at her. It's like my door is made of steel or something. I opened my door, and went downstairs.

"There you are." Mom smiled

"What's up?"

"We need to talk." I heard dad's voice come behind me.

Oh shit

I whipped around to look at him "About what?"

"Go sit down honey." Mom recommended.

"What is this about?" I asked, lowering myself onto the couch, opposite of dad.

"This is about Olivia Kishimoto." Dad stared at me. It genuinely felt like he was looking into my soul.

"Um. Okay?" My eyes darted to mom "What about her?

"A long time ago, you promised me that you would never fall in love with Olivia." My eyes widened as Dad spoke "I trusted you to keep that promise. I trusted you not to ruin my reputation. I cannot be related to Kenji, Ethan."

"Oh Aaron." Mom slapped him on the arm. "What he's trying to say, is that you've been off lately."

"What does Olivia have to do with this?"

"She's the reason you're upset isn't she?"

"What? No."

"Liar." Dad pointed his finger at me

"And how would you know?"

"Because I-" he stopped himself "You're my son. I know what affects you."

"Ethan we're worried about you." Mom looked at me with a conserned look

"I don't know." I tried to think "I just...I don't know." I couldn't find the words. I love my parents and I know I can talk to them about anything.

I just can't.

"Ethan, as long as you're alive, your mother will never stop asking if you're okay. I learned the hard way." Dad grinned at mom

"You were tough to break."

"I know Love."

"Soo are we done here?" I started to get up

"I guess." Mom hugged me

"Oh by the way, your mom and I are heading to Oceana for a week or so to attend some meetings." Dad put his hands on his hips "So no dying. Or throwing 'Epic Ragers' as the youth call them."

"Uh" I started to laugh.

"Aaron he's 17. He'll be fine."

"Aw man Dad, nobody says youth."

"I do."

"That's because you're old."

"Don't even. Your mother and I made you. After many vigorous ni-"

"OH GOD SHUT UP" I covered my ears and ran up to my room.

............................................................................

Mom and Dad left Sunday morning, which left me alone until next Sunday. I was fine with that. I know how to cook, clean, and take care of myself.

I was extremely bored around noon, and you know what happens when I get bored. WALKS!!

Since it was really hot outside, I decided maybe flannel pajama bottoms might not be the right choice. I changed into black shorts and a slightly loose green button up. I slipped on my shoes and opened the door.

The air smells better in the summer. It's new and ugh. It's just a great smell. I love summer. It's my favorite season by far.

I started to walk down the street, unsure of where I was going to walk to.

Then I had an idea.

"I really want this book."

"Then get it?"

"I only have 20 dollars."

"Okay and?"

"I want icecream."

We both started to laugh. Tears started to form in her eyes. It wasn't even funny. Sometimes when we hang out, everything just gets funnier.

"I'll make you a deal darling."

"Oh?"

"I'll buy you the book if you buy icecream."

"Really?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Ethan I love you so much." She hugged me as tight as a human could ever hug anyone.

I smiled so hard my face hurt for days.

She had adored that book. I heard her mention wanting the sequel on one of our walks to school. So that's what I was going to do.

The bookstore I had gotten the first one was only a few blocks away, so why not. The store smelled like new books and coffee. Two of Olivia's favorite sents.

"Hi! Can I help you with anything?"

"Oh I'm okay."

"Okay! Let me know if you need anything."

The owner of the store was so kind. She was an elderly woman who had opened up her store right after the Restablishment fell.

Eventually I found the book, checked out, and started to walk home.

Don't just give it to her

Where can a man find some twine?

I gathered four tulips from the field, extra pink ribbon mom had left from one of her DIYs, and the book.

Carefully, I wrapped the tulips onto the front of the book with the ribbon, then tied it in the front.

Now for the hard part.

I had walked up these front steps so many times, I don't know why I was so apprehensive. As soon as I knocked, Naz answered.

"Oh hey Ethan!" She smiled at me "What's up?"

"I was just wondering if Olivia was home?"

"Yeah she's just up in her room." She opened the door further "Come on in"

I took my shoes off and thanked her before I went upstairs. It had been a week or so since I talked or even looked at her fully.

I don't think I'm ready.

I knocked twice so she knew I was there before I opened the door. I cracked the door open before I actually fully opened it.

There she was, hair cascading down her shoulders, white tank top perfectly fitted, and slightly wrinkled light blue shorts. She was drawing something until she snapped her head up.

"Hi."

She just looked at me.

"I'm sorry Olivia."

She again, just stared at me.

"I get if you don't want to talk bu-"

Before I could finish my sentence she flung herself at me. I instantly dropped the book to grab her thighs so she didn't fall. Her arms wrapped around my neck, hugging me with her whole body.

"I missed you." She said, face buried in my shirt.

"I missed you too Darling."

I gently placed her back down on the floor.

"You're a piece of shit." She crossed her arms over her chest. "You're never allowed to ignore me ever again you selfish asshole." She laughed as she hit her hands on my chest.

"I'm sorry Olivia. I'm not sure exactly what's going on right now."

"Well I'm currently cursing your whole bloodline for abandoning me for the first 2 weeks of summer."

I chuckled "No I mean I'm not sure what's going on with me. I was being dumb, I promise I won't do that ever again."

"Pinky promise?"

I rolled my eyes "Pinky promise." I linked my pinky finger with hers.

"Thank you. I forgive you I guess."

"Gee thanks."

"Anytime."

I looked down at my gift, before picking it up.

"I got bored." I grinned and handed it to her.

She looked confused before she realized what it was.

"Ethan Warner."

"Olivia Kishimoto." I raised my eyebrow.

"I love you so much."

I think my heart stopped. I knew what she meant but god did I wish it was actually that way.

"I know you do." I grinned

"As much as you sucked last week, you are currently my favorite person."

"I'm glad you like it Darling."

"I'm gonna go get a vase for these flowers."

"Oh okay."

"Wait here."

"Uh okay"

Her phone started to ring from across the room

"CAN YOU PICK THAT UP FOR ME" She yelled from downstairs

I picked up her phone and swiped the answer button.

"Hello?"

"Uh hi?"

Oh for fucks sake.

"Nick."

"This isn't Olivia."

"It's not."

"Ethan?"

"Yes?"

"Why do you have Olivia's phone?"

"Because I'm better than you."

"That makes no sense."

"I know. I'm just reminding you."

"Ethan can you please let me talk to Liv?" He sighed.

"No."

"Dude."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you're an entitled asshole  unworthy of her attention."

"Bro we're literally dating."

My body stiffened.

What the fuck?

"What?"

"We started dating like yesterday man."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

I hung up the phone.

Maybe I can gaslight myself to forgetting about this.

Not even 5 seconds later, she came back into the room.

"Who called?"

"Your boyfriend."

"My what?"

"Nick. Your boyfriend"

"What?"

"He just called. When I told him you weren't here he told me I was an entitled asshole who was unworthy of your attention."

She never needs to know it was reversed.

"First of all, we are not dating. Second of all, you probably deserved it." She grinned and grabbed her phone back

"I'm wounded."

"Good." She ran her hands through her hair.

I wish those were my hands

Yo inner Ethan what the fuck dude?

"Are you busy?" She asked

"Right now?"

"Yeah."

"No. My parents are gone for a week or something on a work trip, so I'm basically free for the next 7 days."

"Okay perfect!" I gave her a questioning look

"What are you planning darling?"

"Can we go to the beach with Alex and Indria?"

"Am I required to go?"

"Yes." She smiled, while texting her cousins

"I'll go on one condition."

"Oookay?"

"I get to push you off the dock."

She scrunched her nose at me before agreeing.

"Okay you bum, go get your stuff and meet me in your car."

"My car?"

"Yeah. I stole your keys out of your pocket when I hugged you."

"You know that's a crime right?" I asked

"Are you going to report me?"

"Yeah actually."

We both laughed and shortly after, I  left to grab my stuff. I decided on navy swim trunks, a white hoodie for after, and black sunglasses.

Fuck.

Olivia walked out of her house wearing maybe a centimeter worth of fabric on her body. Her hair was pulled up into a high pony, pink square sunglasses resting on her nose, and no shirt. Just a light pink bikini top and her blue shorts she was wearing earlier. The strings on her bikini top we're sticking out of her shorts.

I was not going to heaven for this.

I put my bag on my lap while I waited for her to get in the car.

"Alright!" She climbed in, smelling like sunscreen and strawberries. "Ready?"

I cleared my throat before I spoke. "Ready."

We drove about half an hour to the beach. It was a miracle how quickly the ocean and beaches had gone back to normal. It was absolutely beautiful.

We pulled into a random patch of grass, walking over to where Alex and Indria were sitting.

"You made it!" Indria hopped up and bear hugged Olivia. She looked me up and down with a slight smirk on her face.

"We did!" She quickly pulled her shorts down and kicked off her sandles. "RACE YOU" She took off towards the ocean, Indria following.

I looked at their set up. There were 4 towels two covered by an umbrella, two in the sun. They had a cooler and nearly 5 bottles of sunscreen.

"Hey man." Alex patted the ground, signalling me to sit with him.

"Hey."

"How have you been?"

"Uh pretty good."

In love with your cousin actually

"Look man, I know you like Liv."

"Excuse me?"

"I can literally read your mind."

Shiiiiiiiit

"I'm not in love with her. She's like a sister to me."

"Right. And siblings look eachother up and down and think about things I do NOT want to hear?"

My eyes immediately averted his.

"Do not say anything to her."

"I wasn't planning on it."

"No seriously Alex. Do not say anything." I made direct eye contact "I will not hesitate to rip your heart out of your chest."

"Jesus Christ dude. I wasn't gonna."

"Good."

"Go swim. You're freaking me out."

I rolled my eyes, and took off my sandles. I jogged over to the dock where I was set to push Olivia off.

"Oh darling" I came up behind her

"Oh shit." She started to run, making a beeline back to the beach.

Unlucky for her, my reflexes are crazy fast. Usually I let her run while I trail behind, but this time I'm getting revenge. I ran after her, sweeping her off of her face.

"ETHAN NO" She tried to wriggle free.

"It was the deal darling."

"I thought you were joking!"

"I never joke about conditions." She laughed, still trying to break free.

I walked to the end of the dock, getting ready to throw her in.

"Ethan I swear to g-" Before she could finish her sentence she was already in the water.

"Damn. You're pretty strong." Indria came up from behind me.

"I guess."

"Wanna swim out to her with me?" She touched my shoulder

"Not really." I jumped in exactly where I had thrown her

"I'm gonna get you back for that Warner."

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

"And how are you gonna do that?"

"Uh"

"Exactly."

"Fuck off" She laughed

We raced back and forth, played a couple rounds of chicken, the eventually just ended up floating anywhere. I felt a pair of hands wrap around my shoulders.

"Hey Darling." She had wrapped herself around my back, like an underwater piggy back ride.

"Hi Ethan"

"How are you doing?"

"Tired."

"Do you wanna go home?"

"If you don't mind."

"Anything for you."

"That's new."

"What's new?"

"You actually agreeing."

"Oh shush Kishimoto."

............................................................................

"I'm so tired."

We walked into my house, taking off our shoes then both flopping down on the couch.

"Do you want something to eat Darling?"

"Please."

"Is grilled cheese and pineapple good?"

"Always."

I stared to make the sandwiches when Olivia came into the kitchen.

"This is really weird but, I'm uncomfortable and don't wanna go back to my house." She gestured to her legs "I think my legs have had enough of me. I was wondering if I could steal some of your non fancy clothes?"

My head was screaming yes.

Seeing her in your clothes? Fuck yeah.

"Yeah sure."

"Thank you, cutie"

I'm not gonna survive more than 5 more minutes with her.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

28K 248 19
This is a collection of little moments between characters in the Shatter Me series. I hope you enjoy!
3.5K 95 28
This is the story of Warner's little sister and her point of view * disclaimer that this does have spoilers if you have not read the series *
365K 15.8K 93
"i don't want to think of anything else now that i've thought of you." - daylight. A guide on how to get the girl-disclaimer: Only follow upcoming i...
134K 6.3K 58
It was never effortless to love Aaron Warner. He was a difficult teenage boy who seemed to forget a lot of the time that that was what he was-a teena...