Sweater Weather ๛ Edward Cull...

NovaWayne tarafından

sᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ 𖦆 Devon is often described as a problem boy. He always gets hit in the face and has a folde... Daha Fazla

sᴡᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ
❨ 001 ❩
❨ 002 ❩
❨ 003 ❩
❨ 004 ❩
❨ 005 ❩
❨ 006 ❩
❨ 007 ❩
❨ 008 ❩
❨ 009 ❩
❨ 010 ❩
❨ 011 ❩
❨ 012 ❩
❨ 013 ❩
❨ 014 ❩
❨ 015 ❩
❨ 016 ❩
❨ 017 ❩
❨ 018 ❩
❨ 019 ❩
❨ 020 ❩
❨ 021 ❩
❨ 022 ❩
❨ special chapter ❩
❨ 023 ❩
❨ 024 ❩
❨ 025 ❩
❨ 026 ❩
❨ 027 ❩
❨ 028 ❩
❨ 029 ❩
❨ 030 ❩
❨ 031 ❩
❨ 032 ❩
❨ 033 ❩
❨ 035 ❩
thanks!

❨ 034 ❩

1.2K 55 29
NovaWayne tarafından

୨ ♡ ୧

Returning to Forks was strange. Devon thought it would be much longer before he returned to that place, but it wasn't something he disliked at all. He was happy to see his mother and Charlie again, and he was eager to know how Bella was doing. He was still a bit worried about her and wanted to make sure she was really okay.

He hadn't traveled the world as Edward had claimed, but there would be more time for that in the future, that was for sure.

The first place they visited was the Cullen residence, where Esme, Carlisle, Rosalie, Emmett, and Jasper were already putting everything back in its place.

Devon couldn't be happier to see his motorcycle again. He had missed it so much, and now he could finally go out with it again.

The next place Devon went to was his old home. He hadn't announced that he would be back, so it would probably take everyone by surprise. And it did.

He rang the doorbell and patiently waited for someone to open the door. He knew his mother and Charlie were at home because it was Sunday, and neither of them worked that day. Besides, he could detect their scent from the entrance.

The door opened, revealing a very surprised Amy before she got excited and hugged her son.

"Darling, I'm so glad to see you," she said, pressing him against her body, "you should have let me know you were coming, and I would have prepared your favorites."

Devon smiled, genuinely enjoying his mother's warmth.

"I'm sorry. It was quite sudden," he cleared his throat and looked behind him, where Edward was leaning against his car.

Amy frowned. After leaving Bella suffering months ago, she had decided that she didn't like him. However, she was surprised to see him with Devon. Although it wasn't hard to put two and two together, she didn't say anything about it at that moment.

The woman nodded and gave Edward a polite smile, but her displeasure was evident.

"Do you want to come in? It seems like you have a lot to catch up on."

Devon nodded and looked at Edward, tilting his head slightly to indicate that he should come closer. The three entered the house and headed to the living room, where Charlie was watching a game on TV.

"Who was it?" he asked without taking his eyes off the screen, taking a sip from his beer can. However, he didn't get an answer and looked back to find Devon.

At first, he was surprised and could hardly believe it, but he quickly stood up with joy and hugged the boy.

"I'm glad you're back, Devon," he said, pulling away, "how was it?" But his gaze shifted to Edward, and he frowned in annoyance, "What is he doing here?"

Devon placed a hand on Charlie's arm and looked at him cautiously.

"Charlie, Mom," he quickly glanced at his mother behind them, "Edward and I are together now. When I left home... I left with Edward," he explained calmly. He wasn't sure how they would take it.

Charlie was genuinely surprised. Of all things, he didn't expect those words from Devon.

"Oh..." he finally said, coming back to reality, "I... I don't know what to say. I'm happy for you, but..."

"I know I hurt Bella a lot," Edward interrupted, having already read both their thoughts, "and I apologize profusely. It was never my intention to harm her, and I know that maybe it's something I can't fix now with a simple apology, but I want you to know that I care a lot about Devon. He's truly important and special to me, and I hope you can accept me back into your family."

Amy smiled tenderly, but Charlie still had a furrowed brow, lost in his thoughts.

"Weren't you with his brother?" he asked Devon, but his frown deepened, regretting his words, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. I'm just a little confused."

Devon laughed with genuine amusement.

"It's okay, Charlie," he took a few steps back, tucking his hands into his jacket pockets, "how's Bella?"

Charlie relaxed noticeably and let out a sigh.

"She's better. She's hanging out with Jacob, Billy Black's son, and it seems like everything is going well," he cast a quick glance at Edward, "Jacob has been really good for her and has helped her a lot since... well... he's helped her a lot."

Edward felt even more guilty realizing how much he had made Bella suffer, but deep down, he knew it wasn't entirely his fault. Probably most of it, but not entirely.

"It's good to know that," he said.

Charlie sighed again, placing a hand on Devon's shoulder.

"Son, I really want you to be happy, and if your happiness is with... him... that's okay. I accept it, but give me some time for the anger I have to fade."

Devon didn't hesitate to hug Charlie tightly.

"Thank you, Charlie," he spoke in a low voice, just enough for him to hear.

When they separated, Devon looked at Edward with a smile and approached him.

"Well, I hope you guys stay to finish the school year," Amy commented, "you only have half a semester left before going to college."

Edward nodded.

"Yes. Carlisle already helped us arrange that, and they'll accept us back as long as we submit the overdue assignments and take some exams."

"Perfect. Why don't you make yourselves comfortable while I prepare a delicious dessert and something for dinner?"

"We would like that, Mom. Thank you."

Amy approached her son, taking his cheeks in her hands and giving him a kiss on the forehead.

Charlie now seemed a bit uncomfortable.

"Do you want to watch the game?"

Devon nodded.

"Why not?" They took a seat, "who's playing?"

The three men remained in the living room watching TV, although Charlie and Devon were having a pleasant conversation about the game while Edward simply waited for time to pass, as he wasn't very interested in sports.

Almost twenty minutes later, they heard the front door open and close. In a moment, Bella was in the living room, looking for Edward with her eyes. Devon felt uncomfortable for a moment but didn't say anything.

"Hello," Bella murmured, looking only at Edward.

Cullen stared at her with softness.

"Hello."

"You're back."

Edward nodded.

"Can we talk?"

It was Bella's turn to nod. Although at that moment, Jacob appeared with an annoyed expression.

"Okay," Bella said, ignoring the newcomer, "let's go outside," she looked at her boyfriend with a bit of discomfort, "wait here, okay?"

Jacob shot Edward a deadly look, but he finally nodded.

"Fine," he growled and went to take a seat.

Charlie felt even more uncomfortable, but he stared fixedly at the TV and took a sip of his beer to the bottom, trying to pretend that there weren't a bunch of teenagers in his living room with love troubles. Devon noticed and just chuckled to himself.

Jacob took a seat on the individual sofa and glared at the TV with annoyance while Edward and Bella left the house.

🥀

Edward and Bella walked out of the house in silence. Once outside, they walked a moment on the sidewalk until they stopped.

"How are you

?" Edward was the one who asked. The question felt a bit awkward, but neither of them seemed to mind.

"Better," she murmured, "when Alice came a few days ago, I thought you would come with her."

Edward stared at her intently. He still didn't like not being able to read her thoughts.

"We were going to come back, but there was a little complication," he explained calmly, "but I'm glad you're okay."

Bella seemed disappointed, and it showed quite a bit.

"Can you tell me what happened? Why did you jump off a cliff?" She sounded genuinely concerned.

Bella looked at him, unsure if she wanted to answer that question.

"It was for fun," it was the same answer she had given everyone, "and nothing happened. That's what matters, right?"

Edward still didn't understand her.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

She nodded with pursed lips.

"By the way, the wolves killed Laurent and Victoria. They... were hunting me, but Jacob and his pack protected me."

"I'm glad to hear that."

Edward reached out to place his hand on Isabella's cheek. She had almost forgotten the cold sensation of Edward's skin against the warmth of hers.

"I missed you," Bella murmured, "I missed you a lot."

She looked at him with big doe eyes. Edward smiled but moved away from her, placing both hands behind his back.

"I'm with Devon now," he finally confessed, "I left with him, but a few months ago, he and I became a couple."

Bella seemed genuinely surprised by that statement. Almost offended to hear it.

"What?" was what she said after a moment of silence.

Edward shrugged.

"I love Devon," he spoke calmly, "I think I have since the first time I met him, and it was a mistake on my part to give you hope where there was none. I apologize for that and for hurting you so much. You didn't deserve that."

Anger reflected in Bella's eyes. She was really upset to hear that.

"I thought you came back for me," she sounded like a complaint, "I thought you and I..."

"But now you're with Jacob," Edward didn't understand Bella's annoyance, "I thought you were happy with him."

"I am!" she shouted but quickly regretted it, "I am, but... I've been waiting for you."

"I was serious when I told you that I no longer felt anything for you. And I'm sorry if it sounds cruel, but maybe I never felt it, I just desired your blood, but when I tasted it, there was nothing that made me want to be by your side."

Bella felt a stab in her heart. Why was he saying all these horrible words? They were supposed to be together forever and be happy as immortals.

"Maybe you're just confused," the girl tried to reason, entering complete denial, "maybe if you and I are together... you'll realize that it's me you really want to be with, not him."

Edward placed a hand on her shoulder and looked at her with understanding but a touch of sadness.

"I'm sorry, Bella. I'm very sure of my feelings for Devon. Maybe you should reflect on what you feel for Jacob. I don't think it's fair that you're saying these things when you're with him."

Bella wanted to argue but had no argument against that. In any case, Edward was right.

"I want Jacob," she finally said, "but I also wanted you."

Edward shook his head with a small smile.

"I think that's very selfish of you. Jacob seems to really care about you, but I no longer feel anything for you. Of course, I was concerned when I heard you might have died, and that's why I came back, and I'll stay here until the end of the school year, but after that, I'll go to college with Devon."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have come back knowing my feelings for you."

"I'm sorry, Bella. Truly. But it's enough; you should focus on the present and not the past. Rest assured that you are important to me and always will be, but I regret that it's not in the way you want."

Edward walked back into the house, leaving Bella standing and quite pensive in that place.

Upon entering, he heard Devon and Charlie's laughter. He approached the living room, where he saw them chatting animatedly. Even Jacob had a smile on his face as he listened.

"Jacob," he spoke to the brunette, "Bella needs you."

Jacob no longer looked at him with annoyance or anger and simply stood up to leave the house and look for Bella.

Edward, on the other hand, took a seat again and stared intently at Devon as if he were the most beautiful and perfect person his eyes had ever seen.

I honestly thought I had like 10 chapters left to finish this fic, but I realized that the next one is the last hahan't ​​🧍🏼‍♀️

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

168K 4.6K 65
This a Twilight love story. What if Bella Swan had a sister, and that person was you? Will you go through the same troubles as your sister, or will l...
2.2K 124 12
Being the new people in town was never easy, especially in a small town like Forks, a fact that Eleanor Beckett was well aware of. So when her son ca...
91K 2.5K 23
You take Bella's place in this story. Instead of loving Edward, you fall hard for Jacob. And who knows, he may feel the same. You're the daughter of...
217K 4.9K 37
*COMPLETED*Ashley Cullen was just a baby when she and her birth parents were in a horrible car accident. Rosalie and Emmett Cullen happened to be by...