𝘼𝙉𝙏𝙄-𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙊 [Dark Deku...

Por SteveTheAlbino

(Y/n) Midoriya was just like any other kid growing up in the world of heroes. He wanted to be just like them... Mais

Ch 1: '(Y/n) Midoriya: Dark Origins'
Ch 2: 'You Don't Know What You Got'
Ch 3: 'Blame It On My Youth'
Ch 4: 'The Only Thing That Matters'
Ch 5: 'Fighting The Gravity'
Ch 6: 'Easy Target'
Ch 7: 'Give Me One Good Reason'
Ch 8: 'Going Away To College'
Ch 9: 'Pathetic'
Ch 10: 'Wasting Time'
Ch 11: 'More Then You'll Ever Know'
Ch 12: 'Hungover You'
Ch 13: 'No Future'
Ch 14: 'Up All Night'
Ch 15: 'Action'
Ch 16: 'Roller Coaster'
Ch 17: 'Anthem'
Ch 18: 'Degenerate'
Ch 19: 'Strings'
Ch 20: 'One More Time'
Ch 21: 'Remember To Forget Me'
Ch 22: 'Cynical'
Ch 23: 'When I Was Young'
Ch 24: 'Feeling This'
Ch 25: 'First Date'
Ch 27: 'All The Small Things'
Ch 28: 'Dammit'
Ch 29: 'One For All'
Ch 30: 'Fear No More'
Ch 31: 'King In Green'
Ch 32: 'Lie to Me'

Ch 26: 'Rabbit Hole'

3.8K 269 239
Por SteveTheAlbino

[Alright, so sorry once more for the wait. Wattpad had complications and I was really busy with work. Also add in the fact that the last chapter didn't do amazing compared to others, so I was kinda putting this book on the back burner. BUT I'M BACK NOW! AND WITH MORE MIRKO! But during the time of the last chapter, a few things have happened. One such being the trailer for the new MHA Movie "You're Next". Looks pretty good, but as we're talking about movies for MHA. I've been asked in the past if I will incorporate them into the book. And the short answer is...YES!

Most likely it'd be one movie, and whilst I'm unsure if I'll do it in this book, or a book of its own. I do have a pretty cool idea to add into the movie aspect. And that is...

--The events of one of the movies (Not sure which one yet) will take place like normal. Then, out of nowhere, a portal will open and bring (Y/n), Bakugo, and Uraraka...INTO THE WORLD OF THE ACTUAL ANIME! AND I MEAN, ACTUAL ANIME! SO (Y/N), OUR READER, WILL COME ACROSS AN ALTERNATE VERSION OF HIS DEAD BROTHER! PLUS ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF HIS GIRLFRIENDS AND FRIENDS!!! DOESN'T THAT SOUND COOL???--

Though, in saying that, I'm unsure when to do it, and whether to place it in this book, or a book of its own. What would you prefer?

A.) In this book

B.) A book of its own [Though still Canon to this story]

That's about it for now, because I have that and a whole lot more planned for the future of this story! And it continues today with a brand new chapter! So if you're excited, press that vote button, and let's continue on the grind~]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[Your POV]

You know when you're young, and you see a hero going past? Whether it be walking through the streets or flying in the sky, every single person that witnesses such a sight, their first thought is always; 'Their life must be so special'. And to a point, I suppose that is true. I mean, they're recognized as people who save the day. They're so cool in the eyes of so many people, so it's bound to acknowledge them as different and special when compared to the normal person. After all, what makes up the normal day of a normal person? They wake up. They go to work. They have lunch. They do something in hopes it'll make someone's life easier. 

And then they go home. A pretty average life, right? But when you think of a hero, you imagine something special; unique. Something that no ordinary person could ever dream of having. But, you know what? After spending only a few days as the intern of a Pro Hero, living through their own lives like it was your own, I can easily say that...It's nothing special. Well, sure, there are things they go through that are different from others, and some may consider them special. But the overall structure of it all, it's the same. Just like citizens, heroes wake up. They go to work. They have lunch. And they do something in hopes it'll make someone's life easier. 

It's like poetry, as...Yaoyorozu would say, anyway. It repeats itself. Through each and every life of every person on this planet. And I think people forget that sometimes. But for me, I'm only being reminded of it now, as I sit on the edge of a rooftop high above the streets below, eating my lunch as I sit beside the Pro Hero, Mirko. In the few days I've worked under the Rabbit Hero, I've learnt a lot. Some, I already knew. But I did learn further into the ideology of being a hero. Well, at least a hero with the mindset like Mirko. She was direct. Straight to the point. She saw something bad going down, she didn't wait for backup. She went head first; or, well, in her case...Foot first. 

But she still got the job done. And on the few incidents very already faced this morning, I've come to realize just how lucky I was to pick someone who seemed to have the same mindset as me. That, and, well... It was kinda cool being with a hero that didn't have a stick up their butt.

Mirko: "Hahaha! No! No! I'm telling you, that fucking Laundry Hero guy is nowhere near as clean as you think!"

(Y/n): [Chuckles] "Yeah?"

Mirko: "Yeah! I mean, I've only met him once--" [Mumbles] "Mostly because I hate going to hero shit--" [Out Loud] "--But I was in a room with him and Mt. Lady; and someone smelled like shit!"

I almost choked down on the bit of bacon in my throat upon hearing not. Not exactly from the words, but just that a Pro Hero would even act that way. Thankfully, I was able to swallow the bit of my sandwich that I had in my mouth and coughed out a response.

(Y/n): "B-But are you sure it was, um...Laundry Hero: Wash, who smelt like it?"

Mirko: "You're kidding me, right?"

A sharp eyebrow was suddenly lifted as Mirko turned to me. I was further caught off guard when out of nowhere she shoved her face towards my own. I thought she was going to headbutt me or...--B-But before I could pinpoint it on one thing in particular, Mirko spoke once more.

Mirko: "You're into girls, right?"

(Y/n): "Um...Yeah? What does that have to do, with, um...Talking about this?"

Mirko: "Everything! Because if you were into girls, you know that most of them don't smell like shit!" [Narrows eyes] "Especially stuck-up princesses like Mt. Lady. They're all about smelling and looking good for the camera. Pfft! Pathetic..."

(Y/n): "So that leaves Wash, then?"

Mirko: "Well, it certainly fucking wasn't me! Or, what? You think I don't smell nice?"

As soon as Mirko said that, I felt as if my life was at stake. Especially when she narrowed her eyes once more, this time, focused directly on me.

(Y/n): "Um, no-Uh--Not at all."

She honestly didn't. In fact...She actually smelt pretty nice. A-At least from the few times, I happened to be in the same line of attack as the perfume that crept from her neck. Whatever it was, it smelt really good, actually. Thankfully, I didn't have to admit such to Mirko. As my words alone seemed to be enough for her.

Mirko: "Well then...Good. I guess I don't have to beat the crap out of you now."

(Y/n): "Excuse me?"

Mirko: "Besides, just think about it. Out of the three of us, the one most likely to smell like shit is the one that looks like a fucking toilet! Don't you think?"

(Y/n): "Um..."

She seemed quite serious about this topic, looking at the fact she was staring at me without a break in her line of sight with mine.

(Y/n): "...You're right."

Thankfully, that seemed to be all that was needed for me to get her smile back. And, admittedly...It was...Rather nice.

(Y/n): [Shakes head] "Um, so! Uh, a-anyway...What's up after lunch? Any, uh...Hero plans?"

Mirko: "...(Y/n)."

(Y/n): "Uh...Yeah?"

Mirko: "You're doing that stuttering thing again. Stop it. I told you how I feel about stuttering. It makes you seem like a nerd, and a rookie. And I don't partner up with rookies. Especially previous rookies who I gave the honour of allowing them to hear me call them by name...(Y/n)."

The added saying of my name was only to make Mirko's point be proven further. It also made it extremely clear that she was talking to me. Something I had no doubt about before. And now, I most certainly had no doubt that she was talking to me. I was going to respond with confirmation of this warning, and an apology. However, before I could do so, my focus was suddenly directed to the streets below.

"Someone! Please! He stole my bag!"

The sound of a woman's voice from the streets below was enough to pull my attention away from the staredown of Mirko, and to the direction the voice came from. It didn't take long for my eyes to land on the woman in need. With concern on her face, she looked for a hero, as she pointed in a direction behind her where a villain could be seen running away with a handbag in, well...Hand. Though, what made this villain stand out was the fact he was running...Whilst on stilts. 

Villain: "Hahaha! Prepare yourself, city! For it is your day of reckoning! For I, the Mighty Stilt-Menace is here to cause havoc!"

A fairly weak-looking man called out such, as he ran over people and cars, all thanks to the robotic legs that extended from his body all the way to the ground below, about ten meters in total. Though just like me, the people in the surrounding area couldn't help but just stare at the villain for a moment. As if properly trying to contemplate what they just saw.

(Y/n): "Stilt-Menace? That's his name, really?"

Mirko: "Eh. You'd be surprised with the crappy villains in this part of the city."

(Y/n): "Huh?"

I moreso meant that as a notion of seeking further confirmation that such was true. But it quickly shifted to one of confusion, when I saw Mirko simply continue eating her lunch, a salad in a plastic container, even as the villain dashed off further in the distance. What shocked me the most wasn't what she was eating, but the fact she was staying rather still, not even facing the direction of the aforementioned action.

(Y/n): "Um...Mirko?"

Mirko: "Hmm?"

She mumbled with lettuce hanging out of her mouth.

(Y/n): "The, uh...The villain?"

All the while I nonchalantly pointed in the direction of the foe of the hour.

Mirko: "What about him?"

(Y/n): "Aren't we going to do something about it?"

Mirko: "I don't know...Are you?"

(Y/n): "M-Me? But I'm..."

To be honest, at first, I really was confused by what she was talking about. Which actually annoyed me quite a bit. Mainly because I've kinda been struggling to concentrate properly when around Mirko. Mainly because she was unlike other heroes. She had different characteristics and ideals compared to someone like All Might. And her, um...Hero suit didn't really leave much to the imagination. But it was as I stared dumbfounded in the direction of Mirko, I came to realize what she was referring to. A simple shift of her eyes, as if giving me a helpful nudge, was all I needed to take in for my focus to turn back in the direction of Stilt-Menace.

Stilt-Menace: "Hahaha! No one can stop! No one can stop my Stilt-Quirk!"

In the line of sight between me and the villain, I witnessed cause of destruction and fear in the eyes of people. I saw just what the mere presence alone of a villain could make. The final straw, the scream of a child. A little boy who clung to his mother's leg in desperation of being save as this Stilt-Dumbass ran rapidly through the middle of the streets. He was lucky to not hurt anyone, but his luck was about to run out. But he wasn't going to be the one to hurt people, he was going to be the one to get hurt. By me. 

Because confused or not, no matter what I've been like since starting this internship, when it comes to saving the day, my heads in the game. And unfortunately for lame villains like this guy, that spells the end of their reign of terror. And I think Mirko got a taste of that. Her eyes taking in more intrigue as I aimlessly walked past her. Not a word was spoken, and not a single movement from my head arrived. Mirko only watched as I made my way to the opposite edge of the building we were on, and stared out at the carnage before me.

(Y/n): "...You said you don't partner up with rookies, right?"

Mirko: "Uh, huh."

(Y/n): "Well then, in that case, let me prove to you that I'm no rookie."

Mirko: [Chuckles and grins] "And what? You taking down a lame villain is going to prove that to me?"

(Y/n): "No. Me taking down a lame villain doesn't prove I'm not a rookie..."

Mirko's eyebrow rose once more in confusion. Though that only caused a smirk to find my lips as I turned to glance back at her.

(Y/n): [Grins] "...It's how I take him down that does."

With those as my final words, I hesitated no more as I pulled my mask over my face. Mirko was only given a brief glimpse at sparking green eyes before out of nowhere my body disappeared in a dash. The boost of Fear Second enough to cause a gust of window to blow the hair of the Pro Hero. Though, in my dashing exit, I failed to notice the slight pink tint that found her cheeks afterwards. But that wasn't much of a surprise. Because now, just like every time, my mind switched away from the world around me. The once colourful universe that I called home, slowly faded to a wall of black as I jumped off the roof of the building. 

But this wasn't something new, the world changing around me. It was merely a more clear sign that I was getting in the mood. It was an indication that my mind was focused on one thing, and one thing alone. For whenever the opportunity or time arose when I was forced to pull on a mask and face off against evil, I forgot about everything else. My school. My job. My name. The only thing I thought about was my promise to Izuku. A promise I made to him on his deathbed. A promise that I'd never let another villain get away from me. So they could hurt someone else. 

I wasn't ever going to let that happen again. So that was all I thought about, and the world fading to black around me was enough proof of that. Unfortunately for this Stilt-idiot that I'm chasing after, he didn't see the world fading to black. But he will soon...When I punch the life right out of him. All he'll see if black. Because at the end of the day, I'm not a hero to get paid, or make friends, I'm here to keep a promise. And right now, this villain who rampages through the streets, he's blocking me from keeping my promise to my brother. And, you know what...I took that personally.

[3rd Person POV]

The sound of screaming and destruction meshed into the breeze of the air. People clung to the side of the streets as Stilt-Meace charged through the roads, his extended metallic legs allowing him to easily maneuver over the cars in the streets below that were forced to come to an abrupt stop due to the panic around them. But this didn't phase the villain once, as he kept laughing and running with the handbag of the woman in hand. Little did he know of the green blur that was hunting him down from behind. But the villain wasn't the only one to not notice something important, as a few rows of cars ahead, a young girl, seemingly just having left high school, could be seen gleefully singing to a song on the radio as she drove at a relatively fast speed through the streets without a second thought on her mind. 

"I'M A SINGLE LADY! I'M A SINGLE LADY! ...NOW PUT YOUR HANDS UP!"

Clearly, her focus was on nothing but the song on the radio, even as people on the sidewalks were running past her current position. Though, whereas this young girl driving didn't notice such a panic, the very next car in front of her did. Immediately, the white SUV with a family of four inside quickly pulled, but due to the girl driving behind them too focused on her singing, it was too late to stop her own car before it could hit the one in front of her. But whereas she didn't have enough time...(Y/n) did. It was thanks to some danger sense inside of his mind, a buzzing feeling that wouldn't go away, that he was able to notice such a thing some thirty meters ahead of him. 

The buzzing wouldn't go away until his gaze landed on the inevitable damage that was seconds away from happening. In the split time that he had to think, the young boy contemplated on what to do. Would he stop the villain now that he was getting closer, or use more energy to zoom past his target so he could stop the damage, and potential harm to people, from taking place. In the end, he decided on the latter. And as soon as he did, he wasted no time in picking up his speed. The green fog of his Fear Second technique growing as well as the green blur dashed passed the front view of the villain, who came to an abrupt stop above a few cars as he watched this strange sight move at great speeds. 

As for (Y/n), it felt as if time was slowing down as he picked one foot up after the other. The feeling was unlike anything he had felt before. Even when using Fear Second, he never moved quite as fast before. Though, he guessed it was just thanks to the frequent use of such a skill that it was only natural to progress with it. And as for the two cars about to strike one another, they'd be glad he did. For it seemed like there was nothing able to stop either one from hitting each other. And despite the short distance between them, both cars had been moving relatively fast for a busy street, so whereas no death may take place, injuries wouldn't be much of a surprise. 

But (Y/n) was determined to stop all of that, as was the mindset when he finally came in line with the two cars. All it took to finish it off was a sudden dash to the side, to inject himself between the two vehicles. It was at this moment that time picked up, and the high school girls' car came to an abrupt stop. But it wasn't from a car crash, as she had previously been fearing. Instead, as shock crossed her face, the high school girl witnessed a masked figure with glowing green eyes. Her first thought was panic. As this person in front of her, who was seemingly using all his strength to hold the hood of her car from colliding and hitting the white SUV behind him, as a villain. He certainly looked like one. 

But she was left surprised when without doing or saying anything, this masked figure removed his hands from the hood, showcasing the imprinted handprints that dinted the metal, an aftereffect of (Y/n) abruptly using his strength to stop the crash. Once more, he said nothing as he stepped out from between the two vehicles to look back down the street he had just come from, to see the stilt-based villain now running in the opposite direction of where (Y/n) currently was. Seemingly, the villain had noticed his heroics.

Stilt-Menace: "Haha! Suck on that, hero! You're no match for me and my incredible stilts!"

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "Right. Because stilts are totally something you wanna keep mentioning."

At least, that's what (Y/n) thought. On the outside, all he could do was tilt his head to the side as he stood on the edge of the road. The look alone was enough to give off his thoughts. However, (Y/n) was suddenly pulled from his thoughts when his eyes darted back up to the rooftop he was just on moments ago to see Mirko standing on the edge. And going off the way she looked at him, with her toned, muscular arms crossed, she wasn't very happy.

(Y/n): [Mutters] "Fuck..."

The sound was all he made before shaking his head and dashing off once more to chase after the villain, as he did, he chose to ignore the complaints from the female high schooler that he just saved.

"Hey, asshole! You dinted up my car! WHAT KIND OF HERO ARE YOU?!"

Despite the distance he now had from his previous location, (Y/n) was still able to hear the words quite clearly. But instead of responding, he simply narrowed his gaze and decided to answer in a way that didn't involve words. Because if people like her and Mirko wanted to see what kind of hero he truly was, he'd show them, along with everyone else watching. And that's exactly what he did. For a few seconds later, when the Stilt-Menace thought he was truly in the clear, as was suggested by his large smile, it didn't take long for things to quickly sour when a dark shadow appeared from above of him. 

All it took was a simple turn of his head, and the villain was greeted by the glowing green eyes of Deku, the hero everyone would soon come to know. But unlike other heroes, (Y/n) didn't waste his time in taking the villain down. He didn't want to show off or get cheers and future fans. He wanted to stop a villain. And for someone as weak as the one he currently was facing, it took no more than a simple boot to the back of Stilt-Menace's head. The full effects of such a thing were revealed a short while later when (Y/n) could be seen handing the stolen handbag back to the thankful lady. For as he did, in the background, the lifeless body of Stilt-Menace could be seen lying face-first in the crushed hood of a parked car on the side of the street. 

A group of people were gathered around the sight, eagerly taking in the events that just happened, when they were quick to scatter upon noticing a figure approaching them. It was (Y/n). And despite his heroic actions, no one in the surrounding area were eager to jump in front of him to ask for an autograph or photo. Perhaps it was from him still being an unknown hero. The fact his glowing green eyes were giving off a vibe that made people second guess whether he truly was a hero or not. Or perhaps it was to do with the aura that surrounded him. Something that was heavily suggested by the look underneath (Y/n)'s mask. 

A look with the complete lack of any emotions. All it was, was a heavy stare. One without mercy, or regret, as he stared down at the beaten body of Stilt-Menace. The look in (Y/n)'s eyes was accompanied by a wave of thoughts that flooded his brain. Glimpses, remnants, of the night his brother died, and the vowl he made. The pain he felt, the guilt of being unable to do anything. To suffering...of letting fear hold him back. But not anymore. He wasn't the one that was destined to be afraid anymore. It was the villain's turn. And he set out to do exactly what he did to every other villain he came across before joining U.A...

Such a thing ended up being quite a simple task. And it that all came about by slowing going to reach out with his right hand, for the body of the villain before him. After all, all it'd take would be a single touch. One, slight, touch, and this villain would be flooded with a wave of fear unlike any other. He'd feel fear that would haunt even his nightmares. Bring forth a constant pulse of dread and suffering so powerful that he'd never commit such evil again unless he wished for death itself. It's the one thing (Y/n) wanted more than anything in the world, to make villains know fear unlike any other. And he was destined to continue his pilgrimage here...If it weren't for a familiar voice from behind.

"Gotta admit, Deku. That was quite the show."

But as soon as the voice of Mirko sounded, all such movement came to a halt. His body quick to spin around to face the grinning hero who stood before him. Any previous expression that rested under his mask was now gone. Instead, he simply looked on in a confused, blank state, as was the case with a few of the citizens around him who couldn't believe the sight they were witnessing right now.

"Ah, it's Mirko!"

"She's my favourite!"

"Wait. She knows this guy?"

"His name's Deku? Who's he?"

"Don't know."

"Mirko! Mirko!"

"Mirko! Let me be your slave--I mean, it's so cool to see you here!"

One by one, the responses came as the crowd began to gather more intensely. Which was rather funny, as before Mirko showed up, people didn't know what to do with (Y/n) in front of them. But the young boy wasn't so much focused on that, as he was when he turned to glance back at the groaning body of Stilt-Menace. However, before his thoughts could go anywhere, his eyes were brought back to Mirko, who smiled at him before signalling with her head for them to leave. And, as much as that disappointed the fans and citizens on the ground, that's exactly what the two heroes did. 

The two heroes taking off as police cars arrived in the distance to take Stilt-Menace away. But for the heroes, the next thing they knew, Mirko and (Y/n) were once more standing on a rooftop. This one, however, was a familiar sight. As it was the rooftop that belonged to the Shinkensen's 24/7 Gym. It was the place Mirko currently had as her home/hero agency whilst in town. With this rooftop being the only proper place the pair had for conducting results on the events they shared whilst on patrol. But right now, (Y/n) was more so focused on looking down at the street below. His mind was clouded by unknown thoughts, that was, until Mirko spoke up.

Mirko: "Ah~ Now that's what I'm talking about. I love a good morning patrol where you can fight some bad guys. Don't you?"

(Y/n) didn't respond, as he instead turned to look over his shoulder to see the aforementioned hero in the process of stretching her arms. It was due to the process of such extending muscles, mixed with sunlight and sweat, that (Y/n)'s gaze was quickly brought to the muscular appendages that Rumi owned. Though, he was quick to shake such thoughts just in time before Rumi stood back up straight.

Mirko: "Alright, now then, onto the boring stuff. Time for your rating for your process of dealing with that villain back there."

(Y/n): "Huh? Rating?"

Mirko: "Yeah, it's this boring thing I'm made to do so when I report back to U.A., they know how you went. Basically, for each event that you're being a hero, I have to rate it from an 'F' to an 'A'. With 'A' being the best, and 'F' being an...Well, you don't really want one of those."

(Y/n): "Um...Alright? So what did I get for today then?"

Mirko: [Taps chin] "Hmm. Well, going on the damage to property, including two vehicles, it'd be a 'D'; but with how quickly you took down the villain, I'd give you... A 'C'! So, not the best, but not the worst."

As soon as Mirko finished speaking, she turned her gaze back to (Y/n), eager to see his reaction. However, to her surprise, (Y/n) didn't seem disappointed by the ranking. In fact, he didn't seem much of anything. Especially going off his response.

(Y/n): "Okay, sure."

When he finished speaking, he just looked at Mirko, as if waiting for her to say something. But Mirko, she expected more from the boy. At least, that's what she expected.

Mirko: "What? That's it?'

(Y/n): "What do you mean?"

Mirko: "About the ranking! You're not upset or dejected that you got a 'C'?"

(Y/n): "No. Why should I be?"

Mirko: "Huh...I hear most students fear getting anything below a 'B' when doing this."

(Y/n): "Yeah, well, it might sound cliche, but I'm not like other students when it comes to being a hero. I don't care about ranks. So why should I care about the one's you give me?"

Clearly, Mirko was getting more and more confused by what (Y/n) was saying. This confusion led her to bring out a rather rapid reply.

Mirko: "Uh, because they can effect how your grades are? Don't you want good grades?"

(Y/n): "I don't care."

Mirko: "What? But you should. Grades are important for becoming a hero."

(Y/n): "Grades are important for schools. What's important for becoming a hero is if you have the guts to step out into those streets below and make a change."

Mirko: "But as a hero, you have to be conscious about people. Today you ruined two cars without thinking. Now, whilst certain amounts of property damage is go and accepted due to the business we're in. Schooling systems wouldn't pass what you did today as acceptable. As you could have easily avoided damage to at least one of those vehicles."

It was rather an odd scene to see Mirko act in such a manner that made her seem like she cared about grades. And honestly, as much as it surprised (Y/n), it surprised Mirko even more. She couldn't believe what she was saying, yet it was still coming from her mouth.

Mirko: "If you keep things up like that, you won't have any fans, nor will you pass other U.A. exams when they come your way."

(Y/n): "And I don't care about that. At least, to the point where I let it control my thoughts. If I don't pass an exam, that won't stop me from being a hero; or whatever title they want to give me. I don't care. I'll simply do what needs to be done."

Mirko: "So, what?" [Crosses arms] "You'll become a vigilante?"

(Y/n): "If that's what they want to call me, whatever."

Mirko: "You realize that's illegal, right?"

(Y/n): "So saving the day is illegal now? Or is it illegal because you need a licence to say you can help people. If that's the case, what are people supposed to do when they see someone get hurt? Or something bad is happening to them? They're just supposed to watch whoever it competing the crime whilst saying to themselves, 'I can't do anything because I don't have a fucking piece of plastic that says I can do something'?"

It quickly became clear to Mirko that (Y/n) was putting his heart and soul into the words he was speaking. Now, she already knew (Y/n) wasn't like others from the footage she had seen of him in the Sports Festival. And such was built further by what he said to her the first time they met. But right now, (Y/n) was only showcasing his difference more and more, and honestly, Mirko couldn't really fault him with what he was saying.

(Y/n): [Sighs] "Look...I know you're only doing your job by saying these things. But if a car or two--Or heck, dozens of cars for matter, get destroyed all so I can save one person...Just one...I'll destroy them all. Because at the end of the day, trust me when I say, those material possession, they become a whole lot less to someone when they lose something far closer to them. So...I'm sorry, Mirko, grade me what you want. But no matter what you say or grade, I'll do what needs to be done when it comes to helping those who can't help themselves."

Now, throughout her life, and time as a hero, Mirko had never been one to be speechless. She didn't like letting people think they had a foot above her. But right now, she couldn't help but say nothing. She was too contridicted by what (Y/n) was saying. That mixed with the way his (E/c) eyes looked into her own, made her come to a blank end to her thoughts. For a few seconds more, they just stared at each other. Their thoughts playing through their minds until Mirko eventually relented. A simple wave of white hair flashed before (Y/n)'s eyes, making him blink repeatedly, as Mirko dropped her head. A sharp grin finding her face when she abruptly lifted her head to look back at him.

Mirko: [Grins] "Alright then, Deku! If that's the way you wanna take it. How about we see what you're really made up of. Let's put you up against something you don't have to hold back against. That means no worrying about destroying cars or anything like that. Just full on, relentless, non-stop action. Maybe that'll pull your grades up."

Now that was something (Y/n) could get into.

(Y/n): [Grins] "Alright then. What did you have in mind?"

Mirko: "Easy...Me."

(Y/n): "I...I'm sorry?"

Mirko: "Me! You're going to fight me! I want you to fight with all your might, right here, right now, on this very rooftop. I want you to use all your strength. You can do that, right?"

(Y/n): "Uh...I...I think s--I can."

He was quick to correct his stuttering, knowing what Mirko thought about it. And it seemed she noticed such going off the grin that returned to her lips. Though, it softened into a seemingly blank expression as she stared deep into (Y/n)'s eyes. It kinda made (Y/n) nervous all over again.

Mirko: [Smiles softly] "Well then, in that case, there's only one thing left for you to do."

(Y/n): "And, um...That is?"

Mirko: "...I want you to come for me~"

(Y/n): "I'm... Sorry? I don't think I--"

BLAH!

Before he could finish speaking, however, he was immediately cut off by a heavy foot flying right for his face. The strength behind it gave off clear indication why Mirko's thighs were so muscular. But right now (Y/n) could hardly concentrate on thighs as he was now put into a One-on-one with his hero mentor. But what was he supposed to do...When she kept saying weird shit like before! Well, whatever he was supposed to say, he still didn't get any sort of idea about it even hours later, where (Y/n) and Mirko could still be seen sparring on the rooftop of Shinkensen's 24/7 Gym. By this point, the sky was shifting from the late orange glaze to the shadowy dark blue that crept into the black of the night. 

But Mirko didn't seem bothered by the hours that had gone by. She instead seemed quite focused on the current fight she had with (Y/n), and to the surprise of not many, that may be put down to the fact that she was winning. Now, sure, Mirko was a Pro Hero, so she was bound to have some upper-hand tactics to use against (Y/n). But the main thing that was crushing the boy's motivation was the speed the Rabbit Hero had. It was with this speed that Mirko was able to bounce all over the place. It was like before (Y/n) could even glance at her, Mirko had already got behind him, and once she was there, (Y/n) was left open to a powerful kick from behind that struck him in the back and sent him flying to the ground with a loud thud.

THUD!

And, of course, accompanying the thud was a loud groan from (Y/n).

(Y/n): "Argh!"

It was the only sound he could make as the side of his cheek smashed into the hard surface of the city gym roof. But this wasn't the first time this had happened. In the few hours the pair had been 'sparring' Mirko had already laid waste to the young boy over several times now. Each starting with a powerful kick, and end with (Y/n) falling to the ground. And before anyone thinks he did such on perfectly due to the bewilderment that was Mirko's toned body moving fluently through the air, you'd be wrong. Because, sure, at first, it wasn't much. But after a while, the urge to actually defeat the hero became a goal set in stone for (Y/n). 

Of course, there was no ill-will placed toward Mirko, but it was solely made prominent by the fact that (Y/n)'s dream was to stop all villains. But how could he do that when he couldn't even defeat a Pro Hero. Sure, he had gotten a few attacks in on the Rabbit Hero. But that only caused Mirko to grin further as she went back to her own attack. Though, after countless times of sending (Y/n) flying to the ground, Mirko finally seemed to be growing bored with him, going off the tone her voice carried as she spoke up from behind as (Y/n) picked his body off the concrete rooftop beneath him.

Mirko: "You know, when I did some research on you after your placement in the Sports festival, I heard you were top in your class. Fuck, you even fought villains and got away with it. Yet, now I'm wondering, if either the people in your class are just really weak; or if those villains were."

(Y/n): "And, ugh--" [Groans] "--Why would you think that?"

His words were filled with sarcasm. He already knew Mirko's answer. He just needed to release some frustrations as he lifted to a knee for the seventh time already.

Mirko: "Because you're fighting like a fucking pussy!"

(Y/n): [Panting] "I, uh...I don't think heroes should really speak like that."

Mirko: "Bitch, please. You're the one going on about how heroes are crap. What are you talking about?"

(Y/n): "Huh..." [Panting] "...Touche."

A slight nudge of his shoulders was all he gave as he finally lifted all the way to his feet. A tired look found on his face as he turned around to face Mirko, who just placed a hand on a hip as she eyed his panting body up and down. A soft, coy, yet teasing smile could be seen.

Mirko: "So what is it, (Y/n)? Were they the weak ones? Or you?"

(Y/n): [Panting] "Look. Miss Mirko. I-I don't know what you want from me? I just--"

Mirko: "I want you to hit me! That's what I want! I want to see what a true future hero looks like!"

(Y/n): "Okay...And, um, why do you exactly care about that?"

Honestly. (Y/n) wanted to know why she was so eager to fight him. Like, he got that she was more of a physical type when it came to combatting villains. But why would she be so eager to face off against him? Well, he was about to find out.

Mirko: "Listen, Rookie, when you've been posted in a shit town like this where the villains are even shitter, you're bound to want a good fight. A real good one! Trust me, I've had a few 'training sessions' with guys before; and they've all left me disappointed one way or another. I just...I just really need this, okay? I need one to get rid of this itch inside of me."

(Y/n): "Um..." [Gulps] "N-Need what...?"

Mirko: "A good fight! One that gets your blood pumping! It gets all the stress and urges of the day out with every attack you make! I used to get it all the time when I was a rookie! But lately, it's all been the same. I can't stop edging with this stupid itch inside of me. I just want to let it all out and finally release it, you know?"

(Y/n): [Blushes slightly] "I-I think so..."

Mirko: "Look, I know that's not the reason why you're here to do training. But after seeing how you fought in the Sports Festival, I...I kinda got my hopes up when I saw how relentlessly you fought your opponents. And for the first time...It got me excited. It felt like the itch inside of me was finally being satisfied. The urge deep, deep inside of me, was finally being filled. You have no idea how much I wanted it to be filled."

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "...I think I need an adult after hearing all this. She knows how she sounds rig--"

Mirko: "So I thought you could help me. But so far, I guess I was wrong! Because so far you haven't helped me one bit!"

(Y/n): "What exactly do you want me to do?"

Mirko: "I don't know! Try harder! Do something to make this fight more interesting! Oh! I know! Do that cool shit your body does with the smoke!"

(Y/n): "Huh? Smoke?"

Mirko: "Yeah! The smoke shit! You know, when green smoke starts coming out of your body and stuff! You did it earlier with the villain! You became faster and stuff. What's that? Do that?"

(Y/n): "Oh, you mean Fear Second?"

Mirko: "Yeah. Yeah. Whatever the fuck it's called! Use that on me! Maybe then this will get interesting!"

(Y/n): "Oh, um...I-I don't--"

Before he could finish, Mirko didn't hesitate to place a hand on her hip and offer a raised eyebrow toward (Y/n). That was all she needed to do for (Y/n) to take in the judgemental thought process the rabbit hero was currently going through.

Mirko: "What? Don't tell me you're gonna puss out of this fight now, (Y/n)." [Grins] "We haven't been going for that long, right~"

(Y/n): "N-No. It's not that we've being going for long, it's just--"

Mirko: "What?" [Grins and chuckles] "You scared that you'll get your butt handed to you by a girl? Ha! What? You afraid you'll get beat and won't be able to show your face to the girls back in your class?"

(Y/n): "No! No. It's not that. Really. I'm just not sure--"

He was going to say he wasn't sure it was a good idea to use it against Mirko, mainly because when he did use Fear Second against people, he kinda let his body free of his control. You see, when using Fear Second, everything about (Y/n) basically doubled. That meant his speed, his strength, his thought process, everything! It all doubled in power. But with the added boost in strength, that meant more serious damage could be done. 

But he didn't normally have to concentrate on hurting the person he was fighting because most of the people he fought were either villains. But Mirko wasn't that. And, sure, he did use it in the Sports Festival, but everything about that whole event had (Y/n)'s mind in a twisted spot. He didn't really care about what happened, as long as he won. After all, he was going up against Kaito, Shinso, and Todoroki. People who weren't exactly (Y/n)'s friends at the time, some still weren't. 

But now Mirko, someone who he considered to be a mentor and hero he liked, wanted him to use such a tactic against her just so she could relieve her...'itch'; and he didn't know what to think about it. But Mirko, she certainly did know what to think about. She knew this thing could be the exact thing she needed to help her in her current state. And with he fact (Y/n) was being hesitant about it, made her even more excited inside. What sucked was that (Y/n) was hesitant, but she had a good idea of getting him to finally relax and have some fun.

Mirko: "You know, (Y/n), if you knew you couldn't beat me. You could have just said so."

(Y/n): "I'm not--Wait. What?"

Mirko: "That's why you don't wanna go all out, right? You know that even if you do, I'll still beat you." [Giggles] "I mean, I didn't expect that from you. But it's okay."

(Y/n): "No. That's not why I don't wanna fight you, it's that--"

Mirko: "Because you're nervous."

(Y/n): "I'm not nervo--"

Mirko: "Well, you must be." [Smiles innocently] "Why else would you be afraid to fight me?"

As Mirko's sentence came to an end, the innocent smile on her face grew a wicked form underneath her skin as she witnessed the look on (Y/n)'s face in front of her. Now, despite that, (Y/n)'s look didn't really carry much expression. He kinda just stood there, looking at her. But when her smile turned into a smirk, she knew that she had finally got him right where she wanted to. And such was confirmed not long later, when Mirko could be seen standing on the opposite side of the roof. 

By this point, the night had fully embraced the sky. But she didn't care about the time. All she cared was finally relieving the tireless itch inside of her, and before the fight had even started, she could already feel it getting loose when her eyes landed on her opponent. On the other side of the roof, (Y/n), still decked in his hero costume, could be seen stretching his neck and arms. A tired look of his own landing on his face as he realized the position he somehow got himself into.

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "I honestly don't know whether I got into this position because of left over trauma from my childhood where people always presumed stuff about me and I just hate it still. Or that Mirko is just really good about getting under my skin." [Out Loud] "Are you sure you wanna do this? What I'm about to do isn't really, uh, walk in the park, you know?"

Mirko: "Ha! I could say the same thing about me, (Y/n). Though, I'm sure you already know about that after the countless times I've already kicked your butt tonight."

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "Oh, trust me...I've got a fresh memory of that."

The pain all over his body from Mirko's sparring session was definitely something he still felt, and definitely something he still didn't feel proud of. The only saving grace was the fact that she was a Pro Hero, and he was still a student. Even so, that level field was about to come a whole lot closer with what (Y/n) was about to pull out. Just the thought of it made Mirko unable to wait any more.

Mirko: "Now enough stalling! If you don't want me to go back to referring to you as Rookie, I expect you to finally scratch this itch I've got inside!"

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "Okay, come on...She's gotta know how that sounds!" [Out Loud] "Yeah. Yeah. I hear ya..."

Honestly, despite (Y/n) having a sense of respect for Mirko, he was starting to get annoyed by the Rabbit Hero. Her cockiness towards him seemed to have only grown with each time she hit him. Now, (Y/n) had already got a sense of this when he first met Mirko. But that was probably prone to her because she was a hero, and she knew how most young girls from schools were and acted. At first, (Y/n) did intend to change her mindset of such by showing her just how much of a different hero he was compared to others. But all that seemed to struggle when he got a proper look at her. 

And besides the muscular arms and thighs that seemed to make the normal teenager inside of him creep out a little too much, there was a lot about Mirko that made (Y/n) kinda struggle to keep it together. But it all reached a boiling point with how she speaks to him now. So full and confident of herself. It reminded (Y/n) of Kaito, and every other kid he had to go up against when he was younger. Now, unlike those, he knew this was just Mirko's character, and a much better taste of one compared to everyone else. But still, the competitive side within him was starting to grow the more he looked at the confident and cocky smirk she now carried in his direction.

Mirko: "What's the matter, (Y/n)? Shaking in your hero boots already~"

Her conniving words made his left eye almost tiwtch. The way she grinned at him afterwards certainly add to it. But little did Mirko know, this would be her undoing. She had poked the bear with a stick too many times now, as the saying goes, and in doing so, (Y/n) had finally moved past the hesitation he had about using his power-up. Now he was more than willing to show the Rabbit Hero just what he was made of. And he started out by offering her a serious expression as he crouched down and placed one hand on his left knee, and the other, in the form of a first, directly on the concrete beneath him.

(Y/n): "Alright, then. Enough playing around. You want me to show you what I've got? I'll do exactly that."

Mirko: "Ha! Finally! Honestly, kid, you should know not to leave a girl wait--"

(Y/n): "--But the question shouldn't be am I the one shaking in my boots? No..."

Mirko: "Huh?"

Her momentary confusion only grew when out of nowhere (Y/n) delivered a sharp smirk.

(Y/n): "If anyone's going to be shaking. It'll be you. But you won't be shaking out of anticipation like you are now."

Instantly Mirko's gaze dropped down to her legs, that could be seen doing as (Y/n) had just mentioned. Before she could even say anything, (Y/n) continued.

Mirko: [Grins] "Oh? Is that so? Well then, what exactly will I be shaking from? Hmm?"

(Y/n): "That's simple. You see, there's something you should know about me, Mirko, before you rile me up. Whereas other heroes may obey the rules when they fight someone. I'm not like them. I'll do whatever it takes to win. Even using their own fears against them. So you won't be shaking from anticipation soon enough. Instead, it'll be fear."

Mirko: "Ha! As if! What are you going to make me be scared of? I'm not some little girl, you know?"

(Y/n): "Oh, it's not mere fears I'll make you afraid of. I'm talking about making you afraid of ever thinking you can toy and tease me like you've been doing already."

Mirko: "O-Oh..."

Even the slightest sound of Mirko stuttering was enough for (Y/n)'s grin to grow. The sharp teeth of the young boy clearly seen by the now silent bunny rabbit.

(Y/n): "As soon as we first met, you thought I was just like other kids. Maybe not on a hero perspective, but deep down, you thought I could be someone who would be swayed and played with by the words you chose to say. But I'm about to prove you wrong, Mirko. Because at the end of the day, you may be a Pro Hero. But trust me, when it comes to fighting, you're nothing."

Mirko: "H...Huh?"

(Y/n): "Because I've been fighting all my life. Sure, you may have gotten the best of me earlier. But now you've done it. You kept going on about me getting into another gear, to really show you what I've got. But it's not another gear I'll be stepping into..."

That was how (Y/n) decided to end his little speech. He didn't give a full conclusion, nor did he want to. He saw the confused look on Mirko's face, and compared to the fully confident, superiority complex she had earlier, it was something (Y/n) only needed to see once to know he had her right where he wanted to. And with that, it allowed him to confidently pull his mask over his face. The glowing green from his eyes shimmering through the night, causing Mirko's body, and her rabbit ears, to stand up straight. With that, (Y/n) dug his fist further into the concrete beneath him before finally speaking the words that spelled Mirko's anticipated defeat.

"...Fear Second!"

The words of (Y/n) were all Mirko could hear. However, it was only a few seconds after his words had spoken that her eyes suddenly widened. But it wasn't in shock alone, but a course of pain. Something that was revealed when Mirko's head slowly lowered to see the green smoking fist of (Y/n) pushing deep into her toned gut. Somehow. Someway. He had moved before she had even noticed. Even more...He was able to punch her with so much force that it caused her to actually struggle to concentrate for a moment.

Mirko: [Thoughts] "He...He hit me. He actually landed a hit...on me...Before I could even see him move..."

Just thinking that alone caused chills to run down her arms. But Mirko was quick to pull herself back to reality. Quickly able to shift her body just in time to dodge the next attack from (Y/n). One which happened to be a relentless uppercut from the positon he was just in when striking her gut. But even with his Fear Second boost added, Mirko was still fast. So when (Y/n) went for the attack, all he struck was air itself. For a moment his fist remained hovering in the spot Mirko's chin was seconds ago. Eventually, it did lower. Though only as (Y/n)'s body lifted to the ground. 

As it did, it was revealed Mirko had launched herself into the air before his previous attack hit her. Now, she could be seen standing atop the entryway that led down to the gym below. It was the highest point of the building, though only a few meters off the ground of the roof. But even so, it was enough for Mirko to get a good look at (Y/n)'s dark and eerie body. One surrounded by green fog that seemingly came from nowhere. Just seeing it alone, added with the fact he managed to strike an attack on her which she didn't witness, was enough to make Mirko offer her opponent a playful grin.

Mirko: "I'll give you one thing, kid. Not many were able to get a blow on me quite like that one. So good job..." [Grins] "Though it'll be your last~"

Mirko's grin, however, did not last for long. It soon dropped when she got no response from (Y/n), instead, his head continued to remain low. She could barely see the green eyes of his mask. Eyes that now glowed with vibrant green colours. Yet, despite the glow being lighter than that of the dark green fog that came from his body, nothing about any of it brought Mirko any calmness. Honestly, she was thrown off enough by the fact (Y/n) wasn't saying a thing. Despite her best efforts.

Mirko: [Smirks] "What's the matter, (Y/n)? Was that all you've got? Don't tell me you've blown it all with one punch. You haven't...Right?"

No response came. Honestly, it was something that ticked Mirko off. Why wasn't he talking. Why wasn't her saying anything? WHY WASN'T HE TRYING TO FIGHT HER! Now, Mirko was a lot of things. But Mirko was not a patient woman. She liked things her way, and right away. But (Y/n) wasn't giving that to her, which led the Rabbit Hero to grow increasingly more frustrated. To the point, she was tired of waiting for (Y/n) to do or say anything. So she decided to do something herself.

Mirko: "Fine then! You won't say anything, so I guess I'll just beat you again!"

Her smirk remained slightly after saying those words, expecting (Y/n) to do something, at least look at her. But he didn't. He just remained in the same space he was before. But Mirko was determined on closing the gap. It was with that mindset that without anything else, she dug her feet into the edges of the entryway roof, and suddenly launched at (Y/n) with great force. Her white hair getting blown by the wind due to the fast speeds she was currently going at. The closer she got, the wider her grin grew. 

When she was finally within the vicinity of (Y/n), Mirko performed a backflip mid-air and upon coming back around, extended her foot to deliver a powerful kick to the seemingly unmoveable rookie. Though...This was where Mirko would receive her first surprise. For just as she finally released her kick to send (Y/n) crash to the ground, her eyes were suddenly force to extend when in a single blink of an eye...He disappeared. It was so quick that Mirko didn't even actually see his body move. All she knew one moment (Y/n) was there, and the next, he wasn't. 

Such caused the Rabbit Hero's kick to go straight through where (Y/n)'s body once was and smashed into the concrete flooring beneath her. But even when landing safely, Mirko didn't stop once from looking around in every direction. Eagerly searching for any sign of (Y/n), only to come up with nothing. At first, Mirko was confused and annoyed. There seemed to be no sign of (Y/n) anywhere. But after a short while of waiting for something to happen, a grin found Mirko's face. After all, she knew the exact way to bring out her little intern from his hiding place.

Mirko: "Alright. I'll admit, (Y/n). This little skill of yours is pretty handy. But all you've done so far besides getting one little attack on me, is run away. It's really been quite the bore. Which is surprising. Because last time I remember, you said you weren't like other--"

WHAM!

The loud echo of flesh striking flesh shattered the air as a flying fist came out of nowhere. With it, a powerful strike was delivered right to the cheek of Mirko, sending her to the side. For a good five meters, Mirko's body flew in the air, before narrowly managing to dig her feet into the ground before she reached the edge of the rooftop. Even so, one step backward was all it would take to send her falling. But Mirko didn't grit at the near death experience she was just given. Instead, she turned back to the direction in front of her, a large grinning covering her face as she faced off with the shadowy figure of (Y/n)'s body. With her grin remaining, Mirko proceeded to wipe a bit of blood from the edge of her lip.

Mirko: "Now that's what I'm talking about. No holding back. Most people who would be in your position right now would have held back on that punch. But you didn't. Show's your not a coward. That when you're asked of something, you won't hesitate to do it."

Across from her, (Y/n)'s steaming body, slouched slightly forward, could be seen staring right at her with his glowing green eyes. The chills she got just from looking at how strong he was was enough to get her blood pumping.

Mirko: "But it's going to take a whole lot more than that to scratch this itch. So bring me more."

And more, (Y/n) brought. For as soon as Mirko's words came to an end, the pair launched into the air at great speeds. It was like they faded out of existence itself, that's how fast they were. But in this reality, they stayed. For after the sole jump into the air, their darkened figures could be seen zooming across the countless rooftops of the city buildings that filled up the Shinkansen district. Over hundreds of meters in rooftops were traversed by the two heroes, who greeted each other in the air as they traded a fierce foray of attacks. Moves so quick that both were struggling to defend themselves. But if one was to be given the edge of it, it was (Y/n). 

A powerful drawback to his right arm, soon released like a rifle shot, cut through the air at such speeds that Mirko could only capture a glimpse at it before (Y/n)'s fist dug into her stomach once more and sent her crashing to a rooftop below. The landing was anything but nice, as Mirko's heavy-hitting body created a small dent into the roof of a hotel within the city. But despite the pain, and potential lawsuits if they were caught fighting against each other, Mirko dashed such thoughts that didn't matter to the side. Her sole focus was on this thrilling fight she currently had with (Y/n). 

Speaking of which, upon opening his eyes whilst still lying on the dented roof, the sight of the glowing fist of the aforementioned male, heading straight for her, was all it took for her to use the strength of her arms, combined with her feet, to quickly launch back up into the air. Some may think it was to avoid more damage, but Mirko just didn't want to be away from the action for so long. And she wasn't, thanks to her skilled hero moves. Before she knew it, she had rejoined (Y/n)'s position halfway from the rooftop of the hotel below. But with Mirko being forced back up, and (Y/n) having the help of gravity sending him towards her current position, the clear one out of the two right now was the rabbit hero. 

(Y/n)'s nightmare-infused attack was primed and ready to deliver another strike to her waiting body. But not wanting to be one easily taken care of, Mirko was somehow able to maneuver herself mid-air, where she used her foot to strike away (Y/n)'s fist. With his oncoming attack sent elsewhere, this left (Y/n)'s masked face wide open for an attack of Mirko's own. That attack, of course, was none other than a powerful kick to the side of his head. It wasn't the first (Y/n) had been dealt, and just like the others, it was enough for his entire body to go flying back down towards the lower streets of Shinkansen. His body carried a lifeless appearance as it headed down to the busy streets below. But within the mind of (Y/n), he was anything but out for the count.

(Y/n): [Thoughts] "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

Okay...Maybe it's not the mindset someone wants whilst in the middle of a battle. Especially with one where someone had a point to prove. But it was hard for (Y/n) to concentrate properly when his body was flying towards the ground with no sign of being able to help him until he was a few meters from the ground itself. That meant for the time being, as his body helplessly fell toward the ground, he couldn't really think of much. 

What he could think of, however, was just how strong Mirko really was. Despite the enhanced speed, and powerful strikes, he had already delivered to the rabbit hero, Mirko was still showcasing her fangs. And the way in which she was able to easily defuse (Y/n)'s previous attack, mid-air, whilst also being the one fighting against gravity, it only showcased just how powerful she really was. And also why she probably was annoyed with the other people she had fought who couldn't handle her. 

Unfortunately, he was unable to think of that for much longer, as thanks to gravity itself, his body was only seconds away from striking the hard ground below. What made it worse was that fate, for whatever twisted reason, decided to have Mirko send him flying towards a busy street below. So even if he did manage to land somehow, he'd also have to avoid traffic. But, of course, that wasn't the only problem he had to deal with.

"Oi! (Y/n)! You didn't think I was done with you, right?!"

Immediately (Y/n)'s eyes, and focus, was directed to the dark night sky directly above him. Through clouds and green fog, (Y/n) could witness the stars and the moon. But it didn't take long for him to notice a dark patch within the surface of the moon. A dark patch that continued to grow as it grew closer. Eventually, it grew close enough that (Y/n) was able to witness the large grin spread across Mirko's face. one she didn't hide as she drew her foot back, ready to end their fight once and for all. It was at this moment, that (Y/n) knew he was fucked. Because if he did somehow avoid splitting into the ground, and avoid cars for long enough to be thankful he didn't go splat, he'd also have to deal with the powerful, muscular leg, of Mirko. 

One that packed so much force that if (Y/n) didn't go splat from falling from such great heights, he'd definitely go splat thanks to just one of her powerful kicks. So, it was clear to say the odds were stacked against him. He knew that if he wanted to prove Mirko wrong, and showcase that he truly was unlike other heroes, and also hopefully stop her from teasing him, he'd need to pull a rabbit out of his hat. But with a deadly rabbit hot on his tail, he wouldn't have a lot of time. Thankfully for (Y/n), the boost from Fear Second was able to give him quick the speed needed to help slow things down even just a little bit. 

To the point that when he finally reached the ground, he was able to flick his body around so his feet would collide with the road first. Normally, such a thing would lead to broken legs, at the least. But by activating One For All in the heels and muscles of his legs, (Y/n) was able to ease the impact of his body into the street, though it did cause quite an impact in the actual street itself. Of course, this was only one problem avoided. There were still two others, and one such problem decided to make itself known when a pair of bright lights flashed before (Y/n)'s eyes. A loud honk echoed seconds after.

HONK!

The loud car horn erupted in the air, seconds before it would smash into (Y/n)'s body. Thankfully, with Fear Second still activated, a quick backflip was all it took to escape certain death. From that point on, a quick hop and a jump on the hoods and roofs of other passing cars and (Y/n)'s body was able to disappear into the dark walls of an empty alleyway. However, only a few seconds passed by before the third problem finally arrived in the exact spot (Y/n) was in the middle of the streets moments ago. And she arrived with a loud cry.

Mirko: "ARGH!"

Mirko didn't hold back from screaming as her foot slammed into the middle of the road, creating an even larger crator from the one (Y/n) made with his own feet. But like earlier, Mirko wasn't focused on damage, instead, she wanted to find (Y/n) and continue her fight. She had already been fighting him for five minutes now, and instead, she was feeling a sense of relief she hadn't felt in years. The itch was finally being scratched, and it felt incredible to the Rabbit Hero. But she needed to find him quick and continue with the action. Unfortunately, she was forced to focus elsewhere when a car to her right came to a sudden halt a mere meter from her current position. Yet, despite avoiding a car crash, Mirko still had to deal with the wraith of the driver.

"Hey! You crazy bitch! What the fuck do you think you--Oh! Mirko! I-It's you! Uh, s-sorry, I didn't know..."

Mirko: "Uh, yeah, sure, whatever citizen. Hey, you wouldn't have happened to have seen a guy in a dark green suit by any chance? Yellow scarf? Killer intent that's oh so good in his eyes?"

It was as she said this, and other cars drove on around her, that the driver began rambling. But Mirko's ears soon fell deaf to this man's talking. All mainly due to the fact that her ears had just so happened to pick up on something that was much more interesting.

"Ugh. Shit. My damn legs..."

It didn't take long for her to realize that was the voice of (Y/n), nor did it take much for her head to instantly turn to her right, where a dark alleyway could be seen. Mirko needed nothing more to put the pieces together to find out where her prey went.

Mirko: "Mmm~ So that's where you ran off to~"

Mirko's attention, however, was suddenly directed back to the guy leaning his head out of his car.

"Uh? Mirko? Is everything alri--"

Mirko: [Without looking] "Yep. Sure. Thanks, citizen. Couldn't have done any of this without you or whatever the fuck boring heroes say."

Mirko didn't even look or register the citizen properly as she crouched down before launching into the air. The single jump was all it took for her to bounce pass two rows of cars to reach the sidewalk on the opposite side. Now nothing was between her and continuing the fight other than to walk into the dark and scary alleyway where she was sure a certain monster was there to wait and grab her. Unfortunately for him, Mirko was no damsel in distress. Such a thought made her grin grow even further as she entered the dark. Before long, only the paintless image of Mirko could be seen as her toned legs stepped out one in front of the other. At this point, she decided to have more fun with her little nightmare.

Mirko: "My~ My~ (Y/n). Luring me into a dark and scary alleyway in the middle of a fight? Gotta say, with someone who's been given a speed boost, I thought you would have been smarter and taken me to a more clear environment where you'd be able to use it."

Of course, no response came, even as Mirko ventured further into the dark.

Mirko: "I guess you have a lot more to learn than I first thought." [Frowns] "Gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed. I thought you were this pretty cool kid, then you go and start stuttering and do something like this? I thought more of you kid..." [Grins wickedly] "But that's alright, maybe another round of getting your butt kicked by me will help!"

Just the idea of the fight got Mirko's blood pumping, and the desire inside of her body to grow increasingly. The itch was only now begging more to be scratched. But what was she to expect after getting a taste of it. Mirko became so focused on scratching this itch that she decided to fuck the walking and jump instead. With expert provision, Mirko jumped from wall to wall, ricocheting her body from one pillar of stone to the next, as she ventured further into the dark corners of the alleyway. It wasn't long, however, until she reconnected with the ground. 

Mirko now stood far from the sidewalk where the busy street was. Countless corners had been turned until she finally reached her current point, standing before a brick wall that blocked her path. But what annoyed her the most wasn't that her path was blocked, but the fact she had ventured through this miniature maze and had yet to find any sign of (Y/n). To make matters worse, her itch was starting to get bad. Like really bad! Here she was, wanting nothing more than a good damn fight, which she had already been given a taste of, and now (Y/n) was hiding away like a little bitch. Thankfully for Mirko, she knew how to get him out to play.

Mirko: "You know, now that I think about it. You hiding in the shadows is your kinda deal, isn't it? I mean, I guess I kinda got a taste of it from watching your footage in the Sports Festival. But after doing some more digging, I heard your Quirk is nightmares, right?"

Whilst focusing on nothing in particular, Mirko still found strength to keep her grin as she repeatedly spun around slowly. As she did, she continued to speak, and continued to work (Y/n) up until he finally showed himself.

Mirko: "So what exactly is your plan here, (Y/n)? You're going to wait until I've dropped my guard, then you'll scare me with some nightmare? Is that the plan? Because it must be. I mean, why else would you bring me into a place like this?"

Her final remark came with a clear growth in the volume of her voice. As she spoke, she stretched out her arms and looked out to the pitch black wall of darkness right in front of her. She didn't notice before. But during her energetic bounces from wall to wall, the place she now found herself was rather dark. And the way she had just come from was even darker. Such meant she was unable to actually see the way she had went. 

And in a way, it made her slightly uneased. Add in the growing silence and Mirko was starting to become even more annoyed with (Y/n). All she wanted him to do was come out and let her punch him. But just went she was beginning to think that'd take much longer than originally thought, Mirko's heart was given a skip when the voice of the aforementioned male spoke out abruptly. 

"You're right about a lot of things, Mirko. But there's something you're not seeing."

It didn't take much for Mirko's body to immediately become overran with chills. The aftereffect of having to hear (Y/n)'s much darker voice from wearing his mask. Sure, she had heard it before. But that was when they were fighting villains, not playfully sparring with one another. And with her current location, and the itch inside of her, the two emotions clinging together left the Rabbit Hero even more uneased. 

She was anrgy, annoyed, frustrated, and needy. And (Y/n) wasn't helping, but even so, Mirko knew what he was trying to do. He was trying to scare her. To use the shadows and the dark to his advantage. But as she claimed before, she was no damsel in distress. So with her best effort, she blatantly faced a random direction filled with shadows and acted as if nothing was effecting her.

Mirko: "Oh, yeah? So you're saying out of the two of us, the actual Pro is the one that got something wrong? And what's that, (Y/n)?"

"That's simple. You said I made the mistake of bring you in here. That my speed boost would do nothing to help me in such tight spaces."

Somewhere in the shadows, a glimmer of green glossing over an eye could be seen. One focused on the face of Mirko. One that remained unphased, with her smirk still seen.

"...And then you just presume that my plan to bring you into this dark and narrowed place was to scare you. And all because my quirk is based around Nightmares."

Mirko: "You're saying I'm wrong?"

"I'm saying you jumped the gun. And honestly, I thought you were this pretty cool hero, then you go and start presuming you know everything without thinking about it in the first place? I thought more of you, Mirko..."

Mirko didn't know what annoyed her more. The fact her itch still hadn't been properly scratched, or the fact that (Y/n) was using her own words against her. In the end, it annoyed her enough to the point she dropped her smirk and now crossed her arms.

Mirko: "What's your point? Even so, I still know you're here."

"You do. But where? I could be anywhere. I could be behind you..."

The sound of a brick falling to the ground echoed instantly from behind Mirko, leading her to quickly spin around only to be greeted by the blank surface of the aforementioned wall the brick had just fallen from.

"Hehe. Gotta admit. For someone so headstrong, that was a rather cute jump you made then."

The chuckle in his voice was enough to finally snap Mirko.

Mirko: "Argh! That's it! Just hurry up and come out of the shadows AND SCRATCH MY DAMN ITCH, YOU ROOKIE!"

Mirko's voice was loud and full of urgency. She yelled in every direction she could until silence fell from her mouth. Once it did, Mirko's was yet again left alone with the thoughts in her head. That was until the voice of (Y/n) spoke out once more.

"...You still don't get it, do you? You're so eager to fight, that you, a Pro Hero, forgot the most important thing about being a hero. You talk about me not knowing as much as you. That I make mistakes here and there. But you...You haven't even noticed your own mistake."

Mirko: "And what's that?"

"...The fact you walked into this dark, narrowed, world, and yet all you can do is presume I made the mistake. But did you ever once think that the person who made the greatest mistake here wasn't me, Mirko...But you?"

(Y/n)'s words at this very moment packed an aura with them that Mirko couldn't quite sense, but what she could sense was the growing smirk on the young boy's lips, one that cut through the shadows themselves. But Mirko was given nothing more than the sound of a boot rubbing against a stone surface before out of nowhere (Y/n)'s body launched from the darkness, at the random direction from the side. Mirko's eyes quickly widened as she twisted her head, witnessing the sight of (Y/n)'s glowing green fist and eyes heading right for her. But instead of striking Mirko down, (Y/n)'s body instead went flying straight past. 

As it did, Mirko tried to follow it. But as (Y/n) went flying past, he quickly spun his body around, and used the strength in his legs to push off the ground. All came about at amazing speeds that Mirko could hardly keep track of. The easiest way to describe it all was that (Y/n)'s body had now become a living pinball. One that bounced from one wall, to the ground, to another wall, and all over again. He was going so fast that he almost appeared in every single direction Mirko was looking. But just when she thought all he was doing was bouncing all over the place, out from nowhere a powerful right hook jabbed her in the arm. 

The strike was enough to send her shuffling to the side. But what made the realization that she was complete screwed was when before her body had even stopped from the previous movement, (Y/n) had already appeared on her opposite side and punched her again as he bounced off another wall. This time the left side of her face was struck with a powerful attack, one that caused her body to spin in place. And such, her prison was made. Mirko could do nothing but stand there as (Y/n) came from all directions and punched, kicked, and outright owned Mirko in the moment. Now, she tried to fight back. 

But every time she went to jump out of the narrowed space, she was struck back down by (Y/n)'s quickening body. The sight alone, of a green blur dashing all over the place like a ball on steroids was a sight Mirko knew she wouldn't be forgetting any time soon. Even so, Mirko couldn't help but smile as she clenched her fist and went to fight back nonetheless. It was the sight of this clenched fist, and grin on her lips, that Mirko kept as she stood in place like a stone statue. Even with the strikes here and there knocking her sideways, Mirko managed to relatively stay in the same place. Managing to indure the knocks and jabs. 

All so when her ears finally picked up (Y/n)'s next set of thundering movement, Mirko was able to finally release the powerful roar from the bottom of her lungs. Along with it, she brought around her clenched fist. With all her might, Mirko used it to cut through the air. Her eyes narrowed sharply as (Y/n) and his own fist came flying towards her. It soon became clear that the final mark between Pro Hero and Rookie was about to be met. And all as their loud screams came to combine.

Mirko: "AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!"

(Y/n): "AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!"

The looks of conflict on the faces of both Mirko and (Y/n) were present for only the other to see. Mainly thanks to (Y/n) pulling back his mask for the final strike. But in doing so, both Mirko and (Y/n) were able to see the frustration, anger, but most importantly, respect, in the eyes of the person opposite them. It was due to this respect that neither one held back anything as the final collision was released. Yet amongst these looks of pure determination, Mirko couldn't help but grin just slightly as her hand cut through the air. After all, no matter what happened after this punch was delivered. No matter who won or lost. 

Mirko could at least happily say, that despite previous doubts, her itch had finally been satisfied. Something no one else had managed to do for her before (Y/n) came along. And the confirmation of such a thing happening could be seen about forty minutes later, where with a final jump, (Y/n) boosted body launched high into the air before coming down to safely land on the rooftop of the Shinkansen 24/7 Gym. Not a word was spoken as the young boy gently leaned down to place Mirko's body against the door of the entryway that led to the gym below. A tired, sweating, yet smiling face could be seen as she looked up to the young boy. 

Who had just carried her for a good several hundred meters in his arms as he bounced from rooftop to rooftop? Now, did (Y/n) plan on doing that when he first fought her? No. But after everything that happened, he only found it to be the only option, especially when Mirko claimed she couldn't walk after their fight had finally come to an end. Now, he stood before her sweating, muscular body, a slight blush on his face as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. It didn't take much for the events of what went down to playback through his mind once more. However, he, himself, wasn't able to think about them for much longer as with the release of Fear Second, (Y/n)'s own body dropped to the ground seconds later.

--A Few Days Later--

[Your POV]

(Y/n): "...Ugh! Ah! F-Fuck..."

Groans left my mouth with each twist my neck made. Honestly, it was annoying at first, but now it was just irritating beyond belief. Then again, guess I shouldn't really be surprised. When using Fear Second, my body moves at a speed unlike any normal person would. Which means my neck moves just as quickly as the rest of my body. Now, normally that isn't a problem. But with how quick Mirko is herself, even using Fear Second sometimes struggled to catch up with her movements. Such, of course, led to constant twists and turns of my neck, and whilst it wasn't as bad the other night, it certainly was starting to pile up on pain with activities I've been finding myself forced into every night. 

Then again, I guess it kinda is all my fault that I'm hurting so much. After all, when I first used Fear Second against Mirko, I thought it'd just be a one-and-done thing. I'd simply give myself a boost, enough where I could finally best Mirko in training, and get her to stop the teasing with me. Of course, as it always is with me, things weren't exactly the easiest to deal with. Now, did I beat Mirko that night a few days ago? Yes. I did. And I rather enjoyed it. Though, apparently not as much as Mirko. You see, just the mere inclusion of Fear Second was enough to get me onto a level where I managed to not only keep up with Mirko in battle but also get the edge. Something I couldn't do beforehand. Just goes to show how powerful Fear Second is for an upgrade when I need it most. 

However, I was beginning to regret using it at all, when I finally beat Mirko and saw her sitting on the ground, leaning against the closed door that led to the gym below, with her head hanging down. I couldn't see any facial expressions due to the white hair in her face. But with the lack of sounds she was making, I was worried that I genuinely hurt her. And despite the teasing she did, I didn't want to hurt her whatsoever. This was all it took to cut off the smirk that was previously on my face, as I dashed to her side. Only after I managed to find strength in my own body, of course. Nevertheless, I was only able to get a few words out, however, before I came to realize that Mirko wasn't hurt, nor was she mad or upset that she lost. In fact...She was kinda happy about it? 

Of course, she didn't like the fact she lost. But the matter in which she found someone who was able to best her, let alone in such a heated and quick-thinking battle type. So this led to Mirko abruptly lifting her head up to me and showcasing the largest smile I had ever seen on the Pro Hero's face. A smile that showcased whilst she hated to lose, that she was able to finally have that, um...itch...inside of her scratched. This, of course, left me in an awkward spot momentarily. But I was just honestly glad that I hadn't hurt her, and that she was still able to smile after everything. Though, my own half smile at that moment definitely wouldn't have remained for as long if I knew what satisfying Mirko's itch meant for me a few days later.

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

Over and over again, that same sound played through my ears. And honestly, I think the amount of torment it was causing me on the inside was slowly starting to creep onto my face. At least, that's what I was starting to think going off the slightly frightened and concerned looks on the faces of the people who walked passed me. You see, I was currently walking through the streets of Shinkansen, nowhere near Mirko or the Gym rooftop which had become a constant for me recently! ...Yet I was still being haunted by it. And by haunted, I mean the constant text messages. But that's exactly what the sound that continues to play through my ears was. 

Text messages...from Mirko. Now, when I first gave my number to her, she said it was for whilst I was in town on internship, which I understood. Little did I know it'd be used for her to constantly text me as her sparring booty call. Yeah, I, um...I was a little hesitant on using that name, but honestly, that's kinda what it was. Because, to my surprise, the mere fact that I was able to beat Mirko in a one-on-one fight, whilst simultaneously taking care of her 'itch', I somehow ended up making Mirko hooked on the fact that I could do such a thing. 

So, you could only imagine the surprise on my face when the exact day after I had fought her using Fear Second, Mirko had asked me to fight her once more. Now, at first, I was fine with that. I mean, I was her intern, so maybe she had some advice for me. So as night rolled around once more, after a day of heroics in the streets, I found myself facing Mirko once more. Though, when I went to fight, she just looked at me like I was doing something wrong.

--Two Days Ago: Shinkansen's 24/7 Gym Rooftop--

Mirko: "Uh...? What are you doing?"

(Y/n): "Huh? What do you mean? I thought we were sparring again?"

Mirko: "Um. Not like that you're not."

(Y/n): "I, um..."

I honestly didn't now what to say. All I could do was offer her a raised eyebrow as I looked myself up and down. I didn't see anything wrong. Yet, for Mirko, something clearly was. And as time picked up, she was starting to get impatient, going off the rapid footsteps she was giving as the grip from her crossed arms tightened. Eventually, she just blurted it out.

Mirko: "Just do the thing already!" [Mutters silently] "...I'm getting impatient."

(Y/n): "Huh? What are you talking about?"

Mirko: "You know...The thing! The thing with your body!"

(Y/n): "My...Body?"

Mirko: "The smokey thing! You know! When you get all hot and steamy and move really quick!"

(Y/n): [Blushes slightly] "Oh..." [Thoughts] "Did she really have to say it like that?"

Mirko: "Look! I don't know what it's called! Just do the thing again and let's fight! My itch is starting to grow again, so...Hurry up!"

(Y/n): "Y-Your itch?" [Shakes head] "I thought I just needed to fight you like that once?"

Mirko: "What? No! Pfft! I've had that itch for years, and only now I was able to scratch it. You honestly think that'd be a one-and-done thing?"

(Y/n): "Um... I-I don't know? Yes...?"

Mirko: "Yeah, well, you thought wrong, (Y/n). Now hurry up! Do the smokey thing and let's fight!"

--Present--

I didn't need anything else other than to look into the eyes of Mirko to know that anything I wanted to say, would be pointless. When she was determined for something, all I could do was agree if I wanted things to move along. So...I did. For that night, and the night after, totally all into three nights, I was basically forced to use Fear Second to fight Mirko and soothe her, um...itch. Y-Yeah, I don't think I'm going to call it that anymore. Still! It seems that my greatest mistake was wanting to put Mirko in her place. Because now all she texts me about is how and where we should meet up to fight later that night. And tonight was no different. 

Mirko made it clear that every night after we finished fighting villains, we'd meet up on the Gym rooftop and train, one-on-one. Normally, that wouldn't be a bother. But when she was texting me constantly about how she was excited to fight tonight, and other things along those lines, it kinda made her appear to be a clingy girlfriend. Yet, take away the girlfriend part, more so a clingy hero buddy. And that wasn't fun either! Thankfully, I was finally able to get some time away from her. As I'd normally be with her right now, fighting crime. But I had told Mirko that I needed to go meet my dying grandpa in hospital. That was a lie. 

I was actually on my way to meet the hero All Might was talking about me meeting, Gran Torino, the one who knew about One For All. Now, I tried to tell Mirko about going to see a hero. But I wasn't even able to get his name out before she looked at me like a girl who thought she was being cheated on. So...I was forced to lie and say I was going to meet my dying grandpa. And in a way, I guess that's not far from the truth. I mean, this Gran Torino guy was a pro hero when All Might was young. So surely he was getting up in age. But still, the idea of having to balance two separate lives whilst doing this internship was a stress unlike any other. 

I pretty much had two lives. One as (Y/n), a hero with a nightmare qurik being interned under by Mirko. And the other as All Might's successor. It was convoluted beyond a point. But honestly, I would be lying if I said I was wondering what this Gran Torino looked like. I mean, going off All Might's description, he seemed pretty scared of the guy. And when you've got a strong guy like All Might afraid of someone, it's definitely worth at least being cautious...

...Yet, no matter how cautious I may have been beforehand. I was nowhere near prepared for what i was about to go through when I finally met Gran Torino. The first few moments of opening that door to his home was like being flooded with a thousand details at once. But the one thing that stood out the most, from all of it, was when he gave me a set of words that hit me like a ton of bricks. Words that'd reshape my life presumably. Words like no other...

"From this point on... I forbid you from using your original Quirk!"

[And there we have it! Chapter 26 is done! Over 15k words for you all, to hopefully make up for the lack of uploads lately. But the whole point of this chapter was to kickstart constant uploads once more! And as mentioned in this chapter kinda, this chapter was basically one side of a coin. On one side, you have (Y/n)'s life as wanting to keep his promise to Izuku, and training under Mirko. Whilst the other side is his life with One For All, and training under Gran Torino. This chapter was Mirkos side, the next will be Gran Torino's. And going off the final remark in this chapter, I'm sure you'll wanna see how that one goes! Now, there was a point of me that thought I could squeeze things together and actually finish the Stain ARC in two chapters. But I realized all of that would be rushed, and I don't want to do that to this story. 

So I've decided to take things at my own pace, and hopefully, they mesh well together. Because sometimes writing these chapters, with such great word lengths, it feels from a writing point that not actually a lot in done. And I go more into detail, then progress the story. But I feel that sometimes I have to do that, to make each chapter better. And besides, a chapter like this one has its own story in the middle of it. And that's to progress, and develop, Mirko. And I feel that chapter did what it was set out to do. So hopefully you all think the same, and enjoyed this chapter. If you did feel free to vote and leave your thoughts. For, as the last chapter did great on comments and reads, it was pretty slow votes wise. And I hope that I can kickstart it back into an extra gear and bring you all something you can really enjoy and look forward too! So thank you everyone nonetheless. I hope you enjoyed! And I hope to see you all again next week for another chapter!!!]

[Authors Note: I will be busy at work this coming week, and the week after I'm going on Holiday to see a concert. Now, whilst things may be busy, I will still try to upload chapter for this book and my others. Just wanted you all to know. Thanks!]

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

19.4K 450 13
Izuku Midoriya has always wanted to become a hero despite being quirkless. He admired every hero he came across but he admired one more than the othe...
629K 15.1K 79
80% of the world is born with quirks but not izuku. He's one of the lucky 20% that has no powers. He lives his life hoping to be a hero but once his...
58.4K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
90.5K 4.2K 65
SECOND BOOK OF THE SINS OF THE FATHER. - Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his...