Oh, So Now You Want Me?

Autorstwa BlackDrop

Rainie Harper was like every other wolf who dreamed of finding her mate. A mate who loved her and made her s... Więcej

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five - Mason's POV
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight - Mason's POV
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven - Mason's POV
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen - Mason's POV
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty - Mason's POV
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three - Part One
Chapter Thirty-Three - Part Two
Chapter Thirty Four - Mason's POV
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty - Part One
Chapter Forty - Part Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

354K 7.2K 1K
Autorstwa BlackDrop

Please read @Fanganator story guys  http://www.wattpad.com/story/1930602-the-privy-lake-watty-awards-2013

And also a shout out to @AlexPirkle for being absolutely awesome, please check out those stories too =D

This chapter is dedicated to the beautiful and awesome @xo_Lov3Brii for being such a sweetheart who gives me super support with every chapter!

Chapter Thirty Two

"Mom!" What the hell was she thinking?

Jumping up from the couch, Mason's arms wrapped around my waist before I could move anywhere.

"Rain, don't." His voice vibrated against my ear, but I wasn't paying him any attention. My eyes were glued to what was happening in front of me.

Nicky and Alpha Vermont were around my mom in seconds, Nicky holding her back and Alpha Vermont positioning himself in between her and Alpha Tom. "How can you do this to us?" My mom yelled. "I won't let you. I won't let you take our daughter to be killed!"

Her words sent my stomach plummeting to the floor and suddenly it became all too obvious what her outburst was about. This was never going to be the easiest thing to talk about and I had thought my Alpha would have been more understanding of that when he told her.

Obviously not.

With her back to me, I could see her whole frame shaking with anger. Nicky may have towered over her, but that wasn't stopping her from trying to break away from him. "How could you do this?" Swinging her arms out in front of her, Alpha Tom took a step back further away.

I was seconds away from fainting from shock and I was pretty sure it was because of Mason holding me up that I hadn't fallen to the floor yet. "Stop it, mom." Tom may have been a good friend to us, but he was still our Alpha and like any other, he didn't take too kindly to disrespect.

My attention had been so focused on my mom; I hadn't even considered taking in Alpha Tom's expression. Despite his calm, relaxed pose and steady breathing, there was a fire blazing in his eyes. "You know your place in this pack, Louise." There was no blood spilled, but looking at the red shading, there would be one hell of a mark left on his cheek. "I respect you as a member of my pack and as a mother, but Rainie is our Beta and it is her duty to stand beside us in any fight."

There's nothing worse than angering a woman already scorned and that's exactly what he was doing. I could feel the fury his words caused rolling off her in waves, I was sure everyone could. Daring to take a step forward, Mason's arms that were now completely circling my body, tightened.

"Duty?!" She screamed. "She's a sixteen year old girl for goodness sake. It's her duty to go to school, hang out with her friend and go on dates with cute boys, not to die in a fight that has nothing to do with us."

"Louise, you have to understand this isn't easy for any of us." Delilah took a step in front of Tom, probably in an attempt to calm everything. "We've all got children who are going to have to go into this, the best thing we can do is prepare them for what they will face." Her soothing words didn't do anything to ease the unbearable tension in the room, nor did it do anything to calm the raging woman in front of her.

My mom looked just about ready to burst. Her fists were curled at her sides as her shoulders rose and fell with her heavy panting. "Louise, please honey, calm down." My dad looked like he had been punched in the stomach. His face, that minutes ago held a smile, was now scrunched in pain. Rushing across the living room towards her, he pushed Nicky away and immediately wrapped his arms around her from behind. "Please Lou-Lou." 

Despite her body noticeably easing up from the mere touch of her mate, she was still beyond fuelled by anger. Turning to face my dad, I saw the hurt and disbelief in her eyes. "You're okay with this?" She asked, her voice a little breathless as if the wind had been knocked out of her and a look of complete shock on her face

"Of course not," My dad gripped her waist tighter, pulling her into his body. Had this been any other day, I would have told them to get a room. "The thought of my child going into a fight makes me feel sick, bu-"

Not giving him the chance to finish his sentence, my mom pushed him away from her, a quiet cry could be heard from her wolf in protest. "But nothing Brian. This hasn't got anything to do with us. This is your problem." Every drop of anger in her body was now directed fully towards Delilah. "Not once have we ever had problems with another pack, never and now you want us to fight your battle. For what? What could be worse than losing our own children? Your pack is obviously more important to you than your son is, you're disgusting. How can you even call yourself a mother?"

The throat ripping growl from Alpha Tom caused me to flinch back into Mason and silenced everyone. "That's enough. I won't accept this Louise; you will not disrespect your Luna in that way. This is no easier for us than it is for you, but this is our life and our duty. It is what we are. I understand this is difficult for you, for you both," He added, briefly shifting his eyes to my dad. "But you will not continue your attack on my wife without consequences and I highly doubt you want to face those." 

The thought of possibly dying didn't fill me with happiness, but he was right. It wasn't about being a mom or dad, or a daughter, every member of the pack was our family and we had to fight for each other. Whoever the fight was against, for whatever reason, it was what we had to do. Being the Beta of this pack only wrote that in stone. "I have to do it." My words and shaky voice sliced through the silence.

Squeezing Mason's hands to let him know I was okay, I stepped away from him and closer to my mom. She hadn't turned to face me, but I could see she had frozen and every part of her body had tensed from my words. Moving around her so that I could see her face, I almost wished I would have stayed in the safety of Mason's arms.

Her eyes were filled with tears and cheeks were dusted with a red blush. With lips pressed into a thin line, she kept her gaze behind me on Alpha Tom. There was no way she wouldn't have take his threat as serious as it was meant, but what worried me was that she was going to ignore it anyway.

Reaching out, I took hold of her hand in mine. "Mom, the fight isn't something any of us want, but we have to do it. I have to and I want to."

After a few seconds of silence, her eyes finally met mine. "You already knew?" Her words were a low whisper, portraying the hurt she felt.

I didn't want to upset my mom more, but I couldn't lie to her. "Mason told me." I said. 

"Mason told you?" Sara's voice broke through our conversation.

Before I could correct myself - I didn't want Mason to get into any trouble either - he had already spoken. "Of course I told her." He snapped at his mom. "Why the hell wouldn't I? She's expected to fight for something that she didn't even know had happened."

"Son, she would have been told when the time was right." Alpha Peter said firmly.

Mason scoffed at his father's words. "And you think this is it," waving his arms, he moved to stand just behind my mom, "this is really the best way to tell her mom she's going to fight?"

"Please, just leave it Mason." I begged in the hope he would listen. The last thing anyone needed right now was an argument between Mason and his dad.

Alpha Peter's voice was controlled, but it didn't hide the authority he was speaking with. "Miss Harper is right, this is no place to discuss this any further."

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Mason's lips lift into his signature one sided smirk and I knew he was going to do anything, but listen to his dad's order. "Please Mason." His attention immediately snapped to me. "Don't do this right now."

With a slight nod, he took a step back. You're lucky you're so damn cute, little kitten. The hint of laughter to his voice relaxed some of the built up tension in my stomach and I was thankful to him for that.

"Mom, listen to me." I lifted both of her hands that were still wrapped tight in mine and held them against my chest. "Everything's going to be okay. Richard is one of the best trainers any pack has and he will make sure I'm ready. I know this isn't our fight, but that's what a pack is, right? We defend each other and we stand by each other, that's what you and dad always told me. I know you're scared and so am I, but we're all going to be okay and when the fight is over we won't ever have to worry about it again. Then I can be a normal sixteen year old again and go on dates." My attempts at trying to lighten the mood failed.

No one moved an inch and nobody spoke, for minutes my mom and I just stood staring at each other, then pulling her hands out of my grasp, she took a step back. "I want you all to leave." Her voice broke with her last word and the tears ran freely down her face. With a final look at me, she turned on her heels and left the room, leaving us all standing in silence.

* * *

To say things were uncomfortable was an understatement. My dad didn't stay in the room for much longer; he excused himself and left, probably wanting to comfort his wife instead of saying here and having a pointless conversation where everyone was refusing to say what they really wanted to. 

Pretty much the second my mom left the room, Nicky pulled me to him. "She'll be okay Rainie, she just needs some time to get used to it." His words were of little reassurance. I knew my mom and I knew this wasn't something she was just 'get used to'.

Pulling me down on the couch beside him, he kept tight hold of my hand. "I apologise for my abruptness, Rainie." Alpha Tom said, coming to stand in front of me. "Delilah was right; it shouldn't have been done this way."

The not so subtle grunt from Mason didn't go unnoticed by Alpha Tom. "Is there something you want to say Mr Vermont?"

With a shrug of his shoulders, Mason relaxed back against the wall, folding his arms over his chest. "You're saying you're sorry, but you're not. You couldn't care whether she's upset or not. All you care about is protecting your precious wife."

"Mason!" Alpha Peter and I said together.

Shifting his eyes to me quickly, he continued to stare at Alpha Tom. "You're not protected by your future title Mr Vermont and if I was you, I'd keep that in mind."

"My future title of Alpha doesn't matter, what does matter is the safety of your pack and if I was you, I'd keep that in mind." Mason was taunting Alpha Tom and everyone could see that.

"Mason, what is wrong with you?" His mother asked, visibly shocked at her son's outburst.

That smirk remained and I didn't know whether I wanted to kiss it off his face or slap it off. "I'm saying what no one else is. Coming here for a friendly dinner was a lie, Rain should have been the one to tell her own mom and it definitely shouldn't have just been dropped into a conversation."

I caught Nicky shifting from one foot to the other out of the corner of my eye, obviously reeling from the way Mason was speaking about his family. He and Mason weren't exactly best friends and I was pretty sure both of them waited for any excuse to start an argument.

"I understand your concern for Rainie and her family, but this is our pack's business and it will stay that way." Alpha Tom said in complete control of his temper.  

Pushing himself off the wall, Mason took a few steps closer to us and more noticeably, closer to Tom. "It was your idea to involve us in this fight so that makes it our business."

"Since when did you gibe a damn about Rainie?!" Nicky's voice bellowed out across the room. Stealing a quick glance in his direction, I could see his body practically rattling. "Wasn't it only a few weeks ago you treated her like she was nothing?" Mason didn't reply which only encouraged Nicky more. "Yeah, that's what I thought. You think by speaking up you're some kind of knight in armour? You're a joke."

I was almost certain it wasn't only my mouth hanging open at that point. I knew I had to say something, but I couldn't. Having absolutely no idea what to do, I hesitantly took a step forward, but was quickly stopped by a glare shot at me from Nicky. Don't get involved in this, Rainie.

Nicky's voice seeped through my mind link and in seconds was circling around my head. You're making this worse, just please leave it.

I won't stand for him speaking about my mom like that or disrespecting my dad. Despite the obvious rage he was in, his voice when speaking to me was nothing but calm and collected. It almost had me wondering if that was a trait all future Alphas had to have. 

Nicky you can do this another time. This isn't about you or your family or the problem you've got with Mason, this is about my mom finding out her daughter is going to fight. Unlike the professional tone Nicky had with me, I sounded like a crazy banshee.

His eyes flashed to mine and I held his stare. I don't have a problem, I hate him because of what he did to you. That was a lie, I could hear it in his voice.

You've always hated him. My own anger bubbled inside of me. How could he put this on me? Don't use me as an excuse because you're looking for one to hate him even more.

Mason's voice drowned out any words Nicky was about to say. "Still screwing your abacus, pup?" His snigger rang loud in my ears.

Knowing Nicky as well as I did, his next movement didn't have to be guessed. Within seconds, I jumped in front of Mason - who clearly found the whole situation amusing - and held out my hands. "Nicky!" I wasn't the only one standing in his way. Alpha Tom and Peter had also rallied around the guys.

"What's up, pup?" Mason continued to taunt him, but the smirk was no longer sat on his lips, it had been replaced by a penetrating glare. Taking steps forward, he held up his hands to show there was no threat and leaned over my shoulder, his chest pressing against my back.

With his faces mere inches away from Nicky, he lowered his voice to a whisper making it almost impossible for anyone else to hear. "Don't ever doubt how much I care about this girl." A quiet growl rumbled in the back of his throat. "Ever."

With the final touch of his hand against the small of my back, Mason stalked out of the room and out of the door, the sound of it clicking shut telling me he had gone.  

* * *

As soon as my body settled in the soft, comfortable bed I could feel sleep creeping up on me. With a dull ache in my head and a pain behind my eyes, I brought the covers over my face and buried myself in the clean smell of soap, letting it wash over me.

I wanted nothing more than for this day to be over and I was close to begging for sleep to take me, when a fist tapped against my door. Groaning and pushing back the covers, I called out to whoever it was that had disturbed me from my comfort. Half a second later my mom's face peered from behind the door. "Did I wake you?"

"No." I said, sitting up in my bed and calling her over. "Are you okay?" She wasn't and that was obvious, but I didn't know what else to say to her.

Perched on the edge of my bed, her hands sat in her lap and her head was bowed. "I don't want to lose my child and certainly not for something that doesn't concern us." The sadness in her voice was evident and the heartbreak written all over her face was obvious.

"You won't lose me, mom." I wanted it to reassure her, but I knew it wouldn't. "When it's time to fight, we'll be prepared for it. Richard's a great trainer, he won't leave us with nothing and he won't let us go into a fight with weaknesses. You know he won't."

I wasn't lying about Richard, there was a reason he was our pack's trainer. However, I also knew that if I wanted to get out of the fight alive I would have to start training with the rest of the pack and the Harbor Pack. I had probably missed out on so much because of this stupid heat, but whether I had to deal with unmated wolves or not, I would have to go.    

After a minute or so she looked over at me. "Do you really want to fight, Rainie?" It wasn't the question that caught me off guard, it was the way she asked me it. "I understand that as Beta you feel you have a duty, but you don't. Not really." The hope that I was going to say no was clear in her eyes.

"Yes I do have a duty mom," Moving closer to her, I wrapped my arms around her. "I also want to fight. I had never been as scared as I was when Mason told me what would happen, but there was no doubt that I would be a part of it. That never even crossed my mind." Causing my mom to hurt even more wasn't what I wanted, but she was the kind of woman who appreciated the truth and that was what I was giving her. "I want to fight for this pack, for you and for dad. Even if it has nothing to do with us, if I can protect you and I want to do that."

The ghost of a smile crossed her lips. "They were right to choose you, Rainie. You'll be a wonderful Beta sweetheart and you make your father and me very proud." Wiping away a tear that hadn't spilled yet, she lifted my hand to her mouth and kissed it. "If this is what you want to do, then I will support you all the way, even if I hate the idea."

"I love you mom, you know that, right?" I kissed her cheek. "And tell dad I love him for persuading you." Having my mom say all of that to me, has my dad written all over it.

Receiving a small smile, she squeezed my hand and stood from the bed. "I love you, darling." Just as she was about to close the door behind her, she popped her head around, "Oh and Mason seems like a nice boy." With a wink, the door clicked shut before I could say anything.

What did she mean by that?

"Oh my God." I whispered to myself. Did she know about Mason? Did she know he was my mate? No, she couldn't. Why would she say that if she didn't? No, I was being stupid, of course she didn't know. I scolded myself for over thinking and settled back into bed. Maybe she just liked him, after all he was nothing but polite to her and my dad, that's probably what she meant. It crossed my mind that it was a good thing they didn't see what happened between him and Nicky or there'd be no way that they would think he was such a nice guy.

Trying for the second time to shut out the world around me and fall into a dream-filled sleep, I was once again woken, but this time by the sound of my wolf's quiet voice inside of me. She understands why you have to do it.

I smiled at her attempts to make me feel better. Alpha Tom shouldn't have told her like that. He should have let me do it.

You wouldn't have been able to. My wolf was sometimes a pain, but I knew she was right about that. After seeing the look on her face when she found out, I'm glad I wasn't the one who put it there.

She liked Mason. I smiled when I heard the purr from my wolf settle in my chest.

Feeling the slight pang in her heart, I knew she was missing him just as much as I was. He really is trying to make up for everything he did to us. She told me. He regrets it all, I can feel it.

I didn't doubt her, I may not have been able to feel it like she could, but I could see the difference in him. The way he spoke to me, the way he acted, his honesty, everything about the new Mason had me believing every word she said.

Then a thought came to me and before I could decide whether it was a good idea or not I had spoken. Call out to him. It was crazy to think not three hours ago he was here and now I was already feeling the effects of him not being with me. The hollowness that I couldn't ignore no matter how hard I tried, the empty feeling in my heart as if a slice of it had been taken away from the rest and the dull feeling idling in the pit of my stomach.

Having these feelings weren't the best, but the fact that it was because of my mate was. Is it always going to be like this?

Yes. Despite the happiness to her voice, there was also a hidden nervousness. When we have mated, it will become stronger. I didn't blame her for being nervous; I wasn't sure how either of us would be able to handle these feelings if they got worse.

Instead of waiting for her to call out to his wolf, I decided to try something. Lying on my back and placing my hands over my stomach, I closed my eyes and focused on Mason. Slowly pieces of an image of him crept into the forefront of my mind and within a couple of minutes, I was no longer seeing the blackness behind my eyes, but the brightness of a room with the sound of voices and laughter filling my ears as if I were there.

The room was huge, with blood red walls and dark wooden furniture. It was no less grand than any other room I had seen in that house. A large, flat screen TV took up most of the back wall with speakers surrounding it. I could even see that they were watching some football game. Concentrating harder, I took in the feelings Mason had. The warmth from the leather chair he was sitting on, the cold water drops that hit his hand from the can he was holding and the content feeling that settled in the pit of his stomach. Opening up all of my senses, the quiet rumble of words slowly seeped through my ears and before I knew it I was completely emerged into their conversation.

Trying to keep my concentration so I wouldn't lose the connection I had, I couldn't help but be amazed at how incredible it was to be able to see and hear everything he was doing without being there. Mason had told me that mated wolves have their own individual gift, which is made stronger by the fact he is a future Alpha, but I had no idea it would be like this.

The image of Cole crossed my vision as he walked past to take his seat on the other side of the room and I could hear Jake speaking next to where Mason was sat. There were a few other guys I recognized from school and others I had never seen before, but I assumed with how relaxed Mason was around them that they were part of his pack.

The conversation mainly revolved around the game, occasionally slipping onto the topic of hot girls they had slept with and I was surprised to hear Mason remain quiet. My wolf silently scolded me for the fraction of doubt that crossed my mind, but after all this was Mason Vermont we were talking about.

If I waited any longer I wouldn't have it in me to do what I wanted, so instead of wasting another second, I conjured up an image of Mason and I together in the woods. His shirtless body brushed against my legs as he moved his lips up my calf to my inner thigh, planting open-mouthed kisses, gliding his tongue over my burning skin as my back arched, and the breathless moans that escaped my lips.

Almost instantly I felt his whole body tense and a rush of lust run through his veins. The excitement of feeling his reaction to me had my stomach swirling and I couldn't fight the goofy grin that spread across my lips. Shifting in his seat, I could already feel the stir in his sweats which only caused a giggle to bubble from me.  

I didn't take you as a spy, little kitten. His voice immediately invaded my thoughts. Dammit.

I didn't have enough time to think of a good reason as to why I was listening in and panic set in. I wasn't spying, I was... I trailed off, not knowing what the hell to say. It was a little too clear to both of us that I was in fact spying on him.

You were... The teasing tone to his voice had me rolling my eyes. Would there ever be a time when he didn't tease me ruthlessly about something?

Shut up, I've forgotten. When in doubt, brush it off and change the subject. Who's winning the game?

With a slight shake of his head, he switched his attention back to the guys momentarily, probably making sure they hadn't spoken to him, before zoning in on our connection completely. You're getting too good at this, Rain.

I had no idea what he was talking about. Good at what?

This. Not a second had passed after the last word left his mouth, the exact image I had sent into his mind was being sent right back to mine. You really are a powerful little thing, aren't you? 

I remembered the conversation we had, Alpha mates have a stronger gift because of their blood. That's because of you.

I could feel him thinking those words over, but he had put his mind block up against me before I could try to see what he was thinking. Why had he done that? Before I could ask, he began to speak. I don't think it's because of me. Yeah, I can sort of do the same things as you, but yours is so much stronger, Rain.

You can see what I'm see now? Not that there was much to see. Once the light had been turned off, my room was plummeted into darkness. I'd be amazed if he could make out my bedside table.

Nodding his head, ever so slightly, he continued. I can see it, but I can't feel you. I don't know what you're feeling right this second, but I know you can feel me.

How? Maybe I had told him I could feel his emotions, but I just couldn't remember.

A low growl of annoyance rumbled in his chest and once he had broken the connection, I soon realized it was because someone had started speaking to him. It's kind of hard to explain. Breaking the connection once more, I knew someone had brought him into their conversation again. 

Okay, so I was being somewhat selfish keeping him from his friends, after all we had just spent the whole day together. I wanted him to come over and by the inpatient growls coming from my wolf, I knew she wanted the same, but what if he was having fun? What if he wanted to hang out with his friends and here I was interrupting him with pointless conversation? Are you having a good night? Refusing to give in to my wolf's snapping, I decided it was better no to ask.

It's better now I'm with you. The words opened the butterfly cage and millions set out for an adventure around my stomach.

Rolling over onto my side and cocooning myself in my thick cover, I tucked my legs up against my stomach. You're not with me. It didn't matter whether Mason was in his house or a centimetre away from me, there was still a blush that crept up my neck and settled on my cheeks.

No, but I'm speaking to you. Although I couldn't see his smile, I could feel it and my lips automatically mirrored his. You're killing me Rain. I swear, you drive me crazy. His voice was low and rough, and it did nothing to calm the swarm of excitement in my stomach or the raging lust that laced my veins. I want to see you.    

My heart jumped in my chest. There was no doubt that I wanted Mason here, but I had never had a guy staying in my room before and if my parents caught him, there'd be hell to pay. I'm sorry Rain. I didn't mean to pressure you. Guilt and regret settled heavy in the pit of my stomach.

I didn't want him to feel like that, No you're not, I want you to stay.

A few minutes of silence passed before he spoke again. Stay?

Great, he didn't want to. Or not.

No, no, His words rushed through my mind. I just... Give me twenty minutes. With that our mind link broke and silence once again filled my head. Slowly opening my eyes, the blood red walls and cheering football game had gone and in its place was the blackness of my room with only the white moon giving a hint of light through the window.

* * *

Just under half an hour later the quiet tapping on my window shook me from the drowsiness. "Were you asleep?" He asked the second I lifted the window to let him in. Shaking my head, I held out my hand for him to take. Closing the distance between us, he leaned closer and his lips pressed against mine. "Hi." He whispered as our lips brushed. 

My mouth curved, I could feel the excitement already bubbling inside of me. "Hi." I whispered, feeling him smile against out kiss.

Taking my hand, he led us over to my bed and sat on the edge. "How's your mom?"

I gave a light sigh, "Okay. She's still completely devastated, but she's accepted that it's what I want." I hated knowing she was upset and I knew all I had to do was refuse to fight - meaning I would have to renounce my title as Beta - to make her happy, but I didn't want to do that.

"And your dad?"

Shrugging my shoulders, my eyes dropped to our entwined hands. "He never said much about it. I think he just wanted to drop it for my mom's sake. Guess I'll talk to him about it tomorrow." There was no way of knowing what was going through my dad's mind. He wasn't exactly open about his feelings, but he was a lot better at dealing with them then my mom was.

"Are you sure it's what you want, little kitten?" The concern was clear in his eyes. I nodded in answer to him. "Then you're going to train with me."

I fought against rolling my eyes; the protective mate had taken over. "You know I can't do that, I have to train with my pack, Mason."

"Nonsense." He frowned. "There's no chance I'm leaving you alone with raging, unmated wolves. Train with me and that way I can keep you safe."

Pressing my lips together, I refused to let myself smile. I could hear the seriousness in his voice and I couldn't help but think how cute he sounded, not that I would ever tell him that. "I can look after myself, but if he has to, Nicky will protect me if anything happens."

He gave me a blank stare, "Nicky's unmated."

He had a point. "Richard then. He had a mate and I'm pretty sure if anyone tried anything he would be the first to protect me."

Shaking his head, he smirked and leaned in and pressed his lips against the tip of my nose. "It's my job to protect you. I can speak to Nicky and Richard, and explain what's going on. They'll be fine with it."

I knew even if they weren't, he wouldn't care. This was what he wanted and Mason always got what he wanted. Richard may understand, but I was pretty sure Nicky would be less than happy with it. "You're insufferable." I leaned forward and left a kiss on his lips.

Raising his brow, he smirked. "Still think that?" A coy smile settled on my lips as I nodded. Moving his hand from mine, he ran it up my thigh to my hip. "If I tell you you're sexy as hell will you want to slap me like you did last time?" He teased. Giggling, I shook my head. "Good." He whispered seconds before crashing his lips against mine.

Pushing me down until the softness of the back hit my back, Mason hovered above me, either hand running down my sides and around to my butt. His moist lips brushed and kissed as his tongue traced lines across his neck.

Braking away from our kiss, he lifted me from the bed and wrapped my legs around his waist as he re-positioned onto his knees. Pulling away the cover, he slowly lowered me back down and hovered above me, resting on his forearm with our legs tangled with each other.

Gripping my waist, he turned me until I was facing away from him. "Get some sleep, little kitten." He breathed against my ear, but his kisses didn't stop. Wrapping his arm around my waist, he pulled me into him and moulded our bodies together. Every inch of me was pressed against him and I loved the heat that seeped from his body through to mine.

Planting kisses along my shoulder and across the top of my back, my head fell forward to give him better access. He pressed himself against the small of my back was sending me over the edge. Trailing his hand from my stomach down my hips and over the side of my thigh caused every single nerve in my body to jolt. My body was almost shaking with excitement. 

The tips of his fingers tickled over the skin of my thigh until they settled on the waistband of my shorts. I would definitely be damned for eternity if my parents walked in right now, but I didn't care. Just like I had been in the woods, I was completely lost in Mason. My mind was a cloud of lust and need for him, his touch and his kisses, and I wanted more.

Sliding his hand down over my shorts, he began grinding my lower body into his. Quickly covering my mouth to silence the moan of absolute pleasure, my head fell back onto Mason's shoulder as his lips continued their hypnotising trail along my shoulder blades.

Grinding our bodies together set a fire off inside of me and caused my stomach to clench in the most pleasurable way. With his mouth now having moved to the sensitive skin below my ear, his heavy breaths and quiet moans were enough to have every single part of my body tighten, driving me crazy with hunger for him.

We had only been together like this a few times and I was already losing the fight with my self control. I honestly had no idea how my wolf hadn't gone insane with all the times Mason and I had refused to give in. It was becoming harder to resist and I hated pushing him away, but there was no way I was ready to take it any further yet. Though with each open-mouthed kiss he left on my neck, I really wished I was.      

Why couldn't we have been like this from the start? The groan that left my lips was accidental, I didn't mean for him to hear and I knew the second he did because his lips froze against the nape of my neck. "Do you want to stop?" Hearing the rough edge to his voice had a wave of lust burst inside of me.

"No," I answered honestly, "It's just so hard." Keeping my body still, I twisted my neck until my eyes met his.

The emotions that flashed in his eyes told me I didn't need to explain what I meant. "I know it is baby, but it won't always be." He lips pressed softly against my temple. "I can go if you want."  

"I don't want you to." There wasn't any part of me that wanted him to leave. "I just don't want to keep doing this," I motioned to where his hand was still positioned over my shorts and our legs that were tangled around each others, "and then have to push you away." I hated girls like that and I'm sure Mason had already had his fair share of them.

Before I knew it, he had lifted himself up and cupped my face. "Rain, I know you're not ready for any of that and I don't care, I'll wait as long as you need." Leaning his face closer to mine, he kissed me. "Haven't you thought about why my wolf hasn't pushed for more from you?"

"Because they're happy and this is enough for them."

Smiling, he kissed me again. "There's nothing I'm going to do to mess this up." Turning me around until I was facing away, he once again wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into him. "I've told you I need to prove that you can trust me and that starts with our date tomorrow."

Excitement danced in my chest with the thought of it. "Definitely tomorrow?" I teased, with a smile tugging at my lips.

He gave a low chuckle and I could feel his warm breathe tickle the nape of my neck. "Yeah, definitely tomorrow." His arm tightened around me. "It's about time I started treating you like I always should have." Another jolt of excitement exploded at his words.

Minutes of silence passed and the slow, steady breathing from Mason had my whole body relaxed. I could feel my eyes slowly close and the rhythmic warm air from those breaths caressing my neck was pushing me closer towards sleep.

All I could think about was the closeness of him, his hot skin against my stomach and the happiness that overwhelmed me. I pushed every other thought of my mind and let the feeling and mesmerising scent of Mason envelop me.

The heaviness of my body settled me and I could feel sleep slowly taking over, but just before it closed in completely, Mason's voice broke through my mind. "Goodnight, little kitten." He whispered, before pressing a kiss into my hair.

One thing was for sure, I couldn't wait until tomorrow. 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

5.5M 178K 40
(Complete) Rae East has always cast herself off as a girl not worthy of a Mate. With a past of self-doubt and expectations of a hopeless future, her...
1.1M 41.8K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
454K 13K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
6.9M 234K 42
After an Alpha has given up looking for their mate, and they need a Luna to help run the pack, they will organise an event known as The Whipping. Fe...