𝐋𝐒𝐭𝐭π₯𝐞 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐭𝐞 𝐋𝐒�...

By staceyreads_

Dominic Ivan Volkov is the next in line to rule his mafia. running a mafia comes with many things power, stre... More

π€π„π’π“π‡π„π“πˆπ‚π’
πŽππ„
π“π–πŽ
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
π…πŽπ”π‘
π…πˆπ•π„
π’πˆπ—
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
π„πˆπ†π‡π“
ππˆππ„
𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π„π„π
π…πŽπ”π‘π“π„π„π
π…πˆπ…π“π„π„π
π’πˆπ—π“π„π„π
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
π„πˆπ†π‡π“π„π„π
ππˆππ„π“π„π„π
π“π–π„ππ“π˜
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π“π–πŽ
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π…πŽπ”π‘
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π…πˆπ•π„
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π’πˆπ—
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-π„πˆπ†π‡π“
π“π–π„ππ“π˜-ππˆππ„
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π˜
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π˜-πŽππ„
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π˜-π“π–πŽ
π„ππˆπ‹πŽπ”π†π„
π€π”ππ“π‡πŽπ‘π’ ππŽπ“π„ β™‘οΈŽ

π“π–π„ππ“π˜-πŽππ„

1.5K 30 29
By staceyreads_

I didn't realise how much I liked having Dominic's company around me.

It's only been days but it might as well be a month.

Isabel, Sofia and I have decided to go shopping as shopping is my therapy. Especially clothes shopping. Which Dominic doesn't like very much.

Probably because I'm beginning to take over his side of our wardrobe. And it's massive.

I invited Andrea along but said she preferred to enjoy sleeping in while it lasted as Dominic isn't home to boss her around.

Good for her. Unlike me, from where I am Dominic still has a say on things I do with my time.

The man made sure I had fifty guards by me all because I wanted to go out for a walk.

Daniel grabs my bag and opens the door for me. "Afternoon, Ma'am." He greets.

"Good afternoon, Daniel."

"Where to?"

"Rosewood Mall. I'm meeting friends there. Will you be following?" I ask strapping my seatbelt over my small body.

"Of course, ma'am. Sir wouldn't accept otherwise." He sighs.

I nod and pull out my phone when I hear the loud vibration of my cell phone in my pocket.

Dominic: Have you eaten today, love?

Me: I'm going out with the girls today so we'll grab something to eat when we're out.

Dominic: Good. Tell Daniel to give you my second card.

Me: I don't need it.

Dominic: Don't make me repeat myself.

Me: Fine.

Dominic: Good girl. Don't be shy with my card. I'll call you soon. Bye, Angel.

Me: Goodbye.

✧✧✧

Daniel parks his car and follows me a decent distance behind me.

By the entrance were Sofia and Isabel waiting patiently.

Sofia wore a light green cardigan with a small white shirt underneath peaking through and black leggings which she paired with white trainers. Of course, she was holding a frappuccino as she needed to have one before a shopping trip.

Isabel wore a simple pink long-sleeved shirt with a white skirt and tights which she paired with knee-high boots.

"Welcome Ms Lebedev. It was okay letting us wait here for ten minutes in the cold wind of Rosewood." Sofia grumbles sarcastically and I smile.

Isabel rolls her eyes. "Well, she's here now so we might as well get started. I need a cute dress for my date next week."

Sofia and I squeal in excitement.

She and Lev are going out.

I was excited when I found out after her birthday party that she and Lev spoke and he asked her out and have been talking since.

I grab her hand and we quickly enter the mall.

It has been a while since I've been in this mall as we've been shopping in Lakeside more and sometimes Wallux.

This mall is probably the smallest of all the ones I go to often but it's just as nice. It has around a hundred and something stores including some of my favourites.

Sofia points to Shannon's boutique where there's a display of all kinds of dresses. The shop was pink and white with millions of fake roses decorated at the front with vines.

Sofia led us to the counter and requested for a woman named Danielle.

Isabel and I shared confused looks but let Sofia do her thing.

After a few moments, a woman with bright red hair walks toward us. She was wearing a knee-length black shirt with white ruffles on the bottom and a short blazer with the same design but with gold buttons.

She grins. "Ah. My favourite customer. How are we doing, Sofia?"

Sofia matches her expression with a grin of her own. "Never been better." She says then switches her line of sight towards Isabel and me. "These are my friends, Angelina and Isabel."

"Hello, girls."

"Hey." We speak at the same time.

"Isabel has a date with a hottie and we need a fancy dinner dress."

Danielle nods with a glimmer in her eyes. "Come, with me."

She leads us to a large changing room all velvet and pink.

We all watch as Isabel walks in and out with all sorts of dresses like it's a wedding dress try-on.

Eventually, she walked out in a blue dress with a corset top that hugged her nicely. She looked so beautiful and I was thrilled she had found someone to give her trust to and for the months I've known Lev for, he's a pretty good guy. I think things will go very well for them.

"Well?"

"It's perfect."

✧✧✧

Sofia drops her eight shopping bags beside her with a huff. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm starving!"

Isabel sighs. "When are you not hungry?"

Sofia shows her the middle finger and scans the menu briefly. "I'll take that chicken pasta. It looks so yum."

I nod my head in agreement still looking for other options.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the boyfriend stealer and the fake!" A woman says rather loudly from my left.

Daniel pulls his glasses off from where he is to take a close look.

I roll my eyes when I realise it's Dominic's ex-girlfriend Laura. "Can I help you?"

"Yes. You can." She flips her blonde curly hair from her face and over her shoulder and batts her eyelashes. "Do the world a favour and get lost. Dominic doesn't want you-"

"That's not what he told me."

Laura's eyes narrow. "He'll get bored. I mean what does he want from a fat girl who sells tacky jewellery and has dead parents? Your babies won't even have Grandparents. How awful!?" She responds in rage and I swallow.

"That's it!" Sofia yells trying to lunge at her but Daniel has already made his way over and pulls her back.

"Ms Williams I need you to leave."

"Well hello, Daniel."

Lucky for me while he was distracted pulling Sofia away, I was still free and that sure as hell didn't stop me. I get out of my chair and lunge towards her tackling her to the ground.

Laura screams and I continue to punch her. Eventually, she starts punching back until both of us are screaming.

I'm suddenly being pulled back by Daniel and someone else is pulling Laura away.

"You bitch!" She yells, looking stupid now that one of her eyelashes has fallen off.

A policeman sighs and motions for Daniel to let go of me. "Ms Lebedev, you're under arrest for assault."

✧✧✧

"Will my fiancé be here soon?" I ask and the officer nods.

Laura also got arrested and has no one to bail her out now as her parents or whatever are in a completely different country.

After a few minutes, an officer walks up to me and removes the cuffs from my writs. "Ms Lebedev, your fiancé is here. You're free to leave."

I nod and rush to a worried-looking Dominic. "Angel? Are you okay?" He asks wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Well, this was my first time getting arrested so, not so great."

Dominic shakes his head and kisses me on my forehead.

"Did you really travel back for me?"

"Do you know yourself? You wouldn't be able to last a day in this place. They don't allow heels and fancy dresses."

I shiver. "No thanks. God forbid. Let's go home."

"That's the plan, love."

I hum. "Do you know you have a crazy ex-girlfriend?" I laugh to myself. "You should have seen her. She's lucky I didn't break her nose. I've done it a first time and I'll do it again but this time harder so it busts her lip fillers."

Dominic laughs and grabs my hand. "Come on, lyubov'."

Dominic leads me towards his car and opens the door for me like he usually does, then straps the seatbelt over my body.

He sighs as he sits in his seat and straps himself up. "I've told your friends I've got you. They were worried."

"Thank you," I say, but it comes out as a whisper.

The car ride home was silent and I was thankful for that. I was not in the mood to ask questions or to be asked questions.

I looked out the window and watched as the raindrops hit the window.

Quiet music from my playlist that Dominic created for me plays in the background as I play with my fingers.

Throughout the drive, from the corner of my eye, I'd notice Dominic look at me and open his mouth like he wanted to say something but he doesn't.

Soon, we arrive at the home and I'm met with a massive hug my Irina.

"Oh, dear. Are you okay? Come in. I made you tea." She grabs ahold of my hand and pulls me towards her and into the kitchen.

"You look cold. Want me to get you a jumper?" She asks, taking a deep breath.

"No. I'll be okay. I just need a good night's sleep."

"Alright, dear." Irina presses a light kiss on my forehead. "Have you heard from your uncle?"

"No. He's probably busy." No, he's not.

I've messaged him and Vera a good seventy times over the week and none of them have responded. They've gotten rid of me. Just like they planned to. All from the start.

Unfortunately for them, they'll still see me at times due to the business deal they secured that has me involved. I'm the main show. With a fucking spotlight.

I grab my tea and make my way up the stairs and into my bedroom, carefully so I don't spill the tea everywhere.

"мы решим эту проблему завтра." Dominic's deep voice echoes and I take a look through the slightly open door.
{We will solve this problem tomorrow.}

I frown and listen in to his conversation, trying not to make a noise so he doesn't realise I'm here.

"Я в курсе. Никто не будет знать. Особенно моя мать. Хотя мне понадобится подкрепление. Я не знаю, что они сделают." He says into the phone quieting down his voice a little.
{I'm aware. Nobody will know. Especially my mother. I'll need backup though. I don't know what they'll do.}

I wait for him to end the call before I open the door and enter.

Dominic quickly turns and looks over at me. I drop my teacup on the bedside table.

I walk into the wardrobe and change from my clothes to my long-sleeved silk pyjamas.

I walk back in and drown down the rest of my tea and I notice Dominic sitting on the bed shirtless with dark blue pj pants typing away on his laptop.

I stand by his side and fold my arms over my chest. Just as I did, Dominic looked up at me with a faint smile. "Yes, Love?"

"Are you going to tell me what your conversation was about?"

Dominic gives me a look but it isn't a panicked look, it is more neutral. He sighs after a moment. "You heard?"

I nod. "Yes. And I want to know what you're doing tomorrow that's so secret."

"Love, this business is not for you right now. I'll tell you when the time is right."

"No. If we're going to get married you need to understand what involves you, involves me." I tell him.

He nods. "Alright. Come here."

I switch off the lights, get on the bed and wrap the duvet over my body. Dominic closes his laptop, wraps his arms around me and presses light kisses on my neck.

"I'm meeting Santiago tomorrow."

"The Spanish mafia leader?" I almost yell.

"Yes."

"You understand how risky that is?"

"I'm aware. They're the ones who called us over. They left a note as well. He places his laptop on his bedside table and grabs a white piece of paper.

The person who wrote the handwriting of the note was cursive and very neat.

Trust. What a wonderful word. Be careful who you give yours to. Little liars are close. Closer than you think.
- S.L

I grab the note and notice the small blood stains on the back of it. I clench my jaw and narrow my eyes at the note.

Dominic frowns. "You okay?"

"Yeah."

There's plenty.

Green eyes. Green eyes. Green eyes. Green eyes. Green eyes. Green eyes.Green eyes.Green eyes.
Green eyes.Green eyes.Green eyes.Green eyes.

My mind plays over and over again. To the nights he'd follow me but I wouldn't say anything. The amount of times he's attacked me or cornered me and a random location but fled before Daniel or anyone could see him.

Santiago and him. Green eyes.

Green eyes. Little liars.

Liars.

Lies. Betrayal. Defeat.

✧✧✧

The way Angelina behaved yesterday when I told her what was going on was confusing and left me thinking throughout the night. I wanted to ask more questions.

More about the guy she has been afraid of. Someone in the Spanish mafia.

Since her car accident, or more like attack, she's not stopped acting weird when I mention the Spanish mafia.

I believe the man is an assistant of Santiago. A good one. Who does all his dirty work? Gets paid tonnes. All I've heard is a dragon tattoo and green eyes. He's nowhere to be seen and can the tracked down.

All that good skill wasted on such a shitty mafia.

They've been trying to make their way to the top of the mafia pyramid but failed miserably. They're the fourth most powerful mafia and want to be first so bad.

I clench my fists and walk into the dark and desolate room and I feel a wintery chill lingering on the air.

Santiago sits facing the wall on a tall chair, trying to make a bold statement.

What looks like about thirty men stand by him but I'm not sure as I don't count.

The noisome scent filling the room makes me want to gag.

My ten trusted me follow behind me and the rest stay outside for the backup.

Suddenly, Santiago turns in his chair and smiles.
"Volkov. I'm glad you made it."

"Just tell me what you want."

"Ah. Straight to the point, I see." He chuckles. "In that case. It's simple. Step down from your mafia and everything will be fine. Or give up your resources and responsibilities and we take over and you take our place as fourth."

I laugh. "No."

"What's wrong with you people? What is that power going to do for you?"

"Money. Riches. Taking over the world. First brings me opportunities with certain groups I'm not going to share." Santiago yells and I sigh.

"Either that or I tell the world your fucking secret. All the media rumours will be true and your mafia will be gone. You and your family. I'm giving you the easy option."

"What's the fourth option?"

"I kill your mother. And I don't think you want that. Mommy's boy."

I clench my jaw. "Bring on war. Anything. I'm not losing. You want the title you work for it."

Santiago's eyes twitch. "That's brave of you Volkov. Times running out."

"Bring on whatever."

"With pleasure." He says. With a shake of our hands.

✧✧✧

Salvatore lazily drops down on the couch in front of me and helps himself to a decanter filled with scotch.

"So what's going to happen now?"

I shrug and help myself to a glass. "They want me to admit what my family did. How these rumours are true? How my family isn't what it seems."

Salvatore's eyes widen. "Are you?"

"No." I take a deep breath. "I can't. And I won't."

"What's going to happen then? War? Trouble?"

I nod, going over my plan in my head.

"Fuck sake." Salvatore sighs and three idiots burst through the doors of my office.

Lev scratches his head nervously as Ares and Luca tumble and drop to the floor.

I roll my eyes with a heavy sigh. "What is it?" I ask, the annoyance evident in my voice.

Luca stands and gives me a sheepish smile and Ares looks everywhere but at me like he's not hearing a word I said.

"I sense problems so I started running to your office and these nosey lots decided to follow," Lev says and Salvatore laughs.

The laughter of the four of them begins to give me a headache so I stand. "Enough. Salvatore, lead them out and lock the door behind you. I'll get the key from you later."

Salvatore laughter dies down and he nods. "You got it, Bossman."

Narrowing my eyes, I stride past them all and make my way up the stairs.

To my surprise, I'm met with a confused Angelina in the middle of the room holding a note. When she hears me she turns to look over and she holds up the note. "Dominic, what does this mean?" She says, her tone cold.

I walk towards her, grab the note gently from her hand and scan the words written neatly in cursive.

Many letters have been delivered to my office as he doesn't know my home location. Or a least I think he doesn't.

I know what you and your family did. And if you don't admit it, all hell will break loose.
-A.G

Different initials?

I look up at Angelina and then back at the note.

"Fuck."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 32.5K 54
They thought that she was dead before she got to live. They have been deceived by the person they were supposed to trust. She grew up loved, but that...
2.8M 64.8K 37
Dove Genovese, daughter of the second in command of the Italian mafia boss, has one sole purpose in life. That's to never dishonor her mafioso father...
535K 4.9K 71
After four years what will happen when they finally confess their Love? Alaska Amana- She has the body of a goddess and will kill anyone who looks a...
1M 26.8K 43
[COMPLETED] BOOK TWO OF HIS MAFIA QUEEN. NOT TO BE READ AS A STAND-ALONE. DESCRIPTION CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK |Disclai...