JULIET {remus lupin}

By saffyxoxox

~where the best friend of Regulus Black finds that she has friends in unlikely places~ marauders era VERY slo... More

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGHTY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE
EIGHTY SIX
EIGHTY SEVEN
EIGHTY EIGHT
EIGHTY NINE
NINETY
NINETY ONE
NINETY TWO
NINETY THREE
NINETY FOUR
NINETY FIVE
NINETY SIX
NINETY SEVEN
NINETY EIGHT
NINETY NINE
CHAPTER 100
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
ONE HUNDRED AND THREE
ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR
ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE
ONE HUNDRED AND SIX
ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT
ONE HUNDRED AND TEN
ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE
ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN

ONE HUNDRED AND NINE

1.3K 85 31
By saffyxoxox

Juliet stood in the hallway of Romilly Manor sighing and pulling at her dress, she, and she assumed Remus hadn't either, had not attended a wedding since James and Lily's, and that was different, they were all family back then. It was intimate, she knew and loved everybody there. James Roberts and Anne's would be different, there would be muggles there, it was a muggle ceremony, she knew hardly any of James' Hogwarts friends, but knew that they almost definitely knew her.

She stared at herself in a mirror, over ten years had gone since the Potter's wedding but she didn't think she had changed too much, she wondered if Remus agreed. As she pinned her hair her mind flicked to the photo which Remus had in his house and she realised that in fact, she was a lot different. In the photo her eyes shone, and she was carefree, looking up at Remus with nothing but love. Juliet envied her twenty-year old self, how had she been so careless when they were amidst fighting. 

You had them, she remembered.

The witch sighed and then turned to look at the portrait of her seventeen year old self, it seemed to be smirking at her as she messed with her hair. Juliet narrowed her eyes at her younger self, envying the constant perfection, the ease of her hair and the confidence of her gaze. 

"Stop laughing at me," she muttered.

"Talking to yourself?" Remus asked, appearing behind her. She turned around and softened a little at the sight of the man.

"You look nice."

Juliet swore that he blushed a little as he said, "do I?"

The witch laughed and nodded, glancing back to her portrait to notice that she too was staring at the man.

"You look beautiful," he said quickly, also glancing at her portrait. "Haven't changed at all," he teased.

Juliet turned to him and smiled, looking up at him and then glancing back towards the mirror. 

"I feel ridiculous."

"That makes two of us."

"How do I even speak to muggles?"

Remus laughed, "Annie is a muggle."

Juliet shook her head, "she's different."

"Just speak to the wizards then"

Juliet groaned, "I'm a bridesmaid! I have to speak to everyone! I met the muggle bridesmaids in London a few weeks ago, and they all thought I was so odd. Anyway, the wizards all bloody know that I'm Juliet Romilly, we went to school with most of them!"

Remus grinned at the woman, "will you relax? You know me, you know the Weasleys, you know the other aurors. Just relax."

"Fine," she sighed, glancing around the hallway and eventually accepting Remus' offered arm.

All morning as Juliet sat with Anne as she got ready, making small talk with her friends and trying to keep up with her lies about her normal, muggle life, the witch felt like she was in a constant state of holding back tears. She knew it was selfish for her mind to be anywhere other than on Anne, but couldn't push the day of James and Lily's wedding out of her mind, her eyes clouded a little when she watched Anne laughing with her childhood best friend, their arms around each other. 

Juliet had gotten ready with Arabella the morning of the Potter's wedding, her friend giddy to see Marlene and Juliet quietly looking forward to seeing Remus, she remembered the anticipation. Afterwards, she had worked out that that was only nights after Regulus murdered her blood father. Regulus entering her mind was something which Juliet detested the most, Regulus meant Sirius, and Sirius meant Azkaban. She stood up suddenly from where she had been watching Annie do her makeup and swallowed,

"I need some air," she said to Anne, who smiled kindly and shook her head slightly at the witch's apologetic expression.

Juliet leant against the wall of the barn where the wedding was to happen, James Roberts had wanted it in London, but Anne had insisted it be at her family's farm, she looked around at the rolling hills and fields and wondered if she would be able to find her way to Remus', whether it was still hidden by a fidelius. 

"Juliet?" A voice asked.

The witch turned around to see Bill Weasley, she smiled politely, shielding her eyes from the sun.

"You're early."

He laughed, "me and Tonks were asked to put some wards up, just as a precaution, y'know?"

The witch nodded and smiled tightly.

"Bridesmaid duties stressing you out?" He asked, pointing at her with his beer bottle.

She laughed and said, "what?"

The man grinned and pulled a packet of cigarettes out of his pocket, offering the witch one. "Anything to get off your chest?" He asked as she took one.

"No, why?" She asked, glancing at him.

He shrugged, "you look upset."

"Do I?"

"Yeah."

"It's just a lot," she said, looking up at him. "Lot of muggles, lot of people who know who Juliet Romilly is."

"I don't think anyone minds Juliet Romilly," he laughed.

The witch snorted at that and shook her head, "that's because you're so young, Bill Weasley."

He shook his head back at her and winked, "ah, we're not that far apart."

The witch laughed at the man and smiled, "your parents here?"

"Nah, they don't know Roberts, really."

"I wasn't aware you did."

"Played quidditch at his mates house a few times, Maximus Greene?"

Juliet smiled and nodded, "ah, yes. I've played there too," she said, remembering James taking her there before she started teaching again.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Anyway, I ought to get back," he said, nodding to behind her and putting his hand out. "Remus."

"Bill," the man replied, shaking his hand and then looking down to Juliet, "you alright?"

"See you both later," Bill said, winking at Juliet.

The witch stifled a laugh and looked up to Remus, "thought you'd be at home."

"Wedding starts in an hour," he laughed.

"Merlin... does it? I've just been daydreaming all day."

"Feeling sentimental?"

She sighed, "very much so."

"Me too," he said, reaching into his pocked and pulling out the photograph of James and Lily's wedding. Juliet took it from him and smiled. "Your mind also on this?" He asked.

"Yes," she sighed, stroking over their young faces.

Remus smiled down at the witch sadly and put an arm over her shoulders, pulling her into him a little, "they'd want us to be happy," he muttered into her hair.

"I know."

"Wouldn't want us to rot," he grinned, taking the photo from Juliet and turning it over to show her handwriting.

"Jules," a small voice came.

Anne popped her head out of the door and Juliet melted at the sight of her friend in her dress and veil. "Oh, Remus, both of you, come in."

"Are you okay?" The blonde woman asked kindly, after ushering her bridesmaids out of the room. "I know today is probably hard, considering..."

"We're fine, Annie," Remus said, putting an arm around his old friend. "You look beautiful."

"You really do," Juliet said, staring at her, beaming.

"Well, I wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for you two, would it. Wouldn't have even met the bloody man. I'm very thankful for you weird wizards and your complicated past."

The pair laughed and the blonde pulled them both into a tight hug, "love you both," she whispered. 

"Love you," they echoed.

"Right," Anne sniffed, patting a tear dry. "Remus, go sit. Juliet, come and be a bridesmaid."

Remus saluted the woman and winked, "good luck, Annie, you deserve this."

"He looks handsome, doesn't he?" Anne grinned, elbowing Juliet as he left the pair together.

"Suppose so," the witch laughed.

"Although, saw William Weasley talking to you outside, they're lining up for you, everyone fancies Juliet."

The witch paused for a second, confused and hit by an incredible sense of deja vu. Her and the other Slytherin girls, Barty Crouch Jr flirting with her.

"Everyone fancies Juliet."

The witch laughed, "my best friend said that to me when I was sixteen."

Anne smiled at the rare mention of Arabella and kissed her on the forehead, "I wish I'd met her, I wish she was here."

"She'd love you," Juliet smiled, her sadness alleviating. "Maybe a little too much," she laughed, "Remus and I did both say you reminded us of Marlene."

Anne looked at Juliet a little sadly, "I wish I could have met them all."

Juliet pulled her friend into a hug, "they know you, I know it. And I'm sure they do all love you. James and Lily especially, you sure helped Remus."

"Ugh- Juliet - stop. Come on, I'm going to cry."

"It's your wedding day, you're meant to," she joked, squeezing her waist as the other bridesmaids came in.

Bill Weasley was the first person to ask Juliet to dance after the ceremony, and, after a few glasses of wine, she happily obliged, missing Remus' eyes following her to the dance floor, but noticing Anne winking at her from where she danced with her younger sister

"Alright, mate?" James Roberts asked, sitting down opposite Remus who sat alone at a table, emptying his glass.

"Yeah," the man said, mustering up a wide smile, "congratulations."

"Got you to thank," he laughed, offering the wizard and glass of wine clinking his glass against Remus'. "Enjoying the day?"

"Yeah, it's been beautiful, nice to be back up here."

"Not pissed Romilly is dancing with the fit wizard who's ten years younger than you?"

Remus grinned at that and shook his head, ignoring Juliet and Bill laughing in the corner of his eye. 

"Ah, that's ten years of history she and I have that he doesn't."

James grinned, "sounds like jealousy to me, mate."

Remus rolled his eyes and laughed at the man.

"Nice to see so many familiar Hogwarts faces here," he commented. "Most I've been with in ages."

"Everyone's excited that you're here, and Jules. Keep telling them you pair are the matchmakers."

"Don't flatter me, Roberts."

"Mate, you were a marauder, course they're excited."

When Remus didn't respond James continued, "and Juliet, well, she's-"

"Juliet," he finished, laughing. "That's understandable."

"Thanks for being here," James said, more seriously. "And thanks for, well, Annie," he continued, gazing over at the blonde woman lovingly. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Anne worried you'd be sad," he said, trailing off.

"Brought up a lot of memories, but it's good to reminisce, I think," he said, taking the photo out of his pocket and handing it over. 

"Bloody hell," James laughed. "Forgot how bloody good looking you three were, and there's Pete. Who are they?"

"Arabella Greengrass and Persephone Parkinson."

"Ah- of course, I remember. Merlin, Marlene as well. Forgot how breathtaking Juliet was in school, a shame she was so scary."

Remus grinned, "she'd love that."

James went to speak but broke into a smirk and subtly gestured to the other side of the barn, "your biggest fan is approaching," he winked, slapping him on the back and jogging over to kiss his wife.

Remus glanced at where Juliet was talking with Bill and Kingsley before standing up and pulling Nymphadora Tonks into an awkward hug. The witch beamed and he gestured to the seat next to him, the witch sat down and knocked a glass a little. She lacked Juliet's grace, that was for sure, he thought to himself, before scolding his habit of comparing every woman to her.

"Having fun?" He asked the witch, leaning in a little, accepting the drink she offered him.

"I am," she said smiling. "Are you?"

"Yeah," he replied, glancing behind the witch and catching Juliet's eye. He looked back to Tonks and smiled, "I am."

The witch started talking about her work and he nodded along, making vaguely interested noises when he remembered to, but couldn't stop himself from looking around the room to locate Juliet. She was with Anne now, the pair looked over, and then turned around.

Tonks stopped talking and it took him a second to realise, she turned around.

"Is something going on behind me that I'm not aware of?" She asked, looking a little hurt.

"No," he said, "I'm sorry, I think I'm just a little drunk."

He did truly feel guilty, her work was impressive. She was so young to be an auror, to be admired by Alastor Moody nonetheless. Sirius used to worship him. He forced Sirius out of his head and moved his arm and quickly touched Tonks' arm.

"Tell me more, please."

The witch opened her mouth but glanced down at the photo and broke into a smile, only noticing the white dress and veil. She picked it up before Remus could say anything, "is this from today?"

"No," he said, taking a gulp of his drink, catching Juliet's eye.

"Sorry," Tonks said.

"It's-"

"James and Lily Potter, I recognise them," she sighed, her eyes drifting to the man beside James. "Sirius," she breathed. "My mum's cousin. She still speaks highly of him."

Remus snorted at that and continued drinking, saying nothing.

"Sorry," she said sheepishly. "You look great in this, pretty girl on your arm," she teased, glancing down again. "Is that-"

"Yep," he said, taking it back from her and tucking it into his pocket.

"Juliet?"

He nodded.

"I didn't know you and her..."

"Yep," he said again.

"When?"

"When we were younger."

"Not still?"

"Sadly not."

"Sadly?"

He laughed and said nothing.

Tonks sighed and leant back into her chair, "she's very beautiful."

"Yep," Remus repeated for the third time, ignoring how the witch huffed.

"Were you in love with her?"

The wizard shrugged and looked around the room for the witch again.

"Yeah, I was back then. Spent a lot of my life pining after that woman."

"When did you stop?"

"Pining?"

"Loving"

He paused, "I never said I did... Nah, I don't know. We were apart for a long time."

Tonks nodded, "people change a lot."

"She hasn't," he said quickly, earning a raised eyebrow from the witch in front of him.

"Want to dance?"

Remus shook his head.

Tonks sighed and stood up, muttering "Merlin's beard," under her breath as she approached Bill Weasley who was also staring at Juliet. She watched as the dark haired witch approached Remus, who instantly sat up straight and broke into a smile.

"Wouldn't bother trying to get those two to look in either direction other than each others," Bill joked.

"Well, the twenty year old stormed off from you looking pretty pissed," Juliet said, sitting opposite the man and taking his glass from his hand, drinking from it herself.

Remus rolled his eyes.

"What did you say?" Juliet asked, smiling slightly.

"Can't remember. She was asking about you."

The witch grinned to herself.

"Want to dance, Romilly?" He asked, standing up and offering a hand which she took. Once they were a little closer he said, "she asked me to dance and I realised you'd finally stopped dancing with the twenty year old. And I only want to dance with you."

Juliet laughed at his candour, "you're drunk, Remus Lupin. You should've asked me first, then."

"Sorry," he muttered, holding her tighter.

"Not into Tonks then?"

"I told you I'd never love again," he said. "Too painful."

"Romantic," she whispered,

"This reminds me of us at the Potter's."

"I know," she smiled. 

"Good old days," he joked.

"The best."

"The days are getting better," he said quickly.

Juliet beamed up at him, "good."

"Thanks."

The witch cocked her head questioningly. 

"Like I said, the days are getting better."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 37.8K 45
Marauders Era, Enemies to lovers, LONG and painful. "Is there another life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be, we cannot be cre...
682K 23.2K 120
𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘬�...
102K 2.6K 33
❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞: 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐫 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭. ...
31.2K 978 41
"𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑?" rhiannon was...