Silver Lining - Bradley Will...

De rak098

Silver’s a 18-year-old photographer. After 6 months away her sister who is dating James McVey introduces her... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 9

313 8 0
De rak098

Brad POV

I decide to leave the party and walk home. I can't get the image of the two of them out of my head. I wish it were me that had her pressed against the wall, me kissing her soft lips; have her moan my name instead of his. But unfortunately that wasn't the reality, she was with him and I had to accept that.

----

I week later

Silver POV

"So who's going to be there" I ask Kayla, we were getting ready to go to Brad's family's house for dinner. Apparently our families had gotten pretty close since Daniel and Natalie have been dating.

"eerr, just the Simpsons and Brad invited James as well", Kayla tells me from my bathroom, where she was doing her make up.

"Right" I say before slipping into my floral sundress.

"You ready" Kyla walks out of the bathroom. I nod grabbing my bag then cardigan from the bed and putting it on following Kayla out.

----

"Hellooo" my mom says hugging the lady who opens the door for us. I recognize her as Brad's mum from the resemblance.

"Hi" she replies, "thank you for coming" she says to us sweetly, before proceeding to hug dad.

"Thanks for having us" Kayla says.

"Anytime" she smiles before giving Kayla a squeeze, then looks at me.

"You must be Silver," she says smiling at me.

"Yes, hello" I say politely smiling back at her

"Hi love, I'm Anne" she replies, "It's nice to finally meet you" before giving me an unexpected hug. "Come, come on in" she ushers us further in to the house till we reach the kitchen, where Brad's dad was standing. He welcomes us all and we say our 'hellos'.

"You girls head outside, Nat and Danny are already here," she says pointing to the backyard.

We walk out and head towards the seating area that is occupied by the Daniel, Nat and James.

"Heyyyy" Daniel says standing up as he sees us to hug Kayla first who was ahead, then me.

"Hey" I mumble into the hug, then move over to hug Nat.

I then give James and side hug as Kayla had already embedded herself under his other arm.

I take an empty seat on the right side of James. I look around noticing Bradley isn't here. I had seen him since he walked in on my and Cameron at the party. I was hoping it wouldn't be awkward when I did see him.

I turn to James, "Eerrr where's Bradley?"

"Oh he just stepped inside just before you guys came, should be back" he tells me then pauses to look behind me, "there he is" James points.

"Hey" I say seeing him walking towards us.

"Eeerr hey" he says scratching the back of his head then walks to a seat at the other end oh me. Great, this was going to be awkward.

----

The dinner party was in full swing, after we had eat the delicious food Brad's parents had prepared everyone decided to sit outside, including the adults.

Bradley pretty much ignored me for the past couple hour, which put a damper on my mood. I didn't want him to be awkward with me; we were getting along really well.

"Hey Nat" I call her making her turn to me, "where's the bathroom?"

"Oh I'll show you," she offers

"It's fine just tell me where it is" I smile.

"Ok, it's up the stairs, second door on you left" she directs me.

"Thanks" I say then make my way through the house.

----

Brad POV

I'm a kitchen getting another drink; everyone's outside having a good time, it's nice having them all around but the person I'm dying to hang out with, I'm avoiding. It's been hard staying away from her this past week, even harder hard now that she's here. But it was clear she was interested in Cameron, not me.

As I start to walk out back to the garden I hear a faint sound, I move further into the house and realize it's someone playing my piano softly in the family room. I walk in quietly and see Silver standing near the brown piano, her delicate finger tapping on the keys playing a sweet melody. Her face is slightly covered by her long brown hair as she looks down at her hands. I take a step closer, the floor creaks and she looks up at me and removes her hand from the keys.

"eerr, sorry I just saw it in here when I walked pass" she explains.

"It's fine" I say, "you play?"

"I took lessons as a kid" she shrugs.

"Ahh" I nod slightly.

There's a few second of silence while we just look at each other. She breaks contact and looks back at the piano.

"Bradley I'm..." the pause for second then looks back up at me, "I'm sorry you had to see that the other night".

I scratch the back of my neck, "It's ok", I say, "I shouldn't have barged in like that".

She lets out little awkward chuckle closing her eyes then placing a hand over them. She moves her hand up through her silky hair. She looks back at me her lips pressed tightly together trying to suppress another laugh. I break and start laughing instead and she joins in.

The laughing dies down and we're back to just looking at each other.

I let out a big sigh, "I'm sorry I've been weird".

"That's okay," she says quietly smiling at me. I don't care if she doesn't like me, I'll settle for being her friend.

"So" I say walking over to take a seat on the piano stool, I pat the place next to me gesturing her to sit and she does, "are you and Cameron a thing" I ask curious.

"Oh god no" she shakes her head, "we're just friends".

"It didn't look like just friends at the party" I try not to get the mental image of the two of them that night.

She laughs awkwardly, "We're just friends that, let's just say help each other out sometimes"

I raise my eyebrows, "so friends with benefits".

"I guess"

"That never works, there must be some feelings involved"

"Nope." she pops the 'p', "I'm not interested in the whole relationships thing, just sex," she says bluntly, "and he's pretty much on the same page."

"Why are you so against relationships?" I ask

"I'm not against them, they're just not for me" she shrugs the shoulders.

"Why?"

"The idea of relying on another person, the emotional attachment, it doesn't seem appealing to me. I mean what's the point?" she says simply.

"The point is a companion," I say, "someone to share you're life with"

"I have my friends, my family and work. I'm good without a relationship." She smiles.

I'm staring at her again, trying to understand. Why is she so hard to figure out?

She raises an eyebrow "what?"

"I don't get it," I whisper

"Get what?" she asks

"You".

She looks at me confused then flashes her beautiful smile. "I'm not sure I get myself either" she say, "lets just not try, I'm too messed up" she chuckles, then turns to face the piano.

"Now come on," she says patting my thigh, which sends tingles through my leg at her touch, "play something."

"What?" I say tilting my head

"I haven't heard you play live yet" she says, "Sing something"

"Errr I-I don't know" I'm a little nervous about her hearing me.

"Pleeeease" she drags out, giving me her puppy eye.

"Fine" I give in, "what do you want me to sing"

"You pick" she smiles.

I think for a second, biting my lip. I know which song I want to sing to her, the one I wrote about her. I know I said I was fine being her friend but finding out she had no feelings for Cameron gave me hope.

"Okay" I say turning to place my hand on top of the keys, "but just remember I haven't warmed up" I look back at her

She laughs, "just play" she nudges me and I do.

You just know

Sometimes you feel it in your bones

Though we've heard that hearts can still be wrong

Something's telling me that you're the one

I just know

Even if I had a heart of a stone

You could make it bleed all on your own

You could break it but I hope you won't

I'd burn it down, I'd light up, for you,

I'd risk it all

I'd rather crash, I'd rather crawl

Than never have your love at all

With only bricks to break my fall

For you I'd risk it all

Stand your ground

Win or lose I gotta see this out

Go ahead I'll let you watch me drown

It takes more than this to keep me down

I'm giving in, I'd give it all for you

I'd risk it all

I'd rather crash, I'd rather crawl

Than never have your love at all

With only bricks to break my fall

For you I'd risk it all

Come on just do it

You put me through it

Come on just do it

You put me through it

Come on just do it

You put me through it

I'd burn it down, I'd light it up

I'd take the way

I'm strong enough

Not giving in, not giving up

I'd risk it all

I'd risk it all

Than never have your love at all

With only bricks to break my fall

For you I'd risk it all

I'd rather crash, I'd rather crawl

Than never have your love at all

With only bricks to break my fall

For you I'd risk it all

----

Silver POV

He starts singing and I can honestly say he's amazing. His husky voice fills the room as his fingers play the piano. I'm looking at him the entire time, tracing the lines on his face as he sings with such passion. He looks up at me from time to time, and smiles while singing then drops gaze back to his hands on the piano.

I listen carefully to the lyrics; it's obviously about a girl. I can't help but wonder who. I pang of jealousy hits me but I brush it off. I can't like Bradley, it wouldn't work.

"For you I'd risk it all" he finishes, looking deep in my eye as if he's look for something.

"wow" I whisper.

I smile creeps on his face.

I smile back "that was incredible" I tell him.

"Thank you" he says in his incredible sexy raspy voice. I instinctively bite my lip, his eye flickers down to them for the slightly second then back to my eyes.

"Eeerrr" I say breaking the eye contact, "we should get back outside".

His eyes follow me as I stand up; "right" he says smiling before closing the piano then standing up and following me out.

----

The rest of the night was pretty good. I'm glad Bradley and I had gotten over the awkwardness and back to how it was before. We all hung out for a while till it started getting late and decided it was time to get back. We said out goodbyes and headed home.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2.9K 133 31
A girl finally gets what she has worked her whole life towards. She worked hard to get away from her past and she wanted a new start. When she is of...
69.3K 2K 36
Ava Denver is an average 19 year old girl from London. Ava is a current model working in a modelling agency for a magazine when the vamps manager joe...
476K 9.1K 93
Evelyn Ball is 17 years old and she has a brother who is 18, Connor Ball. Connor is in a band, The Vamps, and Evelyn is very good friends with all of...