Alpha King's Missing Mate (Bo...

By AutumnShore1

Regal Eclipse Pack Series is now available on Kindle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CT96742X?binding=kindle_edit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
A/N

Chapter 53

12.7K 406 14
By AutumnShore1

"Do they live in the pack house?" Jenna asked, as they stepped back out in the hallway.

"Yup, they're next door," he walked down to the a door and stopped.

"Oh." She frowned. It wasn't that she cared that they lived so close; she just knew werewolves had excellent hearing.

"Don't worry. The apartments are soundproof. They won't hear me make you scream in pleasure," he whispered close to her ear, enjoying the blush that appeared on her cheeks.

The door opened, and Daniel stepped inside, Jenna right behind him. She quickly found herself enveloped in a hug from both of Daniel's parents, before they claimed Noelle. She's going to be so spoiled.

She was surprised to see Daniel's Beta sitting on the couch with Matthew in his arms, though Talia was nowhere to be seen. Jenna looked the man over. He looked so familiar to her, though she couldn't place him. She hadn't paid much attention to him yesterday; she'd been too distraught.

He'd had his full attention on Matthew but suddenly looked up when he felt her gaze on him. He stared at her, and Jenna knew he recognized her too. His eyes glowed for a brief moment.

"Have we met?" she asked.

The room grew quiet at her question, everyone looking back and forth between her and Ragnar. His eyes narrowed. "Texas?"

Jenna tipped her head to the side. "At the cafe."

Ragnar nodded, taking a deep breath. "You.." smelled like my mate ".. were pregnant."

"You met her?" Daniel asked incredulously, staring down his Beta.

Ragnar glanced up at him and smiled. "No. I just saw her. She had everyone's attention. They unconsciously knew she was your mate."

Jenna glanced back and forth between them. "Is that why everyone kept bowing their heads to me?"

Ragnar smirked. "Yup." He looked back to Daniel. "I had no idea she was your mate though." And frankly, I was more distracted by the fact that her bag smelled like my mate, he linked Daniel.

Daniel looked at him sharply. Your mate?

It's complicated.

Jenna shook her head. That was also why they kept calling her Luna. She hadn't realized it until now.

They all chatted for a bit more, Noelle growing more spoiled by Charlotte and Caleb, until finally Jenna got the chance to talk to Charlotte somewhat privately. "Daniel said you used to be human. How was turning?"

"You're thinking about it?" Charlotte asked. She was cuddling Noelle in her lap.

"Yes." I've already made up my mind.

"Danny will have to give you his blood, and a few hours later, you'll have your first shift. It's really not bad, Jenna. And it gets easier. After you shift back, you'll sleep for a good twelve to fifteen hours."

Jenna stared at the floor for several moments. Did she still want to do this? She looked at Daniel and saw him watching her. She knew he'd heard their conversation. She gave him a reassuring smile, then turned back to Charlotte. "Where's Talia?"

Caleb and Charlotte's apartment was set up with the same layout that Daniel's was. Talia was in one of the bedrooms, and Jenna slipped in, closing the door behind her. The room was dark, the curtains drawn, and Talia lay on the bed, her back turned towards the door. Jenna crawled on the bed behind her friend and wrapped her arms around her. She felt Talia shake as sobs wracked her body. Her once beautiful, confident friend was just a shell of herself. They laid there for a while before Jenna finally spoke. "Daniel wants to talk to you about the funeral."

Talia took a shuddering breath. "Okay."

Jenna got up off the bed and opened the door, calling for Daniel. He came into her room and sat down on the edge of the bed. "Talia, the funeral arrangements have been made and it will take place on Tuesday. We will fly you there, and be with you the whole time. You don't have to go alone. We can be in and out as quickly as you want. Alpha Quinton knows you're going to be staying with us for a while."

Talia nodded but didn't respond. Daniel got up to leave before she finally spoke. "Thank you, Alpha."

He stopped and turned towards her, then walked back over to her, brushing the hair back from her face. "Oh Talia, it's the least I can do." He got up and left the room.

Jenna looked back down at her friend, her heart breaking.

"Matthew?" Talia whispered.

"Ragnar has him," Jenna told her.

Talia sat up, a flicker of emotion crossing her face. "He does?"

Jenna nodded.

"Can you send him in?"

"Sure. Talia, I'm going to be staying with Daniel if you need anything. I won't be far." Jenna walked out of the room and back to where Ragnar was. "She wants you to bring Matthew to her."

Ragnar nodded and stood, then headed back to Talia's room.

"How long has he been here?" Daniel asked Caleb.

"Since mid-morning. He and Matthew have really taken to each other," Caleb said.

Daniel grunted in response then glanced at Jenna. "We're going to head back home now." He stood.

Jenna found herself enveloped in hugs again before they were out the door. Daniel smiled at her as they walked back to his apartment, a sleeping Noelle in his arms. Jenna had seemed to enjoy herself, though he'd felt the deep sorrow she held for Talia.

Later that night they laid in bed next to each other, both staring at the ceiling.

"I want to go to New York with you for James's funeral. I want to be there for Talia," Jenna told him. "I don't know what my work schedule will be, but I should be able to get it off for a funeral."

"Are you going to keep your job?" Daniel asked her.

"Do I need to?" She asked.

"No. I can give you things to do though if you'd like. There's always plenty to do around here. And I'd love for you to travel with me when I do," Daniel said quietly.

"Okay." Jenna let her mind drift for a few minutes, thinking over the time they'd spent with Caleb and Charlotte. "When will you turn me?"

Daniel rolled on to his side to look at her. He'd been thinking about that most of the evening. "Preferably before the funeral. The less people that know you are human, the better."

She glanced at him and said the first thing that popped in her mind. "You don't want people to know that I'm human?"

"I don't care about that. I just don't want people to know that I can change humans to wolves," Daniel explained. "I'd like to turn you this weekend." He watched her tongue dart out to lick her lips. He could feel her nerves.

"I should probably quit tomorrow night then. What about Noelle?"

"What about her?" Daniel asked, confused by her question.

"If I'm out for twelve to fifteen hours..." she stopped, glancing at him.

"Will she take a bottle?" He hadn't thought about that. "Who takes care of her while you're working?"

"My dad and brother. I.. pump, and they give her that. Though anymore, she eats so much, its hard for me to keep up. I'm going to have to start giving her formula I guess," Jenna stared up at the ceiling again. It was a little odd talking to him about this.

"We can talk to Ben tomorrow if you'd like," Daniel suggested.

"I'd like that," she agreed.

The both grew silent again, and Jenna closed her eyes. She let her mind drift back to that night, to each caress, the way he'd touched her, the pleasure he'd given her.

You're mine Jenna

Always.

"JENNA," Daniel growled, startling her out of her thoughts. She thought he was asleep.

"What?"

He was suddenly looming over her. "I know where your mind is at, Little Mate."

She swallowed hard, looking up at him. She could feel him against her, the tingles pleasantly traveling over her skin at the contact. She licked her lips and his eyes darted down, following the action.

He leaned down, his lips inches from her ear. "I can feel that you're aroused, and it arouses me." He trailed kisses down her neck, and nipped at her mark, causing her to moan. He rolled off her and onto his side, pulling her onto hers so she was facing him. His hand slid down to her bare thigh, as he stared at her.

"Did it happen every time?" she whispered with a half smile. "Where you turned on every time?"

His eyes glowed blue. "Yes," he growled, then kissed her.

Jenna parted her lips, letting him explore her mouth, as she felt his hand under her night shirt.  It slid over her panties, up her side, and grazed the side of her breast, before trailing forward towards her nipple. She groaned as he suddenly let go of her and rolled away and on to his back.

Noelle started to cry, and Jenna sighed. She slipped out of the bed and grabbed Noelle out of the playpen Daniel had borrowed from somewhere. She changed her diaper as Daniel got up and disappeared into the bathroom. She heard the shower flip on a moment later.

In the bathroom, Daniel stood in the cold shower trying to calm himself down. He could feel Jenna's confusion and resignation and he realized he'd heard Noelle cry before she had. It had startled him. He's forgotten for a moment that they weren't alone and it had disconcerted him. He sighed. He'd have to get over that quickly. Once Jenna turned, she would feel the mate bond just as strongly as he did, and she would be driven to mark him. They wouldn't be able to get enough of each other. He ran his hands over his face. It was so difficult now for him to keep his distance. Patience.

Daniel shut the cold water off, and grabbed a towel. He dried himself off quickly and slipped his sweats and T-shirt back on, then left the bathroom.

Jenna was seated in the chair again, nursing Noelle. She was right. Noelle was a voracious eater, and he was concerned that if she continued eating the way she was, Jenna wouldn't be able to keep up.

She finally finished, and Daniel took her from Jenna, letting her get up to go to the bathroom. She sighed softly as she stood there staring at herself in the mirror. So much had happened in the last several days, ever since she'd seen Daniel at the diner. That had set off a chain of events and she'd been on an emotional rollercoaster since.

Jenna sat down on the edge of the bathtub and let the tears flow. She was so emotionally exhausted.

The bathroom door opened and Daniel walked in. He'd felt her growing overwhelmed, and came to find her.

She stood up and brushed the tears away. "I'm sorry, I'm just ..." She stopped, not even sure what to say, and wrapped her arms around herself.

"Overwhelmed?" Daniel asked as he reached out and touched her arm.

Jenna nodded, but felt herself relax at his touch. "How do you do that?"

"It's a mate thing. I can calm you, and you calm me." He continued to rub her arm. "Before we got Noelle back, that's why I kept touching you. So I wouldn't lose it."

"It's just been a lot. First Noelle's birth, then my mom's death, and then this week... seeing you again, and I thought you didn't remember me, then reconnecting with Talia, seeing you again in New York City, Noelle's kidnapping, watching you die, and now I'm moving in with you, and getting ready to quit my job, and be turned into a werewolf." Jenna let him pull her into his arms.

He didn't say anything, just held her close for several moments.

"Is the bathroom floor heated?" She suddenly asked.

Daniel laughed. "Yeah, the floor in here is heated. So are the towel racks. Do you want to take a hot bath to relax?"

She was quiet for a moment. "Okay. I wouldn't mind that."

"Go sit down in the bedroom and I'll get it ready for you." He kissed her forehead, and let go of her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 8.9K 67
Book 3 of the Regal Eclipse Series This book contains spoilers for Book 1 - Alpha King's Missing Mate and Book 2 - The Alpha King's Slave After wi...
2.8M 124K 99
Nova thought once she settled into her new role as Luna that all would be well, but with disappearances and a threat of vampires on her pack's border...
2.8M 76.4K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
167K 7.3K 46
Regal Eclipse Pack Series is now available on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CT96742X?binding=kindle_edition&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_pc_tkin Book 2 of...