There is Something in the Sum...

Av Ghostwriter0411

AKA the Secrets of Sulphur Springs x High School Musical the Musical the Series crossover nobody asked for. A... Mer

Season 1
Chapter 1: You Never Know, Which Way The Ride Could Take You
Chapter 2: When You Walk Out of the Doorway, It's Just the Place to Start
Chapter 4: Pictures of You, Pictures of Me (Remind Us All of What We Used to Be)
Chapter 5: Morning Mayhem

Chapter 3: The Calm Before the Storm

47 3 19
Av Ghostwriter0411

Welcome to September's update, the Golden Trio have finally reached Sulphur Springs. Hope you'll like their interaction (mainly EJ's) with the Campbell family members.

Disclaimer: I do not own Secrets of Sulphur Springs, High School Musical: The Musical Series or all the other offscreen mentioned fandoms. Ten and Jeonghan are from 'Weightless' and they belong to my friend @zealous_light, I only own my Original Characters. With that being said, enjoy!

— — — — — — — — — — —

After driving for almost 4 days in a row (with pit stops, sleeping overnight at motels, and small shopping sprees halfway), they've finally made it to Sulphur Springs.

This seems like a rather quiet town, but the people they've met are nice so far. But then again, the only place they've stopped at so far is the local flower shop. The lady who runs the store seems nice, and the part-timer boy was sweet.

"I can't believe you refused to sleep." Cress frowned at EJ.

"You showed me a HORROR movie on your laptop. How else am I supposed to sleep?!" EJ exclaimed.

"Eh, this is still one of the tamer movies." Cress shrugged nonchalantly, much to EJ's (and Ten's) bafflement.

"I stopped paying attention the moment the opening credits went on. I told you to tune it all out, but you never listened." Ten rolled his eyes. He immediately went to sleep while EJ remained wide awake by the end of the film.

This was JUST LIKE when she first showed them 'Coraline' when they were 14. EJ was so traumatized by the movie, he slept at Ten's place for a whole week. It took both Ten and his cousin Tern (who was visiting for the summer holidays) to drag him out for meals.

"We're getting close to the hotel." EJ noticed the signboards leading to the old hotel.

"Over there! That signboard." Cress pointed at a worn-out signboard by the end of the road.

'Tremont Hotel'

"We're here." Ten pulled over, as the three teens looked at the run-down Tremont Hotel.

"How do I look?" EJ checked his reflection in the mirror, before asking for his friends' opinions.

"Like a dork with zero fashion sense." Cress teased. That earned a light nudge on the shoulder from her tall friend.

"How dare you, I've been told I'm handsome." EJ puffed his chest confidently.

"Compliments from your Mama don't count." Cress snorted.

"Complimenting your own reflection in the mirror doesn't count." Ten smirked playfully, before he exchanged a hi-5 with Cress.

At times like these, EJ forgot how (endearingly) annoying his two friends can be when they gang up on him. Ten is usually the Mediator, but even then, his mischievous side shows once in a while.

— — — — — — — — — — —

After smoothing the crinkles of his shirt, EJ stepped forward and hesitantly knocked on the front door. A few seconds later, the door opens as a woman with auburn hair stepped out.

Sarah (nee Jones) Campbell. Or as EJ (and Ashlyn) call her,

"Hey Aunt Sarah." EJ gave a tiny smile to the red-haired woman.

"I wish I was here under better circumstances, but I honestly don't really know where else to go...I don't want to go back to Salt Lake City..." EJ explained, hoping to sound more confident, "A few of my friends have invited me to spend the gap year at Wellard, but part of me just felt like coming here."

"You're always welcomed to our home, Elton." Sarah smiled warmly, her arms enveloping her nephew into a hug. "Even if it's all the way in Louisiana now."

When was the last time his parents even hugged him? They were always busy with work. The closest he could remember was his mom giving him a chaste hug during his Senior Year Graduation Day.

It's been so long since someone's hugged him like that...EJ can't help but hug his aunt back.

"Nice place you own, Uncle Ben." The older teen complimented, looking around the old hotel. It looked a bit (ok, a lot) rundown but Ten has shown them all pictures of what the Tremont Hotel used to look like back in the day.

"It's not much now, but with a little work this place will be as great as it was." Ben replied with a smile, looking around the old hotel with a rather proud expression.

"The architecture is impressive though." Ten mumbled, as Cress nods in agreement. The two teens admired the inner part of the hotel with curiosity.

"Maybe we could help out around here? I mean we are kinda intruding on your home, so we might as well work to earn our keep." EJ suggested with a mildly hopeful smile.

"Nonsense, you're family. You never have to 'earn your keep' around here. This applies to your friends too." Ben shook his head. "But I do appreciate your offer to help out."

"I brought some housewarming gifts." EJ gave his uncle a tiny smile, holding out a bouquet of flowers for his aunt. There was also a smaller bouquet for his cousin Zoey.

"He dragged us into a shopping spree on the way here." Ten informed, before he nodded politely at the older couple. "Good to see you again, Mr and Mrs Campbell."

"The rest of the gifts are in the trunk." EJ looked over his shoulder at his car.

"Where are Griffin, Wyatt and Zoey?" The tall teen looked around for his younger cousins.

"Upstairs, they'd be so excited to see you." Sarah replied.

"Kids, come down here," Ben called out. "We have a surprise for you!"

The three older teens could hear pitter-patter footsteps walking down the stairs.

"Unless dad decides for us to move back to Chicago last minute, I highly doubt this is a good surprise." An older sounding child grumbled out loud, still feeling grumpy that he has to move far away from Chicago to somewhere new.

"Maybe it's a puppy!" A girl's voice wondered thoughtfully.

"Or a new bike!" A boy suggested.

The voices got louder as three figures descended from the stairs and noticed the guests.

"EJ!" A boy with brown hair (the oldest among the three kids) grinned.

"Best surprise ever!" A little boy with red hair beamed at their older cousin.

"COUSIN CUDDLE PILE!" A little girl squealed in glee.

"Wait no Zoe, I'm still holding my bags-!" EJ yelped.

Before EJ could react, his three cousins had launched themselves at the older boy like human torpedos. Wyatt and Zoey grabbed onto his left and right arm respectively. While their older brother Griffin launched himself onto EJ's back, holding onto his shoulders.

"I missed you too, buds." EJ laughed.

"Aww, that's so cute." Cress was in a fit of giggles, she can't get over how adorable and affectionate EJ's younger cousins were to him.

"Caswell is like a human coat rack right now." Ten remarked, hiding his amused smile.

"Where's Ashlyn?" the little girl looked around.

"Her fall semester is starting soon, so she couldn't come. Sorry Zoe..." EJ replied, looking rather apologetic Ashlyn couldn't come.

"Boo, I'm overnumbered by boys!" Zoey whined.

"On the bright side, here's a bouquet of flowers to cheer you up." EJ said, before a happy smile appeared on Zoey's face.

"I love it! Thanks EJ!" Zoey squealed.

"I'll get a vase." Sarah shook her head, a fond smile never leaving her face.

"Did Ten and Cress come with you?" One of the twins (a tiny boy with red hair) asked, spotting his older cousin's friends with him.

"Yup." EJ replied with a nod. His best friends are like his shadows, always by his side. Even in his worst times, they're with him through thick and thin.

"Hi. Thank you for having us." Cress gave her best smile to EJ's relatives.

"Oh! I remember you two. You guys came over to Ashlyn's house for Spring Break, right?" Griffin remembered. He's met Ten a few times over the years, and EJ never stops bringing up his best friend.

That, and the Campbells very recently went to SLC for Spring Break to house-sit for the Caswell family earlier this year. And also showed up for their 'Beauty and the Beast' performance.

Griffin had many questions why EJ's teacher (Miss Jenn) thought it was a good idea to cast two cousins playing as the female lead (Belle) and the rejected villain with a crush (Gaston).

"What brings you here anyways? I thought you were supposed to be in Hollywood for that Frozen trailer premiere." Zoey asked. She didn't seem to notice how the older teens tensed up at the mention of the docu-series premiere.

"We were. But long version short, the camera guy filmed and edited the doc trailer and made everyone look..." EJ replied, before settling on a word, "Trashy."

"It was a sh-" Cress grumbled, before she quickly refrained from swearing in front of children, "Stupid dumpster fire."

"I mean the trailer editing was still saved by Cress's older sister Calix, but the damage was already done." Ten added, crossing his arms.

"You can talk about it later when you're ready to," Sarah put a hand on EJ's shoulder, offering him some reassurance.

"So for the time being, your cousin EJ and his friends will be staying with us." Sarah informed her kids.

"We've only been able to clean up a few rooms so far, so I'm afraid you three have to share a room for the moment." Sarah looked at her nephew and his friends.

"No worries, we can manage." EJ nodded.

"I can take the floor while Cress gets the bed." Ten offered.

"Aww, thanks Tenny!" Cress smiled at his kind gesture.

Luckily, the three kids didn't seem too upset about this arrangement.

"We can have a sleepover!" Zoey eagerly suggested, earning an equally excited grin from her two brothers.

"Do you do sleepovers with your cousins?" Cress looked at EJ.

"EJ and Ashlyn babysit us sometimes, and they always throw the best sleepovers." Zoey answered.

"EJ makes the best pillow forts!" Wyatt exclaimed eagerly.

"Ashlyn would bake us cookies to start movie night." Griffin remembered.

"You never fail to impress me, Caswell." Ten chuckled. "What else are you hiding beneath your Big Man on Campus look?"

"You three drive a hard bargain, but my schedule is clear for the moment, yeah." EJ pretended to think it through before agreeing.
"Yay!" The younger twins cheered as they threw their arms around EJ for a hug.

"I've been practicing my guitar, wanna hear some riffs I've been working on?" Griffin asked.

"Of course, Griff." EJ nodded.

"Is it a natural Caswell and cousins thing where you're all musically talented with an instrument?" Cress wondered out loud. "I mean Ashlyn plays the piano, EJ plays the guitar and piano, and apparently your cousin here also plays guitar."

"I wouldn't be so surprised, EJ taught me how to play guitar when I was a kid." Griffin smiled in acknowledgement.

"Just when I thought EJ couldn't get more endearing than he already is." Cress cooed, causing EJ to groan in embarrassment.

"We should get the things in. Looks like a storm's coming." Ten looked out the windows and saw a heavy overcast looming on the horizon.

"I'll show you to your rooms." said Sarah.

"No, I wanna show him his room." Wyatt volunteered to give his cousin a tour.

"You haven't seen anything besides our rooms, Wyatt." Zoey corrected her twin.

"Hey EJ, wanna shoot some hoops when we have the time?" Griffin eagerly asked his cousin. He considers himself to be decent at basketball, it makes good practice to play against his cousin.

"How about 2 against 2 then? Me and you against Ten and Cress?" EJ nodded his head.

"Ah I see, Tall-Short team vs Tall-Short cousins." Cress snorted in amusement, amused at the competition sparking in the air. Competitiveness was something that ran in the Caswell side of the family; she's not sure if it's the same for the Campbell family.

There's something that's...warm about Aunt Sarah's family. Despite just arriving here in a run-down hotel, something tells EJ he'll enjoy his visit here.

— — — — — — — — — — —

That's all for chapter 2, the Golden Trio are now officially in Sulphur Springs in time for the plot. Buckle up, Wildcats (or Sulphur Springs Hawks), we're in for a very long ride.

Chapter Talk: -

(1.) I will expand a bit on Sulphur Springs residents later on. I'm so excited to expand on worldbuilding with a brand-new set of cast and characters. And as much as I love the Sulphur Springs crew (Campbells, Dunns and Savannah), I can't wait to introduce the residents of Sulphur Springs. Some of them may have made some early cameos/mentions. Also I have given Sarah a last name (Maiden Name) in this story, and that's 'Jones'.

(2.) EJ (and Ashlyn) acts as an Older Sibling Figure to the Campbell siblings (and this extends to the kids' new friends later on). I'm a softie for Big Sibling types, and I want EJ and his friends to be reliable sibling figures to the younger kids. And trust me, with enough Time Travel induced Trauma, Griffin (and Harper) will need someone to talk to.

(3.) Despite how rushed the plot can be, I plan to add some breather episodes/chapters in-between so the cast can catch a short break. Preston Oliver mentions he's quite good at basketball in real life. So I can see him and EJ playing basketball against one another. Or make it 2 against 2 with EJ's friends around.

Sidenote, I can see Harffin recreating Troyella moments in their teen years.

Next up for the Golden Trio and the Campbell Trio: the anticipated Cousins Sleepovers. Feel free to leave a comment down below and let me know what you think of the chapter. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

419K 10K 83
What if Mikael has a fear? What if his children shared this fear? What if he came to Mystic Falls? As Ester is defeated and Finn is still alive and...
39.7K 921 46
When a heartbroken Nini is finally ready to hang out with her friends again, she realizes it's going to be a lot harder than what she prepared for. W...
25.7K 376 61
(𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐒) 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 /// 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐮𝐧𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞...
4.4K 809 47
Seventeen years into Oli's life he can say he honestly hates lies and tries to never tell one- however- that's hypocritical of him because he has a s...