Villainess disappeared before...

By KoEris

Orealia is young daughter of the Duke of Redcliff. She is a child who has it all, yet when things don't go he... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
Author's Note
Introducing Characters

CHAPTER 10

194 7 9
By KoEris

We were through the magical entrance, and in no time we reached the castle.

I was thrilled with the thought of a decent castle. Not one that the demon lord resides in. But okay, I will have to manage anyhow!

The carriage stopped. I looked at Callixto to give me a sign!

He didn't say a word and got off the carriage. He extended his right hand, and I took it like it would disappear if I didn't hold it quickly. I blinked slightly slow, and I got out of the carriage.

What is that?

Damn, is that the castle?! I dropped my jaw looking at that. It was astounding to see such a colossal castle, with a hint of regal, and it wasn't ostentatious.

Arghhh! Look at this guy! Living like some prince! And here I am, that Cinderella who was never destined to meet the prince! Not in my world, not in Orealia's world!

"Wife?" Callixto said it with a concerned voice.

"Huh?" I looked at him in a daze. I lost my sanity for a while there. What is up with me? Prince and Cinderella? Get your act together!
I held his hand, and he escorted me inside.

"Welcome, Your Excellency."
"Welcome, Madam"
Butler bowed his head, smiled warmly at Callixto, and gave a slightly less welcoming smile to me.

"I am Kadburn Lieyel. I am at your service."

I slightly lifted the corners of my lips and accepted his greetings.
Servants lined up to greet us as well. I could sense their curiosity and hostility. I knew I wasn't welcomed here, but... it still hurts! I am not Orealia. I am not used to everyone hating on me! And most importantly, I don't want someone to poison me out of hatred. Aaah! That thought just gave me chills!

"Show her to her room." Butler Kadburn Lieyel commanded a maid.

"Greetings Madam."
"Let me show you to your room."

I quietly followed that maid, and Silvy joined me.

"This is your room, madam."

I looked around, and it wasn't as magnificent as the castle looked, but it wasn't humble for some commoners either. A big room with all the things I needed. I looked around and found nothing uncomfortable. It was made with consideration of my needs, I guess.

"Madam, I am Lily. Please allow me to help you with anything you need."

"Lily, thank you. But I would like to rest for now. If there is anything I need to know, please tell me; otherwise, don't disturb me till dinner time."

"As you wish, Madam." She said that and left the room.

Silvy was standing in a corner in a still position. I laughed at her.
"Haha, Silvy How long are you planning to stand there? Come sit here." I pointed at the chair beside mine.

We sat down. I was exhausted after a long journey! I guess Silvy was also not in a condition to talk. I felt a bit awkward asking for her to help me, but she was the only ally I had!
I asked, "Silvy Will you mind helping me with a bath?"

She got all fired up. "Leave it to me, my lady!"

I smiled. It's so good to have someone reliable!

She drew a bath for me. I soaked my body in the tub to let go of all the exhaustion.

"Silvy I am fine. You can go and bathe as well and get some rest."

She didn't resist at all. She must be tired. I thought.

Aaa, this is so good! The warm water is soothing my body, and whatever is mixed in this water is fragrant and relaxing!

I closed my eyes.

                          ***

"Is anyone going to take her?" A woman with a concerned look asked.

"It is difficult when she doesn't talk much or doesn't show many emotions." The other woman replied.

A child in her later childhood years 'her lips forming a straight line and her emotionless eyes blinking'. She was looking down on the floor, counting one, two, three, four,__  ten...

"Let's take you to your room." The woman said that and took the child to her room.

"Child, don't be scared. It's not your fault. Have some rest." She left.

"No one will want to take a gloomy child! I know that I don't want to go. I don't want a family."

"Emotions? I don't have those things. I... Tears rolled down her cheeks and fell on her hands, which were resting on her lap. I... Sniff, sniff... I don't.. I don't cry..."

                        ***

I opened my eyes. "What a memory to remember!" I smirked.

In this warm tub and fancy life, what am I feeling bad about?

I cried a loud sigh!

I should get some rest.

I got out of the tub, wore my robe, and realized I forgot the night dress in the room.

"Not like there is anything to worry about!"

I picked up the dress from the bed, took it to the bathroom, and got dressed up for the bed.

A silk dress is the best! The soft fabric caressing my skin...

I love it! I screamed with joy.

I jumped on the bed. Finally, a comfortable bed and no one to pester me.

I fell asleep as quickly as I hit the bed.

Before I could ponder my situation, it was already morning, and Silvy was ready for me like every other day.

"My lady? Are you awake?"

I wasn't fully awake or asleep; it was something in the middle. I opened my eyes, and Silvy was standing right before me with a basin to wash my face.

"My lady would like to have breakfast now?"

"Yes, bring me breakfast first, and then help me get ready."

"I will be back."

She left, and I sat there waiting for her.

I realized the most important thing. He still hasn't told me about 'why he needed me'.

I guess I can't get anywhere by stressing myself, so let's just enjoy and rest while I can. I nodded to myself.

"I know I'm smart." A proud smile spread on my face.

INSIDE THE KITCHEN

Hey, "Lily, isn't she 'that maid' who came with that red-headed woman?" Penny whispered.

"Quite down, Penny! What if she heard you? You know that woman isn't the one to mess with; have you not seen her face?" Lily retorted.

"Fine! Just ask her what she wants." Penny whispered.

"You are Lady Orealia's maid, right?! Do you need something?" Lily asked.

"Yes, I'm here to take my lady's food." Silvy, firmly declared. She was acting like a knight wearing armor who would wield a weapon with the slightest tension in the air.

Penny and Lily looked at each other and moved their eyes as if they were strategizing something for an attack!

Penny blinked at Lily and asked her, "Please do it. I have to go check on my other duties, or else the head maid will scold me! Please!" She said this as she begged Lily to do the work herself.

Penny left in a hurry.

Silvy quietly watched Lily prepare the food arrangements.

"Wait...!" Silvy screamed. Her eyes widened as if she saw something she shouldn't have.

Lily dropped the spoon from her hand. Clang! The spoon touched the ground, and silence touched the roof.

Lily inhaled deeply and asked, "What happened? Is something not right?"

Silvy glared at her with no grain of faith.

"I-I I will taste the food before serving it to my lady!" Silvy assert.

She was back to wearing the armor, and this time she was wielding a bow with a quiver of arrows.

Lily quietly passed the plate of food to Silvy.

Lily had sweaty hands; her eyes were drowning in fear, and those trembling pupils were unexpectedly noticeable.

Silvy took a bite and waited a minute. She tasted all the food, and to her surprise, nothing was wrong. She took the food and left the kitchen.

"Haah!" Lily wiped the sweat off her hands and took a deep breath. "Ohh-aa! I was so scared for a minute there! I didn't even do anything! But... The way she was staring at me made me all nervous. Do I have to deal with this every day?!

I would rather leave this job and run away!

Who am I joking? I have to make money! Argh!"

IN OREALIA'S ROOM

"My lady. I brought you food."

"Ah! Thank you so much, Silvy. I was famished!"

She was eating food in bed. There is no one to complain about 'ladylike behavior'.

Orealia stuffed the food in her mouth with a large bite, and she puffed out her cheeks, holding all the food in her mouth without chewing or swallowing.

She was looking like a pufferfish that puffs up when threatened.

Silvy noticed that quickly and said, "My lady, please rest assured, I have checked your meal and everything is fine."

She felt relieved and devoured the food.

Silvy looked at her with surprise, and she thought, 'My lady looks warm and nice when she acts like that. She chuckled and quickly hid her emotions.

"Silvy... Help me get ready." Orealia said.

Silvy murmured, "And she's back to her original self!" Sigh!

Little did she know that the woman she is serving has no connection to the Original Orealia.

Orealia dressed up in a gorgeous red gown that complemented her skin and eyes. Her hair cascading down her shoulder only made her more beautiful and scintillating.

Red gown with long sleeves covering her wrists. A well-sewn round neckline that accentuates her collar bones and mesmerizing eyes would enchant any person effortlessly.

'She is dazzling,' Orealia whispered, looking into the mirror.

I still don't believe that, this exquisite face exists and  her resplendent eyes are real! Every time I see her face I am struck by the reality reminding me that it's not a dream!

That enticing look can bring any prince down on his knees and beg her to marry him, but... right! She's Orealia, "the annoying Orealia." She thought as she rolled her eyes.

"My lady, you look more beautiful."

"Thank you, Silvy. It's your handy skills that make my make-up look flawless." Orealia replied, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

She turned back to Silvy and said, "Perhaps I should meet the Duke."

"That, my lady." Silvy's eyes were sparkling with all sorts of anticipation. She still has the false impression of their 'love'.

"I have decided. Go and ask the butler to deliver my message to the Duke that I want to meet him."

.
.
.
.

"What did he say?!"

Hi readers 👋
It's good to be back 🥺
Thank you for waiting this long❤️✨✨
I had a lot on my plate and I still can't promise anything, But I will keep writing and here's a heads-up for slow updates 🫡
Let me know your views and suggestions in the comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

519K 31.4K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...
53.6K 2K 24
After I died in the modern world I was born in a magical realm with scheming nobles, magical creatures, and a magic academy straight out of hogwarts...
3.5K 138 22
Doom! One day, I became the daughter of Lucellai, the villainess in a novel. She, who fails to kill the Empress, ends up with a terrible death in the...
818 51 57
Wordcount: 88.33K A bully in school, a parasite as a grown-up. The shadow of a man. A shunned member of society. Such are the descriptions given if o...