What are you running from?

Door Zero31104

Everyone in their lives at one point or another has run away from something. Jobs, families, commitments, but... Meer

New beginning
Struggling
Warning signs
Bigger things

The summoning

193 11 1
Door Zero31104

Feet hit the ground hard as Danny ran through the rain. His hair was sopping wet and stick down on his head. Water droplets fell down his face.

Danny panted as he ran. The rain made the streets slippery and Danny found it hard to stay on his feet, he stumbled more than a few times.

Danny had underestimated just how dangerous Gotham was. He managed pretty well for the most part.

He now knows to hold onto his things tightly after more than a few pickpockets tried to rob him.

Now Danny was running from someone far more dangerous than your common mugger.

Danny hid behind a wall and focused on keeping his ecto signature untraceable. Running away wouldn't help him if he was found for having and ecto signature.

Danny listened as his heart pounded. The clopping sound of shoes on pavement caught his attention. He held his own hand over his mouth to stifle the sound of his ragged breathing.

What were they even doing here?! Had they somehow followed him? Why couldn't they just go away!

The footsteps stopped not far from where he was hiding.

Danny stared at his feet to calm himself. Then they started glowing.

Danny almost shrieked in fright. Danny examined his hands and arms. His entire body was glowing. It was a dim lit green. It kept getting brighter casting green shadows on the wall opposite of him. Alerting his enemy.

"No, no, no why now?!" He moaned as he shook his arm violently trying to see if the glow would go away.

Suddenly Danny was jerked violently. He could hear the shouting of the government sponsored agents behind him, no doubt pointing guns. Luckily they didn't see Danny Fenton in the bright green.

Danny turned intangible, scared of what was happening to him. He wasn't flying on his own, something was making him go ina certain direction so fast that the air seemed like a tunnel.

Danny crashed to the ground without warning. He was glad he was intangible because the strange invisible force took him straight through a roof.

Danny landed on a hard wood floor hard. Danny shook his head as the blood rushed to it.

"HOLY SHIT!" a voice shouted. Danny jumped scared shitless. When he looked up he saw a severely burned face staring at him.

He didn't really feel scared by the face, he had seen worse looking ghosts.

"What- what did you DO?!" An older guy asked in horror as he saw the scarred man peering excitedly at the kid.

"Don't worry Constantine, everythings fine, just a kid" the scarred man said dismissing the child as dangerous.

"You idiot! My circle doesn't summon humans!"

John took a quick glance before groaning out again. First of all, it was a demon. Second of all, it was the demon that killed that child. Phantom.

The one that everyone's been after, a blood thirsty monster.

Danny tried to step out of the circle, but an invisible force held him in the circle. John pulled the other man back.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! IF HE GETS OUT HE'LL MURDER BOTH OF US?!?!" John shouted.

"I thought you wanted to die" the other man said.

"Deadpool...I want to die a less gruesome way" Constantine said as he glanced back at the creature.

Danny backed away from the edge of the circle.

"Um, can you like, let me out of here?" He asked as he touched the force field keeping him inside.

John's eyes opened wide. To have enough energy to speak, it would have to be insanely powerful.

"What?" He asked in disbelief.

John let go of Wade.

"He won't let you out" Wade said.

John held his breath waiting for an angry outburst.

Danny looked at the two of them.

"Is it... because of what everyone's saying about me?" He asked. He immediately regretted it. Of course it was!

He held up his hand.

"Never mind, I know the answer to that." He said sitting down dejectedly.

"You killed a kid, why?" John asked. He couldn't understand. Normally if a spectral being kills it out of revenge.

Danny averted his eyes.

"ANSWER ME! WHY DID YOU DO IT!" John berated him. Danny's eyes flashed as he flew up from his previous sitting position.

"I DIDN'T!" Danny shouted at Constantine with a snarl. Danny shook his head as he saw the mans expression.

The man doesn't believe him, he hates him, was probably scared of him.

"If your gonna turn me in, do it already!" Danny said backing away.

"Your not the only one who wants to die sometimes" Danny grumbled.

John looked at the demon with surprise. It didn't know It was dead?

"But your already dead" Wade said.

Danny let out a soft wheezing laugh.

"Yeah, somewhat" Danny mumbled.

"If you didn't kill the kid, then who did?" John asked skeptically.

"He was just someone I couldn't save" Danny said. It was strange talking about his other half like it was dead. But he wasn't ready to give up his only disguise.

"If you won't let me out, I'll let myself out" Danny said.

John scrambled away.

"Should I call em?" Wade asked.

"YES!" John shouted at his stupid companion.

Danny closed his eyes and opened his mouth. The invisible field vibrated as the wail attacked it.

The circle glowed a dim red. Danny foot smudged the red line on the floor.

John stood in front of Wade as the spirit stepped from the circle. He was prepared for the fight of his life, however the spirit gave him a sad glance before escaping.

"CRAP WADE!" John said.

Wade shrugged. It wasn't like he didn't do stuff like that on the daily.

John went back to the room he had come from revealing piles of articles and a cork board with strings going from documents to pictures.

Seconds later several members of the justice league showed up.

"He's gone" John announced to them.

"You summoned him without justice league present-" Batman began.

"If you summoned him once, can't you do it again?" Superman asked interrupting Batmans rant.

"Probably, but he would just escape again"

"Let's do it!" Wade said enthusiastically, now with his mask back on.

"It could help, it may be a wise decision." Wonder women said wisely.

"Fortify this circle, make it stronger" Batman ordered.

"We'll need some more people here in case the demon becomes murderous" Batman said.

"I'll call them" Superman offered. Bruce narrowed his eyes.

"Call us when the circle is ready" Batman said before leaving out the window using his grappling hook gun.

John Constantine studied the portal. It was a low level portal right now, but he would need something to make it stronger.

He grabbed a locked case. Inside was a book he was sworn to protect. Because it held secrets that could tear open his dimension and destroy the universe.

Lucky for him though, even if a villain got their hands on it, they couldn't use it. They needed a conduit for that. For John was his own conduit, being the powerful sorcerer that he was.

He flipped through it's pages. One page caught his eye. On the page was the illustration of a rose like flower in a shade of deep red.

"Blood blossoms" he murmured. But they were rare and some even thought they were extinct.

He wondered if he could summon the plant.

He drew a smaller circle with white salt. Pricking his finger, he followed the instructions of the book, smearing the blood inside the circle.

The salt began to absorb the quickly drying red streaks on the floor. John lighted five candles within the circle.

There was one last thing. John tore out a piece of hair and put on top of a candle.

The circle lit up causing John to scramble back. There was a fizzing sparking flash.

John waited for his eyes to adjust to the usual light if the room and smirked at the cluster if blood blossoms.

Now he had what he needed.

Danny shivered as he walked down the street, he was still drenched and now he was cold.

Danny cursed at his luck. Or lack there-of.

He was somewhat grateful for the summons, it gave him a chance to get away from the GIW agents. Danny pulled his jacket in tighter to ward off the cool chill in the air. The eerieness of gotham made Danny feel on edge.

There were a many places to hide here. Most of the abandoned buildings were inhabited by criminals and squatters. Which is what Danny would be if he moved in.

Danny was already seen as a fugitive murdering demon. Last thing he needed was everyone out to get his human half as well.

"This so STUPID!" Danny shouted kicking some garbage into an alley.

He was tired of being seen as a murderer. Tired of seeing people talk about his human half with gentle love and curse out his ghost half.

He just wanted to be loved for who he was. But it was too late for that. Even if he went back to his parents, he knew they wouldn't be able to accept him.

His friends, forget about it. They would hate him forever. Jazz, she would probably forgive him, in time. But either way the world would fins it who Danny Fenton really was.

He couldn't let that happen. He clenched his teeth. They turned on their only heir so quickly as if he was nothing more than a ghost.

Well he was way more than just a ghost.

Danny calmed himself down, no use getting all strung up on something that he couldn't change.

Danny sighed and curled up under a shops awning. At least he would be dry. Thankfully the awning was somewhat out of sight so he wouldn't be bothered.

Danny slept fitfully all night. Horrific images played through his head. Of his human half lying dead underneath rubble while his ghost half hissed at people.

A sharp pain in his core sent him jerking awake. He woke up panting and holding his chest.

His heart stopped when he saw a familiar image in front of him. An unpleasant plant that reeked. The pain stretched over him, singing him from what felt like the inside out.

Danny screamed out it agony. He was lined by tears as he looked around him. A circle of blood blossoms was around him.

He screamed at the pain. He screamed at the blood blossoms. He screamed at the world.

Why did everyone hate him so much?

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.7M 56.5K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
130K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
1.1M 44.3K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
423K 17.2K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...