A Battle For My Heart (Klaus...

InSearchOfFlames द्वारा

When Leighanne Saltzman learns of her father's death, she heads to New Orleans in hope of a fresh start. What... अधिक

Chapter 1: The Last Letter
Chapter 2: Daddy's Dead
Chapter 3: Welcome to New Orleans
Chapter 4: Meeting the Monster
Chapter 5: Sick
Chapter 6: Life or Death
Chapter 7: The Ball
Chapter 8: Dreams
Chapter 9: Breakdown
Chapter 10: Written Apology
Chapter 11: A Night To Remember
Chapter 12: Unforgettable Night
Chapter 13: Back Home
Chapter 14: Compelled
Chapter 15: Kidnapped & Revenge
Chapter 16: Hexed
Chapter 17: Tell Me
Chapter 18: This is Love
Chapter 19: Date Night
Chapter 21: Running & Water
Chapter 22: Leaving
Chapter 23: Secrets
Chapter 24: Truth
Chapter 25: Farewell
Chapter 26: Bartender
Chapter 27: Moving On
Chapter 28: No More Vampires
Chapter 29: Surprise
Chapter 30: Heading North
Chapter 31: Oh Baby!

Chapter 20: Training

16 0 0
InSearchOfFlames द्वारा

I opened my eyes and was in bed. Klaus must've moved me last night. I sat up and stretched. I looked over and seen Klaus lying in bed beside me, sleeping. The fear was creeping back up on me. I can't be hunted and tortured. I won't let them. I felt tears roll down my face. I looked at the clock in the wall. The time read 5:38am. I sighed and got out of bed, heading for the bathroom to take a shower. I washed my hair and body. I leaned against the shower, scared to move. The thought of people chasing me, searching for me, wanting to kill me, makes me paranoid. I step out of the shower, and seen the razor. I shook my head trying to get the idea out of my head. I got dressed and stood there in the mirror. looked at the razor again. I can't help it. I broke it apart and thought about how I could do this without Klaus seeing. I pulled my pant leg down and made a few cuts on my right leg. I looked in the mirror, feeling slightly better, yet worse than before. I braided my hair to the side, and went back to bed. I pulled out my phone, I looked at my contacts and I saw that Klaus had put his number in my phone. I smiled at his number. I laid down and Klaus rolled over. He grabbed me and pulled me close to him.

"Good morning." He said in a sleepy voice, almost like a whisper.

"Good morning." I smiled. He opened his eyes and kissed me by surprise. I felt my stomach get butterflies and my heart started racing. I cuddled up next to him while he rubbed my back. He moved his hand down to my leg and drew circles. Right below my cuts.

"Don't do that." I said.

"Why." he smiled.

"I don't like it." I lied.

"Ok then." He said moving his hand to my side.

"Why are you awake so early?" Klaus asked me.

"I just woke up, I didn't bother trying to go back to sleep." I said.

"You should sleep." Klaus said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You need it, after last night you need to rest." Klaus said with his eyes closed.

"I'm fine." I lied.

"How are you doing after all that?" He asked.

"I'm still scared and worried." I said.

"I know you are. But we'll get through this." He said grabbing my face. I took his hand and locked our fingers together.

"Do you want to go to Mystic Falls?" Klaus asked.

"I don't know. If I do will you be with me?" I asked.

He sighed. "No, but I will still come and see you." Klaus said.

"Then no." I said.

"Sweetheart. You should go." He said burying his face in my neck.

"Why, you want to get rid of me?" I asked.

"No. I want you to go so I can look for the vampires and kill them and you can train." Klaus said.

"I'll think about it." I said. I rolled over on my back.

"What's that?" Klaus asked touching the blood stain on my pants.

"I don't know." I lied.

"It's fresh. What'd you do?" He said.

"I didn't do-"

"You're lying!" He yelled.

"Klaus I'm fine I-"

He got up and paced around the room.

"Show me." He said, walking over to me.

"Show you what?" I asked.

He put his head to mine. He lightly touched the blood stain.

"I know, just show me." He whispered.

"No." I cried.

"Please." He said.

"No." I cried pushing away from him. He grabbed ahold of me and wouldn't let me go.

"Let go of me." I cried.

I tried to fight my way out of his grip.

"Let go." I cried.

Klaus grabbed ahold of my pants and pulled them down some so the cuts were showing. I was still in his grip as he touched them.

"Let go of me." I cried, fighting out of his grip.

"Leighanne." He said hugging me.

"Stop it." I said pulling away.

"Love, just let me help you." He said letting go of me.

"No." I said pulling the blankets over my head.

I heard a sigh and I felt the bed dip in. Klaus wrapped his arm around my waist. I couldn't let him see me, I was too embarrassed.

"Leighanne." Klaus said pulling the blanket.

"Stop." I said.

"Look at me please." Klaus said.

"I can't." I said. Klaus ripped the blanket off me and I went to get up. But Klaus sat on top of me and put my hands above my head.

"Stop it." I cried.

"Do you understand how much it hurts me to see you like this." Klaus said.

"You don't know how i feel, Just stop looking at me." I cried. He let go of my hands and got off me. I don't know where he went. He walked back into the room with a book. A journal I suppose.

"April 9, 1743. I killed an entire town today. I regret it. Someday I wish I could die, but then I remember I can't be killed. I hate living, there's no point anymore. I have nothing to live for. I've been around for six hundred years and haven't found love, which leads me to think I will be infinity and utterly alone." Klaus said.

I looked at him.

"I know your pain. I'm sorry but it kills me to see you do that." Klaus said throwing the journal down.

"Why?" I cried.

"Because I love you." Klaus said. I started sobbing hysterically and reached my arms out for a hug. Klaus came over and hugged me, kissing my cheek.

"Don't you ever do that again?" Klaus said, looking at my leg. I covered it with my hand.

"Stop. You don't have to be embarrassed about anything with me, I'm not going to judge you." Klaus said.

"Ok." I said. "I wish they weren't there."

"I can fix that, all you have to do is ask." Klaus said.

"I'm not sure how to ask." I said.

Klaus bit his wrist and i drank his blood. I stopped and looked down at what were cuts and are now just a memory.

"All better." Klaus said. I pulled my pants back up and laid in bed, going back to sleep. I woke up and Klaus was awake. He was changing his clothes. He took his shirt off and I stared at him.

"It's not polite to stare." Klaus said, putting his shirt on.

"I liked it better off." I said. He walked over to the edge of the bed and I put my hand up his shirt, feeling his abs.

"Already?" He asked.

"I can't help it, you're just so...sexy." I laughed.

"Thank you. But love if we're going to talk about sexy, you have to be included." He smiled climbing on top of me.

"Already Mr. Mikaelson." I mocked.

"Shut up." He said pressing his lips to mine. My day started out bad, but it's slowly getting better, until something ruins it like always.

"When will I get my round two?" I asked.

"Persistent are we?" He asked.

"No, I just like it." I said.

"Like what?" He smiled.

"Sex, especially with you. Marcel wasn't like that. You're far better than him. You have skill." I said.

"Skill? I guess if that's what you want to call it." Klaus laughed.

"I'm serious. When I'm serious you always laugh at me." I said.

"I'm sorry, I've never been complimented on my amazing bed skills." He said.

"Then I'm the first." I smiled.

"And hopefully the last." Klaus smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"Hopefully you're the last person that I ever sleep with." Klaus said.

"Do you really mean that?" I asked.

"Absolutely." He said.

I kissed him and got up to get dressed.

I put on a skirt and t shirt with a jacket. I wore heals and did my hair and makeup. ...

"Not to ruin your day, but would you mind leaving for mystic falls today?" Klaus asked.

I turned around to look at him.

"You really think I should leave today?" I asked.

"It'd be best, the earlier you leave the more time I have to kill the vampires that want to take you away from me." Klaus said.

I sighed, "I guess, let me get a few things." I said. I went and got out a suit case that I never used. I started packing some clothes and my essentials, like makeup, hair straightener, curling iron, etc. after I packed what I need I looked at Klaus.

"I'm ready."

"I really wish you could stay, but if you do there's a chance they will get you, I can't risk that." Klaus said.

"I wish I could too, but I'd rather be safe than sorry." I said.

"Then let's go." He said.

We walked out of the quarter, going to his car. I got in the passenger's side and put my seat belt on, we drove to mystic falls, which was a two day drive. Klaus didn't get a hotel, he said we had to get to mystic falls as soon as possible. I recognized the town as we drove into it. He drove me to the Salvatore's.

"We're here." He said.

"Do you think they'll let me stay?" I asked.

"Positive." Klaus said.

We walked up to the front door and knocked. Damon answered.

"Leighanne, what are you doing here?" He asked hugging me.

"It's a long story." I said walking inside, Klaus walked in with me. Klaus and I explained why I was here and how we needed Jeremy to help me train, then came the big question.

"Do you think I could stay here while Klaus went back to New Orleans?" I asked Damon.

"You want to stay here?" Damon asked.

"Yeah, I should've called ahead of time, but we just thought about this a few days ago." I said.

"I'm ok with it, but it's you, me, Stefan, Elena, and Jeremy." Damon said.

"I'm fine with that, I just want to be safe." I said.

"Yeah I know, but you're welcome to stay." Damon said.

"Thanks." I said.

"I guess everything is good to go, and I can get going." Klaus said.

I stood up with Klaus.

"I'll be back in a few days." Klaus said.

"Ok." I whispered.

"You should be happy, don't worry about me." Klaus said.

"Who would?" Damon said.

Klaus grabbed my face and kissed me.

I felt Klaus being ripped away from me, Damon had him against the wall and staked him, But Klaus pushed him away and Damon collided with the wall.

"What the hell?" Klaus said to Damon

"I'm not going to let you kiss her!" Damon yelled getting up.

"We've done way more than kissing." Klaus said.

"Leighanne." Elena yelled.

I walked over to Klaus and pulled the stake out.

"Are you crazy, he's going to kill you?" Damon yelled.

"He won't hurt me, I trust him, and I care about him Damon, actually I love him." I said.

"Are you compelled?" Stefan asked.

"Why do people ask me that? Just because someone actually cares for Klaus doesn't mean there compelled, it means that they can look over the bad things he's done, and he isn't that bad as you think!" I yelled.

"She's got a point, we've all done bad things, what makes us any better than Klaus?" Stefan said.

"I'm not sure if I should leave you here." Klaus said. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm ok." I said.

Klaus grabbed my hand and pulled me outside with him.

"I will be back in a few days, no cutting yourself, please. I love you, if anything happens you call me." Klaus said.

"I will." I smiled. He leaned in and kissed me, we moved our lips in sync and then he pulled away.

"Now for the hardest part, saying goodbye." Klaus said.

"Goodbye, I love you, be safe." I said.

"I'll be fine, I love you." He said kissing my neck. He hugged me and we stayed like that for a few minutes. I seen him walk away and over to car. He turned and looked at me, I had a few tears running down my face. I looked away, embarrassed.

He walked back up the steps and kissed me one last time, wiping away the tears.

"Don't cry, you'll make me feel bad." Klaus said.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Love, stop apologizing. You did nothing." Klaus said.

"Ok, now go before I cry even more." I said.

"I'll be back soon." He said walking back to the car, he got in and drove away. I sighed and went back inside.

"Hey you ok?" Elena asked.

"Fine." I said.

"But you're crying." She said.

"Yeah, because he's leaving. I didn't want him to leave." I said.

"Do you really love him?" She asked.

"I do." I said. Elena came over and hugged me. She showed me where I would be sleeping. I put my stuff down and settled in. I heard a knock, I turned and seen Jeremy.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." I said.

"I'm supposed to help you kill vampires." He said.

"Yeah, but I need to work out more."

"That's ok, we can go for a jog in a little bit if you want." Jeremy suggested.

"That'd be great." I said.

"Meet me downstairs in an hour." He said walking downstairs. I looked through my clothes and got out a pair of shorts and a shirt. wasn't looking forward to this run, but I needed to start exercising. I got dressed and looked at the clock, I still had about forty minutes. I put my tennis shoes on and walked downstairs.

"I'm ready Jeremy, if you want to go now, we can." I said.

"Sure." He smiled. We started jogging out the drive way.

"So you and Klaus?" He asked.

"Yep." I said.

"Are you guys dating?" He asked.

"You could say that." I said.

"I know the feeling." Jeremy said.

"How's everything going for you, I know what Klaus did and I'm sorry, but are you ok?" I asked.

"I'm ok. Sometimes things get bad, but they do for everyone. I'll never forgive Klaus, but I can deal with him." He said.

We jogged into mystic falls and around town, then back to the house.

"How. Long. Was. That." I asked, out of breath.

"About 7 miles." He said barely effected by it.

"Oh my god!" I said.

It was nearing dusk, I went inside and got a shower. I changed into my pajamas. I went downstairs and seen Jeremy.

"Hey what you doing?" I asked.

"About to go get some food, want to come? We're the only humans." He asked.

"Like this." I pointed to my pajamas.

"It's fine." Jeremy said.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah." He smiled. We got in the car and drive to the mystic grill. I seen Matt working and he ran over and hugged me.

"Hey!" I said.

"Back in town?" He asked.

"For a while yes." I said.

"Glad to have you around." He smiled.

Jeremy and I took a seat. We order our food, I got spaghetti with garlic bread and a sweet tea.

"What exactly do you want to learn?" Jeremy asked, referring to vampires.

"Basics. I need to protect myself, but I also want to learn how to kill one in case something like that happens." I said.

"It'll take a while. We could practice at my family's lake house. It's very secluded." Jeremy said.

"Yeah that'd be great." I said.

"Good, tomorrow you, me and Damon and head out there." He smiled. The waitress came back with my food and we ate. Laughing and joking about everything. I missed this. Being normal. Being with humans and not vampires. I love Niklaus but sometimes I need a break from vampire drama. Jeremy went to pay for the bill, but I used Klaus's credit card. I don't think he would mind.

"I had a good time tonight." I said to Jeremy, who was getting in the car.

"Me too, sis." He said.

"Sis?" I asked.

"Alaric was like my dad, you're his daughter so I see you as a sister." Jeremy said.

"Oh." I said. Jeremy drove us back to the house and I went upstairs. I checked my phone and had a missed call and voice mail, it was from Marcel.

"Hey Leighanne, where the hell are you and Klaus, I haven't seen you two for almost three days. Call me." I hung up the voicemail and called Klaus.

"Miss me already?" He asked

"I've missed you since you walked out the door." I said.

"I'm sorry love. How was your day?" He asked.

"I went for a run with Jeremy, and then we had dinner. Now I'm just waiting for you to get back." I said.

"Interesting and I'm in Maine, trying to find out information. Apparently Wyatt told the other families that if they died, they should fulfill the mission. Which is to torture you, then play that sick and twisted game called hunted or hunter, whatever it's called." Klaus said.

"Have you found out anything else besides that, like where the other families are?" I asked.

"Not yet and I want you to drink vervain while you're there." Klaus said.

"Why, there not going to compel me." I said.

"Just please." Klaus said.

"I will and did Marcel happen to call you?" I asked.

"No did he call you?" Asked Klaus.

"Yeah, he wanted to know where we were at, but I missed his call so I didn't get a chance to tell him, I'd rather not tell him where I'm at though." I said.

"I'll have to give him a call." Klaus said.

"Ok. I miss you." I said.

"I miss you more." He said.

"Doubt it." I said.

"I love you sweetheart, goodnight." He said.

"Love you too, goodnight." I said then hung up the phone.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1M 22.9K 32
-WINNER OF BEST KLAUS MIKAELSON FAN-FIC (THE ORIGINALS) & BEST FAN-FIC (THE ORIGINALS) IN THE TVD FAN-FICTION AWARDS 2016 -WINNER OF BEST COMPLETED F...
53.3K 1K 42
He found her when she was a baby. He could see she still was covered in blood. He could tell it had been only a few hours. He named her Lenza Ray Mi...
356K 7.1K 16
Over the course of a summer well spent in New Orleans, Klaus becomes rather attached to a girl named Lydia. What happens when she gets caught up in K...
208K 6.1K 58
Ranked #23 in #klausmikaelson stories ☺️ *** "Did I make the great Klaus Mikaelson care for someone like me?" *** in which Rebekah returns to take ca...