Take A Chance With Me || T. M...

Da minciline

"why can't you for once disregard the world and run to what you know is real? take a chance with me" starte... Altro

Prologue
One
Two
Three
A/N

Four

27 5 0
Da minciline

When your worst fear comes raining down to haunt you, what would you do?

It’s as if the sky above me and the land beneath me came crumbling down together, crushing me in its entirety. It was traumatizing. It was pure terror. That’s what I felt seeing Muichiro barely breathing, full of blood, and swarmed with maggots and flies.

What happened…?

My feet were glued shut to the ground, I felt like throwing up, I wanted to scream. I couldn’t wrap my head around the scene unfolding right in front of me. There was no rational, logical explanation that I could think about. I was afraid. I didn’t know what to do. Was I still sleeping? This probably is a nightmare, god knows how much I hoped it was.

But no matter how much we beg for mercy, the reality will remain as the reality. There was no magic nor miracle that would happen if I just stood there. My tears fell as I  came to, finding whatever strength, courage, or whatever I could muster from inside me to do something, to do everything I could. I screamed, I shouted, I cried. I tried to think, to come up with a solution. I thought about what medicines , or herbs , or wound dressing I needed, the manpower I needed, the help I desperately had to find.

I ran, and I ran, and I ran until I saw people come into the frame. I wasted no time and begged them for help. That’s when I recognized the lady, Amane-san, together with two other people.

“Ma’am, please I beg of you, help me. I need, uh, help please… are there other people there? We need to help my friend!” I cried hard. I tried to find what words I should say, what I could say. I dragged her and ran back to Mui’s home as fast as I could. She was surprised but I didn’t care. I never looked back and the only thing visible on my mind was to bring her to the twins.

Once she saw them, the three went to work. I tried helping with what I could too, no matter how shaken I was seeing red all over. We worked and worked until we'd patched up what we could. I didn’t have the time to register everything, until I realized that they were taking Mui away.

“Wait! Where are you taking him? Stop!” I shouted and the white-haired lady told the two other girls to stop before she faced me. Despite my question, I figured out what was happening. Mui and I talked about this, about the Demon Slayer Corps, if he’s gonna go away or not. I knew this was for the better. He has no family left, and they can heal him there. I just couldn’t stop myself from speaking. I was selfish for doing that, but if I didn’t speak now, I wouldn’t see him ever again.

“Are you Makoto Kyogoku?” Amane asked and I nodded. I wanted to bombard her with more questions but my throat keeps getting stuck with words too profound, I couldn’t find a way to express them. I felt torn. I can’t see my best friend be taken away from me, but I can’t sacrifice his life over me either.

“Please take me with you.” Was all I could say. She looked surprised, and I was too. What was I doing? I have my mom to come home to… but these five words just came out on their own. I was surprised, but I have no intention of taking it back.

I’m sorry, Mom.

“Are you sure about this, Makoto-san?” She asked for one last time and with determination in my eyes, I nodded. She ushered me to come near her and to follow them on their way, and even if I were afraid, once I took the first step, there was no looking back. I was gonna be there beside Mui, before, now, and for tomorrows to come. I promised, and I will never break it.

————

The way to our destination was weird, to say the least. In the middle of our journey, some people dressed in black with everything covered except for their eyes picked us up and made us wear earplugs and blindfolds. They were supposed to “carry” us all the way to their headquarters, changing what they call “kakushis” every time we reached a certain point. And with every stopping point we took, came the chance for me to check on Mui. I’d tell Amane-san if we could change his dressings once in a while, and I’d ask her for updates on his condition whenever I could.

It took us a not so long time to arrive, but it felt painfully slow to me. For every passing minute, we didn’t know for sure if he’s worsening or getting better. Although, I hoped for the latter. The moment we set foot in the mansion-big house, Muichiro was swamped with medicines and a bunch of people, doctors that checked up on him. I felt relieved that he was finally taken care of. I just stood there on one corner of the room watching him get treated and after a long series of needles and bandages, I was left alone with Mui.

I slowly approached where he laid. I took my time staring at his wounds, then his closed eyes, and his… undefined expression whilst he slept. Just then I released a long sigh that I might have been holding in for a very long time. I looked back on today’s events and how crazy that a lot could happen within just a day. I was so excited for today just a few hours ago, and now I’m here far away from home, with my best friend not waking up.

“I was going to give you something I cooked, and we should be playing together, and I was supposed to make it up to you,” I whispered and a lone tear fell from my eye. Suddenly, I remembered my mother.

I should write mom a letter.

I stood up from where I was and went outside the room. I looked for Amane-san or one of the two girls she was with. I went around the house for a while when I reached the hallway leading to the veranda where a meeting of some sort was being held. I stopped and moved quietly to peek but a tap from the back scared me. Good thing I managed to put my hands over my mouth to not scream. It was a boy who looked similar to Amane-san that looked much younger than me who tapped me.

“Hello. I’m Kiriya. Please don’t disturb the hashira meeting. What do you need? I’ll tend to it,” he spoke. I felt embarrassed being catched while snooping around a house that isn’t mine.

“Uh, if it’s not too much can I have some paper and pen please? I really need to send my mom a letter…” I pleaded to which he nodded and gestured to me to follow him. We reached a certain hallway and he told me to come inside what looked like a mini library, must be one of their study rooms.

“Please take a seat. I will fetch a paper for you,” Kiriya said and he fled on the other side of the room where a stack of books were located. He gave me enough essentials to write a letter with and I started scribbling right away. When I finished, I wondered how I would send this to mom? I have no penny to send this through postmen, but Kiriya spoke and told me not to worry.

“Don’t worry, Makoto-san. We have kaigaku crows that are trained to deliver and receive messages. I can ask mine to give your letter to whoever you will send that to. If you want, that is…” he offered. Thank god for this kid, I thought.

“Ah, yes please. Thank you for your help, Kiriya-sama. The address is written on the bottom side of the letter.” I told him as I handed him the letter. Everything was going smoothly until I realized he knew my name. I never told him that?

“Uh, Kiriya-sama. How do you know… my name?” I bashfully asked. He blushed but then brushed it off with a smile.

“Mother had told me.” He told me. But before I could ask who that is, he excused himself and told me I could explore the area more. Mother? It must be Amane-san. A few more moments passed and I came to my senses after day dreaming. I left the room and went back to Muichiro’s. I already sent my mom a letter, and Mui’s doing fine now, so my body finally felt heavy. Exhaustion took over and my eyelids closed themselves shut.

—————

I woke up to the sound of rain falling heavily. It was cold but there’s warmth radiating from my side, where Muichiro was. He was still sleeping soundly, not moving even with the loudness of his surroundings. In all the times when I would see Mui resting, this would probably be the one that frightened me the most. In all those other times, you were sure that he would wake up, no matter how long it takes. But now? There was no guarantee.

What if he never wakes up?

I shook the bad thought as I rose from my futon beside Muichiro. I made my bed and decided to watch the raindrops as they fell. I didn’t have anything better to do other than wait and be there for Mui until he wakes. I thought about talking to Amane-san about what would happen now that I am within their quarters. Do I train too? Would they let me? Doesn’t that have at least a bit of requirements I need to pass? What if I fail them? I’m sure I would fail them! What kind of demon slayer has a weak body and arms flailing around? Am I… gonna get disposed of since I know about the Demon Slayer Corps?!

Yelp. Maybe coming along was the wrong decision after all.

The door opened and I almost jumped out of my seat from shock.

Shriek. They’re gonna dispose of me this soon? So soon!! I haven’t got the chance to prove myself yet… then again, there is nothing to prove.

“Makoto-san, Oyakata-sama has requested your presence. I’m sorry for opening the door without your permission. I was knowing for a little while but no one was answering.” It was Kiriya who entered. I got embarrassed as I realized I did space out, unable to open the door.

“My apologies, Kiriya-sama. Please lead the way.” I bowed to him and I gave a quick glance to Muichiro before leaving the room, following the son of Amane-san. He was quick on his feet and made a gap between us. I tried to catch up to no avail, I was left behind whenever we reached corners. This surely is a big house, with all those turns we made. Kiriya stopped by the door of the room where his father, the one they call “Oyakata-sama”, is supposed to talk to me. When I reached Kiriya, he went to grab the door handle and opened the door as I inhaled a breath trying to calm down. I entered and the door closed. I took a look back and got confused as to why Kiriya didn’t enter. I got even more nervous when I faced the head of this organization.

“Please take a seat, Makoto.” He spoke and smiled. Without even knowing, a bit of relief washed over me. He has a soothing voice and that calmed me down as I knew that I wasn’t in danger with this stranger. I swiftly walked in front of him and Amane-san, seating down but leaving a bit of space between us.

“Uh hello, you must be Oyakata-sama,” I bowed as a greeting, anxious as I awaited his next words. He cleared his throat before he spoke.

“If Muichiro wakes up, he will become one of my cute demon slayer children. He has great potential and a bright future that awaits him. Although it will take time, he will definitely reach that future. But you, Makoto, what do you plan to do? What did you expect to do when you decided to follow your friend?” He started and I was left dumbfounded.

My head laid low as I thought about it — the decisions I made. I was saddened at the realization. He was right, Muichiro came from a line of fighters that made history here in their corps. But me? I’m not strong or quick, much less a fighter. What did I think would do me good if I went here with Muichiro? After all, I’m just a friend.

“But I admire you back there, child. Even when you saw him on the brink of death, you didn’t panic. You shouted for help and managed to save your friend. You have a strong heart, Makoto. Do you want to stand beside Muichiro? He surely will need someone from his past life to keep him from straying from his path that he needs to take. What do you say about becoming one of us?” He proposed. Now I am even more dumbfounded than before.

What? But I thought I wasn’t fit to stand in Muichiro’s new life, much more to be beside him?

My confusion soon evaporated when I heard what Oyakata-sama’s next words are.

“Would you like to become a demon slayer too, Makoto Kyogoku?”

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.2M 51.2K 97
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.1M 59K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
156K 4.7K 49
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
151K 6.9K 27
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...