Trouble

By eldog333

Nineteen year old Isabella starts her first year at university, meeting all kinds of new friends and foes. On... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

3

1.6K 39 139
By eldog333

Bill and Natalie snickered across the table as Tom reluctantly released his firm grip on my cheeks, lounging back into the booth.

He lazily stretched an arm behind me, resting it against the booth. "You clean up nice then, I guess." I raised my eyebrows, a little surprised.

"thanks.. I guess." I mocked his tone.

Tom parted his lips like he was going to speak again, but got interrupted by a petite blonde waitress coming up to us.
She bent an arm over the table ignoring me to talk to Tom.

"You want your usual babe?" Ew.. Tom seemed to like it though he smirked sticking his tongue out to lick at his lip ring, "Yes please, and a water for the girl." He made a motion towards me with his hand as his eyes found mine, a playful smile splayed across his lips.

"You don't need to order for me. I'll have a coke actually, thank you." The woman scowled when she noticed me, straightening her back so she wasn't bent over anymore.

"Same as usual for you two as well?" She asked Bill and Nat who nodded their heads.

Moments later she returned with a coke, and three beers. They definitely aren't old enough; do they just not care here?

"We've been coming here since last year, they don't ID." Tom mumbled scooting closer to me.

Did I say that out loud or something?

Spotting the confusion on my face, he spoke again, "You're very predictable." I glared, ignoring him to take a sip of my drink.
Natalie and Bill were deep in conversation across the table, not paying any attention to us.

"Predictable how?" I turned to him again, my breath hitched as I realized how close our we were. Toms breath was fanning across my face, causing a heat to rise up my neck.

"Your face.." he lifted his hand running a finger along my cheek and jaw. "Everything your thinking shows clearly on your face." I blinked, my mouth parted slightly, what do I even say to that?

The soft stroke of his finger against my jaw was making me feel funny; he trailed it down burning my skin under his touch.

After a minute of me just staring into his eyes while he twirled his finger down my neck and shoulder, I spoke. "You're kind of the opposite." He made a funny face, continuing to draw small circles on my shoulder with his fingers.

"How so?" His voice deepened, if I was standing my legs would have given out.

"Impossible to read. I never know what you're thinking." I admitted staring into his deep brown eyes; He almost looked sweet up close.. almost.
Tom chuckled lightly, swiftly taking his hand, and arm away. I used all the strength, and dignity I had left in me to not seem sad about the loss of contact.

"That's the point." Tom clicked his tongue grabbing his beer to take a sip before roughly setting it back on the table.

"That's why you're boring, and I'm not." He winked.
Instantly I was back to disliking him.
I crossed my arms over my chest in an attempt to self comfort. Tom looked away from me a smug grin spread across his stupid face.

I bit the inside of my cheek feeling embarrassed now. Did Natalie and Bill see how easily I almost swooned for Tom? They didn't seem to notice. Their attention now on Tom as he whined about being hungry; as if the waitress heard his pleas she was back with some burgers a moment later. The woman set down a plate in front of all of them, then looked at me with a sour expression.

"Anything for you?" Shit, I should've been looking over the menu. "Oh um.. no it's okay. I'll be fine, thanks." She shrugged.
Tom stared at her ass as she walked away.
I rolled my eyes, nudging his arm with my elbow.

"Could you be any more obvious?"

"What? She loves it. They all do." I tried not to gag, averting my eyes from him again.

"You don't want to eat anything?" Natalie asked as she shoved a small handful of fries in her mouth. I shook my head, "I'm okay, I'll just get something later." She flashed a look of pity, but was quickly distracted by Bill.

I feel very out of place now. Maybe I should have just stayed at the dorm, avoided this entire encounter. I listened as they discussed their plans for tonight, another party like I expected.
I wasn't sure how to work my way into their conversation.
Not like I ever was good at doing that before I got here.

I had a few friends back home, but none that I was super close to. It's kind of sad, but my parents were the only people I was close with.
I spent most of my time either with them or by myself in my room watching something, studying, sleeping.

Tom slid his plate so it was between us on the table, he motioned to it with his eyes. "You can share with me.. if you want?" For the first time his features were soft, relaxed; He almost looked nice. I thanked him smiling as I brought a fry to my lips.

"Are you going to come with us tonight?" Bill asked suddenly. I paused, not really sure if I should.

"I don't know.." I was apprehensive, I would like to spend more time with Natalie though.
Plus Toms reaction to my response made me want to defy him.
He laughed shaking his head like he knew I wouldn't want to, and I wanted to prove him wrong.

"Okay yea I'll go. I guess it could be fun." Bill and Natalie got all giddy, however, Tom seemed indifferent, staying quiet while he finished the rest of his burger, leaving the fries to me.

—-

Bill drove and Natalie took the passenger seat leaving Tom and I in the back of the car. I stared out the window for most of the drive, feeling anxious as we drove along. I could see Tom look at me every now and then in my peripheral vision which didn't help.

Eventually the car came to a stop in front of a medium sized white brick house. I could hear music blaring already, which only got louder as I got out of the car. There were people everywhere, students I'm assuming.
Empty cups and trash littering the lawn, the inside looking even worse. It reminded me of how movies portray college parties, which surprised me a little.

Bill and Natalie walked in front of Tom and I holding hands; She turned around and extended her arm to me. I grinned skipping a few steps forward to link my arm with hers. After we walked inside Tom excused himself disappearing somewhere.

"Do you want a drink boo?" Natalie asked me once we had gotten into the living room.
If I'm here I might as well.

"Yea sure, what do they have?"

"I will go find out, stay here." She kissed my cheek, skipping off to the kitchen, leaving just me and Bill in the living room. I liked Bill, he was actually really nice from what I could tell.

"So why did you guys come to America for college?" I asked, taking a seat on the couch as I tried to make some conversation.

Bill smiled, tucking some hair behind his ear, "Our dad got a job here, and we've always wanted to live in America so we moved a few years ago. This is our house." He motioned around the room with his hands.

My eyes went wide looking around at the crazy scene of people dancing and making messes.

"Your house? Where's your dad?" Bill chuckled, "He's always gone on business trips. Don't worry we get it cleaned before he comes home."

I nodded, "I bet it's nice to have the place to yourselves a lot."

"It is! Our dad kinda sucks anyways. We just wanted to move out of Germany."

I was about to respond when Natalie came around the corner trying not to spill the three drinks she had in her hand. "Let me help you love." Bill stood walking over and grabbing two drinks from her; He came back down to sit, giving one of the drinks to me.

Natalie sat next to me on the couch, throwing an arm over my shoulder. "It's jungle juice." She grinned taking a sip. She said that like I'm supposed to know what it is.

"Jungle juice?" Her and Bill laughed, "Just take a sip, It's fruity." That doesn't sound too bad. I lifted the rim to my lips, taking a small swig from the plastic cup. The first taste was sweet, fruity like she said, but the after taste burned as it went down my throat. I coughed a little, but it was bearable.

Nat chuckled, leaning into me, "What, have you never had alcohol before?" I shook my head, warmth spreading to my cheeks. "Awee, babe we took her liquor virginity." She looked at Bill. I almost spat the sip I had in my mouth out.

"Don't be shy have some more." Bill nodded towards the cup. I listened, taking another larger gulp of the sweet beverage.
The burn was more manageable this time, but still stung as it went down.

I lifted the drink once more and Natalie brought her free hand up to the base of the cup tilting it up so I finished the rest of it off; now the burn was almost non existent. Tom came around the corner while I was chugging my drink. A brunette girl attached to his hip; His arm was possessively wrapped around her waist as they came over sitting on the couch across from us.

Tom looked almost.. disappointed. I'm not sure.
Natalie finished off her drink as well, and stood abruptly, "I'm gonna get refills, you want one?"

I was feeling good now. A lot more comfortable, if this is what alcohol does; I don't know why I never drank before.

"Yes please." I handed the cup to her as she skipped off back to the kitchen.

I looked over to Tom, feeling a pang in my chest as I noticed him groping and smashing faces with the girl he walked in with. Not that I'm surprised, Natalie had already told me how he was. It's different when it's right in front of you.

Bill scooted a little closer on the couch whispering to me. "Your staring is very obvious." I whipped my head over.

Shit, was I really that bad?

"N-no I wasn't. I just.."

"Mhhmm" he spoke sarcastically, my cheeks were in flames now. Partly from the alcohol, mostly from getting called out.
Natalie came from the kitchen again, plopping down in between Bill and I.

"Your drink m'lady." I took the cup from her, downing about half of it, Natalie gasped lightly.

"Slow down, no rush." She rubbed my back, I smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, it's just really good."

"Duh," she winked, taking a sip of her own.

"So, should we play a game?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 274 17
(this is set in like 2023) Daniela Adler is a 15 year old girl. Daniela's family wanted to move to somewhere completely new, a fresh start. At her ol...
501 48 18
My name is Evi and I'm 18 years old. I have a brother, Nick, who is 20 years old. I have blond wavy hair and bright blue eyes. Me and my family move...
879 17 22
2001-2024. Eliziana/ Eliza Talamayan is a 13-year-old girl who just moved into a new neighborhood in Leipzig, Germany she stumbles u...
5.2K 72 25
y/n moves to Germany as her older brother got a better job offer. she meets the band and begins to hangout with them. when the kaulitz twins slowly s...