The Demitrix (HIATUS) (Ben 10...

由 Frex_Devolio

Home, school, home, school, basically nothing more you to your plans for any of the days. You don't talk to a... 更多

Summer trip
Nature vs Nurture
Deep Trouble
Imposter Town
The Matter of Choice
Easily Influenced
Breaking the Body and the Mind
Done with Jokes
Lucky Day (pt. 1)
Misfortunate Night (pt. 2)

Shocking Stay

1K 29 12
由 Frex_Devolio

- (Y/n) P.O.V. -

We were standing in the deserted area, Gwen and Max near the Rustbucket, me and Ben further in the field. After hearing that my watch is 'weaker' I decided to check what that means. First thought is that aliens that I get are weaker.

Max: "Don't hurt each other, boys!"

Gwen: "Pummel him into dust, (Y/n)!" Max gave her a stern look.

Gwen: "But, of course, don't do something I would..."

Ben: "You sure? don't want to accidentally hurt you, you know." he was stratching hes legs and arms, cocky smile directed at me.

Me: "We are conducting an expirement, Ben, not mindlessly hitting each other. It's a test of strenght. I have nothing to be afraid of." I said, activating my watch and getting ready to choose Four Arms.

Me: "Four Arms. We are going to wrestle."

Ben: "Bring it on!" he said and we slammed our wathes, creating a bright green flash, after which two big red creatures run towards each other.

- 3rd person P.O.V. -

Two creatures ran at each other, leaving small craters in the soil where their legs were just a second ago while doing so. When they reached each other and locked four pairs of arms in the wrestle, small blast wave had reached the onlookers. Now having two boys in the same alien form can be seen that (Y/n) was form slightly shorter, but seemed to hold it's position very fine, albeit shaking a bit.

After a few seconds, Ben started to get the high ground and push (Y/n) back.

Max: "*Hmm*, I guess (Y/n) watch gives him weaker version of an alien. The strength difference is not that noticable, however." he said, looking at the ground near him.

Gwen: "What makes you think that?" - she said, nudging her grandpa slightly and nodding in the direction of the battle.

When Max looked there, he saw that (Y/n) has taken more optimal position and started to get his ground back, slowly pushing Ben to his original spot. Now Ben is the one shaking, trying to hold (Y/n) back. This tug of war continues for a good few minutes, until they both time out.

With the big red flash two boys were left wrestling in their human form, where nobody seems to have the advantage. They had their eyes closed, but at some point they both came back to their senses and stopped their ''experiment'', going back to the Rustbucket.

Ben(exhausted): "*whew*! Holding another Fourarms still is on another level..."

(Y/n)(exhausted): "Yeah, tell me about it, I almost broke my back when we collided."

- (Y/n) P.O.V. -

I feel that I'm hella tired now, I am deffinitely taking a shower once I go into the Rustbucket. I stretch my back slightly in order to get rid of the pain there.

Max: "That was a good show of strength, but we didn't see any sign of (Y/n)'s watch being weaker in any way."

Me(exhausted): "Happens when you try to explore something. You come up with hypothesis and check if it's right, if not, you come up with another one."

Ben(exhausted): "Okay, nerd, can we move now?" - he said, getting into the van.

I then follow suit, trying to get into the bathroom, but Ben sprints from his bed in there, holding his towel. He is deffinitely going to take his sweet time there.

Ben(smug): "Ha-ha! So long, sucker!"

Me(exhausted): "At some point I am so wrecking your console with Upgrade..."

Ben: "You're too goody-two-shoes to do that!"

Me(exhausted): "Whatever helps you take a relaxing shower..." - I say and sit at the dining table, while Gwen and Max walk in.

I place my head on the table, supporting it with arms and start waiting for Ben to finish up. Max starts the engine, while Gwen goes to her bed and starts to read something. As soon as Max accelerates, I hear Ben slip up and fall, shouting. That is unfrotunate, but brings a smile to my face.

- Timeskip -

I have finished washing myself in the water. I dry myself off and decide to wear something lighter than my usual attire, because it's incredibly hot these days. Tank-top and shorts should be okay, right?

I get out of the bathroom and see Ben in the form of Stinkfly laughing his ass off, laying on the ground, while Gwen glares at him.

Gwen: "There is such a thing as taking a joke too far, you know..." - she said and looked at me - "...tell him, (Y/n)." - she said and started to sit down. I see Ben getting ready to spray some goo on the seat, which I prevent getting on anything with my hand.

Me(irritaed): "You know how hard it is to wash that slime off?! I barely got it off my clothes the first time I transformed into Stinkfly. And that's with help of the Upgrade and the washing machine!" - I say, trying to hold the gooed hand as far from me as possible.

Max: "Ben, (Y/n), you should look here." - he said and slammed the brakes on the Rustbucket, making me and Ben slide forward, with Ben banging on the dashboard with his tail and me falling facefirst on the hand with goo.

Max: "Oh, good, you are ready to go, Ben. (Y/n), hurry..." - he said and stopped when saw my face, or rather goo that covers it.

Ben starts laughing, while I try my best to at least uncover my face enough to see what kind of problem there is.

Max: "Ben, get it together, we got trouble ahead. If that propane he's hauling catches fire, that truck will become a rocket to the moon." - we see a man stuck above burning pile of propane, which slowly makes its way to the cabin.

Me: "With Stinkfly's goo exploding you can't do much. I guess we need Heatblast..." - I say, looking at Ben.

I activate my watch and choose Heatblast, slamming my hand onto the dial after spinning it. After a flash of green light I see that I am incredibly small compared to what I should be. Darn it, I got Greymatter.

Ben: "Well, at least I can do something."

Me: "Wait, take me with you, I can help with increasing Lepibtoterran's slime dencity."

Ben(confused): "What?"

Me: "Just take me with you..." - with that Ben takes me on his hand and places on his head.

We make our way out. I tell Ben to fly above the fire. I start to massage his grands, causing dark goo to leak out of his eyes.

Ben: "Ew, what is this?"

Me: "Extremely potent slime. You should be able to shoot it on command, but a little massage guarantees that you won't blow up more than the propane would. Now, shoot."

Ben starts to shoot goo at all sources of fire, extinguishing them, while Max hold the crowd back, allowing us to work. 

When Ben was done with fire, he used his tail to cut the man out of the cabin and get him out, placing him near the crowd of people, finishing his job.

Ben: "Loogie saves lives..."

Our attention was caught by a kid of our age, screaming.

Kid(scared): "*Ahh*That's the monster that ate that kid!" - he said, tugging his parent.

Me(irritated): "What did you do, Ben?!"

Ben: "*Ohh*, we have to fly!" - he said and took off and stopped somewhere where Max and Gwen would ride through.

- Timeskip -

We were riding, me in my bed, Gwen at the table and Max and Ben at the driver seats.

Gwen: " ''You'll have a ball with "it" ''. ''Next exit.''."

Ben: "Come on, Grandpa. At least give us a hint of what ''it'' is."

Max: "*Uh-uh*. No hints. I've been planning this stop all summer."

Me: "Even made me erase any info I gathered on ''it''."

At the moment I said that, both cousins looked at me wth semi-pleading eyes.

Gwen: "Maybe you can tell us what ''it'' is?"

Ben: "Yeah, this suspence's killing me!"

Me: "Sorry, I swore to secrecy."

Ben/Gwen: "Ple-e-e-ease!" - why the first thing I see them totally agree on is making me spill the beans.

Me: "Fine. But you get only a small hint." - Ben slightly 'aw'ed, while Gwen just nodded - "You guys are in for a big suprise." - I make sure to put an emphasis on the word ''big'' not only with my voice, but with my hand as well.

Ben(confused): "Well, that doesn't help in any way." - he said, while Gwen smiled and came closer to me and leaned to my ear to whisper.

Gwen(whispering): "It's the biggest things in the world, right?" - I just silently nod, while trying to hold back a shudder that came from her whispering.

Gwen(worried/whispering): "You alright?"

Me(whispering): "Yeah, just sensitive to whispers in my ear..."

- Timeskip -

We have stopped near Sparksville, Max has stepped out and asked us to stay back. He opened the door and I can see that he is beaming with excitement.

Max: "Now, you two, close your eyes." - he said to his grandkids, to which they complied. I take their hands and carefully lead them out, warning about the steps. I lead them to the optimal for the first imression of the city place.

Max: "Alright, open them up!" - he said, to which they complied, Ben with child-like curiousity and Gwen with half-bored expression.

Max: "Welcome to Sparksville!" - he said, while to children's eyes opened a certain view on multiple gigantic things: ketchup bottle, fish bowl, hot dog, deer and chicken doll.

Max takes in the view and seems ecstatic about it.

Max: "*Ahh*! Is this place great or what?"

Ben looked around, seeing not-so-interesting jumbo replicas, unimpressed.

Ben: "*Erh*, I'll go with ''or what''..."

Max: "Come on, what's more exciting than the world's biggest fishbowl?!"

I take few steps forward and turn to face Ben and Gwen.

Me: "Yeah, guys, look around, there's biggest hot-dog, biggest ketchup bottle..!"

Me(whispering): "...And the biggest disappointment of a city." - I say, making sure Max doesn't hear us - "Just feign interest for a couple of hours, it's gonna make his day."

This makes them think for a second, then Ben follows my advice.

Ben(excited): "You know what, grandpa? You're right! That does sound interesting."

Gwen: "Maybe we could explore a bit, while you check us in?"

Max deffinitely liked that change of heart, which his face is showing right now.

Max: "That sounds like a plan!" - he said, handing Gwen three tickets.

Then we hear really creepy voice, like someone has been stripped of happiness for his whole life.

Man: "As a mayor of Sparksville I welcome you, seekers of wonder." - he silenty stared at us, making me incredibly uncomfortable.

Me: "Okay, I guess it's our cue to go..." - I said, going away, after which Ben and Gwen didn't make me wait long.

- Timeskip -

We have gone towards "The Jack-A-Pole" and stand near the box office at the entrance.

Ben: "I mean, you sure we can't just pretend to be going here and go do something else?"

Me: "There's nothing else to do but to go through all those things." - I say, ringing a bell.

Mayor: "Tickets, please."

Gwen: "Aren't you the mayor? Why would you be checking tickets?"

Mayor: "He who wears the crown burdened by many hats." - he said, taking our tickets and tearing their them apart. We start going into the building, hearing the mayor talking from our behind.

Mayor: "And mind the sings."

- Timeskip -

After a spree of pictures that Ben and Gwen made me take and some group selfies initiated by me, we are making our way towards ''it''. I don't know why should they build such a suspence towards a giant rubber ball. We are standing near the giant wooden doors to the barn with ''it''.

Mayor: "Through these doors lies the most wildest, wierdest thing to ever find it's way to Sparksville." - he said, letting us in.

Ben: "Please, tell me this is ''it'', because I can't stand ''it'' anymore!" - he said, walking inside.

Me: "Come on, guys, is there really something that can surprise us more than this?" - I said, showing them the watch.

Gwen: "Yeah, Ben actually doing his laundry for once." - she said, covering her nose and leaning slightly from Ben, smiling.

Ben just silently glared at her.

Me: "But with all seriousness, I don't get why they keep strict ''no elictricity'' policy around ''it''..."

We make it near the giant sign that says ''This Is It''. The sign with lights... Do they not mind their own signs or what?!

The sign goes up, revealing ''it'' to guys. A giant ball of rubber bands.

Ben: "This is ''it''..?"

Gwen: "It' a giant ball of rubber bands."

Mayor: "And who knows what secrets lie within..." - he said, misteriously looking at ''it''.

Ben(smugly): "*erm*, more rubber bands?"

Mayor: "Stay as long as you like, mind the signs." - he said and went oustide.

Ben(annoyed): "Just as (Y/n) said, biggest disappointment of a city..."

Gwen: "Inredibly lame... How can be grandpa excited about this place?"

After that, Ben came closer to the ball and looked back at us with devious smile.

Gwen: "I know that look, Ben, what are you thinking?" 

Me: "Can we not wreck at least one city we visit?"

Ben, not saying a thing, went behind the ball and transformed. In a second, we see ball being lifted up with a red figure under it. Ben has transformed into Fourarms.

Ben: "One good prank deserves another?"

Gwen: "For once, I agree."

Me: "Well, since we got the party going anyway..." - I said, activating my watch and transforming into Ghostfreak - "...might as well see if there is anything inside of it."

I went inside of the ball and saw that there is some kind of giant battery inside. Before I can proccess what is happening, Ben has started throwing this ball around. I fly out of it and take my place near Gwen, looking at Ben.

Ben: "Anything interesting?"

Me: "Just a giant battery."

Ben: "Typical..." - he said, throwing the ball once more.

Gwen: "Careful, dweeb! You'll drop it!"

Ben just smirks, holding the ball with his hands.

Ben: "Ha! Not a chance, I can hold it with three hands..." - he said, placing the ball on one of his hands and hiding the rest of his arms behind his back - "...tied behind my..." - he didn't get to finish his sentence, as ball started to roll out of his hand right onto the ground.

I move Gwen out of the way of the ball, that bounces right where we stood. It bounces right out of the barn, leaving a gaint hole in the ceiling.

Ben: "Oops..."

Me: "Let's hurry before it causes too much damage." - I say, flying towards the ball.

I see the ball bouncing off chicken right towards us, so I get in its way and start pushing against it, but the ball doesn't really stop. Before I hit Ben and get in his way of stopping the ball, I go through it and fly out of the ball's way.

Ben gets hit with the ball, trying to stop it, failing to do so. As Ben gets hit between the wall and the ball, it launches towards the giant house of cards, breaking it and stopping there. Ben goes up to it and drops on his knees. Gwen soon follows suit and slaps Ben on his shoulder.

Ben: "Ouh! What was that for?"

Gwen: "For turning us into criminals!"

Ben just stands up and goes towards the ball.

Ben: "Don't get your shorts in a twist, I'll just put everything back the way it was! No problem..." - he said, before red flash engfueled two of us, leaving us in human form.

Me: "Wanna say that again?"

Ben: "No, no I don't." - he said, leaning on he ball.

- Timeskip -

Gwen(worried): "What are we going to tell grandpa?!" 

Gwen was freaking out since the accident, while I and Ben were trying to tell her that it's okay. We were now closing in on a motel Max checked us in, while Gwen was literally shaking with worry.

Ben: "Nothing! Just play dumb!"

Gwen: "Easy for you! You are better in it than I am." - she said, pointing her finger at her cousin.

Me: "Maybe we should actually tell him, though?"

Ben looked at me wierdly, while Gwen has done the same with worry.

Ben: "I know I said ''play dumb'', but not that dumb..."

Me: "Think about that: there is no way nobody's gonna notice giant rubber ball along with destroyed house of cards. There is also no way the ball could have rolled out of the barn with making a hole in the ceiling, so somebody have thrown it. If there are no aliens here, Max is gonna connect the dots instantly."

Gwen instantly holds her head in panic and gritts her teeth.

Gwen(worried): "Oh no! He'll know!"

Ben: "Have you ever been a kid? You can't come clean unless you really have to!"

Me: "Well, I am still against it... Gwen?" - I said and looked at her.

Gwen(scared): "I-I'm with Ben on this one..." - she said, hugging herself.

Me: "Well, I'm going with majority vote. Won't bust you two." 

Ben: "Thanks." - he said, showing me thumbs up.

We walk inside the sideways house that we are staying in. Max sees us and shine a bit.

Max: "Hey! You three are finally here! Isn't this place a riot?" - Gwen, interpreting it the wrong way, tenses up and starts to think of an excuse.

Gwen(worried/panicking): "Why? What'd you see? We..." - I shut her up by taking her hand and tightly grippping it.

Me: "...are absolutely bonkers over this place!" - I said, faking a genuine smile.

Ben: "Yeah, grandpa, we can't wait to check out the bathroom!" - he said, walking forward and taking attention to him.

Max: "Hm... Well, you do you, I'll go and check the kitchen out." - with that, he went into another room, leaving us alone. I let Gwen's hand out.

Me: "Gosh, when you choose to lie, at least make sure you can back it up."

Ben: "Yeah, you almost blew us!"

Gwen just looked down, not answering to us.

Me(worried): "You alright?" 

Gwen: "Yeah, just sensitive to..." - she said, rubbing her hand

Gwen(sternly): "Someone gripping the heck out of my hand!" - she almost shouted at me, making me step back and lean away.

Me: "Sorry."

- Timeskip -

I have been sleeping in the bedroom and hear that someone fell from their bed. Few seconds later, someone followed suit. I decide to check out what happened in Ben and Gwen's room. I walk in and see two of them on the floor, convercing.

Max: "Benjamin, Gwendolyn, (Y/n), get out here!"

Gwen: " ''Gwendolyn''? We are so screwed..."

Me: "Don't stress yourself over it, we don't know what exactly he's calling us for."

We make our way out of the motel, seeing absolutly wrecked city before us. That's not something we have done, that's for sure.

Ben(shocked): "Whoah! What happened?!"

Max: "Don't know. Looks like tornado through over night."

Ben(relieved): "Good." - he said, knowing that we won't be blamed for it, not thinking of how it sounds out of context. We all look at him questioningly.

Ben: "I mean, yeah, that was one of those freaky-nature-things, right, guys?"

Me: "Better than dealing with yet another alien..." -  I said, while Gwen shippishly nodded.

Out of nowhere, mayor comes closer to us.

Mayor: "I think it's pretty clear who's responsible for these juvenile acts."

Max: " ''Juvenile acts'', huh? If I didn't know any better, that sounds like..." - he said, looking at Ben, but mayor interupted him.

Mayor: "Oh, I'm not talking about these youngsters."

Max(surprised)/Ben(surprised)/Gwen(surprised): "You're not?" - they said, while I shot an unamused look at my peers. Max did the same, making them grin out of worry.

Max: "Well, if they didn't do it, who did?"

Me: "Probably something inside ''it''." - as I said that, something yellow came through me, making my hair stand straight up. I then see this yellow sparkle circle around Gwen, after which I saw it materealize as the battery I saw inside ''it'' yesterday and cover Gwen's head with her T-shirt, as well as blow a raspberry at Ben, leaving us.

Me: "And how do they call this immature battery?" - I say, trying to fix my hair, which doesn't want to be put back at its place.

Mayor: "MegaWatt."

Ben: "Mega-what?"

Mayor: "Exactly. Normally wrapped up tightly inside of... ''it'', that is until last night." - I look at Ben and Gwen, who exchange glanses with each other. Maybe we would have been able to do something if they'd listened to me...

Mayor: "Some say it's ball of lightning come alive, others think it's cling run amok. Tough to say."

Gwen: "Maybe it's an alien?"

Me: "Doubtfully, it had plus and minus in respective places for a battery. It's something we humans use, not something universal. So it's more likely it was made by a human."

Mayor: "Couldn't have said better."

After that we see Megawatt get inside the bending machine, making it freak out and shake.

Ben: "What's it doing?"

Mayor: "It eats electricity, the more it gobbles, the more powerful it gets."

The bending machine starts to shake even more wildly and shoot out engfueled in yellow lightning soda cans. They fly in our direction, so we try to cover ourselves. One can flies in my direction, so I cover myself with my left hand. As soon as the can touches it, I hear mettalic *clang*.

Mayor: "It've also got dangerous sense of humor."

The speed of the cans rises up too much, so we take cover behind one of the cars.

Max: "That thing was inside the rubber-band ball all the time? Isn't it kinda dangerous?"

Mayor: "Not as long as people minded the signs." - he said and looked at me, Ben and Gwen. Under the preasure, Ben breaks.

Ben: "Alright! We did it! We are guilty!"

Gwen(sarcastically): "So much for ''admit nothing''!"

Me: "Not now, please."

Max: "(Y/n)'s right, we are going to talk about it, you three, but later. How do we stop this thing?" - he adressed mayor.

Mayor: "What'ya mean ''We''? You've let it out, you catch it." - he said, getting comfortable on the bench.

Me: "We can just leave this place to crumble..." - I said, getting the look from Gwen, Ben and Max.

Me: "Alright... Sorry. Let's go."

- Timeskip -

We've been walking for a minute or two, looking for the little monster. We haven't got lucky so far.

Gwen: "Should we try to lure it out with batteries or something?"

Me: "With powerlines in sight, I don't think it'll work." - I say, eyeing the lines, seeing yellow lightning coming closer to us, until in one moment, it came closer to Max and lifted him good few feet in the air, holding him by his underwear.

Max(shouting): "That's not funny!"

Ben: "Don't worry, grandpa, I know just the hero to deal with a troublemaker like this!" - he said, slamming his dial and turning into an Upgrade.

Gwen: "Why go Upgrade?"

Me: "Yeah, he's literally a billion of nanobots that work of electricity."

Ben: "It's complicated..."

Me: "Didn't let you change into the one you wanted, right?"

Ben looked down in shame.

Me: "Come on, it's not the end of the fight. Plus, you've got Diamondhead as help!" - I say, activating my watch and slamming it down.

After a flash of green light I feel thirsty... Oh no...

Ben: "Mine is unfortunate, but yours, dude, it's just sad..." - he said, seeing me as Ripjaws.

- 3rd person P.O.V. -

Ben has gone after a giant rubber-band ball, while (Y/n), seeing no other option, decided to go after the Megawatt to occupy it. Megawatt was quick and agile, and, even though (Y/n) wasn't lacking in both departments, he was still struggling to get a hold of the devil. He was trying to punch, grab, bite, but every act he has made was futile. At some point, when (Y/n) was coming towards the battery once more, he was hit with the giant piece of rubber.

Ben was rolling ''it'' towards the Megawatt, but bands started to snap and fly everywhere, as well as at the fish alien on the field and Gwen.

Gwen(annoyed): "Hey, doofus, whose side are you on?"

(Y/n) has opened his eyes to see a red hydrant. ''Perfect'' is the only thing he thought before biting into it.

Ben at this moment was watching Megawatt laugh at the hero, pointing finger at him. Ben became annoyed enough to focus on this troublemaker and shoot a laser at him, which made the battery dodge and stare at it with wide eyes.

Ben: "Oh, so that's how (Y/n) does that..."

After that, Megawatt started to circle around the hero, stopping behind his back until it is noticed and start to circle again. Ben was trying to catch it, but was nowhere near doing so. When the battery stopped to blow a raspberry at the hero, though, the chance was presented, which Ben didn't miss, jumping and getting a hold of the Megawatt, only for it to zap him off and laugh hysterically once again.

Max: "How do we ground that electric devil?" - he says, making Gwn think of a plan.

Gwen: "Grandpa! You're genious!" - she said, taking off in some direction.

Max: "Thank you Gwen! Why?" - he said, following her.

During that, however, another hero took his chance and slammed a piece of rubber right into the face of the laughing maniac, pushing him towards now spraying out of hydrant water.

(Y/n): "I heard electricity and water don't get along, wanna check it out?" - he said, using confusion of the battery to strike once again, making it fly under the water.

Once (Y/n) comes closer and comes into the water, he gets shocked. Megawatt doesn't seem to plan it, though. It means one thing: water is taking electricity from Megawatt, making him less powerful. Once the electricity in the water becomes tolerable, (Y/n) comes in and tackles it to the ground. Megawatt now seems sleepy.

(Y/n) takes his chance and bites its head off, throwing it to the side. Once he does, though, he sees that this only made both of the parts become full Megawatts and while the one he is holding poses no threat, the thrown one escapes into the power line.

(Y/n): "Dammit!" - he said, before turning back to human once more. The one he holds uses the elecrtisity from his watch to get some power and escape from the boy.

After hearing a honk, (Y/n) turns around and see a truck coming his way. The door opens and Ben stretches his hand out for his friend. After (Y/n) makes his way into the truck, where Max, Gwen and Ben are.

Ben: "So, what are we doing now?"

Max(determined): "Giving these sparklers a science lesson they won't forget!" - he said, slamming the accelerate down, making truck ride forward at incredible speed and Megawatts follow them.

Gwen: "Hey, Mega-weirds, Come and get us!" - Gwen pushed the lever, which made truck drop a giant thermometer off, sticking it into the ground.

Once the demons hit the thermometer, mercury in it acted as a lightning rod, making them go into the ground.

(Y/n): "Oh no..." - he said, knowing what just happened.

Gwen(surprised): "What do you mean ''oh no''?

Ben(confused): "Yeah, it seems they are gone."

(Y/n): "We just gave them an access to the biggets conducter known to mankind..." - Gwen and Max seem to understand where this is going.

Ben: "And..?"

(Y/n): "He isn't gone, he is just taking a small detour through many many powerlines..."

They all make it out of the truck seeing phones engfueled with yellow lightning.

Max: "They're in the underground phone lines..."

They then see tens of these devils causing havock all around the city. We came closer to the group of people that were avoiding being in the way of the demons.

Waitress: "Oh-oh, now they really did it..." - she said, making Ben look at Gwen with a huge grin on his face. Gwen gets annoyed by it in seconds.

Gwen(annoyed): "Ben Tennyson, don't say a word."

Ben: "Hey, I'm just glad I wasn't the one to screw up this time."

(Y/n): "Which, surprisingly, took us almost a whole month to see..." - now Ben was the one getting annoyed, while Gwen flashed a small grateful smile to (Y/n).

After that, all the Megawatts gathered in one place and screached throughout the whole city, making most windows and glasses break. Giant toothpicks started to fall from the sky, while everyone started to dodge them.

- (Y/n) P.O.V. -

I was watching how all the Megawatts gathered once more and seemed to be convercing, after which they all zipped away.

Me: "Who else has a bad feeling about their absence?" - I said as soon as I got to the other three.

At this moment, a giant explosion could be heard and a mechanism from planetarium was brought to life, no doubt whose work this is. It started to walk away.

Waitress: "Well, there's somethin' you don't see everyday. They brought that planetarium exhibit to life." - she said, coming closer to us.

Max: "Come on, we'll head it off in the..." - he said, going towards the Rustbucket, but stopped as soon as he saw that the vehichle was deprived of tires, as well as decorated with green paint. ''U am Lame'' can be seen on the side of the van and couple of smiling faces here and there.

Ben: " ''U am lame''? That's weak."

Gwen: "And don't get me started on the grammar and the spelling..."

Me: "Whoah, guys, lay off a little, they don't even talk English. They at least got the message through." - they both looked at me like I am insane.

Me: "What? Monsters deserve some degree of recognition too."

Ben: "He wrecked the whole city..."

Me(sheepishly): "I didn't say we should let him go. Just don't judge his lack of human knowledge..."

Mayor: "I reckon they'll head for the big hydroelectric dam to power up. After that, they'll just wipe out the next town and so on and son on. They think it's funny. Yup. Megawhatts got a real twisted sense of humor." - I notice Gwen staring somewhere and look at what she is looking at. She is looking at the large fish bowl. Out of nonconducting glass.

Gwen: "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

Ben/Me: "Yeah."

Ben: "Beat those pranksters at their own game!" 

- Timeskip -

Me as the Diamondhead and Ben as Heatblast on the top of the dam. Ben has caught Robot's attention with a large wave of heat he sent at them. They stopped trying to break the dam and lifted the Jupiter part of their body, seemingly looking at us.

Ben: "This is your only warning. Knock off the funny business or I'll fry your twinkling butts!" - he said, which caused robot to punch the dam with more power, making water leak from the crack and us fall to it.

While we were falling, I made a srufboard out of diamond to get down, while Ben found out how  to fly on the fireball.

Ben: "Hey, (Y/n)! Look!" - he said, proud of him finally getting it right. I could do it almost instantly and tried to help him, but my help didn't really acomplish anything.

Me: "Good job! I knew you could do it!" - I said, lanidng on the ground and starting to patch up the cracks, making water stop flowing.

When I finish, I turn to look at our foe and see Ben flying at him, but quickly loosing focus and falling onto the ground. When robot comes closer he raises one of his planets to slam it down onto the hero. Remembering trick Ben told me Tetrax, the friendly assasin that told us the name of Ben's watch, used, growing diamonds in the distance in particular.

I shot some shard into the planet that was above Ben, making robot ''look'' at me. I focused on the shards that penetrated the robot, making them grow and cause robot to slam it on the ground near Ben, unable to move it. It tried to smack Ben with another ''hand'', only to be met with the same problem. Gwen then catches their attention.

Gwen: "Hey, mega-wimps! You wanna see something really funny? You guys are all wet!" - she said, spraying the robot with water, making it slam one of its ''feet'' where Gwen stood, I quickly took that chance to incase his another limb in diamond.

Ben: "What's the matter, can't take a joke?" - he said after preparing a huge fireball that he threw at the robot, destroying it and making Megawatts come out.

Ben: "You really got burned with that one. You guys should really quit while you're behind." - he cause Megawatts to run at him, but Ben fired at the ground, making smoke rise up, helping him get closer to our trap, while I stood nearby.

Ben: "Missed me, doofus!" - he blows kiss to the army of batteries, hiding behind the rug, making devils go after him and right into the trap.

Me: "You crazy son of a gun, you did it!" - I said, taking the rug off and creating a diamond roof on top of a giant fish bowl, trapping every single Megawatt inside.

Ben started to taunt them as soon as I was done with my part of the plan.

Max: "Nice touch with using noncondactive glass along with just as noncondactive diamond. You three make a great team."

Gwen: "Once again, science saves the day." - with that, Ben and me turned back to ourselves.

Ben: "With a little help of science-fiction." - he said, leaning onto the glass.

- Timeskip -

We were watching the city get repaired after our visit. Max decided to take us to apologise to the mayor, but he talked to us first.

Mayor: "You folks done right by us."

Max: "Hope this adventure wasn't a big setback for Sparksville." 

Mayor: "More like giant step forward. What, with our new attraction, soon we'll be raking 'em in." - he takes the rug off the giant light bulb, that is filled with raging Megawatts.

Mayor: "Biggest light bulb! It'll be a humdinger. So long as folks mind the signs." - he get closer to Ben and stares right at him.

We look near the bulb and see a sign.

Ben: " ''In case of emergency, do not break glass''. *sigh* I think I'm pranked out for a while." - he said, while we started to go to the Rustbucket.

Max: "There is a time and a place for a practical joke." - he said as Ben opened the door, causing a bucket of water to fall on him, making us three laugh.

Max: "But funny is funny. Especially when it's not on you."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

30.7K 485 13
Ben Tennyson, a quirkless middle school student who only wanted to be a hero. throughout his life a question keeps entering his mind, "If you could c...
76.8K 2.1K 29
Ever since my family has known the Tennysons, we've hated each other for generations, and at this point we don't know why. It's as if we're genetical...
37.5K 643 24
Ben Tennyson was once a Quirkless boy who had a dream to become a hero, but was denied by an unfortunate genetic trait. Although in his last year of...
6.1K 94 10
It was just another "normal" day for Ben until his childhood best friend Ella came back to Bellwood. However, what they didn't know was Ella's return...