An Odd Ego (Blue Lock X OP St...

Autorstwa RyuXiaoLong

At Blue Lock: All that matters is scoring. If you get the ball, you better score it yourself. Now what would... Więcej

Prologue: He's the Best, but the Worse
Chapter 1: The Flame Ignites
Chapter 2: What makes him the best?
Chapter 3: Waking up to Fight
Chapter 4: The General
Chapter 5: Super Genius Awakens
Chapter 6: Rivalry
Chapter 7: The Top 3
Chapter 8: Monsters?
Chapter 10: Solitary Soccer
Chapter 11: World Class
Chapter 12: A step towards the World
Chapter 13: The Real Elites
Chapter 14: The Blue Lock 11
Chapter 15: Blue Lock Vs Japan U-20
Chapter 16: Rapid Evolution

Chapter 9: Untamable

124 5 1
Autorstwa RyuXiaoLong

Team White got the ball, as instead of guarding Nagi closely, Rin took a position to where he could react to anything he OR Isagi could pull off.

And taking advantage of that, Nagi began to sprint forward.

Azure: 'Nagi's taking initiative from the get go?'

Azure looked at Isagi, somewhat shocked.

Azure: 'Just what kinda player have you become to have that effect, Isagi?'

Chigiri seeing him get free immediately passed the ball to Nagi. Rin with his opportune spacing and timing went towards Nagi, ready to steal the ball if he did get it. At the last second, Nagi let the pass go through his legs, as it got to Isagi. Right after, Isagi made a pass that curved behind Rin to Nagi. Rin however didn't lag in the slightest, catching back up.

Nagi: 'He caught up? He still managed to read the play. In that case, I'll shoot!'

The sclera of Nagi's eyes turned black, which didn't go unnoticed by Ryu or Azure.

Ryu: Rin wait!

The white haired boy immediately controlled the ball with a kick that made it seem like he would shoot. Rin fell for the fake, sliding onto his back.

Nagi: 'I'll control it, and then-!!'

Nagi kicked the ball into the goal.

Nagi: 'USE MY TWO STAGE FAKE VOLLEY!'

Score: 2-2

Ryu: So, taking that sitting down? Me personally, I wouldn't let it slide.

Rin: ... Oh zip it.

Rin got up, with a light blue aura around his eyes.

Azure: Well I guess it's time to respond. I kinda forgot to make a statement last time, so here I'll make it a note.

Ryu kicked the ball to Azure, as they all ran up the field.

Chigiri: 'I'm not exactly sure he's gonna pass on this. I doubt Azure will wanna be the last one to score a goal.'

Ryu: You know Chigiri, there's a big difference between you and I when it comes to speed that I never really thought to exploit.

Immediately, Ryu stopped quickly.

Ryu: It's the fact that I can stop damn near instantly, whereas you have to gradually slow.

With his explosive acceleration, Ryu made a dash to the left side of the field.

Chigiri: 'He's right!'

Azure seeing this passed to Ryu, who trapped the ball in order to get better control.

Ryu: Alright, it's looking like you need a little something extra on this one.

Ryu passed the ball to Azure, as it traveled fast before dropping before Azure.

Isagi: 'What the hell?! A fast top spin pass?!

The ball dropped, as Azure got in front of Barou to get to it.

Azure: Thank you.

Barou ran towards after Azure, doing his best to stay on his tail as he prepared to shoot.

Barou: NO SHOT!!!

As Barou slid to block, Azure simply pulled the ball back, having faked the shot.

Azure: You know, it's fitting. A broken King is honestly meant to be on the ground. Bellow his new one.

Barou nearly blew a gasket, as Azure shot the ball.

Isagi: 'I-It's just crazy. Rin, Ryu, and Azure too. Those three have almost endless possibilities to score on their own, without Chemical Reactions!! And with Bachira acting as the passer, it's all but impossible to shut them all down!!

The ball went into the goal.

Score: 3-2 Red Team

Azure: Yum. Come on, throw some more my way.

Bachira: Nice shot!

Azure: Thanks, but I suggest we all get ready.

Ryu: Yeah I know. I'm gonna keep the speed demon in check.

The ball was kicked off, as like expected, Isagi passed the ball to the speedy Chigiri once Rin and Ryu began to come up.

Chigiri: 'Against Ryu, I can't keep thinking the same tricks will work!! Just like the game against Team V-'

When Chigiri dribbled the ball, instead of kicking it straight out, which Ryu expected, he kicked it farther to the right.

Chigiri: 'I HAVE TO EVOLVE AGAIN!!!'

Ryu: 'Tch, so he's trying to become a technique dribbler now?'

Chigiri ran past, as this did, throw Ryu for a loop for long enough.

Ryu: 'DON'T GET SO COCKY!!!'

Ryu dashed after Chigiri, as with the red haired striker having not gotten to top speed, he was able to close the distance with ease.

Chigiri: 'Damn, it's so annoying how well he can catch up! Thank fuck there's someone in the middle!!'

Chigiri passed the ball with a curve, as it got to Nagi. Isagi ran in, as soon Azure ran in, ready to come in with the tackle, while Bachira simply waited to counter Nagi. Isagi then moved in his blind spot, and once he turned, he pivoted into the opposite direction Bachira's center of Gravity.

Azure: 'Isagi just juked him?! When did the tricky punk learn that?!'

Once seeing Isagi open, Nagi passed the ball to an open space for him.

Isagi: 'Perfect! All that's left is to-'

Isagi felt a chilling feeling, as not only did Rin see the play and was went after the ball, but Ryu did as well.

Isagi: 'WHAT?!! Both Rin and Ryu could see that?! Did they really predict what I planned and finned for a point to intercept the ball?!'

Isagi couldn't tell which of them would make it to the hall first.

Isagi: 'Ryu didn't catch on as fast, but his fucking speed let's him close the distance! I at least need to keep possession, but there's no way I could outdo either of them with my physique! Even our perfect chemical reaction, just can't match up to two monsters who can seemingly see just as far into the future as I can!!'

Ryu was seemingly about to get to the ball before either of them, however out of nowhere, they sensed something coming.

Barou: I win this one, Isagi!

Barou charged in, taking the ball, which threw everyone for a loop.

Rin: What-

Bachira: The-

Ryu: HELL?!!!

Isagi: Barou?!

Azure: Being a King doesn't even cover it! Stealing from a teammate?!

Barou ran towards the goal.

Rin: Tch! What kind of soccer is this?

Both Rin and Ryu ran to stop Barou, however with the distance they were after being thrown off guard, it wasn't much use.

Ryu: 'What the hell even is he?!'

Barou kicked the ball, scoring a goal.

Ryu: 'Instead of being too skilled for Rin to predict, HE'S JUST SO SELFISH YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE BASTARD WILL DO?!!'

Score: 3-3

Barou: What's wrong? Why don't you try and control me, Mr Absurdly Long Eyelashes?

Azure: -_- Remind me to never play on a team with this ego maniac, cause we'd be fighting directly after the game if he stole a goal from me.

Azure looked at the look on Ryu's face, as he seemed just about ready to skip waiting until after the game.

Ryu: -_- Of all the stupid bullshit I've encountered while playing this fucking sport, THIS is easily going on the top.

Azure: ... So I'm gonna guess-

Ryu: Yes I'm pissed the hell of.

When Team Red got the ball, Ryu was the one to bring it up the field. And unsurprisingly to him, Chigiri stayed in front of him. Instead of immediately looking to dribble past, he saw that Isagi was nearby.

Ryu: 'So, he's positioning himself in a place that'll let him guard someone else while also giving me a hard time. I'm kinda proud.'

He passed the ball to Bachira, who Isagi marked. Much to his shock though, Chigiri ran after him to guard Bachira as well.

Ryu: 'Relying on Chigiri's speed? Against a team like us that'll screw you all over if it backfires.'

Ryu also saw Isagi nearby Rin, now fully understanding what he tried to do.

Ryu: 'Seriously? I did it by pure instinct, but he thinks he can devour Rin?'

Bachira began to dribble, as once again, Ryu looked at the field.

Ryu: 'Argh, forget it. For now, I've gotta try and see exactly what they're plotting.'

Not being defended, he looked around, seeing everything in the small field.

Ryu: 'The field is small right now, so it works to my advantage!'

Ryu sprinted in the direction of Bachira, Chigiri, Isagi, and now Barou.

Ryu: 'LIKE HELL I'M LETTING YOU GET THE BALL AFTER THAT LAST STUNT!!!'

Making it, Ryu grabbed the ball that Isagi redirected.

Bachira: Thanks for the save!!

Not responding, Ryu looked to Azure, passing it to him. Bachira seeing how quickly Ryu reacted realized something.

Bachira: 'Hold on, Ryu didn't even bother with something like "Just start moving". He even looked at Rin at least.'

Both he and Isagi ran past him, not even sparing a second glance.

Bachira: 'I'm finally playing with monsters like I wanted... But on their playing field, it's like I don't even exist.'

Azure: Alright, let's go!

The players began to sprint up the field, as Azure got in range for a shot.

Azure: 'This goal is mine!!'

Unknown to him, due to the lack of Stamina due to the intensity of the game, Azure had slowed down. This had been enough for others to catch up, as Barou wrapped his arm around Azure, while Chigiri slid, bumping into his leg before actually touching the ball.

Azure: Ah SHI-

They all fell down, with a whistle being blown.

Ref: Due to usage of a tackle from behind and a malicious slide, Shouei Barou and Hyoma Chigiri get a yellow card!

Barou: HUH?!! I WAS JUST GIVING HIM A FUCKING HUG!!!

Chigiri: All I did was go for the ball!! Man this stupid ass robo-ref is useless!!

Azure: -_- Oh no, I'm perfectly fine. Not like that hurt.

Ryu stretched a hand out.

Ryu: Well in any case, thanks man.

Azure grabbed Ryu's hand, as he pulled him back up.

Ryu: You got me in optimal range.

Nagi: It's about 25 meters from the goal. That's risky.

They saw Ryu come up, placing the ball.

Nagi: That's way too close when it comes to Ryu.

Isagi: 'Ryu's only got two options. One, he can pass it out to one of his teammates. Rin, Bachira, and Azure who have possibilities to score on their own.'

Chigiri and Isagi formed a wall, as the boy still thought.

Isagi: 'Or, he could take the shot himself with his Dragon Strike. No matter what, this is looking like a lose lose situation!'

Ryu back up, before running forward.

Isagi: 'So which will it be?! Will he pass?! Or will he-'

Before either Isagi or Chigiri could react in time, the ball went over both of their heads, with a flaming aura. Isagi couldn't even process his thoughts, the ball went into the goal, with Ryu looking up with slitted pupils.

Score: 4-3 Team Red

Ryu: Did you really expect me to pass a chance like that up? Of course my Dragon Strike was the only correct answer in a situation like that.

Chigiri: He's able to kick it up to a higher level?

Isagi: 'Damn, I should've expected it. If he has time to set himself up better, then the ball basically turns into lightning ready to strike!'

Everyone looked at him, as Ryu wiped sweat off his mouth.

Azure: 'And there you have it. A free kick taken by Ryu is damn near a free point. I'm not sure if I'd even react most of the time.'

Isagi once realizing everything up to this moment had somewhat of realization, as he began to break into multiple puzzle pieces.

Isagi: 'Ryu's slowly been getting better at reading the field this entire game. I only realized how well he was able to do it when he almost stole the ball before Barou got to it. If I take a calculated risk on the next play...'

The puzzle pieces came back together, with Isagi gaining a more serious look.

Isagi: 'Both he and Rin, won't be enough. I might be able to devour both of them in one go. This is a formula for outplaying both of them.'

Nagi: You hear us? Let's go Striker.

Isagi: Yeah. It's too soon to end the game here.

The game continued, as Team Red marked players, doing their best to limit their options and lock them down in their own ways. Barou did his best to get past Azure, as even though he knew what Isagi planned, he dash to catch up to Barou once he made a sharp turn. This ended up clearing the way for Isagi, as Bachira went to stop him immediately. When that was done, Isagi passed it up the field, as Chigiri and Ryu both ran to the ball.

Ryu: 'I've got more steam in the tank than him, but Chigiri got another head start so it doesn't matter.'

The red headed striker got to the ball first. Ryu turned and saw everyone running after them.

Ryu: 'Isagi baited Barou, and then caused this-'

Isagi immediately ran diagonally away from them and towards the goal.

Ryu: 'To make a clear path for himself!!'

As Chigiri passed the ball to Isagi, Ryu immediately ran in the way to block Isagi's usual shooting path.

Ryu: 'Not today, Egoist!!'

CHAPTER END!!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

47.3K 2.4K 24
(Y/n) lived a semi-normal life... for the most part of her early childhood. After the tragic passing of her parents and being adopted by a family des...
37.1K 1.5K 33
"When you used to play soccer you were one of the most skilled players on the field." "That was before the incident." Airi Ego, the younger sister of...
117K 3.5K 49
"You think I'm your dog you can walk around on a leash?! Think again, peasant, I play my way" As a striker and egoist, it is their job to be the best...
35.9K 1.8K 23
"I don't play soccer, so don't ask." (Y/N) (L/N), child of the great (F/N) (L/N), former world champion turned coach, was once known as a prodigy in...