The Match Maker's Match

Od wattisyourname

At Belleford Academy, Olivia Amherst is the official matchmaker. Everyone goes to her for relationship advice... Více

Prologue Olivia
Chapter 2 Olivia
Chapter 3 Tristan
Chapter 4 Olivia
Chapter 5 Tristan
Chapter 6 Olivia
Chapter 7 Tristan
Chapter 8 Olivia
Chapter 9 Tristan
Chapter 10 Olivia
Chapter 11 Tristan
chapter 12 Olivia
Chapter 13 Olivia
Chapter 14 Sean
Chapter 15 Olivia
Epilogue

Chapter 1 Tristan

169 8 1
Od wattisyourname

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Tristan Alistair Vanderbilt

Hey guys!

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of TMMM! I'm sorry it was kind of short I'll try to focus on making this one longer.

------------------

"Tris! Look at these!" I carelessly looked over my shoulder to my super model girlfriend, Ainsley Hawthorne. She pouted at me, but I could see the greed and hunger in her eyes. "Baby, buy me these diamonds? Please?" She was now leaning down nonchalantly and still pouting. I knew her moves. All of them. It was nothing new. I had bought her everything because of these moves. A yacht, a house, fresh-off-the-runway clothes, tons of jewelry, and even two dogs! The bottom line was that if she sold anything it would be one child's education in Africa, yet all she wanted was more. I looked down at her again. I knew she wanted my money even though she had plenty. I wanted to break up with her, but my father, a powerful business mogul, forced me to be with Ainsley to "keep up your image because one day you will take over Vanderbilt and Co." Whenever my father uttered these words his chest would puff out in pride because "with this company I have made myself the most powerful man in the country!" At least that's what he thinks. Yes, my father was a self-made billionaire. Another one of those stories you hear on TV. He was a Turkish immigrant who worked his ass off to get to where he was today. He changed his name and everything. "To be powerful I must sound powerful." Was one of his favorite phrases. My father was arrogant about everything he did, but then, so was everyone in my family. My mother, tea party thrower extraordinaire, had every piece of China above a thousand dollars in the world. When she was younger she was a classic southern belle from Tennessee until she met a devilishly handsome billionaire. They eloped, got hitched and got me, but then comes the great part. My baby sister, Scarlett Vanderbilt. I love my sis and I do everything in my power to protect her from anything bad that happens to her. I've background checked all of her friends and boyfriends (trust me, she's had many) so I know they're not ax murderers or rapists. She comes to me for everything. At least I think so.

I'm shaken out of these thought by a hand rubbing my arm seductively. A little smile touches my lips as I look down at Ainsley and say this,

"No." I turn around and walk out of the shop and almost start laughing when I hear.

"But Tris! Please! I could've worn these diamonds to the charity gala on Friday and shown them off to that stupid bitchy friend of yours, Chrissy Douglas, like, what kind of name is that? Darling please? THEY'RE WORTH MILLIONS! COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW MR. TRISTAN ALISTAIR VANDERBILT!" It was sweet that she thought that I would listen to her. Everyone stared at her while she had a hissy fit in the store and the guards had to carry her out. I shook my head and got into my car. Might as well leave without her. I smiled again.

***************************

I drove my silver Mercedes to the black wrought iron gates of my estate. This wasn't even my family's house, it was all mine and yet it was bigger than a small town in Anywhere, America. I actually despised the wealth around me, but I didn't tell anyone. I wanted to donate it. Everyone would have thought I was mad. I walked into my "office" (I was eighteen. I didn't get why I needed one, but my father insisted) and found Mr. CEO Vanderbilt sitting at my mahogany desk on the phone.

"- yes Margie, yes, I'll talk to him right now. It is not like him to do something so insolent. He will be taught a lesson. I am sorry about Ainsley. I will buy her those diamonds myself-" I sighed as I hung my jacket up and shook my head. This was getting way out of hand. Ainsley was the one who had to be taught a lesson. The girl was a rich gold-digger! What the hell? She was greedy and angry and spoilt, you can't get anything worse than that. My father saw me as he hung up with Ainsley's mom. He beckoned me in with his finger and I sat down on one of the plush couches in the room.

"Why did you leave the jewelry store without Ainsley today? You know that she is insecure and looking for someone to lean on. She needs your support Tristan! She is going to be your wife anyway and-" I groaned and ran my hand over my face.

"No, Dad. She is not going to be my wife, she will never be my wife. I don't even like her. You forced her onto me. All she does is ask for money, or shoes, or diamonds, or something else that's stupidly materialistic and she doesn't even need." At this my dad smiled.

"Son, that's what in means to be rich! We can spend all the money we want. Live in comfort! Why would I want to give up something like that?" I could literally feel my face turn red. That mentality annoyed the hell out of me. Using wealth for my own comfort and not for anyone else. What a waste. If I found a worthy cause I would give it all the money I had, which was a freaking boat load. No. Ten.

"Dad, why are you even in my house right now. Shouldn't you be traveling somewhere exotic with Mom on your private jet?" He traveled everywhere with my mom and they would have "fun" on the plane and in their hotel (the whole building obviously). I know I should be happy that my parents still love each other or at least have intense lust, but it gets annoying. Whenever I stay in their house over night I can hear them doing it all the way from my room in the west wing. It's not like they give a shit. They think their kids have done it before. Truth is, we haven't.

"Yes, Son, I should be flying to Barbados, but first I need to buy Ainsley diamonds." He got up from his chair and walked out the front door. I ran after him and grabbed his arm.

"Dad don't, please. She doesn't deserve it."

"I do not care about what she does or does not deserve, Tristan. I need to keep this alliance with her father or I am ruined. Please do me this solid for all I have done for you." I laughed a bitter and cold laugh.

"You? What have you ever done for me?"

"I gave you wealth and education. I gave you a family. I gave you food and shelter. What more could you want?"

"I want your love, Dad. You've never hugged me and said you loved me. You never took a mitt and played catch with me. Those were your freaking butlers, Dad. You made your butlers play with me!" He shook his head.

"If only you knew what I do for you, Tristan Alistair Vanderbilt. If only you knew." And with that he walked away to buy the diamonds for Ainsley.

******************************

"You will be attending the Belleford Academy." My father said the next day. I sat in the "office" again listening to my father's death sentence for me. This time, it was attending a regular high school. All my life I had gone to an ultra exclusive billionaire child school. The poorest kid there had a dad who's net worth was $4.5 billion. It was ridiculous. The conversations people would have. Cars, parties, guys and girls. Even though there were only eight people in a grade we knew that we were the best of the best. We had egos as big as our bank accounts and trust funds. I was lost. I hated it with every fiber of my being. Hearing my father's words both filled me with happiness and crushed me. I wouldn't have a problem fitting into the student body at Belleford, but everyone would try to fit in with me. I would probably be the richest new student. Every girl would want me every boy would want to be me. In my old school we didn't have to worry about it because we were all on the same boat. Yacht, rather. I had never been to a regular school. It was going to be quite a headache.

"Fine," I said to my father as he stopped talking. I would be going to Belleford for my senior year and then off to Oxford.

"I will have to appoint you a bodyguard. Meet your new head of security, Jefferson Connily." A man larger than anyone I had seen before walked in. It looked like all the hair from his head slid down to his face. He was bald and had a full, honey colored beard that someone could get lost in. I stood up and went to shake his hand. He grabbed it and shook me instead. I spent five minutes silently easing the pain.

"So Mr. Connily-"

"Oh, please call me Jefferson, sir." I raised my eyebrows at his politeness.

"Alright Jefferson, tell me, will you be following me around in school?" I asked. My father laughed.

"What my son here means to say is how will you be keeping him safe?"

"I will be keeping twenty-four hour surveillance on you and I will stand outside of your classes and walk with you in between classes. Let me say, young sir, you will never truly be alone." That isn't creepy, I thought.

"Very good, Jefferson. You can start tomorrow though school actually starts in three days I want him to get used to having you around." My father said as we rose to say goodbye. Jefferson turned around and slapped my shoulder. I winced and yelped

"See you tomorrow, sir." He said and laughed as he walked from the door.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.6K 285 32
Claire is in highschool. She just has a tough time fitting in. She's broken mentally and has scars no one will see. She's the prime target of any bul...
1K 30 9
High School Senior Kyle Davidson comes to terms with his on and off again feelings towards his classmate, Stella Nicholls he never understood his str...
26 0 13
Tristan sets his life in a new school due to his expulsion at his previous school and Tristan deals with his fathers death which he deals with harshl...
455 28 10
Y/N L/N has just celebrated her 18 birthday, and what does she get? A new house and school for her senior year. Y/N is a bit socially awkward, intro...