Just Friends - Neymar Jr

De alohabishesss

they're just friends, right? ©alohabishesss [NEYMAR JR, FANFICTION] HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in #NEYMARFANFICTIO... Mais

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71

56

2.3K 61 108
De alohabishesss

*the wc qualifier match with Brasil and Bolivia will be an olympic match instead alright? most of it will be the same but i'll change some things so jus don't ask questions it's all done for a reason 😭*

I cheered as Jesus shot with his left foot, in only the seventh minute, but unfortunately it was a few inches off. I carried on shouting words of encouragement, as if they'd be able to hear me over the crowd.

The clock ticked on, the eleventh minute. Jesus with the ball again, having received it from Neymar, running as fast as he could towards the goal but being met by Bolivia's defenders. I bit my nails in suspense, watching as he skilfully kicked the ball past the opposing team and into Neymar's heel again. He caught it, taking a step back to steady it before jogging forwards, sizing up the goalie and deciding to take the chance, bringing back his right foot and launching the ball into the centre of the net.

Practically the whole stadium was on their feet, me included, shouting and cheering as we had a lead early on. I knew the media would take me cheering for Neymar's goal in a different way but I was done with it all. The last few months, I've barely even thought about him since i've been that busy. He's not really that relevant in my life anymore and sure it is sad but honestly, I was over it. I wasn't cheering because Neymar scored, I was cheering for my country.

Dani kicked the ball high into the air, Augusto headering it from the centre of the box but it being too high. I sighed, clapping nonetheless and hoping for another chance at goal, Bolivia holding possession in our half a little too much.

Giuliano received the ball from Jesus and saw Coutinho running straight toward the goal. He took the opportunity, kicking it through one of Bolivia's defender's legs and successfully passing it to him. He shot with his right foot, letting us hear the satisfying sound of the ball hitting the bottom left corner of the net.

Again, the crowd went wild, screaming at the top of their lungs. It was our first match but I could already tell the gold was Brasil's. I could feel it.

The thirty third minute came along and Marquinhos was being called for a foul that I missed and Duk from Bolivia's team was awarded the free kick from the left wing.

It got returned, Azogue from Bolivia, fouling one of ours and then awarding Neymar with the free kick.

On the thirty ninth, Neymar booted the ball forwards to Luís who shot it with his left, celebrating like crazy with the team as the third goal had been scored.

Campos from Bolivia had us all on the edge of our seats as he took the free kick from just outside the box but luckily for us his shot was too high, making us all scream in excitement as the score stayed three nil.

Neymar seemed determined to change that though, passing the ball through Bolivia's defensive line to Jesus who didn't leave a second to think and booted it from the left side of the six yard box to the top left corner.

I felt my throat go sore from how loud I screamed along with the crowd, practically jumping for joy as I realised the first half was ending 4-0.

The players walked over towards the tunnel as people started to move about to get in queues for food and drinks. I made my way down to the tunnel where Fred had promised to meet me.

"I'm so happy you came! How've you been?" he gave me a sweaty hug, causing me to laugh.
"I'm good. Well done, you guys are doing great! How you feeling?" We walked toward the tunnel slowly as we spoke.
"Great, we have this in the bag for real," he smirked.
I rolled my eyes, laughing and pushing him lightly, "Don't jinx it!"

I said my goodbyes and waved back to Dani, who was eagerly swinging his arm around in the air from further into the tunnel, by the changing rooms, making me laugh.

I walked down the edge of the pitch, towards where the security guard had let me hop over the barrier when I heard my name being called.
"Amelia!" I turned around, freezing when I saw who was jogging over to me.

"Neymar?"
He had beads of sweat dripping down his forehead, causing his recently dyed blonde hair to stick to it.
"You came," he smirked.
I rolled my eyes, "It just so happens that I grew up in Brasil and this is the Olympics. It wasn't for you."
"Whatever you say Linda. I didn't get any more drunk calls, was starting to get worried," he laughed.

"Neymar, honestly, I'm done with it all. I'm not chasing after you anymore, I don't care. Well done for so far though, you're playing well," I complimented.
"Done with it all? What's there to be done with, we haven't spoke properly in months?" he looked at me confused.

"That's my point Neymar. I wasn't using it to my advantage at first but I've been working on myself. My wages have gone up, I'm more high profile, I'm happier. Things seem to be going good for you too, maybe it's better like this," I shrugged.
His eyes went wide, "Is this one of your many really unfunny jokes?"

"You can't expect me to just sit around and wait for you. I offered that we talk about things and try to move forward but you didn't want to hear it. Don't turn this into an argument, just get ready and carrying on playing how you were, we need a fifth," I smiled at my last words, trying to lighten the mood.

He just stared at me blankly for a few seconds before turning around and walking slowly back to the tunnel, shaking his head and looking over his shoulder with the same shocked look in his eyes and his mouth slightly open before he disappeared down towards the changing rooms.

I sighed, making my way back to my seat.

The 49th minute approached and Dani had the ball, shooting it from outside the box but it being too high and too wide to the right. Luís gave him a pat on the back as they all ran back into position, getting ready on the defence.

Moreno Martins, a Bolivian player, made his way into our half, standing close to the goal as Bejarano dribbled the ball for a few seconds before lifting it high in the air, causing Martins to jump, headering it but it thankfully being saved by our goalie.

We all cheered and Brasil left no time in bringing the ball back up to the Bolivian goal, Giuliano assisting Neymar but it being saved, causing a sharp breath to leave my lips as I dropped the hands that pressed on each side of my temple.

Giuliano managed to get the ball back, trying to shoot over the goalie but missed as the ball curved too far to the right.

58th minute. Coutinho shot with his right foot, from way past thirty five yards, where he received the ball from Fernandinho but missed to the left. I groaned, they were getting restless and taking stupid chances.

Jesus headered from a cross from Neymar but the Bolivian goalie managed to reach the top right corner just in time, saving it yet again.

61st minute. Gabriel Jesus passed the ball over to Neymar who stood at an awkward angle on the left but decided to try and shoot anyway, it getting saved once more.

64th minute. Neymar had another chance, shooting form just outside the box with his right foot but defenders got in the way, blocking the ball from reaching the back of net.

Neymar was put forward to take another free kick but the wall of Bolivian players managed to deflect the ball, causing it to come straight back at him. He lifted his foot up, letting it bounce and slow down for him to be able to control it better but the Bolivian defender, Duk, wasn't messing about, sparing no time at charging towards him, tackling the ball and elbowing him as he did so.

Nothing got called as Neymar rolled around on the floor and Duk continued to bring the ball down into our half. That was until we saw the blood pouring from just above his right eye. Medics ran onto the pitch as he laid on his back with his knees bent, clutching his eyebrow and biting his lip so he wouldn't suppress the screams of agony he wanted to let out.

I was quickly on my feet, running as close to the barrier as I could to see what was going on.
"Sorry Miss, you're gonna have to return back to your seat," the security guard from earlier spoke up.
"That's my friend, I-"
He shook his head, "I'm sorry but there's no excuses. Half time was a one off, whilst the games in play, you need to be seated."

I groaned, placing my hands on my head in frustration but not wanting to argue with him and walking back to my seat. The medics were shouting things to one another and talking on walkie talkies, eventually calling out another group to come help.

I sat watching in despair, there being nothing I could do but pray everything would be okay. A man and a woman carried out a stretcher and my whole stomach dropped, remembering his last accident. He seemed to have thought the same thing as he protested, pushing the doctors off him and standing up, still holding his eye but stumbling off into the tunnel by himself.

I didn't know what to do, I felt hopeless not being able to do anything or even just be there for him.

The game carried on, Willian being subbed in for Neymar and soon everyone was back to focusing on that, whilst my mind still stayed stuck on him. Would he be okay? He lost so much blood, it was splattered all over his face and the grass was still stained with it now. Did it catch his eye? Would he still be able to see okay?

The security guard was turned around, focused on the game rather than his job which meant I had an opportunity to sneak past him as king as I quick.

I dug around in my purse to find the lanyard I had to wear when I was the team's physiotherapist, I knew it would come in handy. I brought it with me just in case there was trouble with seats, I could say I was with the team and get better ones. I hung it around my neck and walked swiftly over to the other end of the barrier, further away from the guard, and hopping over it, trying to act like I was meant to be there.

I walked through the tunnel, poking my head into each doorway until I reached the medical room, leaning up against that door and eavesdropping as to what they were saying.

"He's unconscious right now, we wouldn't of been able to work on his eye if he kept arguing and fidgeting like he was. He should wake up soon, if not we'll refer to the hospital," The doctor spoke, causing me to cover my gasp.
"If not? What do you mean, if not?" I heard Neymar Sr's angry voice and took a step back, knowing how mad he could get.

I moved away from the door, setting myself down on a bench that was situated a few feet away from the changing rooms, meaning I could speak to the team once the game was over. There was no staff around which meant I was able to relax and not be paranoid of people questioning why I was there.

I say relax but I was just over thinking. 'If not.' How can they say that? Why wouldn't he wake up? What if the last time we spoke was me telling him how I don't need him in my life and we're better off without each other? How would I be able to live with myself?

Few hours later:
"What and you haven't heard anything?" I paced up and down my hotel room as Fred looked at me laughing.
"I'm sure he's fine, chill out. It's Neymar, he always comes back even better than before," he patted my shoulder, stopping me from walking.

"But everyone keeps saying that, it's Neymar, he'll be fine. You guys said that after his back injury. We get he's strong but he's not fucking indestructible, we can't always just brush it off and say don't worry it's only him," I put my hands in my hair, stressing.
"We're not saying it because of that. We're saying it because he always bounces back, he doesn't give up. Yeah we said it after his back injury but were we wrong?" he smiled, looking at me pointedly.
I sighed, "No."
"Exactly, so chill. Send him a text or something if you really want to."

I bit my nails, debating whether to do it or not, before deciding to give up my pride and just do it.

———

Junior 🤍

Ney I saw the game, please
let me know if you're okay
or not
22:46

I know you weren't happy
with what I said at half time
but it doesn't mean I don't care
about you
22:48

Even if you're annoyed can you
literally just say whether you're
alive or not mate
23:04

Ney
23:07

Neymar you have to be awake by
now you better not be blanking me
23:11

I can't sleep, please just say you're okay
01:43

I miss you
03:56

———

HEYYYY
SHE FINALLY CRACKED HEHEHEHE

also ik this injury wasn't that deep but just pretend it was worse than it was and don't ask abt why i used a wc one for a olympic one im an idiot okay 😭

ALSO i think some of u r imagining the wrong Fred so this is him. well it's not the wrong fred u can imagine either but i feel like his personality matches this one way better

ALSO i litch cba to proof read these anymore cos i read them so many times as i go thru it whilst writing so i end up getting sick of each chapter lmao so plz LMK IF THERES ANY MISTAKES, i won't take offence i will just go thru and correct it then it's done. it will piss me off more if i see that there's mistakes and no one's said anything and however many ppl have seen it if ygm

thanks for reading. Vote, comment all that jazz

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

114K 5.7K 54
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
872K 40.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
461K 16.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
472K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc