Donovan(Ongoing)

Da Penglowy

DARK ROMANCE -Boma is a freshman who is used to staying out of trouble while Donovan, an epitome of danger is... Altro

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31

27

6.9K 56 45
Da Penglowy

Donovan watched Boma's body press further against her side of the car as she wished she could just disappear, her expression, rueful, scared. She kept her eyes on her lap.

"I said come here, don't make me repeat myself."

She managed to look at him, nervously observing his quiet but stormy demeanor.

" Please, I studied," she said pleadingly. "I read my book and... "

"Shut your mouth." he interrupted, silencing her. Then he patted the spot beside him. "Over here, now."

"Boss man, I'm sorry to interfere but can we move away from here first?" Phillip asked cautiously.

"Phillip, please, I beg you in the name of God. You don't want to piss me off this morning."

"Sorry, Boss. " Phillip raised his hands in surrender. He had just wanted to help the girl out by postponing or delaying her ordeal.

"And you," Donovan addressed Boma, "Will you get the hell over here?"

His exchange with Phillip seemed to have escalated his anger as his attractive light green eyes narrowed at her.

Reluctantly, she moved her shaky body a couple of inches toward him. Then she paused in renewed fear, her eyes, wetting up and her mouth hastily churning out words of explanation.

"Please I studied. Please I..."

Impatiently, he roughly snaked his arm around her and drew her close to his side.

"Please, I tried my... " her speech was cut off by a cry as he slapped her across the cheek.

Boma's palm flew to her hurt cheek and she started to cry.

"Good. You can cry and remember this when next you have any sort of continuous assessment coming your way."

He held her close and gave commands to Phillip.

" Please get us out of this premises."

As Phillip moved the car through the campus streets, Donovan put her marked script before her teary face. "You're getting off easy because we need to enjoy the weekend," he informed her. "But let this be the last time I see this nonsense again. Am I clear?"

In her pain, she sniffled and nodded. He released her and she shifted away from him, returning to the end of the seat. The only sound in the vehicle was her crying.

"Boma, I didn't beat you, did I?" he asked.

She shook her head but kept sniffling.

"If I hear your voice again, I will give you something to really cry about."

She stifled her voice by gently biting on her lower lip, and managed to silence her cries.

"Good girl." he praised and patted the spot beside him again. " Come over here, will you? "

She gave him a wary look as she hesitantly moved closer to him. She knew he was not making a request.

His arm went around her and pulled her closer to his side.

Her body was tense against him as he put her head against his chest and smoothened her hair.

She sniffled again, overwhelmed by her situation.

"Shhh. Stop crying," he said. "Just do well next time. That's all. Okay?"

"Okay." She managed to faintly respond.

"Later, you can tell me the courses you're struggling with. If need be, I will get you a lesson teacher. We have them scattered around the island. alright?"

" Okay. "

He pressed his lips to the top of her head. "Don't worry, you will enjoy the weekend. I promise."

Boma didn't respond. She was tired and hurting. She just wanted to be alone and rest but she knew she couldn't have that.

Her head was against his chest and she knew they looked like lovers. Anyone who looked at them from afar would think he was doting on her. They could not see her pain or her tears.

"Phillip please pass me one handkerchief," Donovan said.

Phillip did as he asked, retrieving a new one from the gloved compartment.

Donovan used it to wipe the tears off her face.

Then he cupped her face in his hands. She was so beautiful, so delicate. He wished he didn't have to handle her roughly but she provoked him.

She met his alluring gaze, thinking about how he was a beautiful monster.

"I will take care of you," he promised. "Always. Alright?"

"Okay."

"Give me a kiss."

She obediently placed a kiss on his cheek. He let out a soft amused chuckle that confused her. Then he claimed her lips gently, massaging hers with his while holding her head steady for his romantic onslaught.

Her senses spiraled into a state of confusion as he kissed her. Emotions she could not pinpoint rained on her, but the clear emotion she felt was powerlessness. She was powerless to do anything.

She was sweet, Donovan thought as he released her. Sweeter than the other girls he had touched.

It felt like she might become a special craving to him, preventing him from having other girls. It might just be possible. And to think that he was not even a one-woman type of guy. He liked having options. He believed it was a man's world.

He could have any girl he wanted but he liked to have the special one who would wear his ring. Time would tell how everything would turn out, he decided. Time would tell. For now, she was his and he would never let anyone else touch her. She was his prized possession. That was why he was taking her home anyway. He wanted to unwind from school matters and he wanted her with him.

Boma felt his finger caressing her hair and was forced to meet his gaze. She felt like she was staring into a sea or pool of sea green. She didn't want to drown in them. Her heart was pumping with fear and feelings she could not fathom.

His phone rang and he let her go. Glad to be left alone, she silently thanked whoever was calling him as he took the call.

"Hey, Harry. What's up?... I'm leaving for the weekend...I'm already on my way. Didn't you get my message? Your phone was off... What? Did they steal your phone too? Gosh. That all-night reading was a disaster waiting to happen and you know it... I'm sure it's the black box guys...haha... Cheap cultism. Don't worry, we will get back to them. Except they want a bloody campus war...Sure we will have to ensure they are the culprits first."

After the call, he looked at Boma. "A lot of people seem to have lost their phones the same night you did," he remarked.

She met his eyes and worked hard to maintain her story.

"Really?"

"Yes. My friend Harry lost his to a bunch of thieves at the lecture theater during an all-night reading. And it's not only him but several people I know."

"Oh. That's... sad."

His eyes swept over her and she knew he was examining her countenance. She avoided his gaze.

"Boma, look at me."

She met his gaze again.

"Were you part of the all-night reading?"

She shook her head, denying it immediately.

"You can tell me. It's okay. I won't do anything to you, alright?"

"I didn't. I wasn't there. You said I shouldn't."

"I know. And I also know that mistakes happen. Perhaps you made a mistake. If you want to tell me, now is the time. I won't touch you. I just want the truth. Come on, I'm listening."

Boma didn't trust his words. She didn't want to be smacked again. She swallowed hard.

" I wasn't there," she responded under his scrutinizing gaze.

"Hmm. Okay. I hope I don't find out otherwise. Because if I do, I will be very disappointed. You know that very well, don't you?"

She nodded and maintained her reply.

" I wasn't there," she said.

" Okay. "

He let her be and focused his attention on his phone.

One hour and thirty minutes later and the car was driving off the island towards a bridge that connected the island with the city.

It would take another hour's drive before they reached the city. Nothing was interesting along the road. Being a travel route there were only tall trees and forests. Occasionally, they would pass the outskirts of small villages.

Donovan noticed that Boma was dozing off. He pulled her close and made her use his lap as a pillow. Her body tensed but he knew it was her fear of him.

***

Later, Boma felt a hand gently tapping on her shoulder and woke up. She didn't know she had slept.

"Rise and shine, Sweetheart, we are in the city."

He gently helped her up and she observed her surroundings. She could see that they were on the road toward their neighborhood.

A feeling of nostalgia entered her. She wished she was going home to her parents instead of Donovan's house.

"How was your nap?" asked Phillip.

"Fine. thanks" she responded.

"Dreamt of me, I hope." Donovan teased.

She politely shook her head.

He smiled a bit as though he was amused. Boma decided that since his mood was lighter, it was best to make the request

She looked at him in a faint hope of getting the response she needed.

" You will show me your house, won't you? From your description, we should be close. " Donovan said.

" Yes. "

" I want to see it. "

" Okay." she said " But I... " she hesitated.

" What is it? ".

" Can I...Can I stay in my parent's house but meet you for outings instead of staying with you?"

He paused thoughtfully for a moment and she thought he was considering her request. Her heart thudded as she waited.

" Boma. "

" Yes. "

" I'm in a good mood. You don't want to ruin it, do you? "

" No," she replied, disappointed.  She would rather avoid that.

"I thought as much," he said. "Drop the subject. We are going to have a great weekend, I promise. But that is entirely dependent on your behavior."

His arm went around her protectively and he kissed her temple. "Behave, and we will be good."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

1.2K 242 35
''Each of your scars have a story, and i am more than happy that you feel comfortable enough to let me in on those stories...'' When two polar oppos...
288K 12.3K 38
Twisted Wonderland x male reader โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” "๐๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐œ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ง๐š๐ฉ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ ๏ฟฝ...
10.9K 398 20
"How the hell did I manage to fall for all three of them..?" A story in which kozume and the other boys fall in love with each other, yet have the mo...