her disappearance

Oleh _marawrites

ANOUSHKA SHETH was a lonely girl. Due to her nemesis, Isabella's disappearance and being blamed for her disap... Lebih Banyak

CHARACTERS
prologue
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
EPILOGUE #1
EPILOGUE #2

4

125 7 7
Oleh _marawrites

CREIGHTON

My mother and I go to my siblings grave at least once a month or maybe even twice depending on how we feel but today's different. It's been two years since their death.

My mum places a bouquet of flowers by the gravestone and I sink to my knees as I shakily place a small car that I bought and a doll. "You would love these." I whisper.

My mum strokes my back gently before sitting beside me. "God, I miss them." she says and guilt fills me. I wish it was me instead of them. They were only children.

"I never blamed you for what happened." my mum tells me. She says that all the time. I know she blames my father because she filed for divorce right after their death. She doesn't know that I was the one that dragged them back to land. She doesn't know that they begged me to go swimming with them.

"Creighton please." My little sister begs as she tugs on my hand.

I grin as I crouch down to reach her level. "You guys have been in the water all day long."

My brother huffs, crossing his arms against his chest. This boy is only 8 but he has the attitude of a teenager. I couldn't wait until those years come.

"Creigh!" my sister pleads again.

"Fine." I murmur. "I need to go to the bathroom first. Wait here!"

She squeals. "I love you Creigh." she smiles hugging my leg.

"He wasn't a good person." I say. "Not a good dad or husband." I continue.

She nods sadly. "I'm relieved I met Daniel." she whispers. "He saved us!"

He saved her. Not me. Although I wasn't his biggest fan I know my mum loves him and if he makes her happy then I didn't care. He was always there for my mum after my sibling's death. Originally, he was her boss and when my mum took a shit ton of days off work I think he realized what happened. He was a part of my life for a long time and I didn't resent him as much as I used to.

"I think we should head back now." she says. "How do you feel about tucking in and watching old videos?" she asks. "I can have the day off work."

I lightly smile at my mother. "That sounds amazing."

•••

ANOUSHKA

My mum chose a long dress for me to wear. Fucking hell. At times like this, I wished I was at school. I put on a good amount of makeup to disguise the redness scarring my cheek.

"You are going to give them this basket and apologise," she urges.

I nod my head.

I grab the stupid basket and walk to their house. I knock twice before the door opens. I expect to see Aspen or even Daniel, not fucking Creighton.

His eyes wander over my attire before they flicker to meet my eyes. "On your way to a funeral?" he asks, a playful tone in his voice.

"I would rather be there." I grumble. "Are your parents home?" I ask.

He nods his head confusedly. "My mum's in the living room and Daniel is in his office. Why?" he asks, his brows lifted.

"I need to apologise. I was wrong for yesterday."

He scoffs. "You apologising?" he laughs as if that's the most ridiculous thing he has ever heard. "Who's coercing you?"

"Fuck you." I say with a sweet smile. "Are you going to let me in?"

He looks at me suspiciously before nodding his head. He moves to the side so I could walk inside. "Also. Is there any way you can tutor me? I realised that it's probably going to be difficult for me to deal with it on my own."

He raises his brow once more. "Anoushka. What the fuck is going on?" he asks.

I lift my head to look at him. "Nothing. Can you show me your dad's office?"

He walks down a long hallway and we were suddenly outside a door. He knocks twice before peeking his head in. "I have a guest for you," he says.

I walk in after him, and Daniel's eyes froze on me. "What is she doing here?" he asks, so much hatred in his voice.

"I'm here to apologise." I drop the basket onto his desk. "I was in the wrong and I should not have raised my voice at you."

"Will you finally admit that you played a part in her disappearance?"

I bite my bottom lip and shook my head. "I can't admit it if it isn't true," I whisper.

I could feel Creighton's gaze on me.

He nods his head once. "Fine. I accept the apology."

"Your turn," I say, crossing my arms against my chest. "Are you going to apologise?"

He raises a brow. "Why would I?"

"The way you spoke to me wasn't appropriate. You'll spend your whole life blaming me for what happened to her but in reality I had nothing to do with her disappearance. I hope you can realise that soon enough."

He doesn't reply. "I'm sorry I guess." he finally says and I nod my head in acknowledgement of his pathetic apology and I leave his office, heavy footsteps follow behind me.

"Anoushka." I hear Creighton call.

I wasn't in the mood to talk to him of all people.

When I didn't reply, Creighton's hand reaches for my upper arm and he pulls me back. His eyes concentrate on my face for a few seconds before they suddenly darken as he drags me to another room.

"Creighton." I whisper-shout, digging my nails into his hand.

He eventually let go of me when we reached a bedroom, which I assumed was his. "Who the fuck put their hands on you?" he asks.

Oh shit.

I open my mouth. "No one."

He snorts. "Try that again."

"Creighton stop."

"Stop what?" he asks, innocently. "I'm just curious as to why your cheek is so red. Don't even try to say it's make up." he says, seeing right through me.

"Just a miscommunication with my dad."

His eyes flare for a second before they soften as he stares at me. "Anoushka."

"I'm fine. It didn't hurt." lies. I had to put ice my cheek for a whole hour. 

He frowns as he eyes my cheek. "It looks like it hurt. Is there anything I can do?"

"Tutor me. That'll make him happy." I simply say.

"What about you? Will that make you happy?"

"Seeing your face more than usual? Definitely not."

He lets out a deep, throaty laugh. "You are definitely convincing me to tutor you."

"Good."

"Maybe in exchange you could tutor me for maths."

I raise a brow. "Thought you were getting straight A's?"

A smile curls his lips. "Maybe not in maths."

"Hm." I mumble. "That seems reasonable enough. I'l tutor you."

"Perfect." he murmurs and his gaze drops to my red bruised cheek. He reaches out to my bruised cheek, and runs a thumb on the bruised area. "Don't let him touch you again." he says.

I let out a small laugh. "Easier said than done."

"No. Anoushka I'm not playing around here. Don't let him hurt you." he says, his playful tone dropping.

I nod my head. "I won't let him hurt me."

"You won't let him control what you're wearing." he says, eyeing me up and down.

My mouth drops as I cross my arms against my chest. "What if I chose to wear this? Hm." I retort.

He looks at me for a second before letting out a deep laugh. "This is far from the clothes you wear. The Anoushka I know rolls her skirt up once she leaves her house. You wouldn't choose to wear a dress that is longer than you."

Why does he know that?

"Yes yes whatever. Can I go now?"

"Almost. When should we begin our tutoring sessions?" he says with a devilish smirk.

"Quarter to never." I murmur under my breath.

He raises a brow. "What was that?" he smiles sweetly.

"Nothing." I reply, with a fake smile.

"My dorm. Tomorrow at 5."

"Why can't you come to mine?"

"I'm the one tutoring so I get to determine where we study."

"Asshole." I mutter.

His mum barges in to his room. "Look at this video of George!" she enthusiastically says. She pauses when she sees me, lowering her iPad. "Anoushka. I didn't see you come in." she smiles.

"I had to drop something off."

"Well. Would you like to stay? We're watching old videos of George and Raven."

I glance at Creighton, who was glaring at the floor. "I don't-"

"Please." she says. "For me," she adds quietly, a sad tone to her voice.

I raise a brow. Shit. I forgot it was the anniversary of George and Raven's death. "Yeah of course." I say, wiping my sweaty palms on my dress.

She smiles. "I'll be in the living room." she strokes Creighton's arm before leaving.

"I'm really sorry, Creighton." I whisper.

He doesn't say anything. "You don't have to stay." he says. "I don't need you to."

I clench my jaw. This is what he did last time. When he first lost his siblings, I tried everything to be there for him and he shut me out every single time. Isabella was there for him instead. She would hug him. She would make him smile and I loathed it.

"I'm staying," I state. "I want to see the old videos."

I reach the door and I sigh before turning back to look at him. "I know we aren't friends but once upon a time we were and you can always talk to me if you need to."

He doesn't say anything and I leave his room. I find his mum sitting in the living room, crying quietly.

"Aspen," I whisper, sitting beside her.

She frantically wipes her eyes. "Anoushka." she sniffles. "You okay? Want me to make you something to eat?"

I shake my head. "I'm okay. Are you?" I ask, stroking her arm gently.

She shrugs. "I just miss my babies." she chokes out. "I need you to do something for me, Anoushka."

"Of course. Anything."

"Be there for Creighton." she says.

I swallow hard.

"I know you two aren't close anymore but he trusts you. I can tell. He doesn't let anyone in. Not me. Not Daniel. Not even his best friends but you. I think you could make a difference. I understand that he can be cold and hurtful when he's upset but that's just his way of driving people away. Please don't let him drive you away again. He needs you. Even if he doesn't admit it."

I nod my head. "I'll be there for him, Aspen," I whisper. "You don't have to worry."

She smiles, cupping my cheek in a motherly manner. "You're growing up, Anoushka and I love the person you are turning out to be."

My heart races at her words. My own mother wouldn't ever tell me this. I smile at her. "Thank you, Aspen. That means a lot to me."

"Want to watch videos of Creighton as a teenager?" she asks, smiling.

"God yes." I reply, leaning back beside her.

•••

I laugh hard at the video of Creighton. "Oh my god." I say, wiping my tear away. "You have to send this to me." I tell Aspen. I could definitely torment him with this. Since when was his favourite colour purple?

"Of course." she says, smiling with me.

She swipes left and it's a birthday video of George. She presses play and we watch as George sits on Creighton's lap and blows out his candle. He turns around and pulls Creighton down so that he could hug him and Creighton had a huge smile on his face. The most genuine smile I had ever seen. I hadn't seen Creighton since I left him in his room. I stand up. "I'm just going to check on Creighton." I say to Aspen.

She nods her head as she continues to swipe on her iPad.

I follow the hallway that I remember Creighton pulled me to. I knock on his door and there was no response. I quietly push open the door and his room was empty but his window was open. "Creighton," I call out.

I look out his window and I saw him. Sitting on the tiles of his roof. "Fuck." I mutter. I stand on his windowsill and I carefully crawl out.

"Anoushka." he says, his voice full of surprise as if he didn't believe that he was climbing out his window.

"A hand please." I say, grabbing onto the wall like my life depended on it.

He chuckles before standing up and grabbing my hand. He guides us back to the tiles that he was sitting on.

I sit down beside him and he lets out a sigh. "How did you find out I was out here?"

"Well the window was open so I just assumed. Plus, occasionally I do notice you sit here." He stays quiet. "Are you okay?"

He shrugs. "Two years ago today." he whispers. He looks down at his phone, which read 2:30 pm. "Right now the paramedics took them away." he mutters.

My heart clenches. "I'm so sorry Creighton."

He shakes his head. "Was my mum showing you videos of them?"

A smile tugs at my lips. "Of all of you. When were you going to tell me that your favourite colour is purple?"

His jaw hangs as he stands up. "Who put that stupid idea in your head?"

I laugh, standing with him. "The video your mum showed me."

"Absolutely not Anoushka."

We climb back inside. "Your mum needs you as much as you need her." I tell him. "I have to go back home."

He nods. "See you at tutoring tomorrow." he says, winking at me.

"Oh god." I murmur, slapping my hand over my forehead. "I'm so going to regret this." I mutter, as Creighton walks me out.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

966 75 48
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...
9.1K 377 34
●COMPLETED● Fan of erotic and heated love scenes? Well, you've come to the right place. No under 18s allowed🚫. The funny thing about love, is that...
790K 45K 39
#1 Mystery | #1 Thriller | #1 Young Adult Have you ever known someone more than you know yourself? Known them so inside out that you could finish th...
3.9K 896 62
AN ORIGINAL TEEN FICTION/ROMANCE/MYSTERY NOVEL. One's dangerous interest in power, status and greed can lead to a set of triplets being forcefully se...